• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Marth uthrow chaingrabs fox and falco until 60-low70%, where he finishes it off with a tippered fsmash. There may certain precise ranges where fox and falco can DI up and shine marth before they can grab. If someone could clear this up and give exact %'s, that'd be amazing.
You failed.

I believe fox can get out of marth's cg at very early percentages(I did it at 0-5% or so) if marth doesn't pivot grab, if he does he can cg fox up to 80% or so and kill with pivot tipper, etc. but most marths will prefer to combo you out of his cg with uptilts or double fairs, or ken combo,meh.. lame and cheap stuff(expect that at 40% or so), same goes for falco(I guess).

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
So basically.. If I found an awesome way to counter Fox and Falco with Mewtwo, then suddenly Mewtwo would be a lot higher up in the tier list than he is now?

Sweet. Sounds easy.

Whaaaat? Why is everyone laughing at me? ; . ;

Flarefox

Smash Ace
You failed.

I believe fox can get out of marth's cg at very early percentages(I did it at 0-5% or so) if marth doesn't pivot grab, if he does he can cg fox up to 80% or so and kill with pivot tipper, etc. but most marths will prefer to combo you out of his cg with uptilts or double fairs, or ken combo,meh.. lame and cheap stuff(expect that at 40% or so), same goes for falco(I guess).
That's why a lot of Marths will fthrow->fthrow->upthrow chain against fox and falco starting at 0%. The spacies don't fall over from Marth's first two fthrows from 0%. I believe they can roll out of it or shine if they're fast enough, however.

Since noone has given the specifics, and all that seems to be coming out of this discussion is a deluge of ignorance and wiser people snickering over our shoulders but not helping, -> here.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
zomg i had to shake this thread off before reading due to n00b infestation, but to me this tier list seems accurate. Yay for ice climbers being moved up! My only objection to the tier list (even though i know there is obviously just reason for it) is why Dr. Mario always ranks above Mario. In my experience Dr Mario increased power does not make up for his lack of speed in being compared to mario. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is and yes im aware he can cancel his up b. (im gonna start playing the doc more though and ill probably answer my own question)

...ps yay for fox's god tier reign ending in brawl

Flarefox

Smash Ace
zomg i had to shake this thread off before reading due to n00b infestation,
estion11 said:
but to me this tier list seems accurate. Yay for ice climbers being moved up! My only objection to the tier list (even though i know there is obviously just reason for it) is why Dr. Mario always ranks above Mario. In my experience Dr Mario increased power does not make up for his lack of speed in being compared to mario. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is and yes im aware he can cancel his up b. (im gonna start playing the doc more though and ill probably answer my own question)
Don't feel obligated to first mention that this is a "n00b infestation" before you post your requests. That's just silly.

Anyway, it's not just Dr. Mario's increase in power that can give him an edge over Mario. Most people would tell you that Dr. Mario's approach game is much stronger than Mario's because of pills and his superior fair.

Dr. Mario and Mario are about even in the tier list. It's not like Dr. Mario is a waaaay better character than Mario just because he is currently 2 ranks higher.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Pichu does have nice smash attacks, but I don't see any other strengths for the poor little thing.
He also has surprisingly powerful aerials (stronger than Mewtwo) and a great juggling game on fastfallers. Since he's not a huge target, it's easy to be evasive. He's much faster moving around as well.

He damages himself and doesn't live very long due to his light weight.
Heard it all before...you really shouldn't be using his self-damage moves too often except for his projectile, and you'd be amazed at what DI can do for the little rat.

Mewtwo's just a huge, floaty target with very few good moves.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
zomg i had to shake this thread off before reading due to n00b infestation, but to me this tier list seems accurate. Yay for ice climbers being moved up! My only objection to the tier list (even though i know there is obviously just reason for it) is why Dr. Mario always ranks above Mario. In my experience Dr Mario increased power does not make up for his lack of speed in being compared to mario. Can someone enlighten me as to why this is and yes im aware he can cancel his up b. (im gonna start playing the doc more though and ill probably answer my own question)

...ps yay for fox's god tier reign ending in brawl
you are part of the "noob infestation"

Flarefox

Smash Ace
He also has surprisingly powerful aerials (stronger than Mewtwo) and a great juggling game on fastfallers. Since he's not a huge target, it's easy to be evasive. He's much faster moving around as well.

Heard it all before...you really shouldn't be using his self-damage moves too often except for his projectile, and you'd be amazed at what DI can do for the little rat.

Mewtwo's just a huge, floaty target with very few good moves.
Pichu's vertical combos can destroy fox and falco. I guess I can see pichu as a slightly better character than mewtwo, but mewtwo's evasive game is much more effective than pichu's.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I suppose...Pichu's naturally evasive from the start...since he's so small, most moves don't even connect and sometimes all you have to do is duck under your opponent's range lol. I've never really paid attention to M2's evasive game but I know that up B has crazy movement tricks and mini shadowballs can bog down your opponent.

Brookman

Smash Hero
What the **** were they thinking when they made pichu, mewtwo, kirby, zelda, roy, and whoever else is extremely pathetic?

Honestly. It must have been a practical joke at the nintendo programming offices.

"Hey guys, look at this pathetic character I just programmed, should we put him in and see how many idiots think he's really good cause he has fire?"

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
those who can win:
marth
fox
sheik
falco

those who will sometimes win:
peach
ice climbers
falcon

those will never win but are worth mentioning:
jigglypuff
doc
ganon
samus

dk:
dk

the losers:
rest of cast

Eggm

Smash Hero
Anyways 2008 list should have these top 4 in this order no exceptions.

Marth
Fox
Sheik
Falco

Pretty sure everyone can agree with this, so lets start discussing the rest of the list.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Brookman: Yeah, if Brawl is any indication of what melee would have been like if it had been finished then I'm actually glad it was rushed and unfinished.

I would rather have a broken super competitive fast paced game that is unfinished, then a slow paced game where most characters can't combo for ****, and you live till 200% so games take forever and the game is slower overall.

****ing Brawl.

Eggm

Smash Hero
He really is you and jiano are too good, lol. I hate falcon, give me another falco, or marth or sheik anyday. :)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think falcons probably as good as peach now, only a tiny bit lower. the age of peach ended like a year ago, the rise of jiggs falcon and marth has arrived!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Rise of Marth?

Hasn't Marth been winning since like 2003 or something?

When has he needed to rise? I thought he was almost always on top regardless of what the list said.

Did I miss something?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
What do you mean by win? Win tourmanents? Either way, there are plenty of people capable of winning tournaments with those characters. HugS and King quickly come to mind...
Yeah I mean win tournaments at least on occasion, not just random fluke stuff.

And I completely agree with Falcon being almost near Peach, g-reg is totally right. Peaches have definitely rotted out, Falcons are on the rise.

Protoguy

Smash Cadet
What the **** were they thinking when they made pichu, mewtwo, kirby, zelda, roy, and whoever else is extremely pathetic?

Honestly. It must have been a practical joke at the nintendo programming offices.

"Hey guys, look at this pathetic character I just programmed, should we put him in and see how many idiots think he's really good cause he has fire?"
Sig'd!

I bet that's almost exactly what happened...

BentoBox

Smash Master
Brookman: Yeah, if Brawl is any indication of what melee would have been like if it had been finished then I'm actually glad it was rushed and unfinished.

I would rather have a broken super competitive fast paced game that is unfinished, then a slow paced game where most characters can't combo for ****, and you live till 200% so games take forever and the game is slower overall.

****ing Brawl.
You haven't played the game, stafoo.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
So it seems rather obvious that we can all agree on having Marth at the top of the tiers, but ,in my opinion, Falco seems to be a tougher opponent then Fox. This is just my opinion though am I completely wrong?

Adi

Smash Lord
You haven't fought good Foxes, or you fight an overabudance of good falcos, or your strategy is weak against falcos. Either one of these ^_^.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
you are part of the "noob infestation"
#@$% im sorry your right that post was very hypocritical of me and i was annoyed at myself after reading it over, but im honestly not a n00b in smash ive just never devoted much time to the doc, i play marth, bowser, mario, and falco and i rank fairly well in tournaments in the city. Please disregard the beginning of my last post ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom