• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Anyone below High tier obviously doesn't matter on the tier list. Nobody uses them and those who do, don't win tournaments. If it's not Shiek, Fox, Falco, Marth, Peach or C.Falcon, it doesn't matter.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
I demand to know who is working on the 2008-2009 tier list.
If not I'm doing it myself, and that means Luigi is god tier. =\

Brookman

Smash Hero
08-09 Tier List:

God Tier:

Mew2king

Top:

Fox/Marth
Sheik
Falco

Sorta good:

Peach
Falcon
ICs

??

D

Deleted member

In response to Choknators tier list, i think luigi should be one below mario. DK go below where YL is. Yoshi, and YL should be above G&W,and ness should go to the bottom of low tier, and i think Falcon and IC should switch. Thats all.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm, despite small negative discrepancies that y'all are coming too (which are fine and common), can we come to some consensus on some more important things to consider?:

- should luigi and link be officially mid tier? (long-debate, and i changed the sizes of the top and high tier to compensate)
- ice climbers/falcon on the tier list is really too close to call. i just like ic's better because i main them, plus the two IC mains (chu and wobbles) have been doing very well and have been showing a lot of good things about that would-be spot on the tier list.
- i've always considered the top 5 characters counter-less. many people have said "Fox/Marth are the top tier" which I'd agree with, but for the sake of distribution I added Sheik and Falco up there. I know Sheik can hang with Fox (see: KoreanDJ) but I'm not so sure about Falco being up there. Peach is iffy also. What do you guys say on Falco/Peach for top or high?
- low/bottom tiers are ever-changing as we see the players bring out their potential. these lower tier characters are REALLY dependent on the innovation/ambition of the players who use them... for example Bowser's rise from the very bottom was HEAVILY influenced by Gimpy's style... and Mewtwo is epitomized by Taj, etc. etc.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
hm, despite small negative discrepancies that y'all are coming too (which are fine and common), can we come to some consensus on some more important things to consider?:

- should luigi and link be officially mid tier? (long-debate, and i changed the sizes of the top and high tier to compensate)
- ice climbers/falcon on the tier list is really too close to call. i just like ic's better because i main them, plus the two IC mains (chu and wobbles) have been doing very well and have been showing a lot of good things about that would-be spot on the tier list.
- i've always considered the top 5 characters counter-less. many people have said "Fox/Marth are the top tier" which I'd agree with, but for the sake of distribution I added Sheik and Falco up there. I know Sheik can hang with Fox (see: KoreanDJ) but I'm not so sure about Falco being up there. Peach is iffy also. What do you guys say on Falco/Peach for top or high?
- low/bottom tiers are ever-changing as we see the players bring out their potential. these lower tier characters are REALLY dependent on the innovation/ambition of the players who use them... for example Bowser's rise from the very bottom was HEAVILY influenced by Gimpy's style... and Mewtwo is epitomized by Taj, etc. etc.
-Luigi and Link should get their own tier, "Limbo Tier," because they're sort of oddsocks that don't fit anywhere.
-IC ftw.
-Peach>Falco. Top Tier should be Fox, Marth, Shiek, Peach. Falco should be top of high.
-I have no idea about low tier, and since a lot of good players just own with them, they're all very close IMO.... I just don't know enough about Low Tiers, although I do think that Kirby is the worst character. He just has no favorable matchup. Your best chance of winning with Kirby is vs. another Kirby.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
also coughbumpkmvodkamexicancough
Fixed.

Yeah, Falco is a bit fragile. Good interms of what Falco can do, but still fragile. Falco vs Fox is so close to call but Falco takes that with a bit more gay than Fox in the matchup. vs Sheik is also along the lines of the same, but more gay for Falco. Then everything else is whatever.
A couple of pages back I made my tier list:

Iunno what you wanna call the tier rankings but IMO.

Fox
Sheik

Marth
Falco

Peach
Falcon

the rest.
There really should be any arguing about Sheik or Fox.

Sheik = reason why most characters are garbage.
Fox = reason why most stages are garbage.

But yeah, if anything top tier could be:

Top Tier
Fox
Sheik
Marth

High Tier
Falco
Peach/Falcon
Falcon/Peach

Middle Tier
Ice Climbers
Samus
Jigglypuss
Doctor Mario
Ganon
Luigi
Mario
Link
DK

Yeah, get DK, Luugz and Link outta low tier. Their too good for low tier. I can say more about the list, but I'm lazy lol.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Fixed.

Yeah, Falco is a bit fragile. Good interms of what Falco can do, but still fragile. Falco vs Fox is so close to call but Falco takes that with a bit more gay than Fox in the matchup. vs Sheik is also along the lines of the same, but more gay for Falco. Then everything else is whatever.
A couple of pages back I made my tier list:

There really should be any arguing about Sheik or Fox.

Sheik = reason why most characters are garbage.
Fox = reason why most stages are garbage.

But yeah, if anything top tier could be:

Top Tier
Fox
Sheik
Marth

High Tier
Falco
Peach/Falcon
Falcon/Peach

Middle Tier
Ice Climbers
Samus
Jigglypuss
Doctor Mario
Ganon
Luigi
Mario
Link
DK

Yeah, get DK, Luugz and Link outta low tier. Their too good for low tier. I can say more about the list, but I'm lazy lol.
Sheik suffers vs. Fox, the matchup isn't that good for her. Falco vs. Sheik is even, maybe better for Falco. Marth is almost certainly better than sheik. Peach is top of high tier as she beats fox and ***** falco. Like I said, for me it's like this:

Broken Tier
Fox
Marth
Sheik

High Tier
Peach
Falco

Middle Tier
IC
Falcon
Jiggs
Samus
----------------------------------------------------
(There's a slight divide here as the ones on top are much more tournament used than the ones on the bottom of the line, but all in mid tier are tournament viable)
---------------------------------------------------------
Doc
Mario
Ganon

Limbo Tier
Luigi
Link

Everyone else (I don't know much about these characters)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Same number denotes a tie. I'm 100% positive on the top 9, but after that...ugh.

1) Fox
1) Marth
3) Falco
4) Sheik

PEACH
5) Peach

HIGH
6) Ice Climbers
6) Jigglypuff
8) Captain Falcon
9) Samus

MID
10) Doctor Mario
11) Pikachu
12) Ganondorf
12) Donkey Kong
14) Yoshi
15) Mario

LOW
16) Luigi
17) Bowser
18) Young Link
19) Mr. Game & Watch
19) Link
21) Roy

BOTTOM
22) Ness
23) Pichu
24) Mewtwo
25) Kirby
26) Zelda

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I think it's time for me to repost my list

S: Fox, Marth

A+: Sheik, Falco
A: Peach

B+: Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon
B: Jigglypuff
B-: Samus

C+: Ganondorf
C: Doctor Mario, Mario

D+: Luigi
D: DK, Link

=== Failures ===

E: Pikachu, Young Link, Roy, Ness, Game & Watch, Zelda, Yoshi

F: Bowser, Pichu, Mewtwo, Kirby

Binx

Smash Master
I think it's time for me to repost my list

S: Fox, Marth

A+: Sheik, Falco
A: Peach

B+: Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon
B: Jigglypuff
B-: Samus

C+: Ganondorf
C: Doctor Mario, Mario

D+: Luigi
D: DK, Link

=== Failures ===

E: Pikachu, Young Link, Roy, Ness, Game & Watch, Zelda, Yoshi

F: Bowser, Pichu, Mewtwo, Kirby
This list is too good.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I like Big Rick's list much more than the current official one. Rating system seems much more fair and less ambiguous.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hmm...

Well, it seems to me we have all gotten the order correct. Separation into specific tiers is where it gets hazy. But as long as we've reached a consensus on the order all the way up to Doc, (Fo, Ma, Sh, Fa, Pe, Fal, IC, Sa, Ji, Doc) then i'm satisfied. Ganon/Mario/Luigi/Link gets a little iffy, but then DK comes next.

Panik

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...

Well, it seems to me we have all gotten the order correct. Separation into specific tiers is where it gets hazy. But as long as we've reached a consensus on the order all the way up to Doc, (Fo, Ma, Sh, Fa, Pe, Fal, IC, Sa, Ji, Doc) then i'm satisfied. Ganon/Mario/Luigi/Link gets a little iffy, but then DK comes next.
So what is the actual right order? What's on the first page?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
better top 10

1) Fox
1) Marth
3) Falco
4) Sheik

PEACH
5) Peach

HIGH
6) Ice Climbers
6) Jigglypuff
8) Captain Falcon
9) Samus

MID
10) Doc

TJJ

Smash Cadet
Can someone explain to me what makes Shiek so good?

My thoughts:

Top Tier:
Fox
Marth

High Tier:
Falco
Peach/Sheik

Middle Tier:
Captain Falcon/Ice Climbers

everything after that I dont know enough about the characters to change.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Because Sheik is cheap and combos easily and is fast and strong and -insert generic flattering comment here-.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I understand this is about tourmy results, but Yoshi and Captain Falcon should be a little higher. I think Yoshi should be in the Low and Falcon in the High. DK should move down to the Bottom. I don't see what's so special about him.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
DK also has massive Cargo juggles on fast fallers and is just in general better then Roy...
absolutely not! Roy rocks. and although DK may be able to cargo juggle fast fallers, Roy can SHFFL juggle fastfaller and chainthrow them. and about the list, roy should be higher.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
IMO Roy really doesnt have enough going for him. I think Dk is just a little bit more superior overall.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
IMO Roy really doesnt have enough going for him. I think Dk is just a little bit more superior overall.
Roy has an amazing cc game with his dtilt. His counter is also extremely useful. His b-moves are quite nice when compared to Marth's, but the lack of a tipper is what really ruins Roy. He's probably the most counter-intuitive character in the game because of how his strongest hitbox is in the middle of his sword.

DK has a good juggling game on fastfallers and an amazing bair, plus the ability to suicide KO with forward-carry when you're at high % and they're at a lower % (while you're a stock or so ahead).

D

Deleted member

absolutely not! Roy rocks. and although DK may be able to cargo juggle fast fallers, Roy can SHFFL juggle fastfaller and chainthrow them. and about the list, roy should be higher.
Eh, its pretty close, but Roy just doesn't have as many high placing players as DK.

Oh and to Yoshi's the Bomber 7, Yoshi deserves to stay right where he is. He would be higher, but a terrible grab+terrible OOS options+No 3rd jump=Yoshi staying right where he is. I main yoshi, but he still sux.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
dang that video was just a mediocre Donkey Kong messing with people who couldn't DI or play for that matter. bum is the only reason i can think of DK being in front of Roy.
there is absolutely no one placing high with roy at major tournaments. this should tell you something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom