• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House Results [10/22/11 - Ann Arbor, MI] 115 entrants!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
One of my favourite tournaments, ever. I'm glad I came out and got to chill with all you guys. Props to Juggle/Jungle and the whole 'Asian Doom Squad' for holding it down over the weekend. The tournament was a major success. Full shouts to come!

HugS™

Smash Lord
Watch out Hugo, you were being compared to Duck this afternoon by Johnny and Oscar on our way to the airport.
LoL I'm OK with it. I'd concern myself more with competition if I was actively competing still.

I hate saying it, but I'm essentially retired at this point. Since October of last year, I've competed only 3 times, once at Winter Gamefest in January, once at a random local, and at Genesis. If I haven't made some kind of formal retirement announcement, it's because I'm too scared to commit to such a thing because I love smash so much. But it is what it is for now.

That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what Duck did. Haven't heard of him up until this point.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
LoL I'm OK with it. I'd concern myself more with competition if I was actively competing still.

I hate saying it, but I'm essentially retired at this point. Since October of last year, I've competed only 3 times, once at Winter Gamefest in January, once at a random local, and at Genesis. If I haven't made some kind of formal retirement announcement, it's because I'm too scared to commit to such a thing because I love smash so much. But it is what it is for now.

That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what Duck did. Haven't heard of him up until this point.
That is a damn respectable post if I ever saw one.

So if I remember correctly, recorded sets of Duck are:

vs SFAT
vs Dart
vs Lovage
vs S2J

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good **** duck, clearly you've improved a lot, now we just need to fix your sheik problem.

Vanz- I'm so sorry we couldn't team, we woulda been in the top 3 for sure.

Hmmmm, I wonder how I would have done in singles. Still kicking myself for not going to what was obviously a very fun and successful tournament.

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, awesome tourney. Only my second one ever, but makes me want to go to more. Mad props TO staff <3

Shout-outs:

2: S2J- Mad fun to watch dude, also the hour long time out was way too good
4: KirbyKaze- Really glad I got to meet you, you are mad fun. Thanks for sprucing up our table with your presence.
7: Weon-X- Nice placement at the tourney, and thanks for bodying my marth in pools, I learned a lot from it
9: Tink- Good work in brackets, and thanks for destroying me in some friendlies, my marth needs to work on the matchup for sure
9: Trail- Mad good job dude, I thought you were going to have KK beat! Thanks for commentating with me during PEEF's match, it was fun
9: Dart- we need to play more next time I get out, just saying <3
13: Drephen- Watty song=way too good
13: SFAT- I had fun watching those random character matches. Mad fun to meet you, I will have to let you know if I evert make it back to norcal
13: ORLY- I want another random character re-do, I have absurdly bad luck apparently, also nice job almost losing to SFAT's kirby :D
17: Rat- Thanks for the good pool match, your samus is way too good
17: Tafokints- So many radar puns. Way too good, thanks for coming all the way out!
25: Little England- Nice work Jason, can't wait to catch you guys this weekend
25: TheLake- Mad fun talking with you, you are a funny guy! Keep them Peaches in the kitchen
33: Juggleguy-Unbelievable job running the tournament dude, it was clear how hard you worked for this
33: Frootloop- Thanks for bodying reneblade and I in teams. You were mad fun to talk to, I want to actually get some games in next time
33: PEEF- Nice stream work and such.
33: TheNumberJay- You need to win more
33: SilentSwag- Nice job in pools dude, but just a heads up, you are free next time :D
49: Carroll- Thanks for being the brave one and eating those oreos, they were way too good.
49: Reneblade- Thanks for teaming and overall being awesome. Lets do it again sometime
49: Lanceinthepants- Get em' next time, keep up the practice and see you this weekend
65: Love-Thanks for the mad friendlies dude! Your marth worked me over, can't wait to put some of the stuff I learned from you into practice
65: Roller- Thanks for the awesome housing! and keep up the practice, I fully expect to get destroyed next time we get to play :D
81: JavierBrolina- Keep up the good work dude, you are really good for how short you have been playing
81: D@zyKiNg- Keep working on that peach dude, I think you are gonna be really good here soon, come find me and beat me next tournament!
96: Oddish- Fun teams and pools matches, keep up the good work! You are gonna kill it here soon
112: Knapp- Thanks for all the friendlies! Keep sticking with melee, its way better :) I hope I could teach you a thing or two.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Oh and nice results thread too, with characters and everything, juggleguy.

Get Low

Smash Ace
This tournament was on my birthday. :D Best 19th birthday present ever, and favorite tournament that I've been to so far.

Shoutouts:

Vanz: It was a pleasure to finally get to play you, and I had a lot of fun hanging out with you and Matt the night before the tourney. Hope you win the next one. :)
Flip: Thanks again for driving us to the tourney instead of going to play DDR, lol. You played well, but foxes are simply the death of us all. :(
Dempt: Get ***** at McDonald's, lolol. And one day, I'll get so good at this game that you'll be begging to team with me. ;)
Skyson: I cried when I got home, haha. I think I subconsciously sandbag against low tiers, because there is no other way a Shiek can get three-stocked by a Bowser. Xb It was nice chillin' with you though. In the backseat of a car. Next to each other. Knees touching. "FUUUUUUUUUCK HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM". xD
Knapp: I enjoyed teaming with you even though we sucked it up, haha. I enjoyed our friendlies as well. You're very good for how new you are to Melee. Keep it up! :)
Xan GGs in pools. Your Peach is very solid. Peach dittos are just a competition to see who can Dair > Nair the other Peach the most times, lol.
Carroll: I was looking forward to our pools set when I found out we were in the same pool, and I enjoyed it. You're quite good with Fox for just recently switching to him as your main. You're better off banning FoD against Peaches though, because most Peach players won't take a Fox to Dreamland out of fear of getting platform camped.
Hindawg: You made my day when you told me that I was the best Peach you had played so far at the tourney. :) You're Falco is pretty legit too, I must say.
SlayerTokey: I can tell you know how to **** Peaches with Falcon, haha. And 17th place is definitely not too bad.
Lovage: I have never been shined off the edge more times in my life than in my set with you, haha. And that edgehog at the end of our second watch was rediculous, even if it was an accident. Good **** winning the tournament.
Gio: GGs in pools. Lol, jk. I wish you wouldn't have gotten DQ'd.
Roki: You're the first person I've ever successfully edgeguarded with a golf club. Quit life, lol. GGs in friendlies.
R0H: It was nice seeing you again. And you know that us Peach players make the best teammates, haha.
ORLY: Thanks for inviting me to your table at Wendy's, lol. You seem like a really nice guy, and your pools set against Vanz was very entertaining.
Vudujin: You are a beast at the piano, lol.

Shoutouts to the the Puff players that knocked Kels out of bracket, to Juggleguy for hosting this amazing tournament, to all the peeps reppin' Ohio, and to anyone else I played in friendlies, talked to, or ate Wendy's with.

<3

weon - X

Smash Ace
Singles (115 entrants)
2: S2J ($324) :falconmelee: i think ur one of my favorite people to play against :) and im kind of a picky *******, your over all aggro playstyle is really impressive, definetely my favorite falcon from now on :).
4: KirbyKaze ($162) :sheikmelee: good stuff overcoming your kryptonite :) you're a ****ing amazing player i really look up to you, well that goes for the triforce of gta, but yeah wisdom is defintely your strong point and i want it :(
5: Unknown522 ($81) :foxmelee: ****in beast, you really really wanted to win that so bad. next time you got this :)
5: Duck ($81) :samusmelee: oh man you are really good, thats all i gotta say and yeah when i say marth i dont mean a pocket marth <3 .
7: RaynEX ($40) :foxmelee: good **** we got the same place :) you coulda done better, i belong at 7th place, well at least we got our revenge hahahah.
9: Tink :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: we played at sweet IV in bracket and u beat me, i wanted to play u more but we barely had 1 friendly hopefully next time we can have ourselves a MM.
9: Trail :icsmelee: i dunno why i never played u at the inn or at the tourney, i definitively missed out on some good experience, you seem like a cool guy too by what i saw at the inn, i didnt talk much there cus i was really tired, i stayed up cus i wanted to play real badly lol, next time man.
9: Dart :marthmelee: our set was pretty cool, u might have beaten my fox but that doesn't mean you bested me as a player completely, i have a falco and i know how to use it ;), no more second chances next time tho, if u miss u lose.
9: Idea :jigglypuffmelee: hahaha good **** beating kelly, AGAIN :) i heard u styled on some really good players :) keep it up and hatch that falco.
13: Drephen :sheikmelee: we had good friendlies, ur fun to play against dunno if u even know who i am lol, i dont think i said my name or even id u looked at my tag but yeah GG's anyways
13: SFAT :foxmelee: i wanted to play you :( next time. you kinda remind me of dark from chile lol appearance wise.
13: ORLY :falconmelee: our set was cool :) the taunts were funny and i deserved to get boo'ed after that uthrow usmash that was the lamest **** ever hahaha GG's zero :)
17: Rat :samusmelee: i was really nervous and afraid of u to be honest, i thought i was gonna get beat real bad but some how i won, i couldn't tell if you were at the top of your game or not cus i've never played u before but if u want a rematch i'll definitely go for it.
17: Velynn :jigglypuffmelee: thanks for all the good remarks on my fox jiggs match up :D i didnt know i was that effective as you claim. you're really good too and you we're adapting by the end of our friendlies so GG's man .
17: Shaeden :falcomelee: i really wanted to play u, alot of people from ur region respect u alot and say how the world doesn't know about you and that u choke alot etc, i used to be in that same spot, it goes away if u keep going to tournaments. have faith man.
17: 4% APR :foxmelee: our set was fun, i'll go all fox next time, my hand were a bit tired and i wasnt feeling confident at all with fox, but it turned out to be a good idea lol. GG's
25: Kels :foxmelee: another person i missed out on playing, i wanted to get revenge for sweet IV :( but i guess next time
25: Little England :falcomelee: dajuan :) ur falco is gay. i hate it hahaha i cant do it with fox :( keep the gayness going.
25: TheLake :zeldamelee: ur one of the mos charismatic smashers i've met, u got good ideas for video games :) you did really good in this tournament :) 2-0 everybody except for 1 person? thats sick <3
25: Riddlebox :peachmelee: good **** ****** ur pool and thanks for driving us man, u really took it in the *** for the team :D.
25: Flip :sheikmelee: good matches, sheik is actually one of my better match ups, i play KK all the time. cya next tourney.
33: Juggleguy :falconmelee: good **** organizing, seriously, the amount of commitment, you're a natural leader. we really need to play tho seriously next time for sure.
33: Windrose :falconmelee: good **** making it to bracket. i hope u had fun at the tourney, we talked about u while we were eating at dennys we think u got what it takes :) it would be so sick to have a pro canadian falcon, i insist the potential is there, and i can help u whenever u want man :).
33: PEEF :icsmelee: :) excellent job with the stream and getting melee out there to be viewed by so many people, kk had a lot of good things to say about you. by the end of the tournament i was so tired, i would have gone to your table when u invited us over but i woulda been in zombie mode to be honest. anyways we neeeeeeeed to play next time :)
33: TheNumberJay :jigglypuffmelee: i was actually curious about you, if u had beaten flip we woulda had to face. anyways i hope i can play u next time, i dont even know what u look like lol.
33: SilentSwag :sheikmelee: johnny :) good **** beating my falco on that second match of ours, i got wrecked i cant even lie, you're pretty good, keep finiding things to work on and i think u could make it.
49: Carroll : you're one of those people where i really cant see anything bad about, seriously you are chill as ****, excellent host and know how to cheer up the environment, a real good addition to the scene, see ya next tourney :).
49: Voorhese :foxmelee: good matches in the inn, the voorhese combo was the best thing ever, so creative and stylish. good ****.
49: Lanceinthepants :foxmelee: you're pretty funny, made me laugh at the inn allot, good games also :).
65: Soul :falcomelee: :mariomelee: i hope all the advice i gave u came in handy n thanks for all the warm up practice, u definitely use ur brain when u think, good move selection just remember all those things i told u about that were pretty much the backbone on playing falco.

one of my favorite tournaments :) GG's all

Lovage

Smash Hero
amazing weekend

thanks for everyone who supported me and the west coast when we took a gamble and bought plane tickets to a region that was totally unknown us

huge thanks to the people all over the MW driving 3,5 and 10 hours to play melee and continuing to support the greatest game ever made.

i'm gonna take some time to organize my thoughts and get around to real shoutouts, but for now:

juggleguy: u are the fuukin man, thank you for everything and congratulations on an amazingly organized tournament

hugo: really happy to have made Wc proud :)

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
So much win.

Eiodyne (That poor Ness that got JV 5'd by Kels) says it was like hitting puberty all over again. He has no shame. XD

Shoutouts to Duck for being a ****ing Beast.
Also to RaynEx for the tips and vote of confidence in our pools match.
Also to Vro for Roy vs Falcon on Flatzone. Best Pools match ever.
Also to Juggleguy et al for being an incredible TO Staff.
Also to all the old skool MI players I haven't seen in forever.<3

GGz all around. :3

Oh yeah, also GGz to the girl who asked me to sing her happy birthday for her friends sweet 16 that I chose instead to sing Kiss From a Rose to in front of South U Pizza.

Violence

Smash Lord
I just got home.

Combined, this trip took a little under 600 dollars in expenses, and 34 hours in travel time.

It was worth every second, and every penny.

Juggleguy, and the entire TO squad, this was the best one day tournament I've ever been to.

You guys worked tirelessly, moving everything along in an orderly fashion, made sure things finished on time, weren't shy about getting in peoples' faces and resetting setups, and just all around did all the right things. A tournament needs a good staff, and this is one of the best I've ever seen.

Midwest, you guys may have a reputation of not having the best players, but you guys definitely have the most heart. Massive attendance, massive stream views, and overall just a great attitude and vibe in general. You guys ****.

PEEF, good to meet you, that stream was of epic proportions, and I will definitely watch the recap.

And now I have to eat my words.

I said many times that there would not be a Samus in the top ten, and as a Samus main, I personally did not think there was a Samus attending this tournament who was capable of such things. I referred to Samus vs Johnny as an impossible matchup, and I didn't think anyone would take games against Oscar and Zac(much less win a set). I was clearly wrong.

Duck, your Samus is insane. Your spacing is insane. Your reads are insane. Your edgeguarding is insane. It is an amalgam of solid fundamentals taken to a high level. Please do yourself, the Midwest, and the rest of the community a favor and attend Apex. More people have to see your Samus.

Shoutouts:

1: Oscar: There was a time when I thought your play style was all flash and no substance. In addition to being an awesome guy to hang out and play with, I have to say that your Fox is the exact opposite, and every single one of your ridiculously technical plays has its purpose. Thanks for the games and the advice, you ****.
2: S2Johnny: You looked exhausted all day. Didn't get to talk much with you, but it was awesome playing with you. I don't ever really know what to do against you. Always fun to watch you play, I'll see you at some other event.
3: VanZ: We all witnessed the second best Peach in the world at this tournament. Pretty amazing play all around. Hope to see you at Apex.
4: KirbyKaze: Finally got to meet you, next time we see each other, let's play some friendlies.
5: Unknown522: Canadaaa, **** yeah. You guys are all impressive, Blowtoes wasn't exaggerating.
5: Duck: See above.
7: RaynEX: Jeez, your Fox is like a madman. Definitely entertaining. Nice meeting you guys.
7: Weon-X: good game in pools, I'll definitely do better next time.
13: Drephen: Seeing you again after so many years was quite a blast. Your Sheik is **** as usual.
13: SFAT: Zac, you will do better in the future, don't let this one tournament get you down. It's always awesome to see you and play with you. When I come back in December, I definitely want to play you again.
13: ORLY: Impressive Falcon.
17: Rat: I will learn much from your videos. Both you and Duck have fundamentals that are leaps and bounds better than mine. I will go back to basics.
17: Tafokints: Yes, WC Locals are harder to get into bracket than most regionals due to the fact that while there are less players, there is higher average skill level, and that raises the threshold for making it into bracket. I doubt that I would make it into bracket if I came home tomorrow and entered a tournament. That doesn't change the fact, I think I have gotten better, and a lot of it is from playing you and Zac and Oscar and Johnny, and the rest of it is from watching and playing with the Midwest. This region's good players definitely emphasize fundamentals, which is great to learn from.
25: Kels: Better luck next time. You are very talented and I hope to see more from you.
25: Little England: Duuuude, your Falco is raaaaaape.
25: Riddlebox: good games, man. Let's play again some time.
33: Juggleguy: See above. Also, your Falcon is quite good. All you need is to erase your fear and hesitation, and I think your skill will spike.
33: Taki: good games.
33: Violence: Oh my god I made bracket yay for scrub Samus!
49: alcheato: Dude, you snore like nothing I've ever heard before. I had to put on earphones to get to sleep, that was some epic level snoring. Nice playing friendlies and meeting you though.
49: Reneblade: good to finally meet you.
49: Gibby: WITCHES DON'T EXIST
49: Mundungu: Finally got to meet you, wish we could've played friendlies. Force gibby to get a job!
96: Monk: Keep working at that Samus, you have one of the best examples to follow in your region. Let's play sometime.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Kels, some of your expressions and phrases are likely going to become memes in EC Canada now (if they haven't already). Because you're adorable and we love you.

<3

We are also willing to show you how to **** Jigglies. ;)
The adorablest!

Happy for WC. Followed the stream most of the day, was super impressed by everyone. Shoutout to Duck / Moose for being Asian.

WeonX - I was screaming during the first few seconds of your set vs orly. You have some moments of genius. You got a new fanboy, hope to play you one day.

jbro

Smash Ace
Shoutouts while I have a minute:

Pittsburgh crew (as always). I know we didn't all fare too well results-wise, but you guys are the ****ing greatest. If I'm gonna be terrible at smash, at least I get to watch all you awesome and hilarious fools play after I get knocked out.

Everyone that came to Buffalo Wild Wings at 1 AM and pissed off everyone that worked there.
Beyond worth it.

The dudes I played hacky sack with who thought I was in second pool wave with them.
"You up soon? What pool are you in?"
"Oh.. no. I already went 0-5. I'm out."

Some people I played:
Tedium/Knapp: Whatever they're calling you. Our friendlies were off the chain.
Roki: Awesome match. Still wish I would have pulled out my Sheik earlier. Good times at Wild Wings.
KirbyKaze: I felt ****ty after you annihilated me in pools, but you're a bro, so we're all good now.
Radar: Appreciate the good words, my man. Really fun playing you in friendlies. Would definitely like to play you again if we end up meeting up at a future tournament.

People I didn't play but would like to give props to:
Juggleguy: Unbelievable tournament. So much fun. Thank you.
Duck: Dat combo. Sickest Samus I've ever seen.
Drephen: We didn't really meet, but when I started playing my Sheik, I was told by multiple people that I have a similar playstyle to you. So these are pre-emptive props in hoping I can get up to your level at some point.
Gio: Appreciate you letting us stay at your place. Fun stuff. Candy corn for breakfast. yooooOOOOOoooo

I think that's about it for now.
Thank you, everyone, for an unreal weekend.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I ****ing hate Jigglypuff!!!!!!
With that said
Good **** to Idea and Vellyn. apparently i have some puff issues i need to sort out.
WC and Canada are too good. After playing you all i see i have much room for improvement. lol i probably really needed this loss.
Thanks to: everyone who came out and made this an amazing tournament.
Juggleguy for hosting and running this huge tourney and making sure it all went smooth.
Peef for streaming this too the world and getting smashed more recognition.

lol after this i'm either practicing until i get as good as WC or i'm probably done with this game. But i will be at Apex so i'll see you all there.

@Kage. lol i got puffed. maybe you should teach me ganon
Your going to get wrecked by vinodh if you come out to imbd3, :awesome:

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Shout-outs!

The first and most important is to Juggle and the crew, without them there is no tournament. <3
To the people I played hacky sack with, much love.

PEEF: GG's
1der: GG's, fun MM as well.
Tafo: Be glad our MM was cancelled :troll:
Mundungu: Thanks for fitting me in and finding a way everything to work out
Duck: Fun housing, good **** in bracket

I kind of have a bone to pick with the players that purposely didnt play pools on time, off the top of my head Kels and Unknown but I'm sure others too. You realize your actions as a group caused 16 people to be cut from pools. I know it doesnt cut from your tournament experience, but I feel for those 16 people. You all knew we had a strict schedule. I had ALL MY MATCHES DONE BEFORE UNKNOWN PLAYED ANY. Like get on your ****ing ****.

Kail

Smash Lord
4: KirbyKaze ($162) :sheikmelee: Great meeting and talking with you. Really enjoyed hearing about your Kage stomping
5: Unknown522 ($81) :foxmelee: Close matches in teams makes me consider maining fox.
5: Duck ($81) :samusmelee: See below...
7: RaynEX ($40) :foxmelee: Nice to finally meet and play you. Every match I saw of yours was so intense
9: Tink :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: Since when can you play Shiek that well?
9: Trail :icsmelee: YOU *** YOU LEFT BEFORE OUR REMATCH
9: Dart :marthmelee: I let you down D:
13: Moose :falcomelee: You choked hard against Lovage. Stop choking and win more.
13: ORLY :falconmelee: You made Shaeden quit..
17: Rat :samusmelee: Next time I'll make sure I have a dollar or two so I can safely take your money.
17: Velynn :jigglypuffmelee: Beat Kels? Best MW?
17: SlayerTokey :falconmelee: :marthmelee: Should send me a list of anime so I can watch.
17: Shaeden :falcomelee: You won't see this but move here for a week. We be best npnp
17: 4% APR :foxmelee: I've never played you and I always regret it.
17: X :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: I raged hard D:
25: Little England :falcomelee: You ***** me hard in teams, good ****.
25: TheLake :zeldamelee: Why don't you go places? Go places more.
33: Shady :marthmelee: :falcomelee: Play Falcon.
33: SCOTU :foxmelee: You'll be back... They always come back.
33: Kail :troll: You suck.
49: Carroll Aww yeah Pokemon Stickers.
65: 3Chairz You say some of the cutest things.
65: Soul Nicest guy ever. <3
65: Aceplayer We never play :(
65: Jungle We never play :(
81: Skyson Great meeting and talking to you!
81: BLiu Play more and beat me with Ganon so I can switch mains.
96: Gio (DQ'd) Beardly goodness

Thanks to Canada and West Coast for coming out.
Thanks for all the friendlies etc etc.

Duck, you do not know the pleasure I will find in playing you at a future tournament. That said good **** all and all.

jbro

Smash Ace
I kind of have a bone to pick with the players that purposely didnt play pools on time, off the top of my head Kels and Unknown but I'm sure others too. You realize your actions as a group caused 16 people to be cut from pools. I know it doesnt cut from your tournament experience, but I feel for those 16 people. You all knew we had a strict schedule. I had ALL MY MATCHES DONE BEFORE UNKNOWN PLAYED ANY. Like get on your ****ing ****.
I won't point any fingers because I don't know who the offenders were and I'm not trying to get myself involved, but this was disappointing. I know a couple of the Pittsburgh dudes seeded 4th in their pools and ended up getting knocked out. Especially Carroll who got on his ****ing game and tried to round up everyone to play in the second wave so he could keep playing (knowing that if it took too long it would only be the top 3).

Like I said, I'm not going to blame anyone, I was floating around during the second wave doing my own thing because I was already done. But who I absolutely know deserves no blame are the TO's, they definitely made the right decision in only taking the top 3 with the time constraints they had. Just wish I could have seen my friends play some more meaningful matches (and it hurts more knowing that it could have happened).

HugS™

Smash Lord
That is a damn respectable post if I ever saw one.

So if I remember correctly, recorded sets of Duck are:

vs SFAT
vs Dart
vs Lovage
vs S2J
That's funny, because if you're EVER going to be tested as a Samus player, it's gonna be against Lovage and Johnny.

Like, he should know exactly how good he is as a player after playing those two, and not just knowing if he's able to trick and confuse people on the matchup. Oscar and Johnny know their s*** better than anyone after Mango.

Violence

Smash Lord
That's funny, because if you're EVER going to be tested as a Samus player, it's gonna be against Lovage and Johnny.

Like, he should know exactly how good he is as a player after playing those two, and not just knowing if he's able to trick and confuse people on the matchup. Oscar and Johnny know their s*** better than anyone after Mango.
Exactly. I remember talking to Johnny and Oscar about it the day before, they both know the matchup excruciatingly well, and I've never seen Johnny have any trouble with wrecking Samuses, especially not recently.

What I saw wasn't gimmicks or confusion, it was simply amazing spacing and reads.

And the Fsmash you could hear from outside the building.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Shout-outs!

The first and most important is to Juggle and the crew, without them there is no tournament. <3
To the people I played hacky sack with, much love.

PEEF: GG's
1der: GG's, fun MM as well.
Tafo: Be glad our MM was cancelled :troll:
Mundungu: Thanks for fitting me in and finding a way everything to work out
Duck: Fun housing, good **** in bracket

Calm down. From what I remember he had spent a lot of his time trying to FIND his pool. He walked in from food while they called out the pools, and he couldn't find you guys at all nor get information on who's pool he was in. Also you did not have all your matches done before he started, cause I sat next to you and him as you both played at the same time.

Otherwise I had fun guys, really enjoyed driving out and playing you. American players are so fun to play lol (it might be just cause it's refreshing). Always that level up feeling when I leave =).

Shoutouts once classes clam down.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Calm down. From what I remember he had spent a lot of his time trying to FIND his pool. He walked in from food while they called out the pools, and he couldn't find you guys at all nor get information on who's pool he was in. Also you did not have all your matches done before he started, cause I sat next to you and him as you both played at the same time.

Otherwise I had fun guys, really enjoyed driving out and playing you. American players are so fun to play lol (it might be just cause it's refreshing). Always that level up feeling when I leave =).

I'm pretty sure PEEF was his first or second pools match. I had all of mine done before they played. Also dont give me these food johns, he could have gotten food at the end of doubles, during first wave, or after second wave. We were the last pool to start, had 3 TVs, and were right by the door. It really isnt that hard to work around the tournament schedule.

I'm not just blaming him, others did it too. He was just the most specific example. If other people want to john for him go ahead, but there is no excuse you can reasonably come up with short of some sort of emergency. Which this wasn't.

Violence

Smash Lord
I don't think Kels was holding up my pool at all. By the time I was done with my matches, he was lining up to finish his last pools match as well.

I was done 15 minutes before the cutoff, had time to go down to get Taco Bell, came back at the cutoff time and my entire pool was done, including Kels. I dunno who was responsible, but I had a few friends who got ganked because of the stragglers.

I share your opinion, but I don't think there's a need to point fingers, what's done is done. Only thing we can do is to get it right next time.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I won't point any fingers either, but The Good Doctor is 100% correct about some people moving way too slow through their pool, essentially guaranteeing that we'd only have time for a 48-player bracket. Jungle and I were the first to notice it... pretty sure the offenders know who they are, and they should realize now that we do as well. This is why I don't announce ahead of time how many people make it into bracket, it leads to a potential manipulation of time.

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
To be honest with you guys the TO staff was planning a 48 man bracket with the time frame given anyway.

It is some kind of misconception that the 64 man bracket was anything more than a best case scenario that would be a nice treat for people.

Just gotta place higher in pools :)

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
As someone who got cut off as a 4 seed, I think it should have just been top 3 anyway. We were scrambling to finish the 48-man bracket anyway. It wasn't anyones' fault, and the TO staff made a clutch decision. We all just have to be on our stuff next time <3

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The 48-player bracket was the default option if we finished pools on schedule (by 7pm). After I saw that we actually had a chance to finish pools EARLY, the 64-player bracket became a possibility. We easily, easily could have finished pools by 6:15pm if some people hadn't slowed down the process seemingly intentionally. Instead, we finished at around 6:45pm and it became clear we wouldn't be able to do a 64-player bracket in five hours.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Violence - I really wish I could've played you. Thanks for the tips about Samus / Peach teams. lol.

Vudujin - I couldn't find you and / or your art stuff, so I couldn't get an art piece from you. :(

Jungle - Thanks for the few hours we played before the tournament. It really helped me. I saw the recorded matches we did before the tourney and I improved a lot. :D

Carroll - I wish I had time to buy a sticker from you, lol.

Oro - So much fun playing you. Thanks for the tips with falcon. Your mewtwo is hilarious lol.

Zwarm - Good job telling me to bring those Higurashi books and not reading them. Melee > Higurashi, I suppose.

Juggleguy - This tournament was the most fun I've ever had playing melee. Really well ran too. Too bad the tourney didnt finish on time and had people get kicked out by that janitor person.

jbro

Smash Ace
Juggleguy - This tournament was the most fun I've ever had playing melee. Really well ran too. Too bad the tourney didnt finish on time and had people get kicked out by that janitor person.
How awkward that was. I realize we needed to leave but dude could have just asked Juggle to tell us to leave instead of angrily standing in the doorway huffing and puffing for ten minutes then shutting the lights off.

unknown522

Some guy
where the **** do you come off? I tried to find my pools for a half hour, cuz I missed it being called out due to using the bathroom.

it was the bathroom, not food. I went to get food with Bernard as soon as the first wave started and came back long before those pools ended. But yeah, thanks for covering for me.

I'm pretty sure PEEF was his first or second pools match. I had all of mine done before they played. Also dont give me these food johns, he could have gotten food at the end of doubles, during first wave, or after second wave. We were the last pool to start, had 3 TVs, and were right by the door. It really isnt that hard to work around the tournament schedule.

I'm not just blaming him, others did it too. He was just the most specific example. If other people want to john for him go ahead, but there is no excuse you can reasonably come up with short of some sort of emergency. Which this wasn't.
ok:

1. peef was my 3rd of 4th match.
2. I did go for food once the first wave started with Raynex. Right after we won WFs in doubles
3. I did look around a check for quite a long time trying to find my pool. I declined a bunch of friendlies trying to find my pool.
4. I asked one of the T.Os where my pool was, and they pointed near the door. When I initially went to ask if it was our pool, then some other pool was playing on one of the TVs that was for our pool, so of course they said it was for their pool.
5. After my set with peef, there were still 3 or so opponents that I had to play, but they were all playing each other, so I still had to wait for them to finish before getting to play them.
6. Don't say **** until you get your facts straight. And ****ing exaggerating as well. I did not do it on purpose, and I don't think I am at fault for having to use the bathroom. You should be polite and show some ****ing respect, or addressed it in person so that I could've told you what was up. On top of that, others and I wouldn't have to waste their time on this ****.

I'm ****ing annoyed now

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
The 48-player bracket was the default option if we finished pools on schedule (by 7pm). After I saw that we actually had a chance to finish pools EARLY, the 64-player bracket became a possibility. We easily, easily could have finished pools by 6:15pm if some people hadn't slowed down the process seemingly intentionally. Instead, we finished at around 6:45pm and it became clear we wouldn't be able to do a 64-player bracket in five hours.
I've never heard of this kind of pool system before, but I really like it. Juggleguy and co. continue to impress. I respect that you gave the tournament schedule priority, and created a cut-off point so things could continue moving smoothly.

The transition from doubles -> singles pools -> brackets was so buttery :). It was efficient, and event staff didn't have to run around being killjoys to get matches played. Things progressed and it looked REALLY well organized, at least from my perspective. <3

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I personally did not think you were one of the people holding things up, Unknown, if that's any consolation.

It's over and done with, next time we will find an even better way to run pools, they're always the hardest part of the tourney to finish efficiently.

Let's talk about how Reneblade and I might do a *Not* Top Ten Plays segment. :awesome:

Candidates for #1?
- S2J's epic 2v1 blunder Game 2 vs Idea+Riddlebox (LOOOOOOOL)
- Kels's JV 5 stock on poor Eiodyne (we still need to figure out who recorded this!)
- Weon-X's suicide immediately after taunting vs ORLY (karma's a *****!)

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
where the **** do you come off? I tried to find my pools for a half hour, cuz I missed it being called out due to using the bathroom.

it was the bathroom, not food. I went to get food with Bernard as soon as the first wave started and came back long before those pools ended. But yeah, thanks for covering for me.

ok:

1. peef was my 3rd of 4th match.
2. I did go for food once the first wave started with Raynex. Right after we won WFs in doubles
3. I did look around a check for quite a long time trying to find my pool. I declined a bunch of friendlies trying to find my pool.
4. I asked one of the T.Os where my pool was, and they pointed near the door. When I initially went to ask if it was our pool, then some other pool was playing on one of the TVs that was for our pool, so of course they said it was for their pool.
5. After my set with peef, there were still 3 or so opponents that I had to play, but they were all playing each other, so I still had to wait for them to finish before getting to play them.
6. Don't say **** until you get your facts straight. And ****ing exaggerating as well. I did not do it on purpose, and I don't think I am at fault for having to use the bathroom. You should be polite and show some ****ing respect, or addressed it in person so that I could've told you what was up. On top of that, others and I wouldn't have to waste their time on this ****.

I'm ****ing annoyed now
I'm not here to argue with you, I'm really not. We were all there playing from when it was announced until your match with PEEF. Due to the fact our pool was moving so slowly another pool decided to jump on our TV thinking we were done because no one was playing on them.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about it.

Top Bottom