• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House Results [10/22/11 - Ann Arbor, MI] 115 entrants!

unknown522

Some guy
I personally did not think you were one of the people holding things up, Unknown, if that's any consolation.

It's over and done with, next time we will find an even better way to run pools, they're always the hardest part of the tourney to finish efficiently.
I didn't think you were talking about me. But yeah, thanks for confirmation.

I'm not here to argue with you, I'm really not. We were all there playing from when it was announced until your match with PEEF. Due to the fact our pool was moving so slowly another pool decided to jump on our TV thinking we were done because no one was playing on them.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about it.
alright.

Let's talk about how Reneblade and I might do a *Not* Top Ten Plays segment. :awesome:

Candidates for #1?
- S2J's epic 2v1 blunder Game 2 vs Idea+Riddlebox (LOOOOOOOL)
- Kels's JV 5 stock on poor Eiodyne (we still need to figure out who recorded this!)
- Weon-X's suicide immediately after taunting vs ORLY (karma's a *****!)
I heard something amazing happened with Duck vs lovage

Violence

Smash Lord
Oh snap, almost forgot.

Jungle/Travis: Thanks so much for the ride to the airport. I mean what I said, your region has nothing but a ton of potential and a lot of heart.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It was on the setup directly between the TO's table and the door. So whoever had their recording stuff there should have the footage.
Ah, yes.

Whose recording setup was that? Pretty sure Drephen v Trail, KirbyKaze v Trail, and of course Kels's JV 5 stock were all played there. MUST SEE FOOTAGE

4% APR

Smash Champion
Sick tourney boys. I was super impressed by everyone i played.

Especially Weon and Idea. I thought i was good against puff and weon just destroyed me. And now I see he has an 09 join date......dammit, i gotta get good at this game

Sfat- best teams player in the US son, and i've thought that for a while ;) (next to X of course)

Luggageguy is the best TO ever, it must be hard to run this **** and be able to play well. Same goes for all his whole crew

PEEF-sick stream, I know i told you in person but i really mean it. This is the first smash stream ive seen where the quality was legit, keep getting those followers buddy, you got one more right here

King5280

Smash Journeyman
Amazing first tourney. Tons of fun playing in pools and friendlies. Pumped as **** to try to get better now. Great job to Juggle, Jungle, and all the other TOs for keeping order in the chaos.
Also shoutouts to:
Jungle: Helped me SO much with my game the last two weeks. We gotta keep playing a lot man
General Heinz: Mad late night smashfests and help with the falcon matchup.
Rat: ***** me in pools but I really appreciated the advice. Great samus man.
Radar: Good **** playing with you in pools and friendlies, thanks for the advice and hope to play again soon. I'll be much better next time haha.
Monk: Fun playing dubs even though we got rocked lol.
Gentleman's Club: Fun going with you guys and we'll play in the near future.
Peef:Dope-*** stream loved watching the matches I didn't see while there, keep it up.
Vanz- being my midwest hero and ****** **** with peach.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts worth giving

S2J - Best Falcon I've ever played
Lovage - " " Fox " "
Slayertokey - Real nice job in pools and beating vudujin in bracket and acting so modest about it. You are a great player and a great guy
Duck - Had to play you 1st round and go figure you played amazing that day.
Get Low - Nice peach, played a couple peaches in pools and one in bracket and you were the only one who did actual combos instead of just d-smash.
ORLY - I'm so ashamed of you stealing the SCSYN pot bonus that I don't think I will be able to ever acknowledge you again until you pay back every person you hungrily stole from.
Juggleguy - Juggledawg lives on....I really dropped the ball against the peach puff team, I shoulda gone falcon or luigi
Unknown - Nice talking to you, I saw you playing marth later on and it was good knowing there are canadians who dont just spam techskill with spacies
Gio - Simply amazing in every form of existence, keep doing whatever it is that you do
I'm probably forgetting some people cause I typed this in like 10 seconds but I gotta go

Also, still extremely befuddled why Caroll played Loavge in the hype match over me or Tokey, Don't know who decided how this happen but it was a mistake.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
The recording setup with epicness was mine. I'm uploading matches right now, and just finished getting through all the teams matches I got, including both losers quarters and losers semis.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
So uh... kinda bad news

The half-hour file containing Losers Finals and Grand Finals seems to be corrupted cause someone unplugged the device as we were packing up. So unless I fix it somehow there probably won't be high-quality versions of those two sets, and we might be stuck with the stream version of S2J vs VanZ and S2J vs Lovage. =\

Pretty sure everything else was successfully recorded to a high-quality version though.

Kels88

Smash Lord
Shout-outs!

The first and most important is to Juggle and the crew, without them there is no tournament. <3
To the people I played hacky sack with, much love.

PEEF: GG's
1der: GG's, fun MM as well.
Tafo: Be glad our MM was cancelled :troll:
Mundungu: Thanks for fitting me in and finding a way everything to work out
Duck: Fun housing, good **** in bracket

I kind of have a bone to pick with the players that purposely didnt play pools on time, off the top of my head Kels and Unknown but I'm sure others too. You realize your actions as a group caused 16 people to be cut from pools. I know it doesnt cut from your tournament experience, but I feel for those 16 people. You all knew we had a strict schedule. I had ALL MY MATCHES DONE BEFORE UNKNOWN PLAYED ANY. Like get on your ****ing ****.
I went around asking people where my pools were and as soon as i found it i sat there near my pool until all my matches were done. I don't know why you would even bother calling people out if you don't know what you're talking about.

4% APR

Smash Champion

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you played on the TV that was in the back left with the VCR next to it, the one with the Gamecube with KZHU written on it, were not recorded. The VCR was not set to record.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
shout outs
yuck - for a while now whenever ppl think of the midwest they r going to think of u and ur stupid samus.
rob - tournament was ****
slayertokey - best falcon in MI imo. u just need to stop being a little ***** and prove it. good ****
solo - pick up samus and downsmash ull win
vans - ur the only legit peach ive played. everyone else is janky
kels - u were supposed to win!!
vro - ggs
raynex - that fox was so crispy. i cant wait to try that trick out in game all my friends r going to hate me even more =)
taki - ggs u always **** me if im not on point
HIV+ - u should main marth cause falco is to hard to controll =)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Who was recording the TV towards the back left, on the table that kinda jutted out from the wall? I think 4% and I played there. Game 1 was Fox vs Falcon on BF, Game 2 was also Fox vs Falcon on BF, Game 3 was Sheik vs Falcon on YS. We played at around 4pm if I remember correctly. Really want to see that set.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
feel like I would have made bracket at this. sad I couldn't have gone.

good **** to Snuggleguy and co., I keep reading countless shoutouts to an amazingly well run tournament. keep it up. can't wait to see vids.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I personally did not think you were one of the people holding things up, Unknown, if that's any consolation.

It's over and done with, next time we will find an even better way to run pools, they're always the hardest part of the tourney to finish efficiently.

Let's talk about how Reneblade and I might do a *Not* Top Ten Plays segment. :awesome:

Candidates for #1?
- S2J's epic 2v1 blunder Game 2 vs Idea+Riddlebox (LOOOOOOOL)
- Kels's JV 5 stock on poor Eiodyne (we still need to figure out who recorded this!)
- Weon-X's suicide immediately after taunting vs ORLY (karma's a *****!)
Unknown's suicide while I was in the process of dying last stock game 1 of our set (which allowed me to come back and win the set eventually) seems almost impossible to beat as the biggest "not" top 10 moment of the tournament.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
LOL yeah I forgot about that.

I still think S2J's 2v1 blunder is the best Not Top Ten moment. Not only did he throw the game away for himself, he saved his opponent and killed his teammate all in the same process.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
LOL yeah I forgot about that.

I still think S2J's 2v1 blunder is the best Not Top Ten moment. Not only did he throw the game away for himself, he saved his opponent and killed his teammate all in the same process.
If you say so. It was just 1 match, and they won the set and tournament anyway. Unknown's blunder (or nana's rushdown?!) was certainly the most embarrassing moment of the tournament.

I look forward to all the videos though, and whenever the video thread comes up I will post my stream VODs, and you can use the crowd reactions/player cam for those moments that were on stream. Would be sweet!

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Revised Shoutout:

@ Vro I had a terrible memory and thought I took 2 stocks off your Falcon on Flatzone, and told everyone thusly. I just watched that set, and I very definitely only got one.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I have some matches from singles pools 8 and 16 as well as doubles bracket on my computer. I have probably 5.5 hours of footage between friendlies, pools, and doubles bracket. I don't know if any singles bracket was recorded on mine, but i don't think so.

Let me know what character/color you used and your opponent's (if you remember) and i'll try to find it for you. It was the Tv with the black gamecube and the silverish tv with a microphone and dell laptop next to it. It was right near the north entrance to your left (there was one setup in between mine and the entrance) when you walked in.

Top Bottom