• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

Reaver197

Smash Lord
We usually play a bit every Thursday and Friday (though I have to show up late on Fridays), and maybe even Saturdays if we prearrange something. Kenny told me he's pretty much free every Thursday and, I believe, Friday evening. Tian is harder to get a hold of, lol. He's sort of on a hiatus at the moment, studying for midterms, but he usually is free Thursday evenings when he isn't getting owned by his classes.

So, if you want to come by at some point, I'll ask around for when everyone is free and able to get together.

As for the 7th, I'm thinking I will, and I will be most willing to team with you, if you would like it. What should our team name be? The pre-reg form asks for one, lol.

Edit: I'm unsure of whether I should enter into singles or not. I would probably just get horribly owned.

Just out of curiosity, have you already gotten your own mode of transportation there?

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
it would work like this...

you come here, i own you, you go home and cry and practice (lols)

but really idk, but you still gotta come tho so we can finally play son

otg

Smash Master
I don't think it would matter if you pre-register your team name or not. I'll do whatever. Frankly I'm not like biased in who I team with, all I know is if I do enter an event it will be teams, but I'm not even sure if I can do that now. I might just spectate. But yeah, we'll figure it out.

Edit: Just noticed this. Mikael, no I still don't have a car, but I will def by the summer. Times are tight right now.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, I see. Well, it seems that I have to take a train back home in order to grab a car to drive there. I thought it was closer to the city.

Oh yeah, this Sunday, we're having a bunch of people come over to play Smash. Would you like to come to the city for it? We've got some local pros coming, like DJ Nintendo apparently, and Tian and Kenny said they'd show up.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I just want to get practice in. The tournament on the 7th is in a week and I've only played a handful of times in the last month. I'm probably dead $ by this point.
That's a downer though. You could always just go for friendlies or something :ohwell:.

By the way, I talked to Bob and Bruce yesterday. They're willing to pick me up from Worcester and house me for the week I have off. I'll call you once I get to NY. If you want me to play some smash with you during that week, just call me. Keep in mind you may be having me for the night though :laugh:.

otg

Smash Master
Awesome. My good days are Monday/Wednesday/Thursday and of course the weekend, so anytime you want to chill I'm game. Housing you should also not be a problem at all, I get to meet Yedi this friday lol.

otg

Smash Master
I'm housing like 4 people for Saturday, which I'm most likely not going to now because of $$$. I think it's ****ed that I have to pay for both days even though I can only go to Day 1, thats a severe waste of $$ considering that $20 is literally all I have to my name right now. If I had enough to enter either singles or doubles I would def come, but this is a lil steep for just spectating and friendlies. Regardless, if they are willing to drive out to Hastings I'll let you know.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Hey Max, update on me coming to NY:

So as of right now, Bob/Bruce might not be coming to pick me up. Bob is a little too busy with work unfortunately.

Regardless, if that doesn't work, I can always take the bus down and stay there. I'll probably be coming down to NY on Saturday or Sunday, depending on when I can get to the bus station without walking.

Also, I haven't been playing melee too much because a) I've been caught up in TvC and b) everytime I play with my friends, I usually...don't lose and no one wants to play me. So either I've ascended to the "next level" (SUPER SAIYAN 5!!!!!) or they just suck. :laugh:

I'm bringing my controller, not my Wii.

otg

Smash Master
That's totally fine. If you come down saturday or sunday I could actually probably pick you up from the Bus station. Is it White Plains bus station? Also, don't worry about the Melee action. I've barely been playing this year because I'm trying to focus on school, so the only person I play with now is my boy Gareth (who you have met before). I'm a lil rusty myself.

Let's get it on mofo/.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
That's totally fine. If you come down saturday or sunday I could actually probably pick you up from the Bus station. Is it White Plains bus station? Also, don't worry about the Melee action. I've barely been playing this year because I'm trying to focus on school, so the only person I play with now is my boy Gareth (who you have met before). I'm a lil rusty myself.

Let's get it on mofo/.
Yea, White Plains Bus Station.

Yea, I've been busy this year/term as well.

Yea, bring it!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

Let's get it on mofo/.
i don't want no johns for when we ness ditto MM
XD

50 cents get at me

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Awesome friendlies we had the other day Max. A shame I was rustier than you were :ohwell:.

If I have some time this next term (once I finish my senior project, odds are I will), I'll definitely work on my game again. Probably just need to work up on the basics or something.

The next time you see me, I'll be free from college (and if I'm lucky, have a job).

otg

Smash Master
No johnz Neal lol, I love you but I was pretty rusty too. Also, you clogged my toilet you son of a *****, I had to clean that **** up *literally*. But yeah, it was def fun playing you, although I'm not playing you in Smash64 anymore if all you're going to do is use Kirby, that **** is gay. It's like having a win button, but instead its just Dair, Fsmash, Bair, Fair and Utilt.

Also, my spring break is this week. I'm going to be free this friday til sunday the 22nd, so I'll be in New Ro. Smashfests people? I'm going to have an open house for a few days this coming monday and tuesday I believe. Mikael what's your situation like? Tian and I were talking about trying to play sometime this break, so let's try and get some **** going for the OTG Tian rematch lol

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I'll be free spring break. I'll be seeing Tian later on today and I'll talk with him about it. How free is the rest of the week in case Monday and Tuesday don't work out so well for whatever reason?

otg

Smash Master
I'll be free all week, that isn't a problem. Monday and tuesday is preferable if people want to sleep over, but you all know my mom, it's not a problem as long as I have a heads up. I'm really excited for this, I can't wait to play yall again.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Yeah. Monday and Tuesday I actually have work to do, so I'll be busy those days actually, but every other day is fine. However, I'll talk with Tian and everyone, see what they say, and I can try to shift around my schedule if need be.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
No johnz Neal lol, I love you but I was pretty rusty too. Also, you clogged my toilet you son of a *****, I had to clean that **** up *literally*. But yeah, it was def fun playing you, although I'm not playing you in Smash64 anymore if all you're going to do is use Kirby, that **** is gay. It's like having a win button, but instead its just Dair, Fsmash, Bair, Fair and Utilt.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Yea, Ryan said he would call someone about that...guess he never did. Sorry about that dude :urg:.

Also, you beat my Kirby a few times. He's not all that bad :laugh:.

Ok, fine. No Kirby. I'll stick with Fox and Mario then. Maybe I'll learn Ness, he's pretty cool too.

otg

Smash Master
ok, so I am aiming to do a smashfest on tuesday, as well as one later in the week to accommodate Mikael and people. Anyone interested in going? Milos and I are working on getting some local players around here, so please yall try to make it out. We're going to need a lil help with setups potentially.

otg

Smash Master
Could you still come on tuesday though? If you crashed you could still take the 7 to school, just from the other direction. Also, I am planning on doing another smashfest later this week, probably around the weekend but it won't be as big because my momdukes will be around.

Alsossss, for you guys here is a link to the event:

BAM!

Top Bottom