• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
We SHOULD really start counting PAL placings in this list. Not that it would change anything lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Uhh, we helped a european get here first didn't we? We did this knowing he would win major money too. It just turns out he's so awesome he offered to pay it all back.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
It just turns out he's so awesome he offered to pay it all back.
Except he can't since Plank has poor money managing skills and won't pay back the Pound 5 winners for their prize money. You probably seen this already in the results thread though. In case anyone hasn't already heard, the winners from Pound 5 will not be receiving any prize money at all. :(

EDIT: See results thread for more details on this situation.

Armada

Smash Lord
Like metalreflectslime said i can´t pay anyone back =(.

I have already booked my tickets to Genesis so my money situation atm is not good atm (barrowed money from a friend to book my tickets).

Quic

Smash Journeyman
I think we should include Plank in the top 3 or something now, I know individual tournaments shouldn't be all important and stuff, but Plank totally ***** the best players in the world.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
best falcon depends on MU

hax is best vs sheik/marth
mango is best vs falco, ICs, and idk
falcon dittos prolly s2j and mango, maybe darkrain
vs fox maybe darkrain
ss maybe best vs peach? idk except when he lost to that WA peach that one time *shrug*

that's what i think anyway
Tope ***** Hax just as hard as Darkrain...no wait I think harder actually haha.

Only thing about Hax being better vs Sheik is doing better vs you in those friendlies(beating you) which I don't understand if Tope can **** Hax like he did and all.

and lol cactuar is def the best.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)

Only thing about Hax being better vs Sheik is doing better vs you in those friendlies(beating you) which I don't understand if Tope can **** Hax like he did and all.

im better vs falcon than tope is, and i think hax would beat tope the majority of the games. tope is alright at the MU cuz he's good at tech chasing but he doesn't know it as well as me. Don't base off of those friendlies I don't think I was even playing good in them, I say since this I've played Hax a lot at smashfests like 10+ straight games of sheik vs falcon. When he's not warmed up, I am able to 4 stock him a lot, but when he is fully warmed up, we go about 50/50.

cactuar is the best player vs falcon overall imo (mainly with fox)

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Hax also beat Amsah, no johns.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cactuar is a monster.

i heard he got a new job that will allow him to play more.

i'm pretty excited. i love cactuar vids. they're so clean.

KaptenKagg

Smash Rookie
Does europe play pal at all their tourneys?
no, there is a law that when one becomes a smasher, one must throw away the gc's and melees we bought as new and import gc's and melees from the us for massive amounts of € so that the fragile minds of flopmericans wont get confused.
This or Europe should stop going to the US.
maybe you fatass cowards should start coming here.
maybe youre scared the food will be to healthy and get a psychosis over the fact that we dont eat snickers and coca cola for breakfest. either that or, even you people might be reasonable to realize, that without the massive advantage of not suffering from jetlag, adapting to a new envoiroment, and the crowds hype over your pathetic 2 hit team combos behind you will have no chance of winning.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
no, there is a law that when one becomes a smasher, one must throw away the gc's and melees we bought as new and import gc's and melees from the us for massive amounts of € so that the fragile minds of flopmericans wont get confused.

maybe you fatass cowards should start coming here.
maybe youre scared the food will be to healthy and get a psychosis over the fact that we dont eat snickers and coca cola for breakfest. either that or, even you people might be reasonable to realize, that without the massive advantage of not suffering from jetlag, adapting to a new envoiroment, and the crowds hype over your 2 hit team combos you will have no chance of winning.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Plank. The biggest pot winner of all time, no contest, no contest. This guy really knew how to play to win this game(money) right. I think he should be placed to the Legends section of this topic. He even got away from it, just saying he had to pay the rent with the money he got, without any proofs. And guess what? Everybody bought it. What a legend man, what a legend. I mean, when you look at it at a neutral standing viewpoint, you have to appreciate that kinda achievement, it was genius way to end a career, kinda.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Plank. The biggest pot winner of all time, no contest, no contest. This guy really knew how to play to win this game(money) right. I think he should be placed to the Legends section of this topic. He even got away from it, just saying he had to pay the rent with the money he got, without any proofs. And guess what? Everybody bought it. What a legend man, what a legend. I mean, when you look at it at a neutral standing viewpoint, you have to appreciate that kinda achievement, it was genius way to end a career, kinda.
Considering he's been completely honest for 4 Nationals and CEO and got screwed over himself into debt by Manny, the guy who destroyed GAMME, I find it INCREDIBLY hard to believe that he pocketed the money.

Yes, there are wicked people in this world, but Plank is not one of them. Sure, there's the money one can make off of the tournament, but the guy isn't grimy like that. He's never taken money before, and I've been in contact with him on Facebook.

We ran some events together, and he's in a financial slump right now. According to him he lost $1,000 of his own money after giving up all of the prize money as well, because the costs incurred of the Hotel were that big.

He took a risk because he loves the community. The worst part is that the community won't able to forgive him.

I join PP now in saying that there's nothing that can be done, and we should just move on. Plank is still a a friend to me.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
You are too trusting I have seen this situation tons of times.

Todd from winterfest promised me (and all of us) that he would pay the money. We never saw a cent, he still owes me over 1.5k (among owing others a lot too).

John from ActiveGamers promised me 250 a month every month after ActiveGamers, and lowered the pot for first down from 1.5k to 1k like a week or two before the tourney happened after I bought my plane ticket. the several month contract i signed along with the lowered pot is around 2k he still owes me and refuses to pay.

The guys from SNES said they would pay everyone back and set up donation tourneys. I don't remember that ever happening, me and ADHD are both owed over 1,000 from that

and this

(don't even want to mention mlg dallas....)

I am sure there has been much more than that, this is just recent stuff that I have experienced

trusting people is the last thing you should do in this world. I have learned the hard way, being a trusting person most of my entire life because I didn't realize how things REALLY worked. This is a world where if you are an evil, selfish person then you can get by the easiest. I have learned that the only reason people would not be like that is if they believe in a god. Since I am not full atheist that is the only reason I have not become like that already, but I already accept and understand that if no god exists then no punishment great enough will ever occur to make up for other people's selfish actions. This is the sad truth of mankind. If not for the money, I would have left this community months ago. Things aren't how they used to be at all.

Edit - If you take a risk it doesn't mean others should have to suffer for things not working out the way you wanted - otherwise you aren't taking too much of a risk at all - you are taking a safe route to safe profit (low risk to high reward on average). You do not see the truth of things because your own life is good enough for you not to care much

DJRome

Smash Hero
how was it a risk hbox? he made a conscious decision to steal from everyone. he took it without consent, without consultation with the community.

u guys only give up because u can do nothing. that is not grounds for forgiveness. i can understand wanting to move on, but it seems poor to let someone steal from everyone and get away with it.

we are not really even discussing him pocketing the money. the fact that he misused prize money for his own debts is a theft alone. for the record, im never going to pay a tournament fee or entry fee ever again. ill just give it directly to the winner

edit:agree with m2k wholly

hungrybox

Smash Legend
how was it a risk hbox? he made a conscious decision to steal from everyone. he took it without consent, without consultation with the community.

u guys only give up because u can do nothing. that is not grounds for forgiveness. i can understand wanting to move on, but it seems poor to let someone steal from everyone and get away with it.

we are not really even discussing him pocketing the money. the fact that he misused prize money for his own debts is a theft alone. for the record, im never going to pay a tournament fee or entry fee ever again. ill just give it directly to the winner

edit:agree with m2k wholly
Still. nothing can be done.

there's no justice possible.

weird

DJRome

Smash Hero
that's how society works, right?

when you do something bad, it sticks out. think about the "good" people in jail serving life terms for 1 mistake. can you imagine, your whole life being about the worst thing you ever did? we don't have such extremes in smash but what plank did is the equivalent of mass murder

Mew2King

King of the Mews
You guys would understand reality if you experienced it first hand more often. Being an onlooker from one instance your mindset would be a lot different. If the hungry starving kid worked hard to get food to live, and he was denied food for a month because the other person never paid him or ate all his food, that hungry starving kid would feel cheated (as he logically should) and would make his life MUCH harder than it deserves to be, and he should not feel forgiveness when the other person did an act of selfishness (depends if he is lying or not, but the point is the person that got what they wanted did an act of selfishness where the other people suffer to varying degrees. That is not right at all). It is right to feel angry in those situations. The rich kid who already has everything he wants losing that same amount of food had the same thing happen to him, but he didn't care as much because it barely affected him. An onlooker of the events that have happened also didn't care much because it didn't affect them at all.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Jason I sympathize with you but I don't think that this is the most appropriate way to go about fixing the issue.

You should work with TOs to help them set up better/safer tournaments and work with the MBR/BBR/smash community to get on the same page that things need to be done to keep people like you from being ripped off. Just saying how bad it is in different threads is already too late. Take preventative measures! I'd be fine with helping see to such things coming to pass.

DJRome

Smash Hero
m2k, morally, both poor and rich should be outraged. the fact that the richer kid has a naturally easier time forgetting isn't his fault either. i find it hard to place any blame on anyone but the thief

Top Bottom