• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Fighting games are meant to be balanced. An unbalanced game can be considered broken.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
^10000 this.

Once a company releases a game, they are obligated to fix it, but not to balance it.

Balancing it is a service that costs money and devlopment and is done for the ADDITIONAL benefit of the fanbase, not just to fix something that should have been working to begin with.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
/facepalm.

No game will ever be perfectly balanced, so developers are not REQUIRED to achieve this goal, or to even TRY, if they don't feel like it. Balance patches are done SOLELY FOR COMMUNITY BENEFIT. The company already released the game, so unless they charge for the patch, it isn't really in their interest to balance their game, unless they're building loyalty to the brand for the future.

Bug fixes (especially those that make the game UNPLAYABLE) are basically REQUIRED to be fixed.

The prime difference is that people will still play an unbalanced game, if it's completely playable and well-made (barring EXTREME balance issues)

Making a balance patch is a SERVICE to the community that consumes resources, is completely voluntary, and they have EVERY RIGHT to charge for it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Raziek obviously has never heard of Pong. That game is so perfectly balanced that it's stupid.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Simplicity lends itself to balance, but not to Depth.

That is why complex games are impossible to balance. Particularly, fighting games become impossible to balance as soon as you have 3 characters, since changes to one cascade into other matchups.

Only 2 character games can be perfectly balanced.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Whatever you say. I was just making sure you knew that you're statement:

No game will ever be perfectly balanced
-was completely wrong because that game exists.

@Lyth: I was gonna bring it up, but I knew someone would. <3

Only 2 character games can be perfectly balanced.
Pong only has 1 single character. You lose again, Razzle McDazzle.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Incorrect Espy.

Pong has two characters, but they are identical in their properties. (Player 1 and Player 2)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wrong, Razzle.

Pong has a single character that is duplicated and controllable by two separate players. I guess that means character dittos involve two different characters to you.

Guys, Ryu vs. Ryu is actually TWO COMPLETELY separate characters. The fact that they're both named "Ryu" and have the same properties and attributes are all negligible.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
So I got into a car accident today (wasnt my fault get at me)

and they had to use the jaws of life to get me out and all I could think about while those huge pliers where ripping my door out was Hazama's drive 0_0

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Which ones have you done so far?
My gosh!

You're okay though, I'm guessing?

I mean, dead people don't usually post on forums, but you never know.
Yeah I'm totally fine lol

it was crazy as **** though when it happened, then i saw that jol and everything went better than expected

that and I wasn't at fault and I will be covered for the retail price of the car. Pretty sweet, now if I was hurt well that wouldve been different.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow, glad you ended up ok, Ophy. And lol, your priorities are a bit off if you're thinking about Hazama's drive at a situation like that.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ima be on PSN tonight for a bit, if anyone's up for a few, toss me a message and we'll make a room.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeah I'm totally fine lol

it was crazy as **** though when it happened, then i saw that jol and everything went better than expected

that and I wasn't at fault and I will be covered for the retail price of the car. Pretty sweet, now if I was hurt well that wouldve been different.
Well, I'm glad that you're ok! Just make sure that you take some advil tonight; you might be hurt without realizing it.

It can take a while for injuries from crashes to be felt. When I got hit from behind by a complete dumb ***, I felt totally fine until the next day. The next morning, I was so sore that I could barely move. x_x

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Wow, glad you ended up ok, Ophy. And lol, your priorities are a bit off if you're thinking about Hazama's drive at a situation like that.
I was on my way to school (community college bby!), but I tried to make the moment a little more comical to easen up the situation since it was bad

but everything seems good so far right now :)

Well, I'm glad that you're ok! Just make sure that you take some advil tonight; you might be hurt without realizing it.

It can take a while for injuries from crashes to be felt. When I got hit from behind by a complete dumb ***, I felt totally fine until the next day. The next morning, I was so sore that I could barely move. x_x
dood no lie, I felt completely fine at the scene of the accident, but earlier tonight I've been kinda light headed with some back pain here and there. Weird as hell. Probably the adrenaline from this morning kept me going or something

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
So I got into a car accident today (wasnt my fault get at me)

and they had to use the jaws of life to get me out and all I could think about while those huge pliers where ripping my door out was Hazama's drive 0_0
Good to hear you came out of it ok.

Raz is smart.

AH3 is godlike.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raz is smart.

Thanks, my name's not purple for no reason. I'd like to consider myself quite knowledgeable on the theory of game balance and design. xD

I've read the grand majority of Sirlin's work, and dabbled in a variety of other sources.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace

Thanks, my name's not purple for no reason. I'd like to consider myself quite knowledgeable on the theory of game balance and design. xD

I've read the grand majority of Sirlin's work, and dabbled in a variety of other sources.
mmmmmm I'm going to throw the controversy card out there just to use this line

Just because your name is purple doesn't make you a good player

:roll: This face looks surprisingly hilarious.

Oh did you get Yomi btw?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol Dai.
Because being a good player is directly correlated being a smart person (and vice versa), right? Because that's what it sounds like you're insinuating, which is funny, because Raziek never once said anything concerning his aptitude at fighting games.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
dood no lie, I felt completely fine at the scene of the accident, but earlier tonight I've been kinda light headed with some back pain here and there. Weird as hell. Probably the adrenaline from this morning kept me going or something
Yeah, it was the adrenaline, among other factors. Are you ok now?

The Iron Giant? :D

I would get AH3, but I don't have any money. I might get the Engrish version if it ever gets released.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
mmmmmm I'm going to throw the controversy card out there just to use this line

Just because your name is purple doesn't make you a good player

:roll: This face looks surprisingly hilarious.

Oh did you get Yomi btw?
If by "get", you mean understood, then yes, I understand Yomi quite well.

Also, what Espy said. I never implied I was amazing, just knowledgeable. My tech skill is mediocre, but most other areas of play are pretty good, IMHO.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
lol Dai.
Because being a good player is directly correlated being a smart person (and vice versa), right? Because that's what it sounds like you're insinuating, which is funny, because Raziek never once said anything concerning his aptitude at fighting games.
`____________________________________-.

Well on a more serious note BB is at EVO.

And when I said Yomi, I meant the game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
When I think of Yomi, I think of the hot chick from Azumanga Daioh.

Dammit, Platinum can't come sooner. She'll probably be my last straw on this game.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I think the funniest thing about CS being at EVO is that it will most likely be CS2, meaning that in terms of BB, CS was just skipped over.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
CS2 was announced to be released in Spring 2011, and seeing as EVO 2011 is happening in Summer, I would say it is a pretty safe bet. I mean, it definately is possible that it doesn't come out in time for EVO, but that is unlikely, especially seeing as the portable versions are set for a late March release.

Top Bottom