• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Art Of Link*** Advanced Link Video Guide Made By Izaw

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Aye what happened to the guy who did Hylian Nightmare?? He always posted in the Link threads for Melee, how come he's not here?

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
Germ is no longer a link player ,he got tired of him and went to using wolf ,he said so on a thread on this forum ,dont know witch one was and it was a long time ago.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Germ, that's it, but no...there was someone else...

he made a guide that got stickied for Link, but he didn't have a combo video or anything... He posted alot.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Thats Lord HDL hestill uses Link in melee but he uses marth also as his main in melee. I think he was the best Link in the world, better than the GERM and Aniki. I have played him cause he is from PR just like me. Theres videos of him using Link on youtube you can search for him and he made a combo vid but its really old he got way better than in that vid.

Now in brawl he main MK and uses Ike too. He said he doesnt like the changes Link have in Brawl

Izaw if you have vids of 1 vs 1 please post them or give link please

Hybrid222

Smash Cadet
Amazing vid. I had pretty much given up faith in Link until I found out some great tricks such as these. Kudos. =D

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Thats Lord HDL hestill uses Link in melee but he uses marth also as his main in melee. I think he was the best Link in the world, better than the GERM and Aniki. I have played him cause he is from PR just like me. Theres videos of him using Link on youtube you can search for him and he made a combo vid but its really old he got way better than in that vid.

Now in brawl he main MK and uses Ike too. He said he doesnt like the changes Link have in Brawl

Izaw if you have vids of 1 vs 1 please post them or give link please
Oh okay.

That kinda sucks... lol

And why is everyone "losing faith" and stuff in Link. overrall Link seems more dominant in this game.

His upsmash and bombs are like they were on 64, I think sacrificing the semi spike is worth it.

his upsmash in melee was vomitrocious. I had to deal with that for 6 years, lol.

Also that gale guarding is AMAZING.

but don't tell me link is "low teir" again.

LOL, oh well, that'll make my victories much more gratifying. lol

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't get that. His recovery shizzes all over the melee one.

His Up B height is equal or better, horizontal distance equal or better, his hookshot is easily better(mainly cuz Brawl's tethering as a whole is better)

His bomb are EASILY better.

Boomerangs debatable, but still useful in very strategic ways.

Spin Attack is of course, less useful/

Usmash LEAGUES better, I hated the Melee U smash with a passion, complete crap.

Except for the spin attack, everything else is equal or superior.

Even taunts, voice, colors, everything. lol

Oh well, let em leave.

i'll be Hypa-Link till I die.

It's prolly cuz they are so used to melee Link. Cuz they seem to take an equal amount of practice to me.

It's just we've been USED to a certain way so long.

I'm gonna turn 20 in a month, and technically I've used Melee Link since 8th grade.

I just like change(Especially when most are positive)

Deva

Smash Lord
Link is garbage in general. His recovery has no chance compared to what it was in melee. He can't air dodge to hook shot. That alone makes his recovery horrible. On top of that, it can only grab the sweet spot, so he can't recover below the stage as well. Along without being able to bomb jump, his recovery options are very limited, and ompered to the recoveries of all the other characters, it's really bad.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Deva sorry my mistake maybe I confused you with other link combo vid or something I cant really remember that is why I told you to post some vids. In regarding to link in brawl he has more range and speed in attacks also his up smash is good but as mentioned above his recovery suck his up B suck is almost unworthy to do it from shield also his down B cant really be done safe out of shield, I really dont like the gale boomerang, his fair is not good at all and he cant presurre like before in certain way for example if your oponent is in front of and you to the neutral A attack in brawl you can only hit the first 2 hits cause if you do the 3rd he can punish you. in melee you could continue taping A forcing the oponent to roll back.

Mostly his recovery and up B got nerfed

Legan

Smash Lord
Deva sorry my mistake maybe I confused you with other link combo vid or something I cant really remember that is why I told you to post some vids. In regarding to link in brawl he has more range and speed in attacks also his up smash is good but as mentioned above his recovery suck his up B suck is almost unworthy to do it from shield also his down B cant really be done safe out of shield, I really dont like the gale boomerang, his fair is not good at all and he cant presurre like before in certain way for example if your oponent is in front of and you to the neutral A attack in brawl you can only hit the first 2 hits cause if you do the 3rd he can punish you. in melee you could continue taping A forcing the oponent to roll back.

Mostly his recovery and up B got nerfed
His upsmash is not as good as it seems, If staled even slightly it wont kill until rediculous percentages The gale boomerang and his fair are 2 of the best things about him actually. Your probably just using them completely wrong. The neutral A isnt great but thats where jab cancelling comes in handy.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
His hookshot is definitely better as an offensive move in this game, but as a recovery, it's one of the crappier tether recoveries in the game..
The tether recovery system is worse for Link in this game. In Melee, his hookshot could save him in a lot of situations, but it's useless now.

Link is bottom tier in this game <_<

Force

Smash Apprentice
his recovery sucks, people learn that you can chase him off the map go to a nair and ledgeguard and the hitbox of the up-B never spikes them when you are trying for the ledge really hard, the hitbox and the height on his up-B are both bad, if it werent for that link would be insane in this game.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
His hookshot is definitely better as an offensive move in this game, but as a recovery, it's one of the crappier tether recoveries in the game..
The tether recovery system is worse for Link in this game. In Melee, his hookshot could save him in a lot of situations, but it's useless now.

Link is bottom tier in this game <_<
There have been many times in Brawl I stayed on the course with the hookshot, where on melee I would've died.

Zair alone makes Brawl Link @ the LEAST as good as the Melee Link.

The only thing that's worse is the Spin Attack.

onomatopoiea

Smash Rookie
I tried all of these out!

A bunch were useful, some I thought were unnecessary. My favorites are Zair and Galeguarding.

But could you specify the timing on the sliding-UpSmash (DAC)? I can't get it to work...

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
I tried all of these out!

A bunch were useful, some I thought were unnecessary. My favorites are Zair and Galeguarding.

But could you specify the timing on the sliding-UpSmash (DAC)? I can't get it to work...
Yea it's tricky, but cool nevertheless.

I feel like naruto when he first learned the gendenko or whatever it's called.

You run, and press down on the C-stick.

This is the key part.

RIGHT after you hit it down, and I mean RIGHT after, like you have to be super fast, like before Link stars his dash slash animation, you smash up on the control stick while pressing Z.

Once you do it once you'll get the hang of it.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Izaw it been a while scince you posted do you have any vid of 1 vs 1 of you using link that way I can study those fights to become better link. Deva this includes you too

CHerring

Smash Apprentice
Izaw I'm with Fox. I saw that you are making a "Linkaggedon" video. When do you think you'll have that out? I can't wait to see it.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
I Don't belive this!!! you make link look like he should. A BEAST

Force

Smash Apprentice
his recovery sucks, people learn that you can chase him off the map go to a nair and ledgeguard and the hitbox of the up-B never spikes them when you are trying for the ledge really hard, the hitbox and the height on his up-B are both bad, if it werent for that link would be insane in this game.
I may have to take this back one day^^
I thought of something strange but now that link has AT's that allow him to do everything he could do normally with a bomb in his hand except uptilt and forward tilt.... maybe between his ability to clawshot recovery after a 300% fully charged downsmash from fox and his ability to keep a bomb on his person at all times his recovery will get better as people start to get insane with him. maybe every n-air and F-air done with link while on his killing approach should be done after a bombdrop-canceled. maybe every Z-air should be done after a dodge(while holding a bomb) maybe there is a style with link that has not been invented yet that makes his recovery good??? just food for thought. i've been playing with this notion for a bit and its kinda fun to juggle bombs the whole game

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Yah i know link is my second favor and i thought that he was better on malee but when i saw this i was amazed.But main is Fox

Top Bottom