• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
It would be awesome suddenly one of the bottom tier characters jumped to top because of some new, imba, discovery
It could happen too, I am sure there are some pretty game breaking tactics that have yet to be discovered by many characters.

Cort

Apple Head
I highly doubt there are many considering how long this game has been out. I doubt there are even more than 2, actually.

Certain low tier characters have above average edge gaurding against certain high tier characters (such as Bowser's and Kirby's edge gaurding against Marth), and that's all I can really think of when it comes to finding "game breaking" discoveries with them. As far as general tactics that work on many characters go, I doubt that there is any at all.

Corigames

Smash Hero
HEY GUYS!?!?!?!

Why isn't Roy over Marth, he has teh phyres!

Seriously, sick of that >_>

We just got a bunch of freshmen at our college who think they know everything about the game but actually know next to nothing. One person plays Marth and just D Airs next to the edge the entire game, begging for someone to come near.

They like to play on all the stages, so we have to show them why some are broken... by being broken. Same for items. Now I have no problem doing either, but when they are seriously competing and are on Mushroom kingdom 2 with bomb-ombs and hammers at max, you just want to... *twitch*

Anyway, tiers are good, we need an update or something, this is old.

Brookman

Smash Hero
****ing Pawned.

I had noticed that too, but honestly...does it seriously matter? REALLY?! DOES IT?! REALLY?!

thebird

Smash Rookie
Top Tier:
Fox
Falco

High Tier:
Sheik
Marth
Peach

Middle Tier:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf

Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

hm, i'd like upper tier back and have cf through jiggy in it

kirby and bowser should be a bit higher

but meh, its fine as it is

Protoguy

Smash Cadet
Top Tier:
kirby and bowser should be a bit higher

but meh, its fine as it is
If anything Kirby should be lower, and Bowser is too slow to be higher...

Falco needs to be bumped down to high and Sheik and Marth need to be moved to top...

Oh, and everything that needs to be said about that video can be found in my comment on the video itself...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Marth is such a hard character to place in the tier list. I always think he should recieve high placement because of his range and recovery. Falco/fox don't have such luck with their recoveries, often times once they're off, they're off. I have trouble judging Sheiks, because there are no good Sheiks in FL (not a joke). I've watched some pro Sheiks, and I'm still wondering whether Sheik deserves the spot over Falco.

Binx

Smash Master
Sheik deserves the spot over Falco but barely IMO, and Aesir basically sums up the own your face tier in my tier list post a month or so back. I also think that ICs due to their success from Chu and Wobbles in the last year should move up to 6th or maybe knock peach down to 6th and take 5th, and then have high tier be only 4 players long, although that might be kind of extreme because Peach is a very very good character. Still though ICs have been consitently placing higher than Falcon I am pretty sure, not that it really matters outside of the top 5.

technomancer

Smash Champion
M2k says Sheik.

Falcon > Peach, discuss.

I think the old tier list was actually more accurate lol.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I feel that M3D (former MLG tournament director) said it best in the Smash Back Room. He pointed out that at this point in the game, there is no point in trying to differentiate which character is better than whom in any given tier. Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik are the best characters now. They all take turns beating each other. Sometimes, one particular character wins at several tournaments, but in the end, those are the magic four, and it more depends on who is playing them than which character was used.

As for the other tiers, the same thing ought to apply. Once grouped into a particular tier, the sequence really should not matter. Sure, "Link > Young Link" according to some people, but Young Link can just as easily beat Link because they are in the same tier. It is all just a numbers game. They were sequenced based on which one tends to beat the other, not on repeat landslide victories (at which point, they belong in another tier).

It's not even worth stressing over anymore. Brawl will be out int two months.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yes, the point of tiers is to show which characters are closer together than others. But the tier lines are definite. The difference in character quality that we choose to define a separate tier is arbitrary in the end.

Link, Luigi, and DK should not be in the same tier as YL, or ROY for f's sake. They need their own tier. Or be in Mid.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I really don't think falco is a part of the magic four. Not at the highest levels of play (aka PC vs. other top players) Falco is like a really obese kid trying to swim the english channel in baggy clothing with big shoes on. The only reason he's not dead yet is cause his fat is keeping him afloat.

If you disagree with that analogy, or find it offensive...just kill yourself.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, until recently, PC Chris did use Falco to take on Ken in multiple MLG finals, no? So, his usage is slightly declining, but I feel he still deserves his spot.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I really don't think falco is a part of the magic four. Not at the highest levels of play (aka PC vs. other top players) Falco is like a really obese kid trying to swim the english channel in baggy clothing with big shoes on. The only reason he's not dead yet is cause his fat is keeping him afloat.

If you disagree with that analogy, or find it offensive...just kill yourself.
That's sig material... sum1 put it as their sig for me plz.

Here are the true rankings, brought to you by yours truly:

Fox/Marth> Sheik >> Falco/Peach > ICs/Falcon > Samus/Jiggs >> Mario/Doc/Ganon > Luigi/Link/DK >>CRAP

cablepuff

Smash Ace
That's sig material... sum1 put it as their sig for me plz.

Here are the true rankings, brought to you by yours truly:

Fox/Marth> Sheik >> Falco/Peach > ICs/Falcon > Samus/Jiggs >> Mario/Doc/Ganon > Luigi/Link/DK >>CRAP
done and I still hold my signature as my tier list.

Binx

Smash Master
Best

Fox
Marth
Shiek

Near best
Falco

Real good

Peach
ICs
Gimpy's Bowser