• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Link for Mid-Tier! Okay, that's all I wanted to say. I think he should be at the bottom of the mid-tier at least... but I am only a humble nublet, after all.

Perusing random pages (after all, 219 is alot to read, so I'll just pick random ones), I was surprised to see that Ganondorf is indeed regarded as having a favourable advantage against Marth!

If only I'd known... all those years I could have been johning when my friend's Ganon beat my Marth - Wasted!!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
they should move mRIO UP ATLEAST FOR TOP TIER or do i have ti prove it???

well like rapid assasin said anyone can loose to any character so there's basically no such thing as tiers,just what people play most of.
*bashes head against wall multiple times*

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
I think that we shouldjust rank every character against one character.
Just like in science oxidation potential is all related to hydrogen which is 0. I know im a geek.

Since saying this, we should get one character preferably shiekf since everyone agrees she is god, and then just test the other characters from there.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Would that put ICs in top tier? And Bowser doesn't belong below Pichu.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
i'm glad no character is perfect. the perfect character would have the attack and grab range of marth, the shine of fox, the lasers and combos of falco, the weight of ganon, the knee of captain falcon, the wavedash of mewtwo, the u-smash of pikachu, the recovery of samus, the downsmash of peach, and the awesomeness of sheik
Fox is already THAT broken if played perfectly (but no one will ever play a perfect fox)

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Marth should be in the top with Fox and Falco... and I think we should take a second look at the mid-tier. I know they probably don't want to make the mid tier too fat, but, if I character has a fighting chance competitively, they should be in mid-tier.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Fox is already THAT broken if played perfectly (but no one will ever play a perfect fox)
I'm not trying to be a ****, but I think it should be said that if Fox can't be played perfectly, then it's not worth it to declare how broken a perfectly played Fox is. Also, that if all characters were played perfectly, then they'd all be in the God Tier.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Have you not seen Silent Wolf?!?!?! That's as perfect a Fox as you can get. That guy gives me erections.

I'm not gay, though. I just listen to techno.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
ignoring the post above <_<

a good fox can **** a good marth(well at times), marth getting grabed is almost just as dangerous uthrow>uair is a classic that *****!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Omg, a perfect Fox is still not better than a perfect Marth.

Fox will always get grabbed by Marth.
Have you not seen Silent Wolf?!?!?! That's as perfect a Fox as you can get. That guy gives me erections.
Silent Wolf vs M2K anyone? :chuckle: Perfect Fox vs Perfect Marth

LOLOLOLOL 56K is soooooo funny.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

(and gay).
lol, gay? That's the best you can come up with? wtf :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, I guess you're mad about this:
lol @ false trying to argue w/ Doodah...its like talking to a brick wall.
Except the brick wall is smarter :3

Brookman

Smash Hero
Omg, a perfect Fox is still not better than a perfect Marth.

Fox will always get grabbed by Marth.

As will all characters.

perfect fox would power shield grabs. He and falco have something much better than every other character, invincibility via their shine.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
It's so funny how you can tell when people play Shiek, Peach, and crappy characters.

And LOL @ whoever said "Fox Upthrow Upair on Marth=Marth Chain Grab on Fox".

And LOL @ 56K for being, well, not funny.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
What I meant was, if they were played perfectly, neither player would ever hit each other 'cause they're perfect, which is impossible.

Yeah, anyway, it's not like that is an interesting point or anything, I was just trying to be a know-it-all. Heh.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Smash DI > Fox uairs.

This thread gets more full of stupid with each passing day.

Aesir

Smash Master
if marth is losing to fox's upair he isn't smash di'ing enough.

perfect fox and perfect marth is as close to an even match up as you're going to get it just matters who gets the first hit LOL

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Smash DI > Fox uairs.

This thread gets more full of stupid with each passing day.
like your post is...oskurito already knew you can sdi...did you even see him play, i was being serious cause the marth i fought can't sdi well, oskurito was being sarcastic, the reason i knew it was sarcasm cause he took his time to bring his old post back...and said something useless like "i said almost", and well look at how he plays, somebody that good...i'd think would know what sdi is and its uses...

Oskurito

Smash Lord
At a serious point now: Fox upthrow uair can kill marth very early if he doesn't SDI or DI at stages such as yoshi's and FoD and it can even combo in to 3xuair if the player doesn't DI at all but in NO WAY will be equals to marth's CG that can most likely kill him on a 0 to death combo or either set up for edgeguarding, and if fox manages to escape the CG by DIng, marth has the tech chasing-wake up game open that can lead into another grab or a deadly F-smash, the most safest thing that fox can do to escape marth's CG is to shine right out of his upthrow that will leave marth to far away from him preventing anymore pressures.

Binx

Smash Master
Fox can camp though.

But he'll have to get in there to kill Marth, in which case, Fox will get grabbed, and most likely die.
If both players are "perfect" then fox couldnt camp anything, Marth would just powershield lasers, eventually marth would get close enough to pressure fox into moving or be able to hit fox with a neutral A or something and then he could start forcing actions and it would be all but over, but also fox could perfectly time shines to block any attack in the game except a grab, also against a perfect fox you could never 0 to death throw him because he would wiggle out and shine too quickly.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
WTF? You can't wiggle out of death combos. That's what makes them death combos.

Aesir

Smash Master
If both players are "perfect" then fox couldnt camp anything, Marth would just powershield lasers, eventually marth would get close enough to pressure fox into moving or be able to hit fox with a neutral A or something and then he could start forcing actions and it would be all but over, but also fox could perfectly time shines to block any attack in the game except a grab, also against a perfect fox you could never 0 to death throw him because he would wiggle out and shine too quickly.
This is true lol except you can shine to avoid a grab >_>

if you think about it they would be wiggling out of grabs non-stop since its frame perfect and such. >_> it would just be chip damage off of grabs >_>

I'm half joking about this.

Brookman

Smash Hero
that's an awful point to bring up anyway buddy. Chip damage from grabs? I'm pretty sure it's not possible to struggle immediately out of a grab, even at zero.

Brookman

Smash Hero
grab and hrow. Who says you need to do grab attacks? maybe at low low percents you can get out instantly, but yadda yadda. I'm not sure why we're even talking about such hypothetical matches.

Let's be realistic. The top tier characters are all even(relatively) in the hands of the best players currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom