• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Apple Head
I don't know what you guys are talking about. We could make a perfectly unbiased and empirical tier list using that guys idea.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Falco DOESN'T NEED TO PILLAR OR SHL, they're computers, they suck. Zelda/Sheik would be treated as one character, just as nintendo intended (zelda transforms to sheik as a cpu), and luigi misfires so frequently I see him die from it more often than not.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Ok, sheik is fine where she is. Ka Master is the best Washington player, so should Luigi be top tier based off 1 tourny? Unless you attend or watch several tournies and matches, then don't try to argue about tiers. Drephen got beat by dope about 10 times before he learned how to counter Falco. That's all he does to beat them, he counters them.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I need to see some drephen vs. good falco's

Too bad I'd have to pay money to see drephen in action at OC3. stupid thieves. You can't put a price on smash, it's like VoD, but worse, cause it's coming from inside the community.

mog87

Smash Ace
It really is rock paper scissors for all intents and purposes, except not as concrete. Blah Blah goes Marth runs into a good falcon or sheik...---> goes fox or falco and so forth. That is how it usually happens happens rather than one juggernaut character running through everyone.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
MeleeUltimate: Your idea won't work because cpu's don't use characters to thier full potential or use the high level tactics and strats.

A tier list is based on play when characters are used to the limit of human abilities and the best strats, attacks, moves, combos and set-ups are used.

That and cpu's are stupid and do stupid things. Especially cpu's in SSBM. They are some of the dumbest A.I you will ever come across. A.I in other fighters is actually good. Like A.I in Street Fighter has always been pretty good.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
At least validate your claim and not just slag my idea off.
Are you serious? You mean that thing where you let the computers fight and determine the tier list? It's a terrible idea. I thought that was a joke. Isn't it obvious how inaccurate that would be? I don't even feel like going into detail.

Binx

Smash Master
Are you serious? You mean that thing where you let the computers fight and determine the tier list? It's a terrible idea. I thought that was a joke. Isn't it obvious how inaccurate that would be? I don't even feel like going into detail.
Lol I thought it was a joke too.

Anyways though the tier list is close to perfect the way it is. What is doesnt take into account though is that not alot of people play DK and such, DK is actually a better character than the tier list gives him credit for but there are so few people that use him he cant really do well in tournies.

Better, original, lucky, whatever you want to call them, players will win more often than not and with whatever character suits their style. I agree that certain characters are better than others, but also realize that certain "worse" characters can have some better Match-Ups. Take a look at how well Ganon has been doing lately, its a lot more the player than his advantages in Match ups.

Take Bowser vs Shiek, this Match is nigh unwinable for Bowser because shiek can chaingrab soooo easily, but I am sure Gimpy has beaten his share of sheiks.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I may be all alone in this oppinion, but how the crap is Peach so high on the list. IMO there are more than 4-5 chars that are better than her.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Fox can own Peach with... mindgames! Seriously, shines > Peach. Basically equivalent to Dsmash except you need more timing and tech skill. A lot more timing and tech skill. Use Marth vs Peach. Good day

mario-man

Smash Lord
I said MORE than 4-5. For one, in the right hands, Mario is better than Peach. ex. Eggz, mario-man, -PM-, Silv, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom