• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
^ Like?

Sorry but DJ cancel into *insert move here* isn't harder then fox.
this is not about techskill dude , this is about real matchups .
And u cant tell me that top tier vs *insert tier here* is harder than lowtier vs *insert tier here*

@StripesOrBars

1. i don´t think i know everything
2. neither did i join yesterday or something like that nor do i play for only a few weeks .

i know pretty well what im talking about but believe me not even ken would be 1st at
evo worlds if he played mewtwo .

Brookman

Smash Hero
Just because mewtwo sucks and has a terribly hard time killing/fighting other characters doesn't mean if you win with him you have more skill than someone who plays fox and wins.

??

$hYne

Smash Ace
However this is my oppinion -.-
if someone just plays a lowtier character and is as good as someone playin a
top tier character he has more skil IMO .

u can go on flaming right now lawlz

and @ brawlpro i didn´t pick ken as an example because i think he is the best , but because he won evo world as i allready mentioned above .

So probably u should read before you try flaming (lmao at you)

have a nice day , sirs.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
so what shyne...then he lost to ppl at oc i thinkz...which is just as big...i guess...so i still think the stuff brookman replied to is way funnier than ken bein awesomely awesome or not...

EDIT: what r u talkin bout, they aren't all link playas...
ken is in top ten:marth
chu dat: ic's
Azen: everyone
isai: captain falcon
chillindude829: fox

Aesir

Smash Master
And u cant tell me that top tier vs *insert tier here* is harder than lowtier vs *insert tier here*.
Yes I can, lol..

Like brookman said just because mewtwo sucks and you somehow win with him doesn't mean he takes more skill.

By your logic m2k should be able to beat PC just by using mewtwo.

$hYne

Smash Ace
so what shyne...then he lost to ppl at oc i thinkz...which is just as big...i guess...so i still think the stuff brookman replied to is way funnier than ken bein awesomely awesome or not...
have you ever thought that ken was an e-x-a-m-p-l-e and was not supposed to be funny ?
Or that i don´t care if he lost to people at oc cuz it was an e-x-a-m-p-l-e ?

*thumbs up*

@aesir : imo ...
but we can discuss for two more pages if you like to ? i don´t mind ...

Aesir

Smash Master
@aesir : imo ...
but we can discuss for two more pages if you like to ? i don´t mind ...
The opinion card doesn't work just because the opinion is wrong.

I can have the opinion that red is really blue, I can say all I want that red is really blue but it doesn't change the fact that blue is really blue and red is really red.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
And u cant tell me that top tier vs *insert tier here* is harder than lowtier vs *insert tier here*
For someone who is equally good with a high tier and a low tier, they're probably going to have an easier time using their high tier vs. other high tier characters than their low tier, with a handful of exceptions.

EDIT: what r u talkin bout, they aren't all link playas...
ken is in top ten:marth
chu dat: ic's
Azen: everyone
isai: captain falcon
chillindude829: fox
They don't main Link, but I'm pretty sure all of the top 10 players have a Link that is pretty **** good...

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yes I can, lol..

Like brookman said just because mewtwo sucks and you somehow win with him doesn't mean he takes more skill.

By your logic m2k should be able to beat PC just by using mewtwo.
I think people are getting two different terms of skill confused.

Yes, in order to play a perfect or near perfect Fox you would need inhuman reflexes and ridiculous tech skill. So theoretically yes, considering the amount of skill Fox takes to play at that level, He would be the hardest to master in the game.

However.... You don't even need to play a perfect fox to be "good" with him. Especially since that level of mastery is practically impossible to achieve.

So bringing up the low tier high tier argument that $hYne was talking about is the whole other type of skill.

Obviously Mewtwo is an overall poor character, and in a perfect world takes less skill to play than a maximum potential fox.

The reason being is, that Fox is such a broken character that he doesn't even need to be played remotely close to his full potential to beat a Mewtwo of the same skill.

However the Mewtwo player will be able to beat the fox player, if he is the better player skillwise.

Heres something that might make a little more sense:

If a sheik player beats a bowser, does that mean the Sheik is the better player?

It might, it might not.

But if the Bowser player beats the sheik, does that mean the Bowser is the better player?

You'd better ****ing Believe it.

Aesir

Smash Master

Yes, in order to play a perfect or near perfect Fox you would need inhuman reflexes and ridiculous tech skill. So theoretically yes, considering the amount of skill Fox takes to play at that level, He would be the hardest to master in the game.

However.... You don't even need to play a perfect fox to be "good" with him. Especially since that level of mastery is practically impossible to achieve.

So bringing up the low tier high tier argument that $hYne was talking about is the whole other type of skill.

Obviously Mewtwo is an overall poor character, and in a perfect world takes less skill to play than a maximum potential fox.

The reason being is, that Fox is such a broken character that he doesn't even need to be played remotely close to his full potential to beat a Mewtwo of the same skill.

However the Mewtwo player will be able to beat the fox player, if he is the better player skillwise.

If a sheik player beats a bowser, does that mean the Sheik is the better player?

It might, it might not.

But if the Bowser player beats the sheik, does that mean the Bowser is the better player?

No one disagrees with that, the whole argument that using a low tier is a true test of skill is ********.

Especially since all top tiers require just the same amount of skill to play.

$hYne

Smash Ace

It might, it might not.

really really nice post .
The thing you mentionend last (Bowser/Sheik) was the thing i was talking about .

Sorry @ all for beeing a bit unkindly

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
how much of an effect do the tiers make anyways? I play as the ice climbers and my friend plays as jiggs. Since the ice climbers are higher on the tier then jiggs he says that is the only reason I can beat him. So my question is does such a small difference such as 7th vs 10th place make any noticeable difference?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
how much of an effect do the tiers make anyways? I play as the ice climbers and my friend plays as jiggs. Since the ice climbers are higher on the tier then jiggs he says that is the only reason I can beat him. So my question is does such a small difference such as 7th vs 10th place make any noticeable difference?
Tier list placing does not affect matchups at all. In fact some characters are considered counters to characters ranked higher than them.

spike9407

Smash Apprentice

Tell your friend to be Fox then. You ought to be able to beat him if that isn't his main and you can beat his main. Proceed to ask him what happened.

drunkkunmonkey

Smash Cadet
lol no matter what he says or who he picks jus wobble him then when he complains just say "no johnz you scrub" lol

$hYne

Smash Ace
just a little notice , jiggs has an advantage over IC .
7:3 for j.puff

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
just a little notice , jiggs has an advantage over IC .
7:3 for j.puff
Based on what? Phanna's gravely inaccurate and outdated matchup chart that he himself says he won't update? No offense to Phanna of course. If you believe that Jiggly vs IC is 7-3 for Jiggly, then I guess you also believe that Pikachu is harder than Fox, which is an insane thing to say. Phanna's chart might be good for a few general statements, but you can't take a specific matchup from it and expect it to be accurate.

I think IC's beat Jiggly about 6-4. I've posted why in an IC thread in the Jiggly forums.

Additionally, if you beat a high tier character with a low tier character (assuming there's not some exception where the lower counters the higher), ALL IT MEANS is that the skill difference between the two players in the matchup is greater than the advantage that the character has in the matchup innately. You can apply that principle to basically any matchup.

$hYne

Smash Ace
Based on what? Phanna's gravely inaccurate and outdated matchup chart that he himself says he won't update? No offense to Phanna of course. If you believe that Jiggly vs IC is 7-3 for Jiggly, then I guess you also believe that Pikachu is harder than Fox, which is an insane thing to say. Phanna's chart might be good for a few general statements, but you can't take a specific matchup from it and expect it to be accurate.

I think IC's beat Jiggly about 6-4. I've posted why in an IC thread in the Jiggly forums..
To be honest i took that 7 - 3 from phannas matchup chart and first i was only going to post
that jiggz has the advantage but thought id would be better to give some more detailed info
so i took phannas chart .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom