• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Yoshara

Smash Lord
All you have to do to avoid the ire of people on Dustloop is just think before you post. If you are asking a question just search/check the stickies first, and then if you still don't have your answer, just check to make sure you are posting in the right section. To be honest, they have no problem with people not knowing or being wrong about something, as long as that person is willing to learn and are humble about it, and doesn't clutter the forums.

P.S. The reason Dustloop can get so uptight at times is because of how much they have had to deal with people ****ting things up or treating the whole forum as a social discussion, when it is meant to be a place for people to discuss/learn more about the game on a competetive level, and not just a place to joke around (they have social threads for that anyway).

EDIT: For example, if someone said that Kaqn was the best Ragna there, people would be quick to correct at him, but as long as that person was not being an *** about it, and is willing to at least listen and be humble about it(and do some research), they would have no real problem with it, and would be relatively quick to drop it. Of course if they were not willing to listen and just kept posting and being thick headed about it, well, then you got a problem.

EDIT2: Also, if you are going to argue something, be sure to make your argument is well worded, intelligent, and more often than not backed up with some form of evidence, and be sure to know when to drop it.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have to agree with that, simply having one person say "sorry bud, this was answered here:" and point them in the right direction not only takes less time than a gang beating, but encourages new members to join and helps the community grow so that more people who join feel more free to ask for help.

Oh, and not making up random terms in combos that only Dustloop uses and expecting them to make sense to everyone helps too, lol.

Re: Abdul.
Those actually with some responsibility (read ME for starters) on DL actually do that. You think we can magically control what every user does?

Oh and using the same terms in combos that the Japanese used to begin with and explaining them in our sticky threads and guide pages helps too lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually haven't seen anything bad posted in DL. In the instances where I see someone getting flamed, they actually deserved it lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Those actually with some responsibility (read ME for starters) on DL actually do that. You think we can magically control what every user does?

Oh and using the same terms in combos that the Japanese used to begin with and explaining them in our sticky threads and guide pages helps too lol.

Yeah, I actually felt stupid because after I posted that I went and checked DL just to make sure, so my bad on that and I'll admit that. And yes, I did notice there are some admins that do too. But you do have to admit there are a lot of people that are too quick to insult and criticize.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
How bout that CS2? Well, it's release should be a day of returns, revenge, and redemption. Oh wait...that was Survivor last year. :bee:

But well, It's gonna be darn good for sure.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm gonna miss Ragna's CS1 combos that did 3000/4000+ without Blood Kain. :( Until we figure out more combos that work, that is.
Can't he do 3K combos in the corner? That's not too bad.
Or maybe that was with Rapid Canceling. I've been behind on how Ragna plays in CSII.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Most Ragna combos I've seen tend to stick in the high 2000 area. But once in the corner he reaches around the 3000+ mark, usually ending in Inferno Divider CC -> 2C -> 22C or something. ...if I got the move wrong for the second part I am totally sorry. XD; Asides the one instance of Belial Edge and more use of Dead Spike in combos, he's looking a lot like CT Ragna imo.

I'm not seeing a lot of high level Ragna play in CSII. ...****ing Makoto. -_-

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Most Ragna combos I've seen tend to stick in the high 2000 area. But once in the corner he reaches around the 3000+ mark, usually ending in Inferno Divider CC -> 2C -> 22C or something. ...if I got the move wrong for the second part I am totally sorry. XD; Asides the one instance of Belial Edge and more use of Dead Spike in combos, he's looking a lot like CT Ragna imo.

I'm not seeing a lot of high level Ragna play in CSII. ...****ing Makoto. -_-
Yeah, 2000k on midscreen combos seems pretty normal for the majority of the cast.
So while he did get nerfed in midscreen combos, so did mostly everyone else. And now he can't build tons of meter midscreen like he used to. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Guess in essence I miss how cool his combos looked in CSI, especially when I tried to mix up different ways to get into BE and all.

I got no real worries. XD The 3500+ character midscreen looks like Noel right now anyway. XD

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
*fistbump*

Sorry for not playing lately, guys. I've just been super busy both online and offline. Dx
*fistbump*

We should play sometime. When you're not busy. Believe me, I know what it's like. :3c

Yeah, 2000k on midscreen combos seems pretty normal for the majority of the cast.
So while he did get nerfed in midscreen combos, so did mostly everyone else. And now he can't build tons of meter midscreen like he used to. lol

2000k?

:awesome:

Uh, Ragna will just get 30 meter instead of 50 off of one combo. He'll be fine.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
*fistbump*

We should play sometime. When you're not busy. Believe me, I know what it's like. :3c

2000k?

:awesome:
LOL Whoops. I knew something wasn't right after I typed that.
Uh, Ragna will just get 30 meter instead of 50 off of one combo. He'll be fine.
Yeah, I wasn't worried about how he gains less meter. I was just glad that he doesn't build such a high and dumb amount like he used to.
IMO, they did a good job balancing Ragna without ruining him. But some people would disagree.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Truth be told I haven't even seen the implimentions of Blood Kain in CS2, so it's possible that if you get good with using/going into Blood Kain and combo from there, Ragna's still a beast. Who knows? I'll hafta find out/look into it more.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
You know, when I think about it, there is a lot more character diversity in CS2 than in CS1.

In CS1, pretty much every series of videos uploaded from Japan had multiple Bang's, Litchi's , Hazama's and not that much else unless it was someone notable. In CS2 we are generally seeing a majority of the cast, and more often than not, it is some of the weaker characters in the game, and they are still doing well.

Simply put, CS2 is looking pretty decently balanced.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Early reports indicate that if you take Makoto out CS2 might be one of the best balanced games ever.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
More recent reports indicate that Makoto is not as bad as everyone thought.

P.S. The main reason people *****ed about Makoto, was because they saw that she has good damage, abare (the ability to get good damage off of any attack), and they saw Tsujikawa (SBO winner) ripping **** up with Makoto. She may be one of the best, but she is not anywhere near as dumb as people think/thought.

EDIT: Also a majority of those claims came from people who have yet to play CS2.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I was under the impression that people who had played CS2 (i.e., Stunedge and Jiyuna, I think?) thought Makoto was way too good. Mostly for the reasons stated above.

Ah well, we'll just have to wait and see either way.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Out of those two, only Jiyuna said so, and his "proof" essentially boiled down to Tsujikawa is too good. Stunedge said she was good, and definately one of the better characters in the game, but no one is really OP'd. Also I have noticed that the amount of Makoto's has dropped off since release, meanwhile in CS1 the amount of Bang's and Litchi's only increased over time.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Makes sense. I'm not really worried about it anyway. Makoto seems to have a somewhat high learning curve, so it's not going to be CS1 all over again.

I hope.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
The learning curve with Makoto is mainly learning ground game, poking, how to make pressure work, and stuff like that. When it gets right down to it, her playstyle can get pretty simple, but at the same time she still needs to put quite a bit of effort into it to get the win.

P.S. Goro, a Lambda, now mains Makoto (by now I mean at the beginning of the month). His reasoning is "Lambda is too simple for me".

EDIT: Also, at one point in time, Galileo mained Makoto, but recently he switched back to Litchi (after SBO he dropped Tager for Litchi). Also his Litchi is pretty kick ***.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm okay with that, Goro's Lambda was really boring to watch. And yeah, Galileo's Litchi is scary. I saw a vid of it the other day. :3c

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Does Hazama gain much more heat while doing that 5c fiasco midair now? In school cant check get at me, btw lets play this weekend xbros I've gotten more consistent at ****** :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lambda has always looked a bit simple, which is why I picked her up (and well to be a bit more competitive hurr)

But yeah I'm slowly going to keep building myself up with her until the update.

May I get added to the list of awesome?

Kola: Kola x (Lambda)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh yeah...I probably should have clarified lol

Xbox Live, since it's the system I have Blazblue on. The Xbox controller feels much much better for the game imo.

For giggles my PSN is VigilanteKola

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Ah CS2.

If I play (GG, AH3, MvC3 oh my) more than enough to make a guide, I'm still going to beat everyone I already did at least. I just have to put more effort than dash 5a/5b ^_^.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Let me know ASAP if you guys are going to do something tomorrow night or Saturday.

I'm gonna be back home for the weekend, and I can take my PS3 with me to play a few.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Too late. I left my PS3 back at my dorm when I left this afternoon.
You were just too slow.

As was everyone in this thread. :(

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Maybe you're the one whose too slow. Too slow to realize you forgot your PS3.

Unless you just changed your mind.

... awww no Tager shenanigans. :(

Top Bottom