• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero

Marth
Fox
Sheik

High

Falco
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers

Middle

Jigglypuff
Samus
Ganon
Doc
Mario
DK
Luigi
Link

Low

Pikachu
Roy
Young Link
Yoshi
Game and Watch
Zelda
Ness

Bottom

Bowser
Kirby
Mewtwo
Pichu

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Can Win (in no particular order)

Marth
Fox
Sheik
Falco

Can't

Everybody else

**** Garbage

Kirby

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
On a side note, have you guys seen the part of the marth vs fox discussion in character specific where Magus states that in frame perfect play, Bowser and Fox are god tier, followed by Falco, then everybody else? This is because bowser and fox have perfect edge-stalling capabilities and two of the fastest moves in the game... I would trust Magus on this >___>

I just wanted to point that out in hopes of convincing you guys that "perfect potential" is a stupid thing to discuss (although "current metagame potential" is valid).

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Can Win (in no particular order)

Marth
Fox
Sheik
Falco

Can't

Everybody else

**** Garbage

Kirby
Wow, I agree.

Except, maybe make a " Can win sometimes" with only Peach there.

Haha, I'm not sure if you're talking about how you vehemently denied Fox being better than Sheik for like a ****ing year.
I never said Shiek was better than Fox.

I said Fox is not a Shiek counter and that Shiek needs to be moved to top with Falco and Fox as well as Marth.

Even though she probably is "if played perfectly".

LOL.

Demongod86

Smash Apprentice
Top tier:
Fox, Falcon, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Samus, Peach in no particular order.

Frankly I don't think that any of these character matchups favor one or the other to such a great extent that there is a clear distinction.

1) Do I have to mention that the best players to ever play SSBM played Falcon and Marth?
2) Do I have to mention that DBR's best player mains Sheik (DSF), and that Japan's best player (Captain Jack) mains Sheik?
3) The space animal duo is self-explanatory, but they're not without their weaknesses. In fact, just as they can shine-cheese Falcon and Sheik, Falcon and Sheik are not without their distinct anti-space animal advantages in the form of such ridiculousness as knees from a much lower %, or needle-cheese on the recovery.
4) Peach and Samus are there because their recoveries basically force you to boot them out of the stage rather than edge-guard them, which adds a sick amount of staying power.

That said, I have no idea why Falcon's raptor boost leaves you unable to do anything else afterwards...

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Top tier:
Fox, Falcon, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Samus, Peach in no particular order.

Frankly I don't think that any of these character matchups favor one or the other to such a great extent that there is a clear distinction.

1) Do I have to mention that the best players to ever play SSBM played Falcon and Marth?
2) Do I have to mention that DBR's best player mains Sheik (DSF), and that Japan's best player (Captain Jack) mains Sheik?
3) The space animal duo is self-explanatory, but they're not without their weaknesses. In fact, just as they can shine-cheese Falcon and Sheik, Falcon and Sheik are not without their distinct anti-space animal advantages in the form of such ridiculousness as knees from a much lower %, or needle-cheese on the recovery.
4) Peach and Samus are there because their recoveries basically force you to boot them out of the stage rather than edge-guard them, which adds a sick amount of staying power.

That said, I have no idea why Falcon's raptor boost leaves you unable to do anything else afterwards...
Frankly, you are wrong.

Falcon is quite bad against spacies. The fact that isai played falcon and won with him before the metagame became well developed is irrelevant.
Peach is decent but she doesn't quite get there, and she has nothing against a good marth.
Same for samus. Recovery hardly matters when the top tier characters have insane KOing power (marth's spike/tipper, fox's vertical kills).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
They were the best players back in there time, this is now a new era where the top players period (M2K, PC, and KDJ) use Fox, Falco, Sheik, and Marth.
DBR sucks lol, but anyways, M2K and KDJ use Sheik and (like I just mentioned) they are top players.
Ummm...no? They are just a harder to edgeguard lol
And, sure, recovery is important, but it doesn't matter "that much". Look at the space animals and Sheik lmao. What really matters is how good a character is when on the stage.
You can DI >.>

mog87

Smash Ace
I think one could make more of an argument of King or Silentspectre being the best in dbr. Regardless the rest dont suck but demonsgod seems to be stuck in 2004-5.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
They were the best players back in there time, this is now a new era where the top players period (M2K, PC, and KDJ) use Fox, Falco, Sheik, and Marth.

DBR sucks lol, but anyways, M2K and KDJ use Sheik and (like I just mentioned) they are top players.

Ummm...no? They are just a harder to edgeguard lol
And, sure, recovery is important, but it doesn't matter "that much". Look at the space animals and Sheik lmao. What really matters is how good a character is when on the stage.

You can DI >.>
Pretty much the only thing you got right was your first sentence.

DBR sucks? So I guess SS, DSF, King, Bob$, and GERM all suck? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Recovery IS important. Fox and Sheik actually do have really good recoveries, especially if you know how to DI for survival.

And raptor boost is basically a free hit no matter the DI (assuming you're at a % where raptor boost would combo ordinarily in the first place). You can DI so you take a uair or bair instead of a knee, but it's still a free hit.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
DBR sucks? So I guess SS, DSF, King, Bob$, and GERM all suck? You have no idea what you're talking about.
You took what I said to literally. The only good people are SS, DSF, and King :laugh: (which everyone already know's, so I didn't even bother mentioning them..all well known players and I personally <3 King). The thing is that he said "best Sheik in DBR". Now tell me, how much does that term mean when we're talking other players such as Ken, Isai, Mew2king, etc.?

...exactly

BY THE WAY, I love how you didn't even mention all of DBR ^_^
Recovery IS important.
LOL
And, sure, recovery is important
I love people who can't read ^_^
Fox and Sheik actually do have really good recoveries, especially if you know how to DI for survival.
Um...you can know how to DI for survival for any character....
But yeah, who's easier to edgeguard? Space animals or Samus? lol

Anyways, I said recovery IS important....but how good a character is on stage is more important since there's others with better recovery than the top characters.
*cough* Falco

So Hyuga, if you were to disargee with me, that means you think that recovery>what a character can do on stage. So...wth??? I'll just assume you didn't understand what I meant/didn't bother reading.
And raptor boost is basically a free hit no matter the DI (assuming you're at a % where raptor boost would combo ordinarily in the first place). You can DI so you take a uair or bair instead of a knee, but it's still a free hit.
Ok? DI=being able to do something else lol. Btw, I wasn't assuming you're at the right %, I'm talking in general.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
You took what I said to literally. The only good people are SS, DSF, and King :laugh: (which everyone already know's, so I didn't even bother mentioning them..all well known players and I personally <3 King). The thing is that he said "best Sheik in DBR". Now tell me, how much does that term mean when we're talking other players such as Ken, Isai, Mew2king, etc.?
Not that many ways to interpret "DBR sucks lol." And Bob$ and GERM are very good despite what you may think. I can't think of a better Doc or Link, but let's not have that discussion now.

And as for saying "best sheik in DBR," I never argued with you about that in the first place so I dunno what you're trying to prove to me or why you felt the need to say "exactly..." I probably even argeed with you to begin with. Again, no point in having a discussion about that, just wanted to clarify.

BY THE WAY, I love how you didn't even mention all of DBR ^_^
Zel is currently inactive, and Hella, while good, is not quite on the level of the rest, but he certainly doesn't suck. Even so, having 5 excellent players (or even only 3 according to you), there is no basis for saying they "suck" at all.

I love people who can't read ^_^
Your sentence regarding how 'important' recovery is is kind of ambiguous. You say it's 'important' but then go on to say it 'doesn't matter that much' and that something else is what's 'really important.' I'm sorry if you think I misinterpreted what you said, and perhaps I did, but what you said isn't exactly clear as to what you mean.

Um...you can know how to DI for survival for any character....
But yeah, who's easier to edgeguard? Space animals or Samus? lol
Falco. I think Fox's recovery is way better than Falco's, even though they may look similar. And honestly I don't think Samus' recovery is that much harder to edgeguard than Fox's, but I play Jiggly so I might be seeing it through a different window.

So Hyuga, if you were to disargee with me, that means you think that recovery>what a character can do on stage. So...wth??? I'll just assume you didn't understand what I meant/didn't bother reading.
I don't know if i disagree with you because again, what you said about how important recovery is could be taken a few different ways. I took it to mean that you didn't think recovery was really important in determining how good a char is or where it is in the tier list, and I disagreed with that. Just because I don't think it's "not that important" doesn't mean I automatically think recovery > everything else. But I probably do think it's more important than you do, if I had to guess. E.g., Fox's recovery makes him decidedly better than Falco. I think Falco is "better on the stage" in the first place, so from your point of view I'd almost think you'd want Falco > Fox. Ditto with Doc's over Mario. And if DK had Bowser's up B, DK would be barely at Young Link level. IMO. I don't really want to debate those in detail, I mostly just wanted to post to clarify my position and how I read your post.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
You know what:

CAN WIN: Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik
CAN WIN SOMETIMES: Peach, Falcon, Samus, Ganon, Falcon, Doc, Iceys, Mewtwo(If it is Taj playing people that aren't Taj, M2k, Ken, Azen, etc)

No particular order

mood4food77

Smash Hero
better doc's

caveman, and i know there are others that i cannot name for some reason

better link...i think kubu (if he still plays) is better than germ

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
if ur talking about US docs then yeah,caveman and azen

but if Japan counts then S-Royal is **** good

and kubu quit if i recall...

haven't seen him play in awhile(videos) so it would make sense if he did

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Explain to me what Caveman has done in the last YEAR to make you think he's better than Bob$. Ditto with Kubuu and GERM.

And Ganon "CAN SOMETIMES WIN" but Ice Climbers, Doc, Luigi, and Jigglypuff can't? You're better off just leaving it as Samus, Peach, IC, Falcon. Of those, only IC has won a national sized tournament recently, FYI.

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450
Other than Japan and Emerica, all other smash regions sucks.

NTSC ftw
You left out Brazil... Haven't you seen Kizzu, Ryota, or Aisengobay play? They all look pro to me!

According to my Google search, half of Brazil uses NTSC and the other uses PAL (boo!).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
HyugaRicdeau, it's all good. Nice post ^_^

edit:
You left out Brazil... Haven't you seen Kizzu, Ryota, or Aisengobay play? They all look pro to me!
...look pro? Are you saying that they are pro level because they make entertaining videos? lol
They would have to at least come to America (like how players in Japan have).

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Explain to me what Caveman has done in the last YEAR to make you think he's better than Bob$. Ditto with Kubuu and GERM.

And Ganon "CAN SOMETIMES WIN" but Ice Climbers, Doc, Luigi, and Jigglypuff can't? You're better off just leaving it as Samus, Peach, IC, Falcon. Of those, only IC has won a national sized tournament recently, FYI.
Oh, sorry I need to fix that. I mean, Chu has brought some pretty intense **** to the tournament scene. He has shown us the light

Brookman

Smash Hero
Stop *******izing Zoso's tier list. You're all going to just say "oh, but this character can sorta do almost a little more than nothing" to the point that it just looks like the real tier list. Just take it for what it was, a joke, and a pretty **** good one. (though of course it's based on reality)

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Brookman: Killing fun threads since 2005

I think that someone needs to make an ITEMS TIER ZOMG.
I'm getting tired of all the new tiers people are trying to make to gain rep. To gain rep be good at smash, not some horrible spammer. At least Dylan_Tnga can back up his trash talk to some degree.
And Yoshi for top tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom