• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Hello Falco boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Falco main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!
I'll do some of that in my spare time, everyday from 11:am to 2:pm est. is optimal for me.

Aim - DjCwA

Falco Falco Falco, my main is falco. I do things with that guy that no one else seems to do.... Falco Falco Falco, that ***** loves bagels.

m@v, I love Brinstar, i dont know why.

Denzi

Smash Master
@M@V:

He takes me to Brinstar all the time, it's a good Peach stage, a bad Falco stage, and you banned the only other stage he would've taken you to over it. Not sure if it's really my fault you went there.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey, how would you guys feel if we made a Falco power rankings thread? I think it would be a good idea to keep things interesting around here. I can make the thread, and we can have a council of 1 or 2 falcos from each region. For example:

WC: Larry and/or choice(if he gets more active)
Atlantic North: Keitaro and/or I
MW: denzi and/or clowsui(I'd recommend shugo if he posted)
Atlantic South: Kismet &/or mMm
South West: Ozz.
Australia: sword and/or Vlade

We could do a standard top 10, or a tier list style, which might make more sense because it might be hard to compare specific people due to reigon difficulty, etc.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Haters gonna hate Teran

Anyway, I received no PM's regarding Falco, and am still taking "applications" for Falco mentors. Please guys, show your support for the community and help someone get better by being a part of this program!
how do you become a person that gets helped by a mentor?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Eu hasn't faced each other enoug hto tell where everyone stands but its probably like

1. Gregs/Marcbri
2. Gregs/Marcbri
3. Manko
4. Kasper/Xonar/BluB
5. "
6. "

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Hey guys the DK boards are discussing DK teaming with Falco.

So a couple things I would like to know is, how does Falco work in teams and general other stuff like good stages, roles, team work strategies, tips, ranking etc.

If you guys can post your input in our DK teams thread that would be helpful. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244611&page=8

Thanks alot guys and hope to hear from some of you!

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
lol xonar
Put me out of that list. You guys can't rate me.
I haven't played anyone of you yet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Eu hasn't faced each other enoug hto tell where everyone stands but its probably like

1. Gregs/Marcbri
2. Gregs/Marcbri
3. Manko
4. Kasper/Xonar/BluB
5. "
6. "
ROFLOMGLMFAOXDDEADLOLWTF
:psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

Did you

seriously

just

put yourself on the same level...

as BluB???

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
In terms of experience, sure BluB is good, but on the first tourney he played I know he got like 9th? even though he got 2/3stocked pretty badly by kaak, I don't think with the rather lacking German smash scene (in terms of tournaments and players) he could've improved all that much.
For real, my first serious tournament was that one (been to one before but didn't get out of pools back then, lol) and I got 13th or something. Fo real, I was so unlegit. I must be really underestimating the German scene or something, but they don't seem good at all.
Actually, the same could go for Manko who got 2/3stocked consistently by iStuds diddy at a recent tourney, so maybe he and Kasper could switch places. Then again, UK scene has to be at least as bad as the german scene, so I dunno. Kasper is def good though, probably better than me/blub/manko.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Seriously, you can't compare my skill from CiB with how good I am now. lol, that was one year ago. I just started playing falco as my main at that time. And yeah i got 3 stocked by kaak, but I almost won against kaos, whereas gregs got 2 stocked twice. But who cares about that now..
Since then I improved a LOT. I even posted some vids where you can clearly see a difference from back then.
I also have a good friend (Muka) living just a few minutes away from me. He's a really good snake/mk main and we play a lot. That way we both improve a lot.
We don't have a lot of good players, but you can't say we aren't good at all lol.

I really want to go to BBI, since even ally is confirmed 100% now.. but I don't think I'll be able =/
But I hope there will be a few good europeans at BiB at least.

Also just don't compare me with the other falco mains from europe till I'll be at a big tourney where I'll meet them.. cause now you can't tell anything about me at all. You can give your opinion about that but you made it sound like it's fact, lol.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Im not really good with any of this kinda stuff thats why i dont post often lol. I just play tbh. maybe i could help iono

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
In my opinion, for Europe, only Marcbri, Gregs and Manko can be ranked.

The rest of us is too hard to compare. There's Kasper, BluB, FotuRAN, Xonar and me, but none of us have been much to tourneys outside of our respective countries.

We'll know at Bushido Brawl Impact, since almost all Falcos are going.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Australia doesn't have enough Falco's to rank either.

Most other character boards generally power rank from the whole world though, not just regions. And I think if you had the right people making decisions, we could accurately do that. In other words, no Xonars on the panel.

Australia maybe has 2 hardcore Falco mains, myself and Vlade (and we can't put myself or Vlade above one another either because the skill levels at the top of Australia are fairly close and we have never played, I'll be confident and say I'm better though...yeah.). We have the somewhat lesser Attila, who has only picked up Falco in recent months. And have a few, practically retired Falco's, and another decent Falco who never actually uses him in tournament. There's also Dainbramage, but his lack of tournament attendance and actual practice makes it impossible to place him, not to mention (and I apologise DB!) in the tournaments he's attended he's gone rather poorly.

Just some random input though. There's only a couple of Falco's I'd actually consider obviously better than me at the moment with others that I really don't know. They'd be people like, DEHF, Kismet, SK92, Ozz and Clowsui (I think Clowsui is the one that's really good when he's not angry?). Apart from those few, I don't really see a huge difference between me and the other Falco's when I'm playing at my best.

M@v

Subarashii!
Dont mean to knock him down, but Im better than clowsui for sure. He was having trouble with my marth, which is probably my 3rd best character. Also, i looked at a couple of his placings, and I usually do better overall in his region. :3

Imo panel should be(no particular order here):

-Larry
-Me
-Keitaro
-Kismet
-Sword
-Ozz
-Blub

Thats an imo though. Ozz might be a traitor and switching to marth, but hes still the best falco from the texas area.

clowsui

Smash Legend
M@V:

Those were friendlies that you played me in, which aren't an accurate measure of skill by any means.

You place better in NEOH, home of the free (w/ a few exceptions). Chill bro, come down to central/SW OH sometime :p

I don't think a Falco power rankings is necessary. Not enough Falcos collectively go to the same tournaments, so it's hard to accurately rank people.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
Australia maybe has 2 hardcore Falco mains, myself and Vlade (and we can't put myself or Vlade above one another either because the skill levels at the top of Australia are fairly close and we have never played, I'll be confident and say I'm better though...yeah.). We have the somewhat lesser Attila, who has only picked up Falco in recent months. And have a few, practically retired Falco's, and another decent Falco who never actually uses him in tournament. There's also Dainbramage, but his lack of tournament attendance and actual practice makes it impossible to place him, not to mention (and I apologise DB!) in the tournaments he's attended he's gone rather poorly.
lawlz I know I'm terrible, dw.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Dont mean to knock him down, but Im better than clowsui for sure. He was having trouble with my marth, which is probably my 3rd best character. Also, i looked at a couple of his placings, and I usually do better overall in his region. :3

Imo panel should be(no particular order here):

-Larry
-Me
-Keitaro
-Kismet
-Sword
-Ozz
-Blub

Thats an imo though. Ozz might be a traitor and switching to marth, but hes still the best falco from the texas area.
Why Blub and not Marcbri? :dizzy:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Agreeing w/ KF here, marcbri has international experience...BluB's untested. I think BluB's the best Falco in Europe judging from all the vids BUT marcbri/GregS haven't released anything in a while

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Are rankings really so important?

We know who like the top 3-5 are, we know who's good.

Rankings would be pretty arbritrary imo but inb4stfunoob.

Also inb4it happens then people argue over the rankings aimlessly.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I really don't think we should do rankings. If we did we'd probably have to do it mostly off of placings, which does really say much since we all don't play the same people.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Agreeing w/ KF here, marcbri has international experience...BluB's untested. I think BluB's the best Falco in Europe judging from all the vids BUT marcbri/GregS haven't released anything in a while
I can't believe you guys. You guys are just ****ing insane.

Not because a Falco releases an amazing combo video and apparently masters BDacus that he automatically becomes THE BEST in a region like Europe that actually uses Falco a LOT. If that's gonna be your criteria for judging who's better, I suggest we say Izaw is the best player in the world: after all his biased as **** videos clearly show he never loses a game to anyone and his combo videos are soooo loved by many people (scrub-*** wifi players if you ask me).

No offence Clowsui, but god ****. Hilarious how you agree and yet don't agree with me at all.

Edit: and Marcbri HAS released stuff recently, you probably didn't search anything about him ever. Who cares about Europe anyway? >_>

Edit2: Oh and sorry about the rage, Teran. I'm just annoyed people are STILL so ignorant and biased after BluB's video came out.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree with KF, tech skill =/= real skill at the game.

I mean I could live in a remote region and just practice tech skill all day and then finally go to an event and know everything there is to possibly know about my characters tech skill and get ***** hard.

Just pointing out the obvious loool.

I mean it might be a little hard to rank all falcos internationally but I think it would be easy enough to rank US falcos.

Denzi

Smash Master
And this is why rankings are difficult/pointless/a bad idea. I'm with Teran/Larry on this one. It's just going to cause a load of pointless arguing.

@Acton: The differences in the different US regions still make it difficult to rank everyone accurately.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Yeah I agree with KF, tech skill =/= real skill at the game.

I mean I could live in a remote region and just practice tech skill all day and then finally go to an event and know everything there is to possibly know about my characters tech skill and get ***** hard.

Just pointing out the obvious loool.

I mean it might be a little hard to rank all falcos internationally but I think it would be easy enough to rank US falcos.
Rankings are stupid although I agree US Falcos can be ranked easily:
  1. Larry
  2. Larry wannabes

clowsui

Smash Legend
I can't believe you guys. You guys are just ****ing insane.

Not because a Falco releases an amazing combo video and apparently masters BDacus that he automatically becomes THE BEST in a region like Europe that actually uses Falco a LOT. If that's gonna be your criteria for judging who's better, I suggest we say Izaw is the best player in the world: after all his biased as **** videos clearly show he never loses a game to anyone and his combo videos are soooo loved by many people (scrub-*** wifi players if you ask me).

No offence Clowsui, but god ****. Hilarious how you agree and yet don't agree with me at all.

Edit: and Marcbri HAS released stuff recently, you probably didn't search anything about him ever. Who cares about Europe anyway? >_>

Edit2: Oh and sorry about the rage, Teran. I'm just annoyed people are STILL so ignorant and biased after BluB's video came out.
i didn't organize my post well enough then, i mean to agree w/ you that marcbri deserves a PR panel position more than BluB

wow @ this total lack of respect for my judgment capabilities?

first off i'm never going to judge someone off a combo vid, if i did that do you think i'd be in the falco BR or even halfway decent at this game? try again

secondly i'm not judging blub based on his combo vid? lol i'm judging his mental ability + precision based on his tournament videos, which you haven't apparently been seeing at all because blub is actually pretty smart, he just doesn't have enough tournies under his belt/exp.

marcbri + gregs, based on what i've seen, aren't as consistent as BluB w/ reads nor are they quite as creative as BluB imho. however videos are not the only way to judge a person...by results then Gregs takes #1 spot in euro because marcbri hasn't been to any multinationals in ages and gregs did well at ZEST5 + a few others. by results AND video i would say that marcbri and gregs are around the same, because i think marcbri's overall style is safer and smarter than gregs.

you all lose to kaos anyways so ranking you will be inaccurate cause your result against kaos will be highly inflated to be above the rest of your achievements, it's unfair. it's like if i won once against m2k and then had decent results the rest of the season i'll probably be ranked higher than the person who had great results onsistently over the season and had a garbo record vs. m2k. yes kaos isn't as good as m2k nor does he have the same record but the analogy holds

jesus christ @ ppl getting butthurt, this is why we don't do rankings

also what @ this new marcbri stuff, last time he released anything was may. i think his most recent video that i saw was from a tournament in march or april.

just checked all of his recent videos are of his non-falcos

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Okay we will officially no longer discuss rankings.

If anyone does I'll blast them with an infraction.

Top Bottom