• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House Results [10/22/11 - Ann Arbor, MI] 115 entrants!

Violence

Smash Lord
Just an idea, when you guys do the top 10 plays, stuff, if you can put in a bit of the crowd reaction, I think it really hypes up the video.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
This tournament was very well run and a lot of fun, therefore I have decided to extend my final smashboards post to 4001 and give some shoutouts to a couple *****s.

1: Lovage: I can live with this loss (as opposed to me choking away my 3 stock lead over u at pound), I gave it my all but you are clearly the better player at this point. Good **** taking home the whole thing!
4: KirbyKaze: Same as above, I played about as well as I could, your peach pulled out a narrow victory and it was well deserved. Good stuff getting 4th, if i had beaten you i'd of done the same thing, I liked our bracket :).
5: Unknown522: You are a cool dude, good friendlies at the hotel, now you know why i say that falco is my *****.
5: Duck: I fear we will never play eachother, but make no mistake I'd pummel you for free.
7: RaynEX: Good friendlies at the hotel, your fox and falco gave me some good matches!
7: Weon-X: Nice meeting you, good **** in bracket.
9: Tink : How you gonna let me get the same placing as you, I don't even play this ****ing game :p.
9: Trail: Good **** brah
9: Dart: Good seeing you and spanking dat *** in teams (id of done the same in singles). Good luck with the remainder of your smash career and life :p.

13: Drephen: You are my ****ing boy yo, I'm gonna miss kickin it with you. Say hello to the rest of the cok for me, im gonna miss all you ****ers ;(. Don't you ever throw ****ing water at me again you ginger ****

Soap: Same as above ^ Good **** hittin up the bars with you boys, w/e you need someone to get your back just blow into the Midwest Conch and drew and I will appear. Midwest, best in the business p.s. we got ****s like jesus.

13: Moose: i prob would of 2-3 stocked you, mostly because you play falco
13: ORLY: you will forever be at least 1 spot lower than me in any midwest ranking system. you are a cool cat tho, keep up the gamez.

17: Rat: give me a call sometime, we will chill.
17: Velynn: Nice spanking that ***, climbers > puff so hard.

17: SlayerTokey: your falcon just looked confused as to what to do vs the climbers, you are pretty damn good.

17: Shaeden: good to see a vet out there
17: 4% APR: bring back the dreds

25: Kels: nice choke job. give me a call sometime, we will chill.
25: TheLake: good close games, if you get the matchup down better u will be 2 and 3 stocking me like cosmo. that matchup is a legit counterpick... those kicks hurt nana :(.

25: Vro: THE ZONE, good seeing you again shortround
25: Riddlebox: good close games, your peach was ****ing me up

33: Shady: wtf... i didn't even see you at this ****, u should of came up to me and said whats up... ur a *****

33: Juggleguy: hell of a job hosting my man, one of the best run tournies i've been at.
33: SCOTU: good to see and play you again. it had been awhile.
33: Kail: haha id of 4 stocked you so hard if u tried those ganon dittos again
33: HIV+: played some friendlies with you... you kinda beat my ganon's *** pretty hard.
33: PEEF: nice job with the stream and beating unknown. i told you its all a mindset, stop thinking you dont stand a chance, there are few dominant players these days. sorry i couldn't win some of my close games, id of repped the ic in the top 5 if a few reads/gambles had gone my way.

33: TheNumberJay: You are the hardest puff I have ever faced. You are great at that matchup, both games were super tight. If we every played again in a set, I feel like you would pull out the victory.

33: The Good Doctor: funny dude, good to see you again.
49: alcheato: same, ill hit u up in chicago soonish.
49: Radar: best marth in hte midwest soon, you are my favorite player.
49: Reneblade: good seein you, funny as ussual.

49: Lain: brawl has to be one of the goofiest ****ing games ever to exist, quit playing that garbage
49: Mundungu: Good seein you again bro
49: Apples: sup
49: Darkwing Duck:sup
65: Aceplayer: ggs in pools, a couple more games and you'd of had me figured out.
81: General Heinz: ggs bro, ur pretty good

Final last words to my main homies this trip:

Cunning: please do me a favor, train hard and enter Apex for singles. you are a special player and it would be ashame if you don't try to prove yourself in singles one final time. Honestly, you are the best player in the Midwest right now and it's ******** that you don't enter singles. So do me a favor and play in one more tournament before this whole thing is over.

Lance: cool as hell man, thx for picking me up. I enjoyed the car ride due to your quirky purdue humor.

Little Jason of England (the black cunning): you are really ****ing good at this game, start getting the mindset that you can beat anyone and you will do better in tournies. you are good enough to play with anyone son. SQUEEZE IT *****

Vorheese: haha you have grown up since ive last seen you. you are one of the funniest mother ****ers I have met in my smash career and your heart/determination is unmatched. get ****ing vorheesed you.

Drew and Soap: I love you guys, the bars were humerous. When we traded in 178 tickets for a 200 ticket laffy taffy, i knew it had been a good night. MIDWEST BEST IN DA BUSINESS PS WE GOT ****S LIKE JESUS

At post 4001 I am signing off da boards for good. If I forgot to mention you post about it and ill edit you into this monumental post :p. MIDWEST, it was fun playing within your confines. I thoroughly enjoyed being under constant underdog status when playing OOR competition, made the game mad epic and fun to play. Midwest has and always will have the coolest/chillist mother ****ers the smash scene has ever known. MIdwest for #1 personalities and for having the largest ****ing coks in the world.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Gio is more free, he lost to my Ganon. ;)

:yeahboi:

Also, this tournament was amazing. One of the most fun I've ever been to. It really put me in my place, I actually need to take this game more seriously before entering singles again, most of my pool trolled me because I was so bad.

Short shoutouts
Juggleguy - The best TO I've ever had at a tournament. Everything ran smoothly, the venue was great, and you kept on top of everything. Definitely looking forward to the next tournament you host.
Oro - Thanks for driving man, you're a trooper. Play better in tournament, it makes me sad to see you do bad.
Jungle - Thanks for teaming with me. It was so fun, and we actually won games! :3c Static OoS partners! Also good **** keeping this tourney running smooth, you guys did an amazing job.
Adam/Alex - Nice actually talking to you guys. Also Melee > sitting in a corner reading manga... even if it is Higurashi.
Teczero/Sion - Way to not show up! Jerks. :3
Diego - <3 Missed you on the way home.
Eric - Stop johning so much. lmao.
Dart - Fun car ride. Stop calling me the Brawl kid. :[
Chris - Nice talking to you on the car ride home, even though I was barely awake.
People in my pool - GG's, sorry I'm so terrible.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just popping in to say good **** to Rob for setting up such a big event and getting nothing but positive feedback. :)

Scythe

Smash Master
Great tourney Rob, GGs to who i played pools and ggs to those i played in bracket, except for that ONE match >_>

Seriously though way too much fun.

ORLY

Smash Master
i know the three recorders to the right of the TO desk were mundungu's, lanceinthepants', and bert's with a normal set-up between lance's and bert's.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
s2j lovage save each other on the left side of FD against some team (unknown/raynex?) using falcon's up B

that should be in the top 10

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I dunno, that seems pretty weak compared to what I can already think of off the top of my head:

s2j's triple knee of justice vs raynex
s2j's double uair double stomp nair weak knee strong knee vs drephen
s2j's uair dash attack knee vs kirbykaze
lovage's quadruple shine vs vanz
kirbykaze's combo of destruction vs unknown
raynex's combo of destruction vs little england
duck's platform dair fully charged fsmash vs lovage

this Top Ten Plays edition is gonna be insane

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I played my set vs. Tink on the same setup I played Trail, and where Trail played Drephen. So, hopefully, it was recorded.

:)
It must not have gotten recorded unfortunately. I know there was a big gap between Duck vs Weon-X and Drephen vs Trail, and recording must have been stopped / restarted on those matches. I looked through all the footage I have.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Awwww, alright.

I just wanted to see my combos :p

I did some really good combos that set if I remember it correctly.

But it's all good if it wasn't recorded. It happens.

:)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That's cause we entered you guys in twice, LMAO

CKit + England ended up getting a double bye because of that blunder

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Shoutouts to the staff of the tournament. Jungle, Juggleguy, that guy who wrote my name tag (lol), all the pools captains, and anyone else I'm sure I'm forgetting. Thanks for an amazing Melee tournament!

1: Lovage: <333 Good **** Oscarrr! Way to bring it home for WC! Great seeing you again homie.
2: S2J ($324): You definitely got more **** since I've been gone. How the hell are you so consistent? lol I'll getcha when I go home.
3: VanZ ($243): I reeeeally wanted to play you, but I had just as much fun watching you play. You have the most entertaining Peach ever. :D
4: KirbyKaze ($162): Hey man, thanks for the tips at the hotel. Nice to finally meet you and very fun talking to you! You know so much about this game its incredible.
5: Unknown522 ($81): Nice to meet you. We should've played though. >_<
5: Duck ($81): You definitely turned some heads at this tournament! haha Great stuff man! I'll play you next time.
7: RaynEX ($40): You're the hoooomie! <33 Thanks for the tips man! Hilarious times in the hotel too. haha ****in Voorhese
7: Weon-X ($40): You're heeeeella good! I expect top placings from you in the future! Hopefull I'll be right there with you. :bee: GGs in the hotel. Fun times.
9: Tink : Good stuff Wayne! Definitely had S2J on blast. (Sorry WC, I can say that part of me wanted Tink to whoop dat ***.)
9: Trail: 4001 hilarious posts. I know what I'll be doing every so often in my leisure. haha! Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'll make my ***** Roy proud. :cool:
9: Dart: That forward B combo was hilarious. XD
9: Idea: wtf! haha (Should've played you. =/)
13: Drephen: Should've played you too! You're hilarious though. Trail had some funny stories involving pumpkins and swastikas. XD
13: SFAT: My boyyy Zach <3 Hope you come down to SoCal when I'm home, or maybe I'll go up there. Either way we're hanging out! :bee: Also, you heeeella had that comeback! Had Oscar and me going bonkers with those charged upsmashes. looool
13: Moose: Hardcore chokesies against Tink. :( Don't worry bro. The rise of the Falcos is coming. Kelly won't stand a chance!
13: ORLY: Good stuff this tourney! Impressive vids for sure.
17: Rat: We should've chilled more.
17: Velynn: good **** with wayne. You guys definitely had some surprisingly good team chemistry.
17: SlayerTokey: You should've stepped up to the plate after Hellsing. ;]
17: Kalamazhu: raaaape (you know what I'm talkin about haha)
17: Shaeden: GGs man. I was reeeeally salty, but **** happens in tournament and I gotta except that. You came out on top and thats that. Sorry if I seemed angry or something lol. I was just a bit disappointed. =/
17: 4% APR: Sooooo close. ERRRRRRR :mad: lol
17: X: GGs in teams!
17: Tafokints: Nice to see you man. You spam ur puns to no end. XD
25: Kels: We ****ed up.
25: Little England: You ****ed up.
25: TheLake: Dat Zeeeeelda. MW was definitely prepared man. If there is one MU we do know better than the coasts its this one.
25: Scythe: Nice shirt. lol
25: Vro: <3
25: Riddlebox: Nice to meet you. Grind that KK training man.
25: Oro?!: You and Dart are a silly team.
33: Shady: Like Trail said, I did noooot see you. lol
33: Vudujin: You got extra Crisco on that Luigi. Slip n slidin all over the place :psycho:
33: Juggleguy: Amazing tournament! You're easily one of the best TOs in the country. If MW ever hosted a Major like the FCs or something, I'd definitely support you in running it. GGs in pools too. Falcon gets scary. 0_o
33: Frootloop: We should've played. I hear so much about your Falco. Perhaps at SCSYN3? :o
33: Kail: GGs in teams dude.
33: HIV+: GGs in pools!
33: PEEF: Good stuff! Very successful stream dude.
33: 1der: GGs man. You're a pretty smart player! Keep pushin that Fox of yours.
33: Hindawg: Sup. lol
33: TheNumberJay: I heard you gave Trail a scare! Impressive! You're definitely the main talent of IU. (crew battle? :p)
33: Violence: Nice to see you man! Thanks for all the compliments! Really means a lot to me that people like the Falco. :)
Soul: Keep playing man! I'd recommend you play your tournament matches like you would play in friendlies. You seem to play with much more freedom in friendlies. Bring that boldness to tournament matches as well!

Anthony: We're a sick team. We should practice teams and team again. Given the circumstances I feel we did decent, but definitely could've done much better (which is exciting). I'm going to request hella friendlies with you...like even more than before...and I mean like A LOT of friendlies. lol This tournament got my wheels turnin, and my fists-0-burnin! I'm gunna **** SCSYN3!
Voorhese: Seemed like this was really a growing experience for you. Though I love you auto-pilot crazy ****in voorhese mode, I'm excited to see what your new and improved Fox will look like. All that tech skill applied to good decisions will leave your opponents confused and mindlessly pushing buttons!
Lance: Me and you my *****. We're gunna do it together. Me and you. :D

Dart!

Smash Master
I personally did not think you were one of the people holding things up, Unknown, if that's any consolation.

It's over and done with, next time we will find an even better way to run pools, they're always the hardest part of the tourney to finish efficiently.

Let's talk about how Reneblade and I might do a *Not* Top Ten Plays segment. :awesome:

Candidates for #1?
- S2J's epic 2v1 blunder Game 2 vs Idea+Riddlebox (LOOOOOOOL)
- Kels's JV 5 stock on poor Eiodyne (we still need to figure out who recorded this!)
- Weon-X's suicide immediately after taunting vs ORLY (karma's a *****!)
my derpfest at the end of game 3!

WassupJB

Smash Lord
*looked at the bracket* there should be some pretty good matches recorded besides losers/winners semis, winners/losers finals and grand finals.

who should i subscribed to if i'm not already subscribed.

PEEF!

Smash Hero

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
shoutouts for a amazingWOW! stream
shoutouts for an amazingWOW! tournament
shoutouts for an amazingWOW! tourney experience despite not being there with fellow canadians since the stream was just so amazing and deserves another shoutout lol

shoutouts to the canadians for being such a great representative =D
shoutouts to kirbykaze's super informative and fun commentary!
shoutouts to lovage and his WOW! commentary on fox matches lol

shoutouts for axe for overwhelming his fake twin on the stream lol and keeping hype up xD

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Shoutouts:
(Short and sweet edition cause im on my phone)

Shoutouts to smoking a joint in broad daylight sitting on a planter as people walked by.

Dart - my lover <3

Oscar - no way did you guys dissapoint! I <3 most of socal like you guys are my own brothers. You know you and johnny are my favorite team! I wish i could be at every tournry you guys are at! I hope you continue to do this well at all tournaments you go to!

Johnny - youre so ridiculously impressive live. At times it looks like youre actually inside ur opponents head and making their decisions for them. You Oscar and Mango make me want to move to socal. Go **** school as hard as u ***** this tournament.

KirbyKaze - i love you like a brother as well. You dart oscar johnny and mango are my 5 favorite people on the whole ****ing planet. Proud of you for beating unknown <3. Thanks for sitting with us @ BBW! Youre the cutest sheik player in the worlddddd!

I wish ^ u 5 and i could live in a big *** house together and just play melee whenever the **** we wanted.

Tink - #1 midwest homie? Probably. Im glad we play/talk/smoke at every tourney. It makes the experience that much better man.

Vro - i am soooooooo glad ur back man, i missed you! Chicago is just filled with great people and players.

Orly - the worst part of the tournament was how little we interacted. Lets never interact so little ever again.

Trail - please dont leave :(....please? The MW will be down onr of its biggest homies if you leave... We will all be signifcantly less if you leave....dont gooooooooo ;(

LAIN!!!! - <3<3<3!!!!! <3! We need to get together at every tourney like me and tink do!!!

Violence - sorry we never side bet, we missed an opportunity on dart vs weon, but **** happens. Glad to finally meet you! Still shocked youre asian :)

Tafo - thanks for the compliments man! You really do look like a pikachu player from the MW, youd have an open invitation to the theoretical smash house i wish
was real!

Unknown - youre like a ****in teddy bear man! I wish i wouldve formally introduced myself a long time ago :(((((

Raynex - youre so impressive even out of melee shape, i hope this tournament sparks ur melee drive again.

Juggleguy - best tournament ive ever been to? Quite possibly. Greattt ****ing job.

Roller - thanks for housing us, keep practicing them ICs.

My pool - everyone i beat has serious potential, all of you can probably be better than me if you keep it up. Those of you who beat me are *******s. :) nah but seriously ggs to everyone but tink, **** that guy. Nahhhhhh i ****in love you tink.

:phone:

Rat

Smash Lord
Shout-outs:

Singles (115 entrants)
1: Lovage ($648) :foxmelee: - Didn't really talk to. You seem cool though. Gj for winning.
2: S2J ($324) :falconmelee: - I was impressed by your execution.
4: KirbyKaze ($162) :sheikmelee: - ggs
5: Duck ($81) :samusmelee: - Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamooooooooooooooooose.
7: Raynex ($40) :foxmelee: - gj, you seem awesome.
7: Weon-X ($40) :foxmelee: - ggs
9: Tink :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: - Step it up wayne
9: Trail :icsmelee: - You will be missed. We will hang.
9: Dart :marthmelee: - I feel like the practice i gave you hurt your chances against duck. Good **** at this though.
9: Idea :jigglypuffmelee: - Messed kelly up. good ****.
13: Drephen :sheikmelee: - ggs sir. Cool and strange guy.
13: SFAT :foxmelee: - ggs. Awesome friendlies. Come to Chicago and hang out.
13: Moose :falcomelee: - I got rolled. Revenge MM at sakurai.
13: ORLY :falconmelee: - Yep
17: Velynn :jigglypuffmelee: - We should hang out more, as you are full of win. Come to Sakurai.
17: 4% APR :foxmelee: - ggs in teams. I want to play you.
17: X :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: - see above.
17: Tafokints :sheikmelee: - You didn't give me a shout-out =(. Awesome friendlies. Your shiek could be faster.
25: Kels :foxmelee: - get rolled. We should practice more.
25: Little England :falcomelee: - So are you MW or West Coast? MM me about it at Sakurai, and we can chill some there.
25: TheLake :zeldamelee: - Awesome dude. Full of hilarity and win. Next tournament we are both at, I request at least 30 friendlies.
25: Scythe :falcomelee: - Scythe > Pillow.
25: Vro :falconmelee: - Get wrecked. Stop being such a scrub Cary.
25: Oro?! :falconmelee: - I gave you the business. No revenge money match because it will be free.
25: Flip :sheikmelee: - Did we play in pools? If so, nice shiek.
33: Shady :marthmelee: :falcomelee: - That Falco, It was better than expected.
33: Juggleguy :falconmelee: - Good ****ing **** rob.

Top 5 TOs:
1 - Juggleguy
5 - The Kishes

Prepare to get rolled in two weeks by chicago.

33: Taki :foxmelee: - We should have played. =(
33: SCOTU :foxmelee: - You rock. Get better at this game.
33: Frootloop :falcomelee: - You need more experience. I suggest going to purdue and playing cunning like 1000 times. Cool guy.
33: Kail :ganonmelee: - Play Falco or Young link. And We need to play some more.
33: HIV+ :falcomelee: - Blanket will be returned. ggs.
33: PEEF :icsmelee: - Stream boss.
33: 1der :foxmelee: - ggs. Miss that mario. Wanted to see how it stacked up.
33: Hindawg :falcomelee: - Eric, keep going to tournaments because I seriously think you will be awesome at this game.
33: Violence :samusmelee: - ggs. Samus 4 lyfe
33: The Good Doctor :sheikmelee: - yep
49: alcheato - Your driving scared the **** out of me. I left my controller in your car. If you have it in your possesion please bring it to the next smashing grounds.
49: Reneblade - Is full of win and beards. Also don't hate samus. We can be friends.
49: Voorhese - Is Awesome. Make it out of pools next time.
49: Lain - Are you playing melee for seriouslies or for ****s? Step it up.
49: Lanceinthepants - Please come to sakurai as you are awesome to hang with. Stop losing.
49: Mundungu - MUNDUNGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
49: Darkwing Duck - awesome seeing you dippin. We need to play some more. Come to sakurai.
65: Soul - You rock. Don't play falcon.
65: Jungle - Awesome jorb.

Damn there were alot of entrants. Everyone else, GGs.

Come to Sakurai 4!

Chicago will ruin your day.

jbro

Smash Ace
Just watched the recording of Peef's stream of the only match I had recorded at the tourney that I'm aware of (me/Carroll vs. Blackpacman/Soul) and I'm actually surprised, I didn't play that badly at all. No idea how we got so dominated. A lot of name hate though, thanks, whoever was commentating. -.-

Top Bottom