• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
Correct tier list, do not argue:

=Top Tier=
Fox
Marth
Sheik
Falco

=High Tier=
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Samus

=Middle Tier=
Doctor Mario
Ganondorf
Mario
Luigi
Link
Donkey Kong

=Low Tier=
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Yoshi

=Bottom Tier=
Mr. Game and Watch
Zelda
Bowser
Ness
Mewtwo
Pichu
Kirby

:colorful:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am surprised you people still bicker about this old list. Brawl is practically at our door step, and you all are shuffling around the top six characters. Maybe they are all just equal and only beat each other based on personal skill.

Oh well. For those interested, my tomorrow's blog post is all about the tier list.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
marth
fox
falco
sheik
peach
CF
ice climbers
jiggz
samus
doc
gannon
mario
luigi
link
dk
young link
roy

the rest

EDIT: o yea toadturtle welcome to the boards! nice intelligent first post.
...which is why they base the tier list off of tourney results rather than someone's personal thoughts.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts.

TOP --- Fox / Sheik / Marth / Falco

PEACH --- Peach

MID-HIGH --- IC / Falcon / Jiggs

MID-MID --- Samus / Ganon / Doc

MID-LOW --- Luigi / DK / Mario / Link

LOW --- Pikachu / Game&Watch / YLink / Yoshi / Zelda

BOTTOM --- Roy / Ness / Bowser / Mewtwo / Pichu / Kirby

=====

Top is not ordered.

Peach is her own tier because she's better than Falcon/IC/Jiggs but not quite as good as the four above her by respectable margins. In an actual tier list she'd probably be tossed into top or mid.

I'm not sure what order Falcon/IC/Jiggs should be in.

I'm pretty sure Samus/Ganon/Doc is in order.

Low is not ordered.

The last three in bottom I'm not sure about but they're definitely the last three. I'm pretty sure Pichu and Kirby are worse than Mewtwo. Whether Pichu is worse than Kirby or vice versa is debatable either way since Kirby has better moves and more weight but Pichu has a projectile, more speed, less lag and is harder to edgeguard. I'm not sure about Roy vs Ness.
I actually liked your ranking system a bit more.
I think you could place peach in the mid high
pikachu might belong in the mid-low section though
and roy deserves the top of the low tier list.
i know roy is outclassed by marth in everyway possible but you can still win with him about the same as yoshi and gameandwatch

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
As terrible as Roy is I think there is no argument that he is worse than G&W. Roy's recovery may be terrible, but G&W goes flying at such low percentages and has practically no defense. Roy is definitely low tier but above G&W at least.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I am surprised you people still bicker about this old list. Brawl is practically at our door step, and you all are shuffling around the top six characters. Maybe they are all just equal and only beat each other based on personal skill.

Oh well. For those interested, my tomorrow's blog post is all about the tier list.
aww people are just gettin their post count up

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
... Look who's talkin'? :laugh:

But anyway, I really did get my post up. I wasn't adding fluff.

http://roabs.blogspot.com/2007/11/blood-sweat-and-tiers.html

That is how I feel about tiers.
Please shut up.

You have not beaten anyone good at all.

It doesn't matter that you use Young Link.

I'm so sick of people playing low tiers and then everyone thinks they're pro with that character, even if they don't win matches.

You suck.

Your characters suck.

And, your opinion, like mine, doesn't matter.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Please shut up.

You have not beaten anyone good at all.

It doesn't matter that you use Young Link.

I'm so sick of people playing low tiers and then everyone thinks they're pro with that character, even if they don't win matches.

You suck.

Your characters suck.

And, your opinion, like mine, doesn't matter.
:laugh: And you cannot read.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
stripes or bars, YOU shut up. there may be people who are better then others, but in truth they're not going to become famous unless they go with a not-so-popular character. you may be sick of those people, but like you said, that's only your opinion.
... Look who's talkin'? :laugh:

But anyway, I really did get my post up. I wasn't adding fluff.

http://roabs.blogspot.com/2007/11/blood-sweat-and-tiers.html

That is how I feel about tiers.
I read all of this and I can honestly say it is the best description about tier lists I've ever heard.

D

Deleted member

And for the record, buzz is one of the best YLs, and he has beaten good people.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to agree. Buzz is pretty bad. He's never beat me. :cool:

;)

And just to get some <3, Roy for bottom bottom tier!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'd have to agree. Buzz is pretty bad. He's never beat me. :cool:

;)

And just to get some <3, Roy for bottom bottom tier!
Hey, put your face over here... closer... closer...

:laugh: I used to be good. Honestly, I haven't placed decently in any tournament in roughly a year. >_<

Foe

Smash Journeyman
No. I am not going to make out with you.:mad:

Editz0rzz: I know you are good. Just..not as good as ..me. :p

Edit2: Ok, I'm really not that good.

Edit3: Just felt like editing to say I might be awesome Iduno man!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No. I am not going to make out with you.:mad:
... *BACKHAND-TO-THE-FACE*

As for tiers, I think the current list is quite accurate, and there is no point in trying to debate it since Brawl is so close. If you don't believe the current list then just ignore it. It does not affect your playing. It is just an asset to those interested in seeing how characters rank in the competitive community.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
...As for tiers, I think the current list is quite accurate, and there is no point in trying to debate it since Brawl is so close.
who are we to say what the tier list should be? it's just tourney results. that's why I can honestly say this is the most accurate of the up-to-date tiers because well...it's the newest.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
who are we to say what the tier list should be? it's just tourney results. that's why I can honestly say this is the most accurate of the up-to-date tiers because well...it's the newest.
Well, everyone acts like it controls their lives and feels the need to debate it to no end.

D

Deleted member

Well, everyone acts like it controls their lives and feels the need to debate it to no end.
...MUST...OBEY...TEH LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok sorry bout that. But seriously... MUST...DEBATE...TIER LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Does the safety dance, then gets kicked in balls*

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
...MUST...OBEY...TEH LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok sorry bout that. But seriously... MUST...DEBATE...TIER LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Does the safety dance, then gets kicked in balls*
:laugh: You say that as a joke, but it really is true! Whenever someone has a ten page essay claiming that Captain Falcon is top tier, I just reply, "Prove it." That saves me from having to write a ten page response. People are genuinely offended when they learn their favorite character is not the best, and they attempt to reason why that character is better than the top tier character based on their matches with friends.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
It seems that most people are looking at a Fox/Marth/Sheik/Falco top tier nowadays. I'd thought of it recently, but I didn't know whether other smashers felt the same way.

Anyways, I haven't posted a tier list idea in a while. Here are some ideas I've been throwing around.

TIER 1 - dominant
- Fox
- Marth
- Sheik
(small split)
- Falco

TIER 2 - standard
- Peach
- Ice Climbers
- C. Falcon

TIER 3 - competitive
- Samus
- Link
- D. Kong
- Ganondorf

TIER 4 - usable
- Dr. Mario
- Pikachu
- Jiggly
- Mario

TIER 5 - mediocre
- Luigi
- Y. Link
- Zelda

TIER 6 - characters that UmbreonMow uses
- Zelda
- Ness
- Roy

TIER YOSHI - because I, like the creators of the April Fools tier list, forgot him
- Yoshi

TIER 7 - infeasible in competition
- Mr. G&W
- Mewtwo
- Bowser

TIER 8 - pure crap
- Kirby
- Pichu

The 3rd and 4th tier are the only ideas that really deviate, this is a pretty conservative tier list.

D

Deleted member

Dude shut up, we all know C falcon is top tier! I'll prove it too *copys someones 10 page response* : "Falcon has teh knee! Teh knee iz teh pwnZ0R. I love teh pwnZ0R. I love falcon, ebuzcab hezteh ubr l33tzez. He has teh grab cmbes, nd tehz kenee. he alsoz gotz teh knee!! I lousves tehNEE! Teh Nee is betterz than Foxz shinez!" Ok, i saw something similar to that once, and i laughed.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
stripes or bars, YOU shut up. there may be people who are better then others, but in truth they're not going to become famous unless they go with a not-so-popular character. you may be sick of those people, but like you said, that's only your opinion.
"famous" and use popular characters
Ken, Isai, Mew2king, PC Chris, KoreanDJ, Captain Jack, Chillindude, etc.

"famous" and use not-so-popular characters
Azen, Chu Dat, that's about it

Binx

Smash Master
"famous" and use popular characters
Ken, Isai, Mew2king, PC Chris, KoreanDJ, Captain Jack, Chillindude, etc.

"famous" and use not-so-popular characters
Azen, Chu Dat, that's about it
Quoted for Truth and also

8 Undeniable reasons why C. Falcon is the sweetest character.
By G-Reg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I originally had this on gamefaqs.com but we all know that everyone that posts there is a pro, and were all noobs so ill put it here too.

Falcon is the sweetest character, and here are some non-opinionated, fool-proof reasons why.

1. He's ripped, completely muscle bound from head to toe. His pectorals are so defined that his nipples have enough muscle to poke out of his racing suit. Probably the greatest athelete ive ever seen.
2. He is 100% testosterone. His speech is more like grunting, due to his primal manhood. He pays no mind to women and children when wreaking havoc upon anyone/anything.
3. He never relaxes, he is flexing his muscles at nearly every moment, as he has a sure-limitless supply of energy.
4. One of his winning poses, shows him lifting his leg up and waving his crotch in your face, as if to say "suck a ****, loser"
5. His style is the loose-combination of the following bad-*****. Robocop, Judge Dredd, Captain America, Batman, and perhaps "the Narcissist" Lex Luger... Only C. Falcon lacks the weaknesses that these people have, such as "feelings" and "restraint to kill"
6. If you pause the game while he is in the middle of a down-aerial, you will notice he will be staring right into your eyes, letting you know that no one, not even you, is safe.....
7. I've never seen his *****, but by estimation I'm guessing it's around the size of Wilt Chaimberlain.
8. Due to poor video game design on nintendo's part, he is easily combo'd by nearly every character, yet while played correctly, can still rock every character in the nastiest fashion possible.

So it's finally settled.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Famous =/= extremely good at smash, lol
So you're saying the people I listed aren't well known?
Most of the best known smashers are the very talented ones. The only exception can be some of the people in DBR.
There are dozens of known low-tier players that we can name right off the bat!
Those who know dozens of low-tier players have good understanding of the competitive scene. Random nubs never heard of Taj, Buzz, Bum, Trevyn, etc.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
And for the record, buzz is one of the best YLs, and he has beaten good people.
No he hasn't.

Please name 2 people who are good that he's beaten.

lol at ppl trying to argue with doodah
I know, right?

My sentiments exactly...
You act like its possible for Yoshi, Bowser, or even Kirby or Y. Link to win tournies.

No one lives thier lives by the tier list.

The tier list is just a huge john for low tier players. It's there to make them feel good about themselves when they lose matches(to characters higher on the tier list).

Get over it.

Everyone plays who they want.

Those who know dozens of low-tier players have good understanding of the competitive scene. Random nubs never heard of Taj, Buzz, Bum, Trevyn, etc.
LOL, you put Buzz and Bum in the same sentance.

Basically Buzz, if I went out and made a vid of me playing say, Kirby, and I got a bunch of scrubs together to fight me, I would be well known too.

The smash community is full of idiots who will suck people off that can L cancel everytime.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Where did I say Yoshi, Bowser, Kirby, or Young Link win tournaments? Honestly, I don't think they win tournaments.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I didn't say they win tournies, I said you act as if they could.

Like there's some untapped potential in low tiers.
There is untapped potential in low tiers. The problem is, even when people like Gimpyfish go in and untap them, they still don't take first place. Yes, I am a low tier advocate because they are fun to compete with, but I don't preach that they win big tournaments.

And I agree that the tier list is the world's biggest john. I mentioned that in my blog.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
There is untapped potential in low tiers. The problem is, even when people like Gimpyfish go in and untap them, they still don't take first place.
Yeah but Gimpy did get second at a Socal tourney (DSF got first) and a bunch of ranked Socal players were there too.

D

Deleted member

Yea, and though lots of low tier players use them as johns, i use whoever i have fun w/, which can mean low and high tiers. Im sure others do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom