• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Art Of Link*** Advanced Link Video Guide Made By Izaw

Bouse

Smash Ace
That would be like... someone writing an essay about disturbed youths, then someone writing an essay about disturbed teenage youth. It's the same **** thing, you just added a short section at the end!

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
yah shud of asked 1st ~~ sry bout that...

and its nothing like someone writing an essay about disturbed teenage youth.... just look at the context of why i made the guide and you'd understand :bee:

anyways if it helps some people which it clearly has done then im happy.. so flame all you want ppl are still getting something out of it :)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
yah shud of asked 1st ~~ sry bout that...

and its nothing like someone writing an essay about disturbed teenage youth.... just look at the context of why i made the guide and you'd understand :bee:

anyways if it helps some people which it clearly has done then im happy.. so flame all you want ppl are still getting something out of it :)
Its a comparison. I lol'd at the whole guide while watching. It was almost the same thing as Izaw's except for T. Link. :p

"Zair-> Hyphen Smash"

LOL

T. Link = no DAC

D

Deleted member

wow that TL guide just made me lose all respect for all TL mains

Deva

Smash Lord
Izaw, why not make a new guide with the kinks fixed like jab canceling, and some new content, that would be awesome.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Hmm.. maybe..

Not sure right now, since I'm really busy with school and other stuff, but maybe ;o

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
Izaw, your Link is amazing. I learned all my combos from you, and I used to be a horrible Link user, but now I can beat even the toughest players :). Thanks for sharing your Link insight with everyone!

surferguy

Smash Rookie
wow i thought i new most things bout link but alotta dose things i had no idea were possible dat dac thing looks usefull though it sorta reminded me of wavedashing great vid dat **** was very informative

QingXin

Smash Cadet
Oh my God, I love you Izaw. Play me. Nao.

:D :D

Oh... and not to be picky or anything but... There's some typos in the video... Just say o_o

SB381

Smash Rookie
Meh Link's been modeled after yours from the start. Your style of play just doesn't wanna grow on me though. But I got a question do you find Instant Frame DAC's to be the best or Dash assisted DAC's? Just wondering...the Dash gives you more distance but the Instant frame is more of a surprise in my opinion. Oh and nice Smash Tourney in Germany I cracked up at the GHAY! Part XD Beastly vids and hopefully you can beat serpit another time -.- Oh and Gold Tunic ftw...

thebebop

Smash Rookie
Hey Izaw thanks for the tips. I've been through wolf, sonic, and metaknight as potential mains.. and I think I'm going to try Link because of your vids. I'm never satisfied with one character... but If I can utilize these "arts" properly... I think Link will suit my adapted style of play nicely. Thanks =)

Abyss Master

Smash Rookie
Through this I learned how to use DACUS and Zair properly. Still have some trouble with getting the bombs right, but I'm still improving.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Dang lol. This vid gets so many questions in the comments on Youtube. O_o It's nuts. I answered them but dang, I couldn't get em all.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
What's so special about QDA? The tutorial says it's faster....although I sure as hell don't see how it is. Anyone care to go in depth about it that does notice it when they personally use it in battle.

D

Deleted member

QDA allows you to do a dash attack on the first few frames of the dash animation

it is possible to dash attack just as quickly without the cstick but since you can't do a running dsmash anymore it just makes it quicker

as for use in battle.....the dash attack is pretty **** punishable so i try not to use it, i just craq walk around and zair lol

sasook

Smash Champion
The dash attack can be used when the opponent is too far to fsmash. It just barely outranges it.

sasook

Smash Champion
I think the reason was like a lot of stuff is very known now or something *shrug* it was a good video if you ask me.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
I understand the reason why this would be unstickied (very known techniques, video link included in other stickies, techniques discussed in other stickies), but for the record, I liked it as a sticky because it was kind of the crown jewel of the Link boards...oh well...

Hey Izaw, when you gonna drop magnum the art of link 2 on us, buddy?

Also: Whoever got this unstickied, can you please do the same for "Weekly Character Discussion: Link" thanks.

D

Deleted member

what the ƒuck? who the ƒuck unstickied this?

god **** mods are pissing me off

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Well it's in the video archive; why would we use up a sticky for this?
No offense to Izaw, it's still the best video ever. But you see my logic behind it right?

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
It is sure to get re-stickied again (hopefully). Makes no sense why in the first place. <_<

D

Deleted member

god ****, Deva is right, 90% of link mains have fcking ADD

STAY ON SUBJECT FOOLS

the subject is unholy rage torward the mods

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Ya Mods.....If you are listening....Where ever you are. Please know what you are doing......BEFORE you do it.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I support the decision to remove the sticky from this thread.
We have an Official Link Video Archive. I agree that this is an amazing video, but why does it need its own topic?

Top Bottom