• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that every time you go into a topic where RoyalRook has posted, you proceed to emberass him with a sarcastic remark. Keep up the good work! :laugh:
Umm what is that all about? Spell and grammar check anyone?

I tried to pick up Mario many times, so I know he got potential to explore, what's wrong with that? All you needed is to be patient when up against a skilled Marth.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Well I think Pichu is top tier.

All he has to do is not get upsmashed by Fox at 30%

Or chain grabbed Shiek 0 to death.

Or get completely outranged by Marth and every other character in the game.

Pichu has way more potential than the "pros" give him credit for.

Binx

Smash Master
Mario's forward b can kill almost any character off the edge though, assuming you know exactly where they are going to go... and assuming they don't/can't sweetspot. Also his forward smash is REALLY strong, and he has an amazing taunt!

Pichu has amazing combo ability, did you know you can utilt a level 9 computer like 54 1/2 times to usmash and they just die? amazing, I really don't know why we don't see more Pichu running around, also he has those cute goggles, goggles for top tier.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Marth should be bottom tier. He's pathetic...

First of all, he does the most damage with the END of his sword. It's so hard to space and so hard to land. Roys larger zone is so much easier to work with. It's not worth the time and patience to learn the spacing on all of Marths moves.

Secondly, Marths grabs are terrible. They have very, very little KO potential until extremely high damages and do pitiful damage overall.

Marth has a terrible aerial game as well. His spike is so laggy that it's almost impossible to use. All of his other aerials have generally bad knockback unless sweetspotted (and thats impossible in the air) and are extremely difficult to string together into combos.

Marth has amazing up and down smashes though. He can snipe somebody from below coming down on him with his crazy up-smash, and his down-smash comes out and attacks both sides of his body. It's a perfect defense. Marth should never leave the ground! His F-smash needs to be avoided though, it leaves you completely open on your backside for too long to be useful.

Marth has lame tilts and b-moves too. Don't use them.

Roy's not much better.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I really want to go.

But. . . . seeing as how the only Floridians that are going consisist of Christians and Pu$$ies(those might be synonyms) . . . .

I'm actually scared that I will not make it back to Florida.

Or at least not in one piece.

Due to the whole smash community misunderstanding me as a person.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
1.Marth
2.Falco
3.Fox
4.Sheik
5.C.Falcon
6.Peach
7.Ice Climbers

Marth-He deserves this ranking because he has some of the best reach in the game. He also is very fast and effective in both the air and on the ground. His moves also have very large sweeping strokes wich makes him hard to approach. then when you realize that he has almost no bad match-ups is seems rather obvious that he should be at the top of the tiers.
Falco-He deserves this spot because of some reasons that I think can best be made in comparison to fox. Falcos Shffled lasers will pin any character the ground; when he is using those lasers then their no way to stay on the offensive. Foxes lasers on the other hand do NO knock back so all that it accomplishes is a small amount of % when you are to far away. Fox has the infa-shine when his opponent is against a wall which is quiet hard to set-up for. Falco's Pillar Works anywhere there is a flat surface; this makes Falcos far easier to pull off. Fox has the Shine Spike wich will kill alot of people and is a great move. Falco is not with out a spike though his D-air is effective enough to make-up for it.
Fox-Reffer to Falco section for details.
Sheik-She has amazing speed and insane combo-ability.I'm sorry but I don't know much about Sheik, but after seeing here in a # of matches I am convinced that she worthy of a high-rank on the tiers.
C.Falcon-His knee deserves this ranking; I mean he deserves this ranking because his aerial game is crazy. His pinged knee can kill you at really really low percents, and the rest of his moves will combo into his knee fairly easily. Then add in a amazing spike and one of the best dash dances ever you've got the insane Captain Falcon.
Peach-She has one of if not the best recovery IN THE GAME. Her down smash, even if it isn't crouch cancelled, will hit for a ton load of damage. Her down smash does only 14% per hit but if you are at like 40% or less then it hits you 2times or more. So her down smash does 14% to 36% to people that aren't even crouch cancelling. Her ranged attack is in kind of the same boat. The weakest of turnips does 6% wich is average for a ranged attack. If Mr. Saturn is pulled then it does 7%; a "winking" turnip does 10%; a dot-eyed one does19%; a beam sword will deal about that when thrown also does about 20%; she may also pull out a Bob-bomb that deals 30% or she may even pull a death turnip wich deals 36%. So her ranged attack does 6%to36%. SHE IS POWERFUL.
Ice Climbers-they can chain grab 0 to death all six of the characters above them, except Marth IF he smash DI's. They have the 2nd best wave dash in the game, and when they are synched they deal THE MOST DAMAGE IN THE GAME. They deserve this spot.
Feel Free to Disagree :) <3

Silvaxe

Smash Cadet
Marth's Recovery is not that good but he does have a far reach with that sword of his but yet i still think
1. Young Link :laugh:

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
You are right I have alot of trouble dealing with Falco's SHLs and I would appretiate some advice on how to deal with it. Is it simply a matter of learning to power shield them?

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
I think sheik is the best, she has such fast movent and combo abilities and a great projectile. She doesn't get comboed as easily as fox, and most good sheiks **** good falco's o_O.

I also think marth second. And even though King told everyone you can't base everything of tournament results... I think marth's top of the tournaments should put him higher than where he's at now.Also he has this really big amazing range and all his attacks are usefull and he should be third in PAL because they nerfed his spike over here in PAL-land and I think it's close between him and fox.

Third fox because he's super fast and amazing and fourth falco because he's clearly better then rest of the characters. After that I find it hard. Peach, ICs, jiggs, falcon all seem to be able to **** harder than I can even comprehend.

o yea and thats just IMO, ofcourse >_>

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
IMO falco doesn't even deserve top tier because he has a horrible recovery that's easy to edgeguard. Basically all you have to do is make one little mistake, and you get comboed and edgeguarded to death. Immediately. So, while falco is really imba onstage, similar to falcon, he is so weak when comboed and EGd that IMO he deserves high tier at best.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
JIGGLYPUFFFFFFFFFFFf

SHould be lower.. shes garbage

( i just wanna say i use i a low tier =} )

Binx

Smash Master
JIGGLYPUFFFFFFFFFFFf

SHould be lower.. shes garbage

( i just wanna say i use i a low tier =} )
LOL Jiggs is way better than people want to give her credit for, your doing your part to prove that I guess.

She is in the top 7 in japan I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom