• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It should be obvious I didn't mean fully approach your opponent with the SHFFL...

Brookman

Smash Hero
It should be obvious to you, cause that's what you're thinking (maybe). That's like, middle school ****.

Cort

Apple Head
I find camping and waiting both serve the same purpose of greatly increasing the chance your opponent will mess up and allow you to punish them.

How long you spend doing it doesn't matter.

Did I ever also mention that waiting is the epitome of this game?

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Anyone who thinks it's stupid for Fox to camp is not too smart.

Campy Foxes destroy Peach and go even with Marth.

Fox is able to camp and apply pressure at the same time.

Why would Fox not want to camp?

It's the safest thing to do.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Campy foxes go even with marth? As in, fox loses to marth otherwise?

I think we all agree on the whole camping thing, it's just that our terms are different.

Cort

Apple Head
Good thing you're Doodah and your opinion on matchups and this game in general mean as little to nothing as possible. Did you just get unbanned?

Binx

Smash Master
I find camping and waiting both serve the same purpose of greatly increasing the chance your opponent will mess up and allow you to punish them.

How long you spend doing it doesn't matter.

Did I ever also mention that waiting is the epitome of this game?
Tell that to Ken lol, I understand that he is just camping while attacking randomly and safely.

Anyone who thinks it's stupid for Fox to camp is not too smart.

Campy Foxes destroy Peach and go even with Marth.

Fox is able to camp and apply pressure at the same time.

Why would Fox not want to camp?

It's the safest thing to do.
Fox's lasers for damage don't matter, UnderDog was saying when a fox spams him he approaches... that is exactly why they spam you, the differense is, if you never approach then they get to spam you for the entire match, if you do approach you are at a disadvantage because the spammer is choosing the area you guys are going to fight in, and you are probably going to attack first giving him the ability to avoid and punish.

So in other words I agree

Good thing you're Doodah and your opinion on matchups and this game in general mean as little to nothing and possible. Did you just get unbanned?
LOL quote for life.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
See, now that's where you're wrong.

In the end, I'm always right.

Just like when this tier list was made.

Everything I said came true.

But, since all you East Coast and Mid West losers are too busy sucking PC and Drephens d!ck, you don't realize the bigger picture.

And besides, you guys fail at life and your only friends are smashboards members.

Plus you look like a complete doofus cort.

Brookman

Smash Hero
He's not been proven wrong at all.

It's a lot like that rule that makes your argument better the more random people agree with you.

The greater the insult, the more valid your point becomes. It's pretty commonly used in political campaigns. See the last score of elections.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I dunno why they would part marth at the top now. I mean, Ken had been pretty much winning all the tournaments before with marth, but sheik was on top then. Aside from falco potentially moving down and unimportant low/mid tier changes I don't see the top changing that much. Maybe fox/sheik/marth should be put back into the top tier though. I don't really know.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol, wanna see a luigi that pwns all, ka-master FTW!!!!!

but everyone already knew that:(

Brookman

Smash Hero
The thing about characters moving up is that characters above them go down. So even if you think luigi is better than people think, the question is whether or not he is better than the people above him. In this case, Luigi is not. However, I do think DK should move to the top of low tier, or right below link maybe.

Cort

Apple Head
Tiers don't really depend on the player and have nothing to do with how skillful someone is. People that don't "believe" in something that is inevitable in any fighting game with different characters need to realize this.

D20

Smash Lord
I guess I'll throw in my two cents...

Jigglypuff should be switched with Dr. Mario.

Link and Young Link should be bottom tier, along with Kirby, Pichu, and Bowser. I believe that characters such as Zelda, DK, and Mewtwo are more playable at the highest levels of play. At least there are pros that use those characters and have the potential to win bigger tournaments.

Seriously, who uses Link? He sucks. Just because he is a likable character doesn't make him top of the Low Tier. Please, don't name any Japanese pros that use Link, cause we have no idea how they would actually measure up.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I think Luigi should be moved back up to the top of low tier above Link, but I don't think he's quite good enough to go above Ganon on the tiers list. Ganon is definitely above low tier, so the problem w/ Luigi moving too far up, is Ganon moving further down.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
God Tier:Mewtwo(Points At Taj)

Top Tier:
Marth
Fox
Falco

High Tier:
Sheik
Peach

Middle Tier:
Captain Falcon