• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
DK's recovery isn't even bad. He's the second heaviest character in the game; you'll live forever with good DI. Unlike Doc, aggressive edgeguarding doesn't destroy his recovery. The two recoveries aren't comparable.

Both characters have good grab games, but DK's is simply better, due to certain tools -- a faster ground speed, a longer grab range, a longer dash-dance -- and more devastating combos on ALL fastfallers and semi-fastfallers.

Doc, however, wins in the versatility department. Doc is relatively flexible; he isn't really limited to a specific set of moves. Donkey Kong's arsenal, in any given situation, is limited to very few; b-air, grab + u-air, and up+B often encompass 80%+ of his game.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If that's the case, Kyu Puff, which do you value more? Doc's more flexible, sure, but DK is better at what he does and comes equipped with better tools (although in exchange he has fewer usable moves than Doc).

Personally I think if Jigglypuff has taught us anything it's quite possible to make a character with only 5-7 moves if those moves interact very positively with one another.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
If that's the case, Kyu Puff, which do you value more? Doc's more flexible, sure, but DK is better at what he does and comes equipped with better tools (although in exchange he has fewer usable moves than Doc).

Personally I think if Jigglypuff has taught us anything it's quite possible to make a character with only 5-7 moves if those moves interact very positively with one another.
I think Falcon is a better example. His usable moveset list is pretty **** limited, but it works. :chuckle:

Grunt

Smash Master
Doc's more flexible, sure, but DK is better at what he does and comes equipped with better tools (although in exchange he has fewer usable moves than Doc).
It's like...
would you rather have an assortment of 100 different firearms,
Or a nuclear missile?

I'd take the nuke.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
There is only 1 placement that I haven't seen disagreed with. And that is Falco being #4. Kind of funny that's the only thing everyone seems to agree upon. If anything it's more justification for Falco being alone in an "Upper Tier" between Top and High. He's obviously a step below Fox/Sheik/Marth and a step above Peach/Falcon/ICs/Jiggs.

Fletch

Smash Master
No...actually, Falcon does only have a few moves to use. His usable moveset compared to...

Marth, who has about 1 unusable move, or Sheik who can pretty much use everything...yeah. Don't forget Fox McCloud, he who doesn't have a single bad move. ;D
All of Falcon's aerials are very useful, he has a use for all of his smashes, the only non-usable move that he really has is Falcon Kick, which I admit sucks... but at least it can be used for recovery. And as previously mentioned, Fox's fair is awful. As a Fox main, I'd rather have his fair never come out, as it kills me by mistake more than it could ever actually help.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
AAGH! Why does this page STILL have the extra 2 pagees glitch.
It's because Brawl's made us all too slow to keep up with stimulating Melee discussion.

Somewhere on the next page Mew2king, DaShizWiz and Mango are discussing the new tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom