• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Art Of Link*** Advanced Link Video Guide Made By Izaw

onomatopoiea

Smash Rookie
Yea it's tricky, but cool nevertheless.

I feel like naruto when he first learned the gendenko or whatever it's called.

You run, and press down on the C-stick.

This is the key part.

RIGHT after you hit it down, and I mean RIGHT after, like you have to be super fast, like before Link stars his dash slash animation, you smash up on the control stick while pressing Z.

Once you do it once you'll get the hang of it.
THANKS! This is easily Link's coolest AT!

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Yea definitely.

Now all I have to do is play alot so I can figure out how close I should be when I attempt it, how close, etc.

Unknown17

Smash Ace
Oh my gosh...ur moves in the vid. r awsome!....im really trying to learn them but so far im getting no where *crys*...im trying though...i get confused with the "C " botton thing...do u do them at the same time?...like F-Slash+Bomb....

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
it's kinda instantly, its gotta be swift, down C then right after hold up and press Z, not to difficult once you get the hang of it, I used to be horrible and never could do it but once you get it down it's second nature

the bomb thing is very easy, just hold A while grabbing your bomb and use the stick, but you charge it this way so if you want to use it right away, just flick it once you start the animation, same goes for after a roll, its not hard at all Unknown, you'll get it

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
this is the best character guide i ever seen !!
props to Izaw for this it Rocks!!!

do u Think u could make more character guides like this one?????

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
best Link guide ever. Link is my second favor. Loved the vid

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Love the vid and enjoyed every second of your other movies. Would like to play you, could you send me your MSN through a Private Message? I'm from Europe as well. This will probably make me using Link more often!

Izaw

Smash Ace
No idea, the forum had a refresh or something and it changed. No idea how to change it lol :p

Deva

Smash Lord
Link is moving up the tier lists with these moves!
No, xD, all the tricks we've found are pretty cool, but nothing yet gives Link any match changing advantage. Link's not bad. He's just not as good as the others. He's most likely gonna be low tier again no matter what we do.

D

Deleted member

No, xD, all the tricks we've found are pretty cool, but nothing yet gives Link any match changing advantage. Link's not bad. He's just not as good as the others. He's most likely gonna be low tier again no matter what we do.
maybe so, but me punching sakurai in the face will help me move up the tier list

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Link's bombs, Zair, and smashes automatically make him better.

Runs a little faster too. Edge guarding is MUCH better as well, with the gale defense AND the ZAIR edge hogging.

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
Good guide. Link is one of my six mains, and I found this to be quite helpful. I've only gotten the DAC down though. My Jab cancelling definetely needs work. I still tend to throw out that last A hit every time.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
*sigh*.. I'd be really happy if Link would be mid-tier for once.
When I played Melee I didn't even know there was tiers all I knew was Link was awesome. But now when I play Link in Brawl I get discouraged by what everyone says. Atleast let Link be higher low tier in Brawl..

Anyway the first time I saw this video I was really happy and I tried some of the techniques.
I'm looking forward to seeing videos of full matches from you.

Top Bottom