• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
FYI I haven't said anything about Amsah but you can keep rambling if you want. :)
im not rambling or whatever that means. you just fail to come up with proper arguments and instead your trying to cover this up by downplaying my own. and you probably dont have any smash knowledge, your post counter just proves that.

if you actually decide to response to my question then do so because im always open for new opinions. but otherwise dont spam in here.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
ok i couldnt keep track of the discussion here because i also have a real life and dont watch this all day.

but what i noticed from skipping through the pages is that a lot of people overestimate and at the same time underestimate amsah as a player. the first major reason why he can never be a top 2 candidate is because of his mindset. not only that he just relies on mindgames rather than standard situations that would work guaranteed, he also treats his opponents too lightly. first of all mindgames can fail. and if he decides to mindgame an edgeguard instead of covering all options he would be more succesful. then about his opoonents: amsah always claims how good his opponents are not even analysing what he did wrong. if he went through his matches and notices that he missed an l cancel then this could be a reason for making a mistake that leads to a death which could be a reason for losing a match. and not because his opponents were too good. but instead amsah seems to doesnt care about winning and always falls in love with the playstyle of his opponents and even hungrybox.

thats why i cant see amsah winning pound.

then i heard the name armada quiet often in this thread. i want you to realise that armada is the potential candidate for spot 1, there is no one who is so consistent in playing like he is. (not taking into account his sickness at pound and the overheat at apex)
err...lol
i asked amsah about mindset and how he got so good @ smash and pretty much everything he said is the exact opposite of what you claim about him.
for example he highlighted the importance of being you own critic, and gave examples of how hes used this to improve his game.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
err...lol
i asked amsah about mindset and how he got so good @ smash and pretty much everything he said is the exact opposite of what you claim about him.
for example he highlighted the importance of being you own critic, and gave examples of how hes used this to improve his game.
i didnt know that but if thats so i respect that. it just doesnt make sense that amsah wasnt able to defeat lucky. he also had a hard time against ice and hes only barely able to defend his second spot in europe whereas armada doesnt lose a single game.

but in contrary, amsah says that about his own so its biased and subjective to a certain extend so we have no clue if its really the case.

Super

Smash Apprentice
im not rambling or whatever that means. you just fail to come up with proper arguments and instead your trying to cover this up by downplaying my own. and you probably dont have any smash knowledge, your post counter just proves that.

if you actually decide to response to my question then do so because im always open for new opinions. but otherwise dont spam in here.
What is it that you think I'm arguing for again? I haven't taken a stance on anything if you read carefully. But you like to take random segways regardless so I'll let you :) LOL post counts=smash knowledge...good one.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
but instead amsah seems to doesnt care about winning and always falls in love with the playstyle of his opponents and even hungrybox.
What..?

It just doesnt make sense that amsah wasnt able to defeat lucky.
You should really give Lucky a little bit more credit than that..

He also had a hard time against ice and hes only barely able to defend his second spot in europe whereas armada doesnt lose a single game.
I didn't lose a match until WF. Then in losers Ice surprised me with a whole bag of new tricks and managed to take two games. I wouldn't say that's barely being able to defend my spot, but you're entitled to your opinion..=]

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
What..?

You should really give Lucky a little bit more credit than that..

I didn't lose a match until WF. Then in losers Ice surprised me with a whole bag of new tricks and managed to take two games. I wouldn't say that's barely being able to defend my spot, but you're entitled to your opinion..=]
LMFAO get ****ed up you ****ing troll

<3 amsah

PB&J

Smash Hero
pools are going to be harder than ever..it seems like so many players are getting better. im excited to see what happens

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Why is everybody so obsessed with mango's puff? He's retired it, and he's said so many times, not to mention that tbh I wouldn't be surprised if his fox/falco are better. That said, as far as I can tell, try hard mango =/= mango's puff... talking about mangos puff in singles is about the same as talking about how ken is going to win genesis 2 >_>
He will playa!

MegaFEAR

Smash Apprentice
I wish people would stop saying things like this about Colbol. It's never going to happen and you're just putting unnecessary pressure on the guy.
What? That's ridiculous. It's just a compliment, and frankly a justified one. He is one of the most on point (tech skill) foxes when he isn't f-airing off the stage to pay the blastzone a visit.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What? That's ridiculous. It's just a compliment, and frankly a justified one. He is one of the most on point (tech skill) foxes when he isn't f-airing off the stage to pay the blastzone a visit.
That cannot happen for a top 5 spot.. you realize how many matches you have to play to get to that point? =P

Merkuri

Smash Lord
And yet he ALWAYS under performs at major tournaments. He may be great locally but at some point you have to realize his limitations. I remember a lot of people saying how Colbol would win Genesis, and he didn't even make top 33. Stop giving him unrealistic expectations and allow him to come up with his own expectations.

Linguini

Smash Master
I wish people would stop saying things like this about Colbol. It's never going to happen and you're just putting unnecessary pressure on the guy.
LOL merkuri, I can't wait to quote this when colin makes that top 5 spot at a national, this is inevitable. He has improved a lot, especially in the aspect of not getting nervous and sd'ing.

Some people don't really understand how good he is, they will be eating their words soon enough.

grape jelly *****

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ill attest to colbols skill he is very very good when he's playing his best. his max skill level is very, very good. But his average skill level is only so-so and many top players average skill level is way above his. It depends if you are going off an average or his max

Linguini

Smash Master
Jason his max skill is extremely high of course but in the past his average skill level has been brought down by his nerves. He hasn't been to a national since he's been doing this a lot less, so pound should be sickkk

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
ill attest to colbols skill he is very very good when he's playing his best. his max skill level is very, very good. But his average skill level is only so-so and many top players average skill level is way above his. It depends if you are going off an average or his max
What about me?!?!?!

=D

Kira-

Smash Champion
amsah is amazing

i dont understand how someone could make so many good decisions

mango is omitted from this conversation

Top Bottom