• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Fools! Dont you get it?

There is no tier list. It all depends how skilled you are.
I hate when people say ******** things like this. There are cases where you have to be vastly better than someone to beat them if the matchup is bad enough. And certain characters have more favorable matchups. Hence tiers do exist.

Echoist

Smash Apprentice
Just curious...why is Ganon below Mario? If you look at phanna's match up chart, Ganon has far better matchups than Mario. :S

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Just curious...why is Ganon below Mario? If you look at phanna's match up chart, Ganon has far better matchups than Mario. :S
I think its because Phanna's match up chart isn't completly accurate. It's a good reference but it's not the be all end all of character matchups.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Fools! Dont you get it?

There is no tier list. It all depends how skilled you are.
I think we should adopt the SRK method when people come into our forums saying absurd things like this.

I believe the first step is everyone getting together and rubbing their cocks together, then we cooperatively neg rep, then we flame the **** out of them till they either a) concede and adopt our point of view b) concede and stop posting or c) concede and commit suicide.

I think C is normally the goal of SRK members, but we should shoot for either a or b in most cases.

Binx

Smash Master
I agree, there is no use doing a tier list of the charaters if you are going to base it on tournoments (PLAYER ABILITIES)
I agree, its also pointless to base tiers on tournament results that are so old, Falco does not take first often anymore, people know how to get around his lasers they didnt then, I think he should be moved down to 4th and just knock the other ones up, go ahead and tie marth and fox for God tier and place shiek falco peach in high tier so we can get people to stop complaining.

Skler

Smash Master
Peach is at a disadvantage vs fox, marth, shiek, and good spammers such as samus ylink link, otherwise she does even and in lots of cases way better than something like i dunno.... all of the rest of the cast.
Link? Advantage against Peach? You should probably have knowledge of a matchup before you say something about it.

Binx

Smash Master
Link? Advantage against Peach? You should probably have knowledge of a matchup before you say something about it.
Sorry I wasnt quite clear, I meant to say she has a tough/annoying time with projectile spammers, I hear that Y-link is one of her worst match's but I havnt actually seen any sort of **** to lead me to believe its true. But yeah man thinks for calling me on the BS =) was worded poorly.

I figured link could throw out some pretty good spam. Any good peaches want to elaborate before I stick my foot in my mouth again?

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Sorry I wasnt quite clear, I meant to say she has a tough/annoying time with projectile spammers, I hear that Y-link is one of her worst match's but I havnt actually seen any sort of **** to lead me to believe its true. But yeah man thinks for calling me on the BS =) was worded poorly.

I figured link could throw out some pretty good spam. Any good peaches want to elaborate before I stick my foot in my mouth again?
the matchup with link is even...and young link is not a counter. just an annoying matchup

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sigh, shouldn't the level of difficulty to preform a powershield with be thrown into the equation? Peach COUNTERS projectile spammers. Anyone who says differently either can't, or hasn't played, a smart Peach player.

Thus is why I think Capt. Falcon should be below Samus in the Tier List. In order to powershield consistently with him you must either face away from your opponent or have a completely full shield.

Other then that I feel the Tier List is very accurate.

Hax

Smash Champion
UndrDog said:
Sigh, shouldn't the level of difficulty to preform a powershield with be thrown into the equation? Peach COUNTERS projectile spammers. Anyone who says differently either can't, or hasn't played, a smart Peach player.
peach doesn't counter projectile-spammers, otherwise peach's would **** campy foxes which they obviously don't.

Thus is why I think Capt. Falcon should be below Samus in the Tier List. In order to powershield consistently with him you must either face away from your opponent or have a completely full shield.
iirc the tier list is based on tournament results. whether someone believes a certain character is better than the tier list depicts doesn't even matter, samus' haven't been placing well in tournies lately; falcons have actually been doing quite well (for example, jiano at pound).

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sigh, I suppose I'm still stuck in the old mentality of potential rather then tournament results.

And secondly I've never seen a good Campy Fox. Nor have I ever lost to any as Peach. Spamming characters will simply have their projectiles sent back at them if they try to go at Peach like that. However I admit that Poweshielding Fox's laser isn't that beneficial, Fox is above Peach for a reason. He's got the most potential in the game. Spamming aside you can't expect a huge Peach over Fox ratio.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Fox isn't supposed to camp. Camping fox = garbage fox. I guess camping as fox is fine vs an unfairly slow character like peach etc. And I don't think fox is unable to camp, I just think that he is much better being aggressive.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
A Fox that's not 100% aggressive is a dead Fox. At least against my Peach. And as for projectiles spamming characters, spamming at me would only serve to hurt themselves.

Falco's can't SHFFL.
Docs and Samus' can't make me come to them.
Links and Young Links can waste all the time they want running around me and spamming at me.
Even Sheik's needles and Fox's lasers can be easily powershielded.

I don't see why so much priority is being given to spammers in this situation.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

The whole Y.Link and Link vs Peach matchup used to be well known as a matchup in the Links favor about a year ago. However, people began to notice that Peach can out-camp the Links (turnips>bombs and arrows), so the whole issue if there spam no longer exists. It's more of an even matchup or a tad bit in Peach's favor.
Turnips ftw

Cort

Apple Head
Dayum, UndrDog. Not even I can power shield every single one of Fox's lasers/the Link's bombs/rangs/every Doc Pill.

Camping is the only way to be good in this game.

Whether or not you're doing it from a very safe distance and spamming your head off and looking dumb for 30 seconds or right in front of your opponents face for half a second doesn't really matter. One might be easier/prolong the match more, but whatever works for you.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Define camping then. Camping is basically hiding yourself at a safe distance from your opponent and preventing them from gaining ground on you. We were referring to camping as a primary strategy, not something that you do by default as part of your game.

And I never said I could prevent all of Fox's lasers. Their just not worth trying to avoid. Just charge and stay aggressive versus him. Most Fox's advance on you as the shoot anyway.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
isn't camping the spamming a move out of the opponents reach to put them into a position that benefits your character

Aesir

Smash Master
^ No >_>

camping is the act of waiting out the opponite till they make an action then reacting to it accordingly.

Marths dash dance camping you dash dance they try and hit you it fails you grab them. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom