• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
no one quits melee except people who are genuinely lame

like that ken guy
this is so true i tryed to quit like 7 times and cant cause theres aways a time where i need money so i'll go to a tourney to win some.. not trying to sound like a ******* but thats the only reason y i think i still play lol..

but anyway whens the next big tourney so i can win and get above armada y. link on some people ranking list LOL

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Saying Melee provides more money than Brawl based on Pound V. <_<

-dies-

Also, people who quit should never ANNOUNCE that they're quitting because they won't.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Jman: My Y link is to good, sorry man =/.
likelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelike

Kanelol

Smash Lord
y. link > armada > jman > buddha

also, i'm happy i'll never be the best at smash

god forbid i stop playing for fun and start playing solely for financial gain D:

joeplicate

Smash Master
mango on survivor would be the funniest thing ever

super drunk every day
"omg i raaaaaaaaped that immunity challenge"
"dude, jeff probst is the HOOMIE"
"**** you crystal, ****en f*ggot, get the **** out! Eh Heh Heh Heh" *nods x10*

Qal

Smash Rookie
Mango on survivor would be amazing. He would definitely find a way to get drunk/high.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Brawlers don't care much for Pound since its pretty much considered a Melee tourney so Brawlers won't travel for it. Thats why the WC Brawl players didn't come at all (also a majority of NE).

Just like Apex, Genesis, and pretty much any other national that has both Brawl and Melee in it, Brawl will most likely have more players, as they already have.

I wish there would be another Pound though. Melee has never seen so much attendance and hype as the last 2 have given it.

rhan

Smash Hero
It was only a Melee tourney cuz Brawlers didn't hype it for ya'lls game. That's why we were able to take it over as a Melee event. Pound 4 has about even rep for both games.

No excuses on that part.

Keitaro

It was only a Melee tourney cuz Brawlers didn't hype it for ya'lls game. That's why we were able to take it over as a Melee event. Pound 4 has about even rep for both games.

No excuses on that part.
The first 3 Pounds were Melee so it always was a very hyped Melee event. No need to take it over from Brawl cause it never had the spotlight at it.

I'm a brawler nowadays and I came to Pound 4 more to watch Melee than to play Brawl because the Melee hype was too crazy.

strawhats

Smash Master

No excuses on that part.
lol...no Pound had a pretty melee dominant crowd. Melee had 350 entrants.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Just like Apex, Genesis, and pretty much any other national that has both Brawl and Melee in it, Brawl will most likely have more players, as they already have.
At Genesis, Melee had only 2 less entrants and infinite times more hype. Just saying.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Apex is as much of a Brawl tournament series and Pound is a melee tournament series. so using apex as any indication is just as stupid.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i think

drpp
armada
axe
hbox
jman
amsah

i know hbox beat axe at pond but imo axe was the better player during most of the set

also armada and drpp pretty much a tie for first

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
lol

want to comment on what u ment by lol?

if its u don't think its possible for someone who is playing better to lose then i would say u have never payed attention to a competition before, an example would be: in soccer maybe one team had 15 shots on goal but they did not go in b/c of the goalie while the other team had 1 shot on goal and it went in. despite what the goal count might say the team with 15 shots out played the other team but still lost. this stuff happens and imo axe was the better player for most of the set

if its b/c i wrote pond and not pound its b/c my keyboard sucks

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
want to comment on what u ment by lol?

if its u don't think its possible for someone who is playing better to lose then i would say u have never payed attention to a competition before, an example would be: in soccer maybe one team had 15 shots on goal but they did not go in b/c of the goalie while the other team had 1 shot on goal and it went in. despite what the goal count might say the team with 15 shots out played the other team but still lost. this stuff happens and imo axe was the better player for most of the set

if its b/c i wrote pond and not pound its b/c my keyboard sucks
Yes but Axe has never beaten Armada (x2) / Amsah / PP (more than once) before. Axe also has a history of being inconsistent at regionals and such. Axe is amazing, but saying that Axe is better than HBox because he "played better" in a set he lost (3-0? 3-1?) is too much LOL.

I think for now,

PP / Armada (in that order, but close)
HBox
m2k / Amsah (in that order, but close)
Axe /Jman (in that order, but close, probably)

the rest

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Hax might not be the MOST consistent player, but he fairly consistently places very high in huge tournaments using a character that is difficult to this with. He beat the world's greatest sheik.... with falcon! He deserves all the recognition he gets imo.

Keitaro

PP
Armada
Hbox
M2K
Amsah
Jman
Axe

I refuse to count Mango atm.

Apex is as much of a Brawl tournament series and Pound is a melee tournament series. so using apex as any indication is just as stupid.
Apex2010's Melee to Brawl ratio was 4:5 aka 44% Melee players, 56% Brawlers

Pound V's Brawl to Melee ratio was 3:5 aka 37% brawlers, 63% Melee players

Thats enough of a difference that it shouldn't be directly comparable and is not "just as stupid" to use imo.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yes but Axe has never beaten Armada (x2) / Amsah / PP (more than once) before. Axe also has a history of being inconsistent at regionals and such. Axe is amazing, but saying that Axe is better than HBox because he "played better" in a set he lost (3-0? 3-1?) is too much LOL.

I think for now,

PP / Armada (in that order, but close)
HBox
m2k / Amsah (in that order, but close)
Axe /Jman (in that order, but close, probably)

the rest
ok thats a good argument which i was not aware of since i had not been following smash much recently, the last thing i followed was the last major tourney were axe got like top 5 or something so it seems i just tune in when axe does well. but i still think he played better in the set but hbox got the clutch rests which won it for him. still i have to judge from what ive seen and i like taking into account only recent placings since there needs to be a cut off point, so i think maybe very late 2009 but mostly i take into account 2010 and 2011 should be what people judge by

has axe ever played amsah?

Lol @ Nagace not knowing **** about football (soccer)
was it that obvious? it was late and for some reason the only sport i could think of was soccer i dont know why. the idea behind my analogy was still good but i could of done better using football instead of soccer. (anyone who is upset at me calling it soccer, its a term that gets rid of confusion so its easier then calling it football then explaining which football i was talking about)

Beat!

Smash Master
I wasn't talking about your terminology. I know it's called soccer in the US.

I was talking about you not knowing **** about the sport. Your analogy was terrible and wrong.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
One impressive tourney result proves everything obviously.
You must not follow the community much:

Genesis:
Hax- 8th
Jman- 13th
Axe- 33rd

Rom 2:
Hax: 7th
Jman: 5th
Axe: N/A

Pound 4:
Hax: 13th
Jman: 5th
Axe: 17th

Rom 3:
Hax: 13th
Jamn: 4th
Axe: N/A

Apex 2010:
Hax: 9th
Jman: 7th
Axe: 5th

DGDTJ:
Hax: N/A
Jman: 1st
Axe: 17th

Pound 5:
Hax: 5th
Jman: N/A
Axe: 4th

Add that to his numerous top3-5 teams placings with hbox.

To say that hax has had only one notable tourny performance is ridiculous.

For tournaments both Axe and Hax have attended, Hax far outperformed him at genesis, and placed one spot below axe at pound 5. Apex is the only tourny where axe significantly outplaced hax (5th compared to 9th)

To put it plainly, they both have 5th place finishes so they "cancel out". Axe has a 4th, but then his next highest placing is 17th. Hax has numerous 7th, 9th, and even 13th place finishes and has never placed lower than 13th at a national. Axe has placed 17th on numerous occasions, as well as 33rd.

Jesus is clearly the best out of the 3 of them (but i included him in my original post which you quoted), but I find it outrageous that people put axe in the same category as jman/zhu/lucky but always leave out Hax. If anything, Axe is the outlier here with only 2 notable tourny placings

I've got nothing against Axe, amazing player, but dudes need to give credit where credit is due.

edit: ps. love you axe and mean no disrespect at all, just giving attention to my boy hax, sorry if it seems like im being mean. i also think ur top 10 lol

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I wasn't talking about your terminology. I know it's called soccer in the US.

I was talking about you not knowing **** about the sport. Your analogy was terrible and wrong.
yea i know that what i was saying was it that obvious that i didnt know anything about the sport. now that i think about it boxing would of been the right sport to make the analogy for it. and like i said idk why i brought up soccer it was late and its what came to mind

Top Bottom