• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hahah, yeah. XD Still cool to see just what could happen if you were precise and could perfectly master Ragna.

If Ragna players could consistently play like this combo video in tournaments and pulled wins, he'd be boosting back up the tier list yet again. Nothing more scary than intense Ragna imo. I do hope that he transfers over into CSII well as a viable tournament character.

Jam, the best way to avoid being one of those people is to just ignore those that would point the finger in the first place. Who cares what others think? Play who you want. I'm sure if Noel stays as good as she is in CSII tier-list wise and all down the line, if I pick her up I'm not listening to anything anyone says.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Real Noel mains play her when she's poverty tier.

Noel 4 lyfe.

Also, Ragna has some pretty bad match-ups against zoners. He has no problem getting damage, he has trouble getting in. I don't think people playing like a Tetsu combo video would really move Ragna up the tier list. But that's just me.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I remember when I played Ragna there were some zoning characters that would just absolutely own me. And oddly enough, feel got to point with Noel that needed a little tiny break from her before going back or something. No idea why.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
If Ragna players could consistently play like this combo video in tournaments and pulled wins, he'd be boosting back up the tier list yet again. Nothing more scary than intense Ragna imo. I do hope that he transfers over into CSII well as a viable tournament character.
The problem with that is that you are saying people should play like a combo video, which are mainly just flash for the sake of entertainment (in other words, not optimal combos).

Also what is keeping Ragna lower (in CS1 atleast(which would still mean high tier)) on the tier list is not what he can do once he lands a hit, it is his ability to land that hit. Even though his normals have a lot of range on them, he has problems getting damage in once his opponents figure out how to deal with his blockstrings, so as a result, he has to take pretty big risks to try and get that damage in.

P.S. I wasn't being serious about that post back there. It was a SF2 reference (that no one seemed to notice).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ragna looks much more fun in CS2, now. It'll actually motivate me to learn his other combos with him this time. lol

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Kaqn is the best CS Ragna.

I don't even know why this is in question.

Smooth Criminal
You are lucky you did not say this on Dustloop.

Kaqn is really good, don't get me wrong, but he is not the best. It is just he is the most well known Ragna (a combination of him being the one who chooses what videos from his arcade get uploaded, and that there is not that many videos of other Ragna's).

Some better (CS1) Ragna's are Mame and Sakeido I belive.

P.S. He also still mains Ragna. He just likes to use most of the cast in the game.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Apparently, Sekido switched to Hazama. It was in one of Jourdal's vids. :c

Have you guys subscribed to this channel? http://www.youtube.com/user/blazblueconr

It features high-level Japanese blazblue matches. They've just recently uploaded some 2v2 teams. Thought you guys might be interested.
Thanks for the link! I watched the first video that popped up, and I feel like this might have been ripped from the SBO stream.

Good find. :3c

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[/COLOR
FAKE EDIT: I seriously got the URL for the animated Zorua in my Photobucket memorized now.[/COLOR

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/e64/yoshara111/Smashboards%20stuff/ZoruaAnimated.gif[/IMG[/COLOR[/QUOTE]

Does this mean I have to AdBlock that, too?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, and I think Mame switched to Makoto.

FAKE EDIT: I seriously got the URL for the animated Zorua in my Photobucket memorized now.

Looks like I've gotta take up the mantle of top Ragna with all the others droppin'

No I'm serious. I'm gonna start to play more and more and get even better and start rocking at tourneys. If I can go the distance with Sonic, I can do the same with Rags.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Kaqn is the best CS Ragna.

I don't even know why this is in question.

Smooth Criminal
LOLOLOL psst I know why

You are lucky you did not say this on Dustloop.

Kaqn is really good, don't get me wrong, but he is not the best. It is just he is the most well known Ragna (a combination of him being the one who chooses what videos from his arcade get uploaded, and that there is not that many videos of other Ragna's).

Some better (CS1) Ragna's are Mame and Sakeido I belive.

P.S. He also still mains Ragna. He just likes to use most of the cast in the game.

Oh already taken care of thank you.

Better he did say it here than Dustloop, **** would blow up ^____________^

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I lurked DL for a year before I made an account. And it was only to ask how to do something Noel-related.

I post there, maybe... once a week? At the most.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Seriously, what crawled up BB/GG players' *****? On dustloop, at least. /knows a guy IRL who plays that fits the jerk BB player role

... just wanna say, I ♥ you guys. Smash Bros. community gets stuff done but we're more lax and awesome at the same time.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Seriously, what crawled up BB/GG players' *****? On dustloop, at least. /knows a guy IRL who plays that fits the jerk BB player role

... just wanna say, I ♥ you guys. Smash Bros. community gets stuff done but we're more lax and awesome at the same time.
Because we expect people to read sticky and use the search feature.

And post an appropriate topic in the appropriate forum.

And not unnecessary clutter a character forum (or even other forums necessarily). Your basic question could 99% of the time be asked if it wasn't answered already in an existing thread.

And not look like a 3 year old when you post. This is beyond spelling and grammar fyi.

Anyone who's mean to you if you do all of that (which you shouldn't be scared of, you're on the internet for crying out loud) is just trolling.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I have to agree with that, simply having one person say "sorry bud, this was answered here:" and point them in the right direction not only takes less time than a gang beating, but encourages new members to join and helps the community grow so that more people who join feel more free to ask for help. Oh, and not making up random terms in combos that only Dustloop uses and expecting them to make sense to everyone helps too, lol.

Re: Abdul.

Thino

Smash Master
I think DL is pretty cool , Im just waiting to have CS to start hanging out there a lot again

I was lurking mostly in the PSN thread for ggs and stuffs

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Eh.

Didn't mean to come off speaking in absolutes. I just haven't seen a better CS1 Ragna than Kaqn. I'll definitely look for those other players; my interest is piqued, to say the least.

I haven't kept up with anything pertaining to this game lately so I'll definitely concede to my betters on this one.

Addendum:

I could also give two ****s if there had been an initial blow-up if I had posted that on a similar thread at DL. If they wanna get butthurt over an opinion, that's their problem. I would have told them the same damn thing I told you guys.

Smooth Criminal

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's alright SC, there aren't that many absolute "this person IS the best user of x character in BB!!" claims out there that are fact and not open to interpretation anyway.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, that's why I said "aren't that many". Saying that the lord and master knows all there is to know about playing Noel and then some simply goes without saying. :bee:

Top Bottom