• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
choknater'z fake tier list (are we even allowed to make these? whatever. it's not like this thread is gonna get closed.)

Fox
Marth
Sheik
Falco

High
Peach
Ice Climbers
Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff

Mid
Doctor Mario
Ganondorf
Luigi
Mario
Link

Low
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Roy
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda
Yoshi
Young Link

Bottom
Bowser
Ness
Kirby
Mewtwo
Pichu

what do you fools think. i'll post reasoning as replies to replies, lawl.

some points to address:
- what do you guys think of luigi above mario?
- does the order of the low tier (aside from DK) really even matter?
- yoshi for low?
- falco for top?
- ic's above falcon?

the tier list is arbitrary. interesting discussion is not. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Why is Luigi above Mario?
There are a lot of good Luigis here on the West Coast. The character just seems that much more impressive to me. Norcal's got Meep and Foxroar, Socal's got ROFL and UltraLuigi, WA's got Ka-master (and pretty much the entire state knows how to play Luigi.) From what I've seen, Luigi's matchups with the top tier are much better than Mario's, save maybe Sheik. Mario is a great character.... but I just lean toward Luigi a bit more. I'm pretty sure a majority of smashboards (that doesn't have some authority-obeying complex to the 'official' tier list) has come to a consensus that Luigi shouldn't be in the low tier.

(Given, Washington also has Eggz... and he's pretty good lol.)

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
There are a lot of good Luigis here on the West Coast. The character just seems that much more impressive to me. Norcal's got Meep and Foxroar, Socal's got ROFL and UltraLuigi, WA's got Ka-master (and pretty much the entire state knows how to play Luigi.) From what I've seen, Luigi's matchups with the top tier are much better than Mario's, save maybe Sheik. Mario is a great character.... but I just lean toward Luigi a bit more. I'm pretty sure a majority of smashboards (that doesn't have some authority-obeying complex to the 'official' tier list) has come to a consensus that Luigi shouldn't be in the low tier.

(Given, Washington also has Eggz... and he's pretty good lol.)
i agree with this post

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
choknater'z fake tier list (are we even allowed to make these? whatever. it's not like this thread is gonna get closed.)

Fox
Marth
Sheik
Falco

High
Peach
Ice Climbers
Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff

Mid
Doctor Mario
Ganondorf
Luigi
Mario
Link

Low
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Roy
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda
Yoshi
Young Link

Bottom
Bowser
Ness
Kirby
Mewtwo
Pichu

what do you fools think. i'll post reasoning as replies to replies, lawl.

some points to address:
- what do you guys think of luigi above mario?
- does the order of the low tier (aside from DK) really even matter?
- yoshi for low?
- falco for top?
- ic's above falcon?

the tier list is arbitrary. interesting discussion is not. :)
this SHOULD be the official tier list.nice.

I also noticed that everyone thought my opinion was absolute rubbish. I probably was wrong about a coulple of thing but I will stick to this one opinion for sure: Luigi should DEFINATELY be at the top of the middle tier. He has such a amazing aerial game, awesome horizontal recovery, and powerful moves. The only thing I hate about him is that you sometimes kill yourself on a small stage with his missile and his bad traction.But if he never get back to the tier list place he deserves, he'll always have the old days when he had a resonable place on the tier list:)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
maybe i should've given DK his own tier. you're definitly right: he's way better than the other low tiers. but is he on the level of link as far as versatility and matchups go? hm.... now that i think about it, maybe. some would say putting DK in the mid tier is going a bit far, though.

however, in my fake tier list, the top and high tiers are more balanced as far as numbers go, so a mid-tier DK would make sense to me. for the 2006 tier list... nah.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
well, this tier list also hasn't been updated in like, a year so this tier list shouldn't be counted on too much...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I agree with choknater's list except I dont think that mario and doc should be like 4 spaces apart >_>;
You have a point, but they do have a lot of striking differences in the trajectory of moves that make their offensive and defensive games very different.

stuff that is different: fair, utilt, fsmash, nair, cape recovery, PILL/FIREBALL (very huge), etc. etc. it's the subtleties that make them very different.

and technically i put them two spaces apart, not four xP

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I agree with choknater's list except I dont think that mario and doc should be like 4 spaces apart >_>;
Of course the characters are very similiar, but Doc players simply do that much better in tourney :p Also consider that more competitive players are willing to use Doc more instead of Mario since he's the slightly better one out of the two.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The only list that matters now.

God tier:
Sonic

Top tier:
Fox
Pit
Metaknight

No one else matters.

Corigames

Smash Hero
After playing against AZ for a year now:

God:
Marth
Cpt. Falcon

High:
MewTwo
Falco
Peach
Shiek
IC
Fox
Jigglypuff

Mid:
Samus
Doc
Mario
Gannon
Pikachu
Y. Link
Luigi
Yoshi

Low:
Roy
Zelda
Link
DK
Bowser
Pichu
G & W
Kirby
Ness

AZ is too good.

Protoguy

Smash Cadet
I have a really stupid question...

How wil the list actually be changed? I mean, right now we jsut have random noobs and scrubs saying their opinions (myself included) while more expierenced people correct them, but here is really nothing productive being done at all...<_<

Should there be something like a panel of expeirenced people who actually have an intelligent discussion on it because if it was up to public opinion then there could be a group of fanboys and idiots that could vote Roy up to high tier...

I'm just wondering...>_>

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Should there be something like a panel of expeirenced people who actually have an intelligent discussion on it...
Actually, that's exactly what happens. The Smash Back Room, made up of the most experienced and most intelligent players, have a discussion about the tier list like every year or so. This thread is just here for the sake of discussion. As you can see by the size and activity of this thread, people love discussing the tier list :)

GOPrincessPeach

Smash Cadet
this SHOULD be the official tier list.nice.

I also noticed that everyone thought my opinion was absolute rubbish. I probably was wrong about a coulple of thing but I will stick to this one opinion for sure: Luigi should DEFINATELY be at the top of the middle tier. He has such a amazing aerial game, awesome horizontal recovery, and powerful moves. The only thing I hate about him is that you sometimes kill yourself on a small stage with his missile and his bad traction.But if he never get back to the tier list place he deserves, he'll always have the old days when he had a resonable place on the tier list:)
Yes. chocknater's tier list SHOULD be the official tier list.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Marth should be at the top of the tiers. He has no bad match-ups. I also have a question about him can Marth chain throw Falco?

Brookman

Smash Hero
Marth indeed can CG falco. Though the percents are different from fox, and I'm not familiar with them.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Marth should be at the top of the tiers. He has no bad match-ups. I also have a question about him can Marth chain throw Falco?
Marth uthrow chaingrabs fox and falco until 60-low70%, where he finishes it off with a tippered fsmash. There may certain precise ranges where fox and falco can DI up and shine marth before they can grab. If someone could clear this up and give exact %'s, that'd be amazing.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Marth uthrow chaingrabs fox and falco until 60-low70%, where he finishes it off with a tippered fsmash. There may certain precise ranges where fox and falco can DI up and shine marth before they can grab. If someone could clear this up and give exact %'s, that'd be amazing.
Wrong, infinitely wrong. Everywhere, just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom