• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demongod86

Smash Apprentice
They were the best players back in there time, this is now a new era where the top players period (M2K, PC, and KDJ) use Fox, Falco, Sheik, and Marth.

DBR sucks lol, but anyways, M2K and KDJ use Sheik and (like I just mentioned) they are top players.

Ummm...no? They are just a harder to edgeguard lol
And, sure, recovery is important, but it doesn't matter "that much". Look at the space animals and Sheik lmao. What really matters is how good a character is when on the stage.

You can DI >.>
1) I think Ken and Isai would still **** face if they played today.

2) Zelgadis, DSF, Bob$, SS, and King are the tourney-worthy DBR players, and so, they are the ones I'm talking about.

3) Recovery absolutely matters. It can make or break a character. If captain falcon had a godly recovery, he'd probably be rated hands down better than fox.

4) As for what you can do after a raptor boost, I meant when YOU do it, not when you're hit by it. Like you can Up B after Luigi's or Pika's, but not after the raptor boost, which is really gay IMO given that falcon's recovery is his achilles heel.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
M2K, PC Chris, KDJ>Ken and Isai, end of story
2) Zelgadis, DSF, Bob$, SS, and King are the tourney-worthy DBR players, and so, they are the ones I'm talking about.
You seem to of miss my post of where I mention that some of the members of DBR are great players. Nevertheless, the top players>>>DBR, there's a good number of pros who make fun of DBR lol.
PS, Zelgadis sucks
3) Recovery absolutely matters. It can make or break a character. If captain falcon had a godly recovery, he'd probably be rated hands down better than fox.
DUDE, I SAID RECOVERY IS IMPORTANT. But guess what, Captain Falcon is STILL HIGHER THAN MOST OF THE CHARACTERS IN THE GAME WITH HIS BAD RECOVERY.
Wanna know why? Because he's soooo beastly on stage.

PLEASE, explain why Falco is so high despite his recovery?????
4) As for what you can do after a raptor boost, I meant when YOU do it, not when you're hit by it. Like you can Up B after Luigi's or Pika's, but not after the raptor boost, which is really gay IMO given that falcon's recovery is his achilles heel.
You totally made it clear in your post :laugh:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The level of stupid makes me sad :(

As for the tiers they don't exist srsly

Bowser is too good and i mean i just **** with him

People that listen to tiers just think they are good cause their character is number one, i'll school everyone with pichu.

whatwhatwhatwhatwhat

Smash Apprentice
M2K, PC Chris, KDJ>Ken and Isai, end of story
Chu exists. And KDJ missed OC3, FCD, Pound 2, and the Evos. (every big tourney in the past 4 months)

Also, saying Ken can't compete with any of the top players anymore is stupid. 4th at OC3 ain't bad. Neither is 1st at Evo World, which had absolutely the biggest turnout for any smash tourney ever.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
PLEASE, explain why Falco is so high despite his recovery?????
It's tough to say, really... even PC says that Falco sucks compared to Fox. I'm not (completely) saying he doesn't deserve the spot, I'm just noting that a lot of pro's have disowned Falco a bit.

Binx

Smash Master

Ken got first place at EVO world.

germ has gotten a lot better. hes plays smarter now.

marth
fox
falco
sheik
peach
CF

dose anyone disagree?
I disagree with the tier part

Fox
Marth
Sheik
Falco
Peach
IC

It's tough to say, really... even PC says that Falco sucks compared to Fox. I'm not (completely) saying he doesn't deserve the spot, I'm just noting that a lot of pro's have disowned Falco a bit.
I think the game has gone so far that characters with more potential are actually the best finally, Fox's used to lose pretty badly to falcos but with experience with correct DI, shine gimp kills, fox's superior speed its more even now than ever. Also there are a lot more people who know how to get around lasers, and how to avoid being pillar'd, and people understand how to combo falco now and gimp his recovery really badly.

I think in a few more years the only playable character might be fox simply because he is so much faster.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
It's not johns. It's just the truth. Bad matchups exist.
There can be bad matchups, but I still hear character johns.

Even Mew2King who uses the 2 best characters in the game has something gripe about, even when he wins.

The top 5 can beat each other just fine, with Falcon doing ok vs the 5.

They all can win.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Chu exists. And KDJ missed OC3, FCD, Pound 2, and the Evos. (every big tourney in the past 4 months)
Alot of people exist lol, I was just naming the top 3. And nevertheless people such as M2K still tell me that KDJ is still 3rd because despite his absence.
Also, saying Ken can't compete with any of the top players anymore is stupid.
Quote me where I said that....
All I'm saying is that the whole "Ken and Isai" thing=the past. They aren't on top anymore. M2K, PC, KDJ, and Chu (in that order) are.
4th at OC3 ain't bad. Neither is 1st at Evo World, which had absolutely the biggest turnout for any smash tourney ever.
lol, I'm well aware of how well he's been doing sir.

edit: my 4433th post :) (funny number)

Brookman

Smash Hero
m2k might makes johns, but at the end of the day all he does (along with all the other top players) is improve, which is all that matters.

Even though I think kdj has pretty much completely lost interest in melee he is still the man and is definitely just smart and perfectly technical.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
There can be bad matchups, but I still hear character johns.

Even Mew2King who uses the 2 best characters in the game has something gripe about, even when he wins.

The top 5 can beat each other just fine, with Falcon doing ok vs the 5.

They all can win.
Falcon does well against Marth and Peach. Fox and Sheik beat him pretty badly. Falco beats him to a lesser extent. I have no interest in arguing with you about this.

The top 4 are definitely in a league of their own. Falcon and Peach are good, but not good enough.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I remember, a few pages back, when this topic was actually getting decent. Too bad the flood of stupid began again.

*high fives all around*

Brookman

Smash Hero
Betrayed, I already established that you don't actually know anything about this game, please keep any opinions you may have about the game or the way it's supposed to be played to yourself.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Seeing as you obviously have nothing substantial to add to the discussion, would you mind not jerking off all over this thread? Thanks.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
And I'm sure that's not because of misguided souls like yourself ****ing it up amirite?

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Find one post in this topic by me before page 244-245, if you can. Anything of value in this thread was discussed LONG AGO, this topic should have been locked LONG AGO. You honostly didn't realize how bad topics like this turn? Honostly...

Brookman

Smash Hero
discussion is only as good as people discussing.

Hey look, people like betrayed and doodah. Go figure.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Find one post in this topic by me before page 244-245, if you can. Anything of value in this thread was discussed LONG AGO, this topic should have been locked LONG AGO. You honostly didn't realize how bad topics like this turn? Honostly...
I actually said that this thread should be locked, but seeing as that clearly isn't going to happen, we may as well make the most of it. Right?

Also, I didn't say or even suggest that you ruined this thread single-handedly. I only implied that it was the work of posters with mentalities similar to your own. If you really think this thread is trash and nothing good can come of it, just don't bother posting. Personally, I believe that there's still something to be discussed here.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Let's just pretend the previous 15 posts never happened.

If this thread doesn't stop sucking, RAPIDLY, I'm giving it the ol' lockdown.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Maybe lock down would be a good idea, temporarily. Clear the air, then maybe we can get back to discussing how bad peach/falcon are vs. everyone above them.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Bahamut: Is that even Bahamut in your sig?

Looks like Ultima Weapon to me. >_>

On Topic: Brookman is funny. But he is also a killjoy. Lighten up. lolz. And uhhhhh Fox is better then Marth. Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom