• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i don't think he is either. I think Hax is underrrated.
I think Hax has a huge skill cap but is inconsistent sometimes so it's easy to underrate him, maybe that inconsistency just comes along with being a Falcon main / everyone knowing how to fight him.

But I still do think that Axe is likely to outplace Hax. If you repeated Pound 5 a bunch of times, I'm pretty confident that Axe would outplace him more. There are just less people that Axe would lose to imo.

D

Deleted member

Hax might not be the MOST consistent player, but he fairly consistently places very high in huge tournaments using a character that is difficult to this with. He beat the world's greatest sheik.... with falcon! He deserves all the recognition he gets imo.
worlds greatest shiek that sux ballz against falcon

it's only a matter of learning though, once he does amsah will definitely be better than m2k

these lists swing pretty wildly lol

if hax banned fd and beat axe, then...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
@JPOBS If you ignore DGDTJ, you'll notice that Axe has been placing higher at each national.
indeed. Im not at all saying "hax > axe." axe has certainly been improving at an amazing pace and its fun to watch him tear through brackets with pika lol

I think Hax has a huge skill cap but is inconsistent sometimes so it's easy to underrate him, maybe that inconsistency just comes along with being a Falcon main / everyone knowing how to fight him.
possibly. i think he's fairly consistent, always between 7-13th (which is a range of 3 spots), but 5th is a spike furreal.

but yea, ****ing falcon :awesome:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Haha imagine repeating tournaments non-stop for a lifetime now that would be epic.. =P Trying to prove yourself over and over. omg.. Anyways ya, I think Hax can take most players as well.. but it's impossible to consistently beat players equally skilled unless you completely surpass them somehow in just a few games playing with them.. which is extremely unlikely lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
worlds greatest shiek that sux ballz against falcon

it's only a matter of learning though, once he does amsah will definitely be better than m2k

these lists swing pretty wildly lol

if hax banned fd and beat axe, then...
True man, I won't argue that. He also wasted so many grabs vs pp... :/

We should have chilled at pound.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
If DRPP can keep up with his **** then I would place him 1st for sure. If not then I'd put Armada up there followed by PP then Mango. Hbox 4th. After that I think there are lots of players worthy to be top10

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
Why is Armada suddenly better than Hbox after one tournament?

From what I heard, Hbox was practically throwing up on the TV.

Also, it's ONE tournament.

Plus, the Ylink was really unexpected. I pretty sure 1 week after Pound 5 Hbox is ready for that matchup.

I personnaly think that people were waiting for Armada to beat HBox in order to consider the former better than the latter.

Imo, Armada has always been a more consistant, more adaptive player than HBox, but I found it hard to put Armada over HBox considering their matches at Apex 2010 had been one-sided.

Then it's true that HBox might have been sick during Pound V, I'm not going to pretend I know anything about that because I wasn't there, all I've been seeing were the videos.

I really hope there will be a rematch between these two at Genesis 2.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
You must not follow the community much:

Genesis:
Hax- 8th
Jman- 13th
Axe- 33rd

Rom 2:
Hax: 7th
Jman: 5th
Axe: N/A

Pound 4:
Hax: 13th
Axe: 17th

Rom 3:
Jamn: 4th

Apex 2010:
Hax: 9th
Jman: 7th
Axe: 5th

DGDTJ:
Hax: N/A
Jman: 1st

Pound 5:
Hax: 5th
Jman: N/A
Axe: 4th

Add that to his numerous top3-5 teams placings with hbox.

To say that hax has had only one notable tourny performance is ridiculous.

For tournaments both Axe and Hax have attended, Hax far outperformed him at genesis, and placed one spot below axe at pound 5. Apex is the only tourny where axe significantly outplaced hax (5th compared to 9th)

To put it plainly, they both have 5th place finishes so they "cancel out". Axe has a 4th, but then his next highest placing is 17th. Hax has numerous 7th, 9th, and even 13th place finishes and has never placed lower than 13th at a national. Axe has placed 17th on numerous occasions, as well as 33rd.

Jesus is clearly the best out of the 3 of them (but i included him in my original post which you quoted), but I find it outrageous that people put axe in the same category as jman/zhu/lucky but always leave out Hax. If anything, Axe is the outlier here with only 2 notable tourny placings

I've got nothing against Axe, amazing player, but dudes need to give credit where credit is due.

edit: ps. love you axe and mean no disrespect at all, just giving attention to my boy hax, sorry if it seems like im being mean. i also think ur top 10 lol
wow going to all my tournament placings im pretty good :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Why is Armada suddenly better than Hbox after one tournament?

From what I heard, Hbox was practically throwing up on the TV.

Plus, the Ylink was really unexpected. I pretty sure 1 week after Pound 5 Hbox is ready for that matchup.

You say that like no one would place armada above hbox before pound5.

Beat!

Smash Master
*raises hand*

Hbox has lost to Fly Amanita, Lucky and ChuDat lately. They're all good players, but losing against them certainly means something if you're supposed to be top 3. At least that's my reason for putting Armada above him (combined with Armada beating him of course, but that's just one factor).

He's also lost against M2K, who Armada always beats.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Lucien taught me marth dittos at oc3 i think it was. (or was it genesis) can't remember.

but basically, whoever spams more downtilt wins!

<3

if only lucien ever read this thread, i'm sure he'd be laughing his *** off right now

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
fancy tech skills vs mindgames! lets mm at genesis2 haha

time to practice auto cancels on ledges and upb cancel landing cancel thingamabobs on the ledge while recovering... i got this

D

Deleted member

He still is. But he also has some fans out there, so it isn't AS BAD as HBox hate.
i don't get why people hate on jason so much

he's a pretty lovable soft-hearted guy

and thinks 24/7 about jerking off

it's a price you pay for being one of the best i guess

rhan

Smash Hero
So... PP performs two upsetting/come back wins at TWO national tournaments and you still rank Armada above him? I don't understand the logic..

Armada

Smash Lord
I was not there on the first one =).

I don´t care how people rank me but count tournaments when Im not there (I have coming to US 4 times but no one from US are coming to Europe) and use it for arguments why people should be above me is bad.

Im trying to attend tournaments in US so much i can but 4 times in 1,5 years is not bad.
When will something from Europe start to counts?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I was not there on the first one =).

I don´t care how people rank me but count tournaments when Im not there (I have coming to US 4 times but no one from US are coming to Europe) and use it for arguments why people should be above me is bad.

Im trying to attend tournaments in US so much i can but 4 times in 1,5 years is not bad.
When will something from Europe start to counts?
When I'm going to crusade into Europe lol.

Kira, overall skills? M2k should be above Hbox because M2k can use multiple characters at high level Hbox can only use one.

Mizar

Smash Ace
Most likely they won't come to Europe even if a european would win Genesis2.
"1 win doesn't prove anything, come back next time Armada" or something like that
Besides, I can imagine people being a bit afraid to go to a Pal tournament. You definitely don't want to lose to someone who's considered inferior.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Hax might not be the MOST consistent player, but he fairly consistently places very high in huge tournaments using a character that is difficult to this with. He beat the world's greatest sheik.... with falcon! He deserves all the recognition he gets imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UmCIfkjrWo

He isn't even the best Sheik and look what happened. As s2j said, it's all matchup. Game 3 of that set really shows what Amsah COULD do if he knew his stuff better.

pp
armada
hbox
m2k(someone might not like me for that)
jman
amsah
mango

hbox and m2k are like equal theyve shown they can beat each other
You really just put Jman above Mango?

You must not follow the community much:

Genesis:
Hax- 8th
Jman- 13th
Axe- 33rd

Rom 2:
Hax: 7th

Pound 4:

Rom 3:
Jamn: 4th

Apex 2010:
Hax: 9th
Jman: 7th
Axe: 5th

DGDTJ:
Hax: N/A
Jman: 1st

Pound 5:
Hax: 5th
Jman: N/A
Axe: 4th

Add that to his numerous top3-5 teams placings with hbox.

To say that hax has had only one notable tourny performance is ridiculous.

For tournaments both Axe and Hax have attended, Hax far outperformed him at genesis, and placed one spot below axe at pound 5. Apex is the only tourny where axe significantly outplaced hax (5th compared to 9th)

To put it plainly, they both have 5th place finishes so they "cancel out". Axe has a 4th, but then his next highest placing is 17th. Hax has numerous 7th, 9th, and even 13th place finishes and has never placed lower than 13th at a national. Axe has placed 17th on numerous occasions, as well as 33rd.

Jesus is clearly the best out of the 3 of them (but i included him in my original post which you quoted), but I find it outrageous that people put axe in the same category as jman/zhu/lucky but always leave out Hax. If anything, Axe is the outlier here with only 2 notable tourny placings

I've got nothing against Axe, amazing player, but dudes need to give credit where credit is due.

edit: ps. love you axe and mean no disrespect at all, just giving attention to my boy hax, sorry if it seems like im being mean. i also think ur top 10 lol
Axe gets more impressive wins than Hax does. Look at the brackets of who Hax beats in comparison to Axe's. Sure it's mostly spacies that Axe faces but it doesn't matter because Fox is still a disadvantage MU for Pikachu as far as I remember, and no matter how much Axe knows the MU it doesn't prevent it from being difficult. Back when Axe was barely just starting to rise/be upcoming he beat Jman when Jman was what...considered best Fox even by Genesis?

Axe is only rising higher and higher by the day. I think he significantly improved as of recent and will now probably be inconsistent no more.

mynameisstevenn

Smash Rookie
how does someone join a tournament and get a reputation like these guys? im new to the site but i know i can compete with some of the best. i dont play online however, the connection is too laggy.

Kira-

Smash Champion
So... PP performs two upsetting/come back wins at TWO national tournaments and you still rank Armada above him? I don't understand the logic..
I believe Armada is a better player for now. We have had home-town advantage for every tournament, which is a factor in every other major sport except ours, apparently. He's not just playing across a few hours of time-lag, he's on another continent. He's not staying in the US for weeks beforehand getting used to the time and taking care of himself by sleeping/eating well, he just mans up and plays and beats everyone, getting incredible results with every tournament he has gone to against the best competition we have. I know I get tired when a local tournament goes on for too long, and that's without any other pressures from the crowd or people boosting up his opponent's confidence to their top levels. I don't think I've ever heard him complain about this at all either, definitely doesn't whine like a lot of people would, or even should. At Genesis he had one shot to prove himself.. how many times did he get ***** the first match, only to come back and figure out the other player in the 3rd match. He's playing against a different continent of styles, with a character who we thought had no chance in tournament, with styles that range from Lucky to Shiz to M2K to Mango, when everyone wanted to prove how bad Europe was and how Cort was the best Peach lol... I think that is pretty impressive.

To a lesser extent I believe switching from PAL to NTSC has an effect. I remember when some of the French players would roll up onto the stage, only to have the Fox barely land on it, because they thought Fox's up B couldn't make it back. Armada is good enough to make this transition seem almost seamless, but it still matters when he's playing PAL all the time at home.

People will forever debate who is better than who... yet for some reason it is surprising to you that I would place Armada as 2nd? Is that so far-fetched?

When I'm going to crusade into Europe lol.

Kira, overall skills? M2k should be above Hbox because M2k can use multiple characters at high level Hbox can only use one.
No I think Hungrybox is a better player than M2K. All those characters do not matter if none of them can get the job done. Hbox is also a lot more clutch than M2K.

Stev

Smash Ace
I believe Armada is a better player for now. We have had home-town advantage for every tournament, which is a factor in every other major sport except ours, apparently.
So I was listening to Outsides the Lines and they had a guy who wrote a book talking about statistics and player performances. His book shows that home field has no effect on player performance. Rather, the influence of home field advantage comes from refereeing. More yellow cards/red cards, technical fouls, ejections, etc happen on the away team. They tended to think it had to do with a group psychology type thing. I could go into more detail, but I'm on the phone.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
So I was listening to Outsides the Lines and they had a guy who wrote a book talking about statistics and player performances. His book shows that home field has no effect on player performance. Rather, the influence of home field advantage comes from refereeing. More yellow cards/red cards, technical fouls, ejections, etc happen on the away team. They tended to think it had to do with a group psychology type thing. I could go into more detail, but I'm on the phone.
there are people who believe this but it is not a common position

edit: that's not to say the impact of referees is non-existent. they clearly affect things like free throw disparity significantly in basketball. it's just not standard to attribute ALL home/road variance to the refs. i know what book you're talking about btw-- scorecasting

rhan

Smash Hero
I believe Armada is a better player for now. We have had home-town advantage for every tournament, which is a factor in every other major sport except ours, apparently.
Armada didn't go to RoM3 and the argument I was pointing out was that the two most recent nationals PP made loser bracket comebacks from them...

So...

Yeah...

I still don't understand.

I mean yeah hometown advantage means a lot. I actually felt kinda bad seeing Armada's face in the Pound 5"review" video. Cuz you could tell that he was kinda broken spirited.. :(

But comebacks against players like M2K, KK, Armada, etc is VERY impressive.

Riio

Smash Cadet
Armada didn't go to RoM3 and the argument I was pointing out was that the two most recent nationals PP made loser bracket comebacks from them...

So...

Yeah...

I still don't understand.

I mean yeah hometown advantage means a lot. I actually felt kinda bad seeing Armada's face in the "review" video. Cuz you could tell that he was kinda broken spirited.. :(

But comebacks against players like M2K, KK, Armada, etc is VERY impressive.
What's the review video?

Top Bottom