• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
RJ made me almost believe Lucario beats Falco. He has beaten every Falco he fought except DEHF.

I also think Kirby/Falco is even or in Kirby's favor.

OMG those textures would drive me crazy. I am fine with something like color changes, but not that. The only exceptions are models which really fit the character's design in the first place. Blaziken Captain Falcon and Gardevoir Zelda for example.

kismet2

Smash Ace
LOL kuro i meant "it's even, maybe 55:45" but I'm leaning more towards 55:45.

Just space single jabs and ftilts. Dair is safe from shieldgrabs, which helps alot.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha kk. To TL'DR it i feel like kirby has too much lameness for it be anything but even. possibly even his favor depending on the stagelist. Particularly if they know how to use lasers to control falcos recovery trajectory.

Keitaro

OMG those textures would drive me crazy. I am fine with something like color changes, but not that. The only exceptions are models which really fit the character's design in the first place. Blaziken Captain Falcon and Gardevoir Zelda for example.
Yeah I didn't like being Scyther either lol. I'm just happy Bizkit uploads tourney sets.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Talk to me about options for a new computer. I really like the freedom a laptop offers, but mine is really beat up and about either 3 or four years old, I can't remember. I could theoretically still use it if I get a desktop which will last me longer. I want a computer that is going to last me for awhile.

I'm willing to invest in upgrading it some past defaults (God, RAM is the first thing I'm getting).

I want to play some games on it, but I'm not a big PC gamer (I prefer console for shooters if that gives you an idea how much I care about PC gaming). I really don't care about playing on high settings. I can live with low end settings and less than perfect FPS. I'm looking to play things ranging from Diablo III to PSO2 to CS:GO to good ole' League of Legends. I would like to be capable of streaming them and still playing.

I would really like to not have to buy a new computer for at least the next five years. Being able to upgrade the video card a few years down the road is imperative because I am ****ing tired of running into that issue with my last two laptops.

I am unwilling to spend a thousand dollars on a computer. I would like to keep it under $800. I can wait a little while on a deal, but I want it soon. DEFINITELY before the year is out. Preferably before November.

Talk to me. Desktop or laptop? Which ones? Why? Give me options for both. Is my price request unrealistic? If so, what should I be thinking?

If I think you are serious and suggesting that I get a Mac, then I will add you to my ignore list. Linux is not something I'm going to run. I am a PC man and will stay a PC man.

The only reason to get a laptop is for being above to move it around. A desktop beats out a laptop in all categories.

Desktops are easier to keep up to date by simply switching out parts as it gets older. Its really easy to switch out the components as well compared to most laptops. There is the benefit of not having to worry about battery life at all and you get a bigger screen. I learned to live with a smaller screen, but its so nice to have a larger resolution. Plus, the hardware on a desktop is generally better than laptops.

It really all comes down to, "Do I need a portable computer?" I'm going back and forth between home and college, so I need a portable computer. I have no idea on PC gaming though. The only gaming I do is running older emulators. And everything from the PS1/N64 era and below runs just fine. Its only with the next generation on a couple of games that I ever ran into a problem with my laptop.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Based on all the things you would like to do, I would highly recommend a desktop. You could probably keep your current laptop running (unless you take it places to do stuff more complicated than basic stuff like going to class, work, etc) and get a decent desktop to do all you gaming/streaming etc or whatever. In a lot of cases you get better value when you buy a desktop because getting a laptop that would do the equivalent of what a desktop with equal specs would do would cost significantly more. You can also upgrade parts as you go much more easily which is always good.

If the tasks you need to do outside of home are more demanding though, thats where a nice laptop would be an advantage. Really, it mostly depends on how often and what you need to use a computer for outside of home if you should get a laptop. Unless you need to go a lot of places though, you'd probably be happier with a laptop.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I feel like Pikachu is only 40-60 and Marth is 45-55.

imo Falco beats Pikachu without the chain grab, which makes the match up not as bad as it should be.

I feel like Marth is slightly stronger than us at mid range giving him the advantage in the match up.

O M geezees Ryker. Its like seeing another Teran again. All that yellow like a bee.

Hey, DEHF, what did you name stand for again, and what do you consider close, middling, and far range? Everyone's always so ambiguous about defining close and middle range.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
close range being where you can jab, grab, ftilt your opponent. mid range being where you're not close enough to grab, jab, ftilt your opponent, but you're not far enough to laser camp.

Keitaro

It stands for Doesn't everyone hate Falco.

I kicked some butt in tourney yesterday guys. I will have videos of it later today.

BSP

Smash Legend
Mad props Keitaro, you went in at LIRR2

edit: I noticed you don't phantasm that much. Is there a reason for that? Don't like it? Don't need to?

Keitaro

Mad props Keitaro, you went in at LIRR2

edit: I noticed you don't phantasm that much. Is there a reason for that? Don't like it? Don't need to?
I almost never phatasm because I kill myself very very often with it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eABc45uEK7I#t=2m45s
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUJ9qeL3wZM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLB395C1CA515093B3#t=4m44s

I've killed myself with it in tourney 6 times this year alone so I decided to stop using it. Works out though cause people always expect the side B and I just laser the hell out of them since they are on the other side of the stage trying to block and punish lol.

There are at least 3 more sets online of me forward Bing to death but I can't remember which ones cause I erased those sets from my mind lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
lol

But like you said, it works out because most people expect it and that gives you free damage.

Those examples you gave Keitaro honestly look like you weren't going for phantasm at all.

The first one looked like you were trying to drop off the platform on BF, and turn around laser and instead got a sideB. If you were going for a cancel on purpose... don't be doing techy stuff that can kill you between stocks.

The one on SV I thought looked like you were going for a double laser, but did a phantasm and cancel at the end. But you might have been going for the ledge on purpose.

Edit: I'll get to those matches in a bit.

Keitaro

You are actually right. On the first match I tried to drop off then phantasm but I did it on the wrong side of the platform and the wrong way lol.

The 2nd one I have no idea what I was thinking. Was a mixture of me thinking I should laser then I tried to just not laser and move to the left but I still pressed B.

lol It seems your problem is with lasers rather than phantasm. I bet if you plan on using phantasm you would never die from it. Its only when you use lasers you die from phantasm.

Lesson: Quit using lasers :p

I have been practicing b-reverse lasers in the air as falco when coming down. Its not as good with the horizontal shift like Snake's, but with how high falco's 2nd jump is and how light he is, I find myself in the air recovering high way too often. Its proven useful a few times except when I kill myself with SideB.

I wonder if 2nd jump b-reversal has any use at all? 0,o

kismet2

Smash Ace
@Xeylode falco's backroll puts you in mid range. the distance it gives you is op. i've never really tried to use b-reversed lasers but I should pick it up since it definitely has it's uses

@Larry yeah the pika/falco matchup isn't that bad at all

@Keitaro it's does lol everyone hates larry's falco <3 and you should try using phantasm more. it's really good at putting you on the other side of the stage, it's a really good reset. you can still use your laser abuse mind games but it helps when you want to get rid of the pressure. also since the lag on it isn't bad you can punish people for trying to punish your phantasm with a jab, dash attack, usmash, another phantasm or you can roll away. don't stop using it because you sd with it lol I feel your pain as do other falcos but limiting the use of phantasm will hurt you sometimes.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Good stuff Keitaro! You should put ftilt in your game more, it'll help you fight MK on the ground. Something else I notice is when MK is dair camping you tend to stay away from him and give him space. You stay close to them while they're in the air, even if you don't do anything they might try to do something that leaves them open for a punish.

And DEHF stands for Does Everyone Hate Falco.

Would Dair be preferable over Bair for those air camping punishes? The spike would be nice, but I'd worry about him getting up off the ground more quickly than I could get back down to the ground? Haven't really tried it much since Bair so good.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yoh Keitaro I've watched your set against Will and you should really practice on those side bees. There were à lot of time when you threw them out mindlessly (like out of habit or something) and it cost you a lot of percents, especially in first game. You still won though so it's K.

Xey I'm not sûre Dair would be that great because you would have to be a lot more precise than with Bair or Nair. Bair gives you à positional adv if you hit with the late part iirc.
And yeah you don't really want to put MK beneath you, especially if you have to go at your FH height to do so.

Keitaro

Thanks a bunch for the advice guys. I will be going over it a lot before this weekend's MK ban tourney in Manhattan.

Hardest people there are Dabuz and Nakat mainly. Nairo is going but I am 2-0 against him this year in MK banned tournies. Vinnie and M2K are in Japan and Anti is going on hiatus till Apex.

Aka time to make some more money ;D

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Thanks a bunch for the advice guys. I will be going over it a lot before this weekend's MK ban tourney in Manhattan.

Hardest people there are Dabuz and Nakat mainly. Nairo is going but I am 2-0 against him this year in MK banned tournies. Vinnie and M2K are in Japan and Anti is going on hiatus till Apex.

Aka time to make some more money ;D
If I can get Dabuz to last stock, low damages in a Money Match, which I lost 3-0.
You certainly can take him.

And for Nakat.. Just remember only one laser will ever be at a height that will hit you.
And that Fox has a worse phantasm than ours. Much worse.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Does anyone have any uses for BDACUS other than after dthrow or SHDL? I'm talking regular uses that are actually logical.

Top Bottom