• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaa

Smash Cadet
Lol, well thats what I've been told by many players of different games. I mean what's a better perspective then the players that play the characters the best? And from a player that places in tourneys with that character? I'd take the opinion of the best people at the game then some one that believes a character should be above another character because of a move they don't like or can't get around.

Of course character potential is a trick in the whole tier thing...i.e. Daigo's Ryu from Street Fighter Alpha 3...he basically put him there himself...The Japanese player that discovered A Groove Bison from CvS2 and many other examples...I'm just saying going by the tournament and match ups seems the best way until someone proves otherwise in a tourney..cuz thats where it all matters.

And yea Cort...my bad on my choice of words...and of course I respect other's views.

Brookman

Smash Hero
A tourny *** list and a fun *** list.

Kaa, I wasn't talking about you and your opinion, I was talking about other people. You're cool, so far as I've seen.

Kaa

Smash Cadet
Well thank you Brook..and yea I'm just new to the community and I don't know how people take things lol...My brother used to be a Tekken player...thats how I know of all the high level gaming and such...

nuro

Smash Lord
This is my ULTIMATE tier list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Tier:
Chuck Norris

High Tier:

Middle Tier:

Low Tier:

Bottom Tier:

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Was this tier made before wobbling was banned? If it was do you feel that the ice climber's still deserve the rank that they are given? plz reply.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Wobbling has always existed. It just hasn't gotten mainstream attention until Wobbles the player came along to shake things up.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Wobbling isn't "banned." Some tournaments have banned it, but a large majority in the SBR have expressed the opinion that it shouldn't be banned. Additionally, wobbling hasn't influenced tournament results very much, so IC position wouldn't change much.

And /groan at the Chuck Norris.

-_-

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
F&V:

Azen, Chu, and KDJ....but what's the point of your post anyway? It has nothing to do with the tier list.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Wobbling isn't "banned." Some tournaments have banned it, but a large majority in the SBR have expressed the opinion that it shouldn't be banned. Additionally, wobbling hasn't influenced tournament results very much, so IC position wouldn't change much.

And /groan at the Chuck Norris.

-_-
I'm not in SBR, so as far as I'm concerned SBR sucks. Also, I'm pretty sure cort is in, which makes it even less respectable.

but yea, wobbling is cool. It's just boring to play against.

Binx

Smash Master
I think for tournament the Tiers really dont matter except for the top 3-4 characters, Fox Marth Sheik Falco Peach are the top 5, Fox and Marth have 1 bad match up each, shiek has 2, falco has like 2, Peach has a couple.

Afterwards it matters very little, I think that because fox falco and sheik are played so frequently that ICs should move up to 6th above falcon, because ICs can go even or better with those characters and Falcon gets wrecked by them. Of course its largely irrelivant because a good Peach, Samus or Marth have the advantage.

Of course skill will always own Tier placing, but at the highest level of the game skill plus lack of viable counter picks will usually be the deciding factor. I wish Ken or M2K or some other amazing Marth would come and tell us if they think that the bad Sheik match up is bad enough to consider her a counter at the highest level metagames, or just a "I have to play perfect and its even matchup"

If they think that the Sheik match becomes even at a high level metagame I would tie Fox and Marth for Norris Tier and just leave the rest as it is because no one cares.

Aesir

Smash Master
Marth has won like 3 outta the last 4 big tourneys.
I know >_> thats one person though, it lacks consistency you don't see as many marths in the top 10 then you do foxs thats my point.

But if you want to argue who wins the most, then yeah marth should be above fox on who wins the most tourneys. because m2k always win with marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom