• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Shino stall

Because that is very easy to stop. Alot easier then edge hogging a ledge stall. And some ledge stalls are actually somewhat difficult to stop.
Examples of this include such as the shiek Up B stall (lol at the shino stall annoys me so much:mad:), and the firefox/firefalco/phantasm stalls

And lol at cort and brookman's previous comments.

Time for my ranting

I totally agree with the bottom of the tier list

Link should be moved to the bottom of the middle tier because the balance gap between luigi and dk is way closer than the one between link and luigi

And Jigglypuff over doctor mario, recovery much :p

I see Isai using Shiek so much more (Darkrain is tied in the Midwest with a falco (Dope) and a fox (Tink) so I think Falcon should be below Ice Climbers

Fox and falco are fine (due to many pros like Ken and such use fox a lot otherwise than their main. Shiek and Marth can be argued either way due to the amount of people using both characters so well.

Shiek, Peach, and Marth are the only big clashes. I don't have a solution. The only possibility would be to "Tie" the characters.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
KDJ also has a solid shiek.

But yeah Drephen has usually done better then most Falcos as well as a few other Shiek users here and there.

Cort

Apple Head
I've come to the conclusion, being a Peach player, that Peach has absolutely no good matchups and gets ***** horribly by basically everyone around her.

edit// Except Ice Climbers.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
What about most of the characters below her? She beats them, some of them horribly, not the other way around..

Brookman

Smash Hero
If only peach traded in her dress and heels for a pair of running shoes and gym shorts. Yes, she would be topless.

PB&J

Smash Hero
the tier list should stay the same....except for nana should be god tier..lol..i do think that fox should be god tier than falco top tier..and the rest the same

Brookman

Smash Hero
lol, is it bad that that video just made me agree with brookman?

but seriously though...that pichu was mad lovely.
Someone agreed with me, that makes my point more valid than doodah's and equal to EL's

I'll keep a nice little tally from now on:

Brook: |
EL: |
DD: -

Edit: High fives @ kevin.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Brookman i agree with you

Take a look at this post, its perfect

No reasoning
And No opinion besides agreement
that makes

Brookman: ll
EL: l
Doodah:

Cort

Apple Head
Do people get minus points if I blatantly disagree with them without providing any reason?

If so, I blatantly disagree with everyone except Brookman.

*high fives all around*

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Do people get minus points if I blatantly disagree with them without providing any reason?

If so, I blatantly disagree with everyone except Brookman.

*high fives all around*
Now what happens if some of the people you disagreed with agreed with Brookman.. now what happens?

Brookman

Smash Hero
quoted for truth
Quoted for stupid
"Peach doesn't do too bad vs Sheik and beats Falco."

That made me lol
I lol'd too, but I didn't feel like saying anything about it. Glad someone agrees though. I think I'm up to 15 points now.

Now what happens if some of the people you disagreed with agreed with Brookman.. now what happens?
They don't matter, cause they're just my yes men. No one else has a mind other than to agree/disagree with me for no reason.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Her downsmash is powerful because of her ******. It's a lot like a klaptrap, but much bigger and more powerful. It's simple math really:

+

=

Binx

Smash Master
LOL @ Brookman's peach explanation. I think peach gets beaten by all of the people above her in tiers pretty badly as well as by most characters that can out spam her. If you have the patience to avoid peach and you have a projectile you can just get her past good CC damage and the fight is all but over. Peach is fine at 5th but I am wondering if Falcon has better match ups overall? Although good peaches are frightening (especially to me maining ICs).

If the tier list was ordered solely by the largest tournament results then IC would be 3rd? cause of Chu, what people don't realize is the top 3 people are the best smashers in the world and the characters they play dont effect them nearly as much as someone less skilled. PC has insanely good tricks and Fox's fast movement helps him do this, M2K just never misses when he attacks so the range suits him. Chu is just retardedly unpredictable and his Nana is controlled by Chuck Norris.

The tier list is fine the way it is except I beleive Marth consistently places higher than Shieks and Falcos and that those characters could be moved a little bit, however ranking within tiers is largely irrelivant, Fox has like 1 bad match up, Marth has 1 bad match up, Shiek has 1 bad match up for the most part those characters are even, they triangularly counter eachother so who is to say who the best character is?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Falcon sucks. No johns.

Also, this is the best thread ever as of recently.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
So far EL has 1 supporter, that makes his point more valid. By point I of course mean spam. spam spam spam spam.

If you're going to ****ing post what you think at least have the decency to post why you think so. Otherwise we just have everyone running around posting like doodah, and then nothing actually gets discussed.
Shiek does better in tournies.

Happy?
1: PC Chris
2: Mew2King
3: Chu_Dat
4: SephirothKen
5: Drephen Shiek
5: The King
7: Vidjogamer
7: SilentWolf
9: PKMVodka
9: Hugs
9: Forward Falco
9: Falcomist
13: Aesis
13: EdreesesPieces
13: Wobbles the Phoenix
13: Cactuar
17: ShadowBTZO
17: Lucky
17: SilentSpectre
17: SK-92
17: Bombsolider Falco
17: Taj
17: Tang
17: LuninSpectra
25: Mango
25: Zelgadis
25: Lunaris
25: Chesterr01
25: xxx-Noobking-xxx
25: DJ Combo
25: Isai
25: The Germ Falco

1st Mew2king $2000
2nd PC Chris $1000
3rd Chu Dat $500
4th Drephen $350 Shiek
5th Vidjo $225
5th Taj $225
7th Darkrain $125
7th Dashizwiz $125 Falco
9. Lambchops Falco
9. Chillindude
9. Luigi Ka-Master
9. Cort
13. SilentWolf
13. CunningKitsune
13. Tink
13. Mikey Lenetia
17. Nite Falco
17. Plairnkk Shiek
17. Mathos Falco
17. Chesterr01
17. KeepSpeedN
17. Dope Falco
17. Eggz
17. 4% APR
25. KishPrime
25. Lunaris
25. Col Bol
25. Jiano
25. Forward Falco
25. Doll
25. Vwins
25. BigGman

The only Shiek that places higher is Drephen.

N00bs.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Still Shiek though.

This is only shows Falco's limitations imo. He can't quite hack it at the top level.

Cort

Apple Head
I like how Doodah factually proves himself wrong and then continues to believe Falco is better (after calling everyone a "N00b")

:grin:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol.

13: Aesis I'm pretty sure he's a Sheik main too. >_>

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Dont forget aesis those placings are off because dj hasnt been going to tournies. He did win an mlg this year as shiek and a falco has yet to win one.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Sheik is awesome, she has almost twice as many moves as any other character, and she's a ninja, so she rolls +4 on awesomeness

I hate sheik players, but Marth will always be there as the one broken character everyone fears

I think Marth is top tier now

Brookman

Smash Hero
If we're going to base placement just off of tournament results for the purposes of our discussion then we might as well look at results for the rest of the characters. Does player skill have anything to do with this too? I mean, look at the falco players, and then look at Drephen...Then look back at the falco players, then BACK AT DREPHEN. Does anyone get what I'm saying?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I've always thought basing the tier list on tournament results was kind of stupid, personally.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I've come to the conclusion, being a Peach player, that Peach has absolutely no good matchups and gets ***** horribly by basically everyone around her.

edit// Except Ice Climbers.
Welcome to what I've been saying for the last year and a half.

Everyone should refuse to play any character except for Kirby in tournaments from now on.
I did last tourney, and my level 9 Gannon/Luigi froed everyone in teams.

Brookman

Smash Hero
those placings are off because dj hasnt been going to tournies.
What has that got to do with tournament results? They WOULD be different if DJ HAD gone to them, but he didn't, so it doesn't matter where he would have placed. Just because someone doesn't go to a tournament doesn't mean that the results are skewed, even if the person not going is of dan's calibur. Let's not forget that ken and all the other good WC players are missing. So I guess that means even if dan had gone the results would still be off, mirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom