• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Lol, technically, yes I am. i made it home easily enough. Got home and crashed the **** out. Its funny cause I thought my mom would be raging. Jesse says whats good.

otg

Smash Master
Alright, I put up rankings in the original post for people to see. I based it off of Nikos list that he posted awhile ago and made changes based on criticism in the thread, as well as help from Milos and Neal. If anyone has any beef or feels something should be changed around, feel free to throw it out there.

Also, I didn't include Neal, Tian or Moko because they don't live or play very often. I was thinking about taking a few people off as well for being relatively inactive (Jona, Niko) but than our list would have waaaay too much gap in skill because the people after Sam are not to good/barely play. That gap in skill already exists pretty hard due to PC being better than everyone by like a huge margin.

Niko45

Smash Master
Looks perfect to me even though I haven't played anyone on that list anytime recently. Last person I played was actually Ritz at No Johns in mid February.

Idk I feel like as soon as I got good enough to realize just how good the really great people are at this I realized I didn't have the dedication/time to get to that level. What is it worth anyway when KDJ, DSW and Azen and people like that can just hop out of retirement and still be top 10 at the so-called revival of melee? The game is definitely dying in my opinion as far as tournament/competitive scene is concerned but I'd just like to say I need to get over to Purchase sometime and play you again Max so that you can **** me and show me how good you have gotten bc I do still like to play my mindset is just not that competitive anymore.

Milos

Smash Lord
the game is still competitive, kdj and shiz are just natural

look at kage, advancing the metagame with uh... dorf....

haha and people like hungrybox who can get top 8 at a tourney like that

and then there's hax who's 14 and IMO the best falcon

and lite who's 12 years old and mad good. the game is still competitive as hell, just not as popular as it used to be.

Niko45

Smash Master
that ganondorf **** is crazy

playing jigglypuff is selling your soul in my opinion

I played hax a couple of months ago at nyu beat him a couple of times/didn't get *****. He's nasty and maybe he got better but idk about best falcon.

kdj and shiz aren't naturals at all there's no such thing in my opinion they just have a ****load more experience than every new generation player and they also played the biggest part of their smash "careers" in the most competitive era of the game unlike all of us. We will never compare.

It's probably just me losing interest but oh well.

otg

Smash Master
Sheldon: I don't know, I think Jona should actually be higher than a lot of people on this list cause he's surprisingly good. He needs to play people. Where do you think you should be?

Niko: I'm with you son, my interest in this game has been waning and I've been taking it less seriously, but I've also been improving drastically because the few times I've played this year have been with people drastically better than myself. It's like Hyperbolic Time Chamber status. I also agree that while Hax is INSANE for being 14, I don't think he's the best Falcon. Yeah I'd be down to play sometimes, frankly I've given up hope on you but if you want to play let me know and we'll figure something out.

I'll still play this game as long as someone else wants to, but you won't find me practicing by myself or trying to improve my tech or fighting computers or anything of that ****. Not only is there no point, but I just don't have the interest/time to give a ****.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
5 is chill an all, but idk. I've been playing w/ milos a bit, but besides that I'd say that I get no practice because my wii is broken/getting repaired atm.

so like, don't be too hesitant to drop my ranking lol or put someone above.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Sheldon: I don't know, I think Jona should actually be higher than a lot of people on this list cause he's surprisingly good.
lol

just lol son

i dont know about this...cuz i havent played nick in a while, milos ritz or reaver or hazz or pc ever

but i sure as hell am tfs looool

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Sexy list Max. Just you wait...once I come back to NY, you're going down :laugh:.

That's assuming I stop johning and actually start working on not losing to you as often :(.

Oh, funny thought: I'm the only one on the list to have a bottom tier main. Go Kirby!

otg

Smash Master
loool

i wanna play soon guys...i was playing my little cousins and i was feelin so good...lol

lets do something that i can actually go to lolool
I would be down to play tomorrow/wednesday/thursday/friday afternoons/nights. Today is really busy for me, and I'm probably going to be busy till about.... 6 or 7 tomorrow? So maybe we are better off another day, but you let me know and I'll get back to you.

Sexy list Max. Just you wait...once I come back to NY, you're going down :laugh:.

That's assuming I stop johning and actually start working on not losing to you as often :(.

Oh, funny thought: I'm the only one on the list to have a bottom tier main. Go Kirby!
Yeah but if I was to put you in the list based on using Kirby alone you'd probably be lower than you deserve. No hating on you or your kirby skills, just that Kirbys kind of a punk *****, and gets treated accordingly.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but if I was to put you in the list based on using Kirby alone you'd probably be lower than you deserve. No hating on you or your kirby skills, just that Kirbys kind of a punk *****, and gets treated accordingly.
XD

I suppose no one appreciates the SSB or SSBM Kirby as much as I do (Brawl Kirby is no good).

otg

Smash Master
Really? I think Brawl kirby is kinda fun, although I pretty much only like brawl for characters who can get those jihads in. But yeah, kirby has the strangest digression in all the smash series:

64 - cheap ****
melee - contender for worst character overall
brawl - decent?

lol wtf.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
omg omg wednesday???? if my girlfriend goes to softball practice ill probly go around like 4:30 if thats good..but just for like an hour and a half because i need to look at cars for me with my dad around 6 30

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Oh, otg, would you be free this weekend to come to the city? We're trying to have some big smash thing here.

Milos

Smash Lord
The weekend after that, anybody I've met before is invited to my house, mango and PC will be there, m2k mayyyyybe and if he is I want to record like 500 matches.... Crew battles?

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for some smash

Once I come back from college.

Off topic: I won a brawl tournament on my campus. It was teams...team attack off. Double snake is too good.

otg

Smash Master
Team attack off? Dear god. If only they allowed that in melee lol.

I'm somewhat curious to enter a brawl tournament just to see how I would do. I haven't played in months, but I feel like that won't make much of a difference.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
so my falco is pretty sexy: discuss.

/cocky

/we need to play soon, but not in the upcoming weeks, because I'm off for college searchin on the west coast lol

/who's going to SPOC/Milos'?

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I haven't played brawl seriously in months, let alone just playing the game at all.

I heard from a friend that people thought me and my partner play the game a lot and practice b/c we were so synchronized :laugh:.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Any word on whether or not you might come? They have to turn in the guest list by Wednesday.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
No, it's free to enter, it's just that we have to submit a guest list to housing security if we have over a certain amount of non-NYU people coming.

But, yeah, we're starting at 12ish on Saturday, at this building called Palladium. Its address is 140 East 14th Street. Right on Union Square. You can take the 4, 5 or 6 down from Grand Central to there if you decide to come in by train.

Top Bottom