• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
DrPP it is funny because I used to be EXACTLY like you once. But I have thought about it for a very, very long time, and being the first hand victim to every single tournament that does this, and having it affect my life (and in contrast my mother's life) is very frustrating. I have seen the same thing happen over and over, liars or selfish people get there ways, everyone being out for themselves, no such thing as honor existing. My dream was to live like a pro gamer and win the biggest events and live off the prize money but I see that can't happen. It is not so easy for me to think the way you do anymore. That was my former self. I truely loved the game and the community for a very long time, until recently. I don't know if I can ever look at it the same as I used to again

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha its funny because I think of myself as the newer you in other ways as well.

At least the community is responsive to your problem this time if not any other and decided to donate to you though. =) That's all I can say for now until measures are taken to prevent this in the future.

Armada

Smash Lord
"I want justice to happen at least once"

That sounds like me =).

"I truely loved the game and the community for a very long time"
People makes bad decission and I understand you are upset/angry and need the money (the situation is a bit like that for me too so I understand)

But the community is big and include a lot of people.
People how haven´t payed you is few people if you count everyone in the community.
Maybe you don´t like a lot more of people than i know just sounded a bit dramatic

stelzig

Smash Lord
" I have learned that the only reason people would not be like that is if they believe in a god."

Eh, afaik europe is far less religious than the US. Yet, as mentioned, this "****" hasn't happen over here. I understand your frustration, but people don't have to believe in a god to be good people.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Armada this is the 4th TO that did this to me :/ (not even gonna talk about Dallas)

it's hard to think the same when this same thing happens over and over and you see and experience it firsthand. I'm scared of most TOs and most tournaments now. This happened 4 times in the past 16 months

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Armada this is the 4th TO that did this to me :/ (not even gonna talk about Dallas)

it's hard to think the same when this same thing happens over and over and you see and experience it firsthand. I'm scared of most TOs and most tournaments now. This happened 4 times in the past 16 months
its kinda crazy cuz it was one of the reasons u told me on aim u weren't entering melee unless somebody pays for u lol. oops!

u said u always get screwed and some **** happens.

genesis 2 tho...dbr knows how to party lol.

so just curious, are u planning on taking legal action or u just gonna let it go?

Mizar

Smash Ace
I think I understand both PP and M2K's perspectives.
Justice is one thing I always wanted to believe in, everything should eventually balance out.
The thing is, it doesn't and its really frustrating. Judging from the walls of text it looks like M2K experienced it more often than PP. Its great though that PP's mindset is still like this, and everyone's should be. But you can't blame M2K for being mad about it, it is more than justified that he is.

Armada is in somewhat the same setting as PP, he's taking it very good and props to him.
Though I don't know if I should call optimistic or stupidity, but I'm leaning towards the former.

Armada

Smash Lord
Im takeing it so good cause

1 I feel a bit sorry for Plank (even if it was a huge misstake and that he´s responsibility)
2 i can´t do anything against it

But i feel worse than my words shows.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Preach on M2K, I'm with you all the way.

PP, I'm gonna steal your winnings at the next NC tourney! I know we'll be able to chill later :)

LOL jk man, I hope everything works out somehow.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You trust people too easily. I was the exact same as both of you until I learned how the world really is. I hope to be proved wrong.
It's not the world that's bad, it's only certain people. Just like it was said earlier, we also need to be more responsible and make sure everything goes well when dealing with $. Once you are aware of everything you need to know then there's no way we can be cheated ever again. I mean if you aren't fully aware then some people can too easily exploit your kindness and simply run off. Staying in the past / actually using your past experiences to identify who you are is completely wrong.. you have to constantly look ahead and see what you can do better or what you want to become. I've also been cheated a few times earlier in my life but that's not a good enough reason for me to become a rotten person all of a sudden you know?

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
yea i just heard thats ****ed up

thank god i did not come cause of what he did to me last pound

like i said in the other thread **** did not change and im glad i did not come to 1 of his ****ty tourneys and will never go to 1

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
yea i just heard thats ****ed up

thank god i did not come cause of what he did to me last pound

like i said in the other thread **** did not change and im glad i did not come to 1 of his ****ty tourneys and will never go to 1
details? may as well tell it all if you're going to say this much

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Shut up m2k. You never stop *****ing. Ever. Whether its a character, or money, or why the community sucks.

Some people are bad, not all. You don't have to believe in God to be a good person, wtf? If you believe that then you're pretty ignorant.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edit: Frustrated because I try hard to look up to you. and you make it hard for anyone to root for you or feel bad for you.

PP for best. Mango won't try ever again, no reason too and he doesn't care.
Pound 5 results suffice for me for now. PP > Armada. The crowd may affect it but we are forced to neglect it. and PP's quick adaptation and constant improvement rivals or surpasses Armada's. Falco's higher peak level/metagame should in theory allow his improvement to continue, while Armada will only get stalled by the limitations of his character and fall behind....hence young link.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Shut up m2k. You never stop *****ing. Ever. Whether its a character, or money, or why the community sucks.

Some people are bad, not all. You don't have to believe in God to be a good person, wtf? If you believe that then you're pretty ignorant.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edit: Frustrated because I try hard to look up to you. and you make it hard for anyone to root for you or feel bad for you.

PP for best. Mango won't try ever again, no reason too and he doesn't care.
Pound 5 results suffice for me for now. PP > Armada. The crowd may affect it but we are forced to neglect it. and PP's quick adaptation and constant improvement rivals or surpasses Armada's. Falco's higher peak level/metagame should in theory allow his improvement to continue, while Armada will only get stalled by the limitations of his character and fall behind....hence young link.
Rofl don't be ridiculous, using a character that enabled him to beat one of the best players in the world is called strategy and thus forcing the opponent to adapt to that in the future. All I see right now is a constant spiral of improvement, no one is falling behind. Some people has to use certain characters to unlock their greatest potential, hence why I have to use Ganon to perform very well in tournaments... if I would use anyone else then I would fall behind for sure.

Mizar

Smash Ace
You trust people too easily. I was the exact same as both of you until I learned how the world really is. I hope to be proved wrong.
Most likely you will never be proven wrong. Unless the people that can start to outnumber the people that won't. And I don't see that happening.

@Armada
Its is good to see you keep up the spirit, hopefully you will stay that way.
But I'm afraid in the end we almost all end up like M2K. (ok that might sound more dramatic than it is but you get my point :p)
Too bad I never get to play you except ZEST4 pools lol. The Amsah gang always seems to claim you at all tournament friendlies :p

Anyway, good **** man.

Edit*

@Tr3mor you probably can't relate to a similar situation, which is why you don't understand. Its not that your vision is wrong, experience is just a way that will almost certainly change that perspective.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Geez it's crazy reading all these posts...

Personally, even though Plank made a huge mistake, I still sympathize for him and I still see him as a good person.

He ran all of his previous tournaments very well, and when he made this big mistake, at least he had the courage to make a detailed post explaining what happened. I'm willing to bet that a large majority of people in his situation would've just disappeared without saying anything.

On top of everything, he's a really nice guy, and I know he didn't mean any harm. Unfortunately, he DID cause harm to us. So I definitely understand why everyone is upset, especially the top players. He messed up really bad, but I think it's just the fact that I know he didn't mean any harm or do any of this on purpose that makes me forgiving.

Anyways.... to stay on the topic of the thread, I'm very curious if Mango is still #1 or not. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at Gen2.

Velox

Smash Ace
Anyways.... to stay on the topic of the thread, I'm very curious if Mango is still #1 or not. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at Gen2.
If a Pikachu gets top 5 for the third time in a row at the biggest tournaments I'm going to declare said player a foul beast (an upgrade from "wtf he's a beast").

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
PP, can you give us your definition of #1?

If you say #1 because he has the potential to beat everybody more convincingly than you do, that isn't being fair to yourself

it's like how people said isai was still the best falcon for a long time when players like darkrain and SS clearly surpassed him...

what i mean is retiring when you're ahead, or claiming that you don't simply care about the game anymore, and "letting" other people beat you isn't really fair to those who are trying to gain the #1 spot

IMO we should all just give PP the #1 spot cus he clearly deserves it... he's hardworking and he even takes the time to post helpful insightful stuff on the boards for newbs like me!

PP is good for the community lol

rhan

Smash Hero
I believe PP is the best. Mainly because he's able to adapt so well and control any situation he's in. Also another reason I believe so.. who the hell can go to two nationals and makes TWO loser bracket comebacks against TWO of the greatest players in Grandfinals in a ONE year time frame.

If that's not greatness then I have no idea what is.

Edit: Now that I think about it.. what was the time frame between Apex and Pound V?

Top Bottom