• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Started a room on PSN, let me know if you guys are interested.

And yes, it will be one of those rare instances where you may play against my boyfriend at some point.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It was just myself and my brother for a while, then he signed off, and Werekill and Minato signed on.

It was just the three of us. And my boyfriend, the lurking Ragna.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Lythium and Werekill. I had to help set up dinner and stuff so I didn't have time to do more matches.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
GGs guys! I was doing decent, even though I'm really rusty. I still kept losing to Lythium's Ragna no matter how well I did, lol.

My stick was acting up for a while, for some reason. It would randomly drop quarter rolls and randomly act like I pressed all the buttons. >_<

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Depends on which moves you used on the ground and makes it easier to tech if you prorate your moves. Like using five jabs then combo. they can tech after the first 3 hits. of J.cx5

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The most I can ever get up to without landing is 4, I think. And isn't there a land somewhere in the middle of that?
That's for a different variation of Hazama's combo. One is a lower combo where you can land after j.Cxn and the other just involves double jumping and doing j.C again. The one PTZR posted doesn't involve Hazama landing.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I would but, I don't really plan on playing/learning Hazama to be honest. He's just not my style. Not like my Jin/Makoto secondaries seem to be.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I thought about playing Hazama when he was first mentioned for release, but I didn't like the way he moved at all.

Oh well, I guess I could start trolling people with Platinum or something. For the kicks.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Anyone know any good sites that sell sanwa parts for fight sticks?

I'm gonna pimp out my stick before that cs2 release cheaaa

ps: not lizardlick

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, Lizardlick was gonna be the first one I'd recommend.

Hmm...

I was gonna say try Modchipman, but it looks like their site is down right now.

SRK's Tech Talk? :awesome:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There's this site http://www.akihabarashop.jp/

Also, I was bored and ended up finishing Hazama's challenges. Last one was really fun to do.
I kinda want to finish all the challenges for each character now, but I don't know which one I should finish next.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Sorry for popping up randomly to correct a combo:

For the finisher after the 2 sets of jCx to perform the kick that sends the opponent to the ground it is 214B, this is used to tack on the extra...like 20 damage and not allow the opponent to recover in the air.

Also for basic Haz. : make use of all of hazama's stance attacks...each have their own purpose...I call them the smack, flash, and scoop...

214D > A =Fast overhead that if hitting a crouching opponent can allow 2A > 2B > 3C...depending on the range

214D > B=Normally called his flash kick, very fast, decent invinc., somewhat safe when blocked, and counter hit can allow 4D to different options from that (Note that the charged aka blue version has fatal counter properties),

214D > C=The low hitting BnB starter to 5C and his combos...don't get to used to that after CS2...

214D > D=Stance cancel, no real attack purpose except avoid commiting to an attack that might get you punished and to bait eager Dp users...like ragna the derpedge

This is some advice that a Jin mainer can offer in regard to hazama...though it would be smarter to try the haz. challenges to get the basic idea of his playstyle...then go to dustloop and watch some high level hazama play. Search "jourdal" on youtube to find a plethora of Blazblue matches from japan including BBCS2...

Oh and I'm an X-boxer that generally tries to do some online on fridays if rooms aren't flooded with litchis and 1 connection matches.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Which ones have you done so far?
I've completed Hazama, Tsubaki, Makoto, Jin, and Mu. I have one or two missing on Ragna's, Rachel, and Noel.

I might try doing Litchi's and Tager since I have no clue how their moves work, and they're my two least favorite matchups in the game.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
DE, I can add your tag to the first post, if you like. Just lemme know.

Minato, I'm so impressed. I hated challenge mode, so I literally have done nothing with it at all. I would do the unfinished ones first imo, just so they're done. You might as well finish Ragna's and Noel's, because they're probably easy-ish. And yeah, I agree with you there; learning about characters' moves and combos really helps you out in a matchup.

I made my boyfriend play Tager for a bit, so I could practice the matchup. He didn't like it. :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There's almost no way CS2 would be a separate game. I just can't see how it would make any sense. It's a balance patch with one new character and no other new content. (Except maybe Unlimited Wars? idfk) That's not worthy of a new game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sounds right to me.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason they're calling it "CS2" is because they needed to release new arcade machines for it.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Well, is it going to be a free patch? Lets face it, releasing another part of the story and a new character (unless it's just being halfassed) sounds pretty silly unless it's on a whole different disc.

inb4 $20 DLC that boots from the original CS disc. lol

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Theoretically, CS2 is free, but Platinum is not. And you're forgetting about the balancing and changes to system mechanics.

No one has really said anything official concerning cost.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I think for $15ish you'll get CS2 balancing, Platinum, arcade modes for the DLC characters, maybe a gallery/online feature improvement/more gallery etc.

For closer to $25 you get the above+Valk, Mu, and Makoto.

Not actually true or anything, just prediction.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I play challenge mode. It's too friggin' easy.
I've done everyone's except for the DLC characters.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Having to pay for a balance patch is like paying for a bug fix.
No?

Bug fixes are ERRORS.

Balance patches are additional development to IMPROVE a working, functional game.

Fixing a problem =/= improving something that isn't broken.

Top Bottom