• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think you're taking the discussion a bit TOO seriously. We don't decide the tier list, we just come here to banter about it, and we don't really need a 'well-defined framework' to just discuss. I don't really think anyone claimed that their opinions on the tier list had any merit to begin with, and no one said that 'meta game based' tier lists were worthless either.
Too seriously? Probably, but I just wanted to make the point that it's easy to selectively interpret tourney results to suit one's opinion while still looking like one is just talking about facts, and I wanted to give a complete explanation of it.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
remember a couple posts i made in this thread that ultimately destroyed any intelligent discussion in this thread due to my brilliant logic? i guess you guys missed those.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol.

I also remember once that you said that CF vs Fox or Falco is a hard match-up for CF. I think your words were "butt f*ck ****".

Contradictory much?

lolz. Characters will always have advantages or disadvantages no matter how comfortable someone is with a match-up. To say other wise is just foolishness.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I want to MM somebody....

Hey, Mario Man, I have a deal. You use Ganondorf or mario, and I'll use Peach ; )
A Ok doc. You got it mane. I choose Mario.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe I'm slightly wrong about Peach...

However, Mario is waaaaaaayy better than Peach. Well, not waaayyy, but still better. I mean, who gets captured and who gets to rescue? You know the answer to that question don't you? OF COURSE YOU DO!!! el oh el

Binx

Smash Master
Peach is at a disadvantage vs fox, marth, shiek, and good spammers such as samus ylink link, otherwise she does even and in lots of cases way better than something like i dunno.... all of the rest of the cast.

mario-man

Smash Lord

Brookman

Smash Hero
Too seriously? Probably, but I just wanted to make the point that it's easy to selectively interpret tourney results to suit one's opinion while still looking like one is just talking about facts, and I wanted to give a complete explanation of it.
Sounds good to me.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Yeah, Mario-Man, it's been 6 years, I think we'd know if Mario was better. He has a bad recovery, can't float, and doesn't have turnips.
You haven't seen ME play Mario in the last six years though...I may prove how good he REALLY is. I intend to prove that he's better than everyone thinks.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yeah, Mario-Man, it's been 6 years, I think we'd know if Mario was better. He has a bad recovery, can't float, and doesn't have turnips.
BUT he has the Shoryuken.....thats ALL that matters....(Its not the Tiger Uppercut though)

TIGER UP-PER-CUT

mario-man

Smash Lord
Eggz has more potential than he has shown. I intend to stretch it even further. You know Eggz hasn't won a tourney with Mario. I'm gonna do it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Eggz has more potential than he has shown. I intend to stretch it even further. You know Eggz hasn't won a tourney with Mario. I'm gonna do it.
You haven't seen ME play Mario in the last six years though...I may prove how good he REALLY is. I intend to prove that he's better than everyone thinks.
Noone has seen you play Mario because you've never been to a tournament.. hence the fact that you're probably not going to advance him as far as you may thing because chances are... just like in my first tournament.. you're gonna get *****.. really badly... over and over again.. and then realize that people like Eggz and Brown Mario and other mains are truly taking them as far as they can go because the character doesn't have the moves to cut it in High level metagame.

Cort

Apple Head
The tier list doesn't take skill levels into account.

Obviously someone who just picked up the game will get constantly ***** by anyone with a brain's Kirby/Pichu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom