• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

BSP

Smash Legend
IDK if you guys are talking about wifi, but if you are, have you tried doing some of the basic Falco stuff in lag? X_x

kismet2

Smash Ace
falco's pretty legit on wifi! i don't have have much trouble as i used to but it's probably muscle memory. trying to boost pivot grab or something? lol

IDK if you guys are talking about wifi, but if you are, have you tried doing some of the basic Falco stuff in lag? X_x
I do not get why so many people complain about wifi. When you get the absolute worst lag where it take literally one second to do anything, then you have a right to complain. Otherwise, a ton of stuff can still be done with prediction, alteration of your timing, and buffering.

I think you should have the ability to mix-up your timings on moves and get a feeling on how to change up your timings. If I SHL at the wrong time offline, I should have the ability to correct it. Even if I have to SHL earlier on wifi, that's not a bad thing. Its actually really good practice. Say you have to SHL on a slope, you need to know how to alter your timing on that to make sure it doesn't go too low.

And wifi I think builds up your skill at predicting what someone will do. The first match or two you usually want to figure out someone's habits, then as the match goes on adjust to how they play. If a yoshi starts jabbing me once and then twice out of jab cancels, I can beat that by doing jab cancel -> shield grabs instead.

And in the end, wifi is so much better than not playing at all. Some things about match-ups you will not know about at all and it gives you a good testing ground on figuring out what you might change to overcome some problem in a match-up. I had been playing with a TL and noticed that the Zair after Falco's Dthrow kept messing me up. Well, I am thinking I might just need to dash and powershield, then dash attack or dacus after the powershield to punish that. While I kept messing that up, I think it might work offline once I get around to playing a TL.

As for Falco's basic stuff, dropping CGs happens quite often or failing to get the spike out of it since a dash never comes out.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll take my chances with ditching it and just watch vids and work on tech stuff.

I'm going to whobo 4 now. My Falco will be ready.

kismet2

Smash Ace
why use Falco on Wifi when you can use Snake
basically lol

I'll take my chances with ditching it and just watch vids and work on tech stuff.

I'm going to whobo 4 now. My Falco will be ready.
if it helps i like to set the cpu to lvl 3 with a 99 stock match. not only do you polish on your falco things but you get work on your spacing/burst range stuff. i do this everyday and it does a good job of keeping the rust off, i learn a good bit too. i don't play wifi as much but i get on from time to time when people ask to play(as long as it's a decent connection :glare:).

Double falco never happened Kismet with dark peach and whoever the lackey would have been lol That should have happened.

These are my money match predictions for you Kismet.

Nick Riddle falco vs. zss $5 (won)
Nick Riddle mk vs. zss $5 (won)
Player-4 mk ditto $5 (lost)
Ally falco vs. mk $10 (lost)
Fliphopper falco vs. diddy $5 (won)
xKilikx mk vs. sheik $10 (won)
KiraFlax falco vs pit/rob $5 (won)
True Blue mk vs sonic $1 (lost)
Sync falco vs lolimar $5 (lost)
Illmatic falco vs peach $5 (lost)
Illmatic mk vs peach $5 (lost)
Esca falco vs whoever $10 (?)

kismet2

Smash Ace
LOL @ the predictions. personally i thought i'd win all of them D= but for esca i think he's going pit and did you base this off of character matchups? XD

EDIT: double wifi falco will happen against dark peach and lackey

Oh, I just realized a mistake. I thought the character directly next to the name was the character they were using and not you. Makes sense why there were all using MK/Falco now.

I thought you were making random money matches with characters you normally do not play. Going ZSS against nickriddle while he would have gone falco was what I had in mind with those predictions. In that case, I have no idea how those predictions are going to turn out. YOu playing as peach vs Iggy's MK or falco I thought you would lose.

I guess the only one I feel you would lose would be against Ally. Are you doing best of 3 or best of 5 for them?

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
if it helps i like to set the cpu to lvl 3 with a 99 stock match. not only do you polish on your falco things but you get work on your spacing/burst range stuff. i do this everyday and it does a good job of keeping the rust off, i learn a good bit too. i don't play wifi as much but i get on from time to time when people ask to play(as long as it's a decent connection :glare:).
I really like the idea of a level 3 CPU 99 stock match. I want to start doing that asap. Since I started playing a lot more recently than a lot of the other AL players, I've always felt I've been trying to play catch up with everyone else. I've personally always felt limited in how much I can improve in a designated amount of time because people don't want to have smashfests every single day.

kismet2

Smash Ace
yeah sorry for the misunderstanding lol and ally is the only 3/5 the rest are 2/3. it's gonna be my falco vs his mk and i'm comfortable with the matchup, i plan on showing some awesome falco technology in that set.

EDIT: actually just falco tech in general at whobo.

yeah ty i can honestly say that you'll see the improvement if you do

Since I started playing a lot more recently than a lot of the other AL players, I've always felt I've been trying to play catch up with everyone else. I've personally always felt limited in how much I can improve in a designated amount of time because people don't want to have smashfests every single day.
You can progress pretty far in a short period of time. Not sure how, but it can be done. Frootloop went from no tourney play to rivaling kels in tourney in a couple of years.

Being the newbie should make it easier to catch-up actually. Having better people against right away is a good learning experience.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Delux comes to mind when it comes to fast progression lol.

And i've only been playing for two and half years

/stillcatchingup

Kismet we should play at whobo!

You can help me learn falco vs mk for apex~

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ty, you are getting better by leaps and bounds.

Kismet, I still haven't played you with Ike and I want to.

I play two games and then I stop SDing.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Delux comes to mind when it comes to fast progression lol.

And i've only been playing for two and half years

/stillcatchingup

Kismet we should play at whobo!

You can help me learn falco vs mk for apex~
indeed! we'll definitely play you'll know who i am if you've seen Player-1's, Player-3's, and Reflex's avatar

Ty, you are getting better by leaps and bounds.

Kismet, I still haven't played you with Ike and I want to.

I play two games and then I stop SDing.
it will happen haha you're still going to whobo right? if so then you're staying at sync's right?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I am going to WHOBO. I am not staying at Sync's. I've got a friend who lives in town who's going to house me and up to eight friends. I may drive instead of riding Megabus so that I can get a couple of people in Louisianna who may otherwise be unable to go depending on JNig's carpool. Besides that, BSL is the homie.

You going to be at Smith Station this weekend?

Also, do you know if P3 has a teammate for mid tier doubles at WHOBO? If he does, I dunno who the hell I'm gonna team with, but I definitely want to play Mid Doubles.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I played Brawl for the first time in over a year yesterday.

I kinda sucked, but thankfully I was playing my boyfriend so I still won. o.o

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Grab release->Fair on Wario. Discuss the value of simply infuriating the opponent.

In more relevant news, Falco Round Robin at WHOBO. $1-$5. Who will show? Don't tell me it's just going to be me money matching Kismet.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Grab release->Fair on Wario. Discuss the value of simply infuriating the opponent.

In more relevant news, Falco Round Robin at WHOBO. $1-$5. Who will show? Don't tell me it's just going to be me money matching Kismet.
I'd jump in on this~ :)

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about some matchups for a while now and I kinda wanna let the Falco boards know what I think his MUs are, imo. I've played against a lot of top players for each respective character, so I can at least base it off of experience.

vs :metaknight: - 45:55
vs :olimar: - 60:40
vs :diddy: - 55:45
vs :popo: - 40:60
vs :snake: - 50:50
vs :marth: - 50:50
vs :pikachu2: - 65:35
vs :wario: - 55:45 without Wario CG. 50:50 with Wario CG
vs :zerosuitsamus: - 60:40
vs :lucario: - 55:45
vs :dedede: - 60:40
vs :toonlink: - 55:45