• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookman

Smash Hero
wow brookman, no need to be all pissed

i was just saying...relax man
I wasn't pissed off, I was just messing around, but none of you actually know me so I guess you wouldn't understand that level of humor?

People say that if you were perfect, you would play as fox...

I think that if you were perfect you would play as marth, anything that got in your range would get hit, and you have the best range..

Projectiles, you could powershield them all if you were "perfect"

But who cares, no one is perfect, the list is based off of human players >_<
if you could play perfectly in all aspects you would play fox. It would be stupid not to.

that was the main problem i had with this tier list

that it was incredibly biased towards player skill
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST SAID?!

If you were perfect you'd power shield into an infinite combo with Fox every single time someone tried to approach you with an attack.

That'd be so wonderful.
We already talked about this.

You mean you don't do this?
more impressive than that.

I only combo 0-300 and not 0-death.
cheese magic

You play Ice Climbers too? Cool :colorful:
this made me lol :lick:

yeah, thats what i would do if i had no army.
or maybe sell some medicine.
That's what I would say if I thought I was smart or insightful.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
brookman

i can't tell sarcasm during through a computer screen

and yes i know what i just said, the tier list isn't supposed to be based on human skill with each character, it's supposed to be based on a characters metagame and their match-ups along the way

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i know

but it was just based on tournament placement, as foxes and falcos were placing higher in tournament than the rest

the one before this was based on how easily a cahracter can make it through a tournament

i mean...i still don't see the reason why the marios and jiggs are above ganon...never made sense, but i guess cause doc and mario do better against fox, falco, and sheik while ganon does better against everyoen else....

Brookman

Smash Hero
now you're insulting the people who made the list because sheik, and now fox and falco are on top?

anyway, I've concluded you actually don't know anything, and have difficulty braining.

can you at least admit you don't actually know what metagame is?

Stop.Haxxoring.Me

Smash Rookie
I don't see why the big fuss.
It (the list) is simply statistical. It doesn't mean it represents all players. Like, your main may be low-tier but your overall skill is the actual factor.
I swear, the 2008 list will need a disclaimer or something.

Brookman

Smash Hero
The tier list says that PC chris will do best with fox, then falco, then sheik, then marth, etc. Sure, you may be a pretty good player, but you use game and watch, that's your choice. You might suck and play as fox and lose to said gw player. I don't see why anyone would not understand that, aside from being mentally ******** in some way.

When overall skill is too even, that is when character selection determines who will come out top. To use the example from above, said gw player is a good player, mentally. Bob, a fox player, is just as smart. Bob four stocks gw. The end.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
When overall skill is too even, that is when character selection determines who will come out top. To use the example from above, said gw player is a good player, mentally. Bob, a fox player, is just as smart. Bob gets four stocked by gw. The end.
Fuxed Fixed.

Cort

Apple Head
This is where people's bias in any "favorite character" or "main" makes the tier list want to explode. It's constantly torn at and poked by people that are insulted by the be all end all aspect of the tier list and want their cute little mains to be higher cause they beat all the kids on their block with said character.

..and stuff.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Nate almost certainly used Kirby through the whole tourny cause that's all he ever uses. I always try to get him to switch characters :(
I guess t1mmy is a better smooth-talker, he was always reminding him to only use Kirby. :laugh:

Nashun is the most underappreciated Kirby player there is. Me & t1mmy agree he is probably better than KK Kid, but they're all really good, if any one of them stopped practicing for a short time I'm sure the others would get better ;^D

MVPaintballer: And Jigglypuff doesn't have Rest? X^D looks like it won't shut anyone up, hehe

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I decided to check back here and not much has changed. People still make pointless arguments a lot, and Mewtwo is still beneath Pichu, and everyone still underestimates Kirby.

To end an argument a few pages back, if you could play perfectly you would use Yoshi. He has the longest powershield and can actually attack out of it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm guessing it's the good ol' #9... wow, pwnt...
I've been counterpicked as Jiggs with Roy on a number of occassions when someone thinks the reverse blazer is going to give them the upper hand... it's easier to combo Roy into a Rest ;^D

Brookman

Smash Hero
Yeah, me too.

**trying like Kevin to earn respect and attention from the cool guys**
He isn't trying to suck up to the cool guys, he's just telling it how it is. If even half the people who didn't know anything about the game would just shut up and pay attention and learn we'd have a lot more intelligent discussion going on, instead of idiots throwing poop at each other like a bunch of moneys.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I have just realized that the majority of my posts consist of me being ****ing stupid.

Good thing it's on purpose....I think.....

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I mean i could direct your attention to some of the gems i've read in here, but i mean. the list would be way to endless, is it even worth it to debate the tier list at this point.. its the last one we will have most likely.

Cort and Brookman, keep up the good working shooting people down, makes me happy.

... oh yea

Bowser for Top Tier

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Bowser and Roy for top tier, they have fire. Fox and Falco next, they have lasers, and then Mario and Luigi for fireballs. Afterwards there's of course Doc for his pills. I think that solves the new top tier.

Most people here seem to be judging the tiers on how good they find certain characters they use them, not how well that character does at a tourny.

pouskie

Smash Rookie
I'm someone who thought they were good, found this forum, then realized they are a complete noob. The tier really helps because it givse me a good list of characters to check out videos for. Especially to see what kind of new stuff has been popping up in tourney play. Thanks to the SBR for their hard work in making this list.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I'm someone who thought they were good, found this forum, then realized they are a complete noob. The tier really helps because it givse me a good list of characters to check out videos for. Especially to see what kind of new stuff has been popping up in tourney play. Thanks to the SBR for their hard work in making this list.
welcome to smashboards!

its a harsh reality heh?

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
Tier positions

One question... does it make a difference in what position you are or is it just the tier

For instance, the top tier is like this

Top tier:
Fox
Falco

Does that mean that they both ranked the highest or that Fox ranked 1st and Falco 2nd??

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If you had truly wanted that, you wouldn't have posted half the ******** garbage i've seen you throw out ;)
Don't feed the aspies.

He has the longest powershield and can actually attack out of it.
First of all, if you could play perfectly, the duration of a character's powershield would be irrelevant because you'd still do it every time regardless. Second, every character can attack out of a powershield.

This thread is dumb.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Roy>Marth just look at the B attacks. . . .jk lol. Seriously I think that falco is better then Fox. Falco's Dair spikes and his laser does knock back. The only advantage the fox seems to have over him is that fox's shine spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom