• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Maybe it's because it's late at night but I feel like a really big idiot. How do you set up the .gct file?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hm, question...

I set up everything, with the textures and whatnot, but GeckoOS isn't coming up as a program in the Homebrew Channel. Does anyone know what I did wrong and/or how to fix it?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hm, question...

I set up everything, with the textures and whatnot, but GeckoOS isn't coming up as a program in the Homebrew Channel. Does anyone know what I did wrong and/or how to fix it?
Your directories wrong, you gotta have the following:

I:\apps\[Folder name, doesn't matter the name]\boot.dol

or

I:\apps\[Folder name, doesn't matter the name]\boot.elf

IE, for example:

I:\apps\GeckOS\boot.elf

If you have that it will show up. If not, it won't. The first letter doesn't matter, just the driver letter of your SD card.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Scratch that question, I figured out what the problem was -- I put the GeckoOS folder in there, but it turns out there was a folder deeper in there I had to get instead, so problem solved.

But, now I'm having another problem...the STAGE textures are working perfectly fine, but the characters don't seem to be. I checked the directories, and I have ALL of Toon Link's extra costumes hacked (and I tried multiple costumes anyways), so that can't be the issue...

Can anyone think of anything?

EDIT: While I'm at it, how exactly do you use PT's Final Smash textures? Like, where do you put them?

EDIT2: Disregard the first question, I've figured out what I was doing wrong. But, the second question still stands, I'm still confused as to how PT's Final Smash textures work.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
OK ive done everything there is to do except gettinmg the .pcs to .pac could someone help please? I desperatley wanna use my texture hacks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
OK ive done everything there is to do except gettinmg the .pcs to .pac could someone help please? I desperatley wanna use my texture hacks.
You need to download an application called lz77ex.exe. You drag the .pcs onto that application and it'll extract the PCS file and create a .pcs.out file. Once lz77ex.exe has done its job, rename the .pcs.out part of the file name to .pac, and you'll have your new PAC file.

Also, I recommend that you extract the new PAC file to see if the texture isn't corrupted. If it is corrupted, then the PCS and PAC files are useless.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Um, about that lz77ex file...is there any way to directly download it, or do I HAVE to extract it using all of those programs?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Um, about that lz77ex file...is there any way to directly download it, or do I HAVE to extract it using all of those programs?
Its generally a part of any ASH/STASH/CUPASH download package. It is part of any official download. You likely already have it if you have one of the three packages, if not, download ASH here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OW1W6EG3

illinialex24

Smash Hero
how do I use the red Ike slash .PAC and a texture?
The red slash should go in the character folder and it has likely two parts:

FitIke.pac
FitIkeMotionEtc.pac

Just name the other ones regularly and have these files in the same folder and you will have the texture with the red slash. I have red slash roy Ike personally and Tabuu slash Marth.

M.K

Level 55
Oh wow, thank you so much for this guide. It really worked like a charm (with the assitance of someone who already did it, that is!)

My only question is where do I place the Character Select Screen images?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hey guys, does anyone know the location of the output files from SSBExtract?

I thought it was C:\ but apparently I was wrong. -_-

EDIT: Never mind, I think I located them.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
o noeZ i converted all to .pac but they arent working. ill go reactivate PhantomWings and see what will happen brb

EDIT: i re-did Phantom Wings but still no texture change
EDIT 2: got it workin it looks ****in sweet!

comboking

Smash Master
Someone should make a code so if you have more than one stage texture it would randomly pick 1.
That would be cool.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Im just wondering...

for charizard... is the file setup like

Fitpokelizardon##

or

FitPokelizardon##

or FitPokeLizardon##

or etc...

And what exactly was the command that made all transformers independent?

Le Heroine

Smash Rookie
Quick question, can't someone just upload their own SD card directory so one doesn't have to create a ton of folders?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Im just wondering...

Fitpokelizardon##

or

FitPokelizardon##

or FitPokeLizardon##

or etc...
It doesn't matter, as long as you have the name right it'll work. So basically, any one of those would work.

I'd keep the same name for the .pac (if you're putting it for PT) just incase though.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Im just wondering...

Fitpokelizardon##

or

FitPokelizardon##

or FitPokeLizardon##

or etc...
All of those are correct, it is not case sensitive.

@Le Heroine:

"Quick question, can't someone just upload their own SD card directory so one doesn't have to create a ton of folders?"

Umm...I doubt anyone would upload a folder infrastructure...I mean that's really pointless.

And no offense but that's really lazy of you. I would understand if you wanted textures for every character though.

Yet, despite all this, I know that the Brawl+ 4.1B set has some preset textures inside (fixes teams colors and gives you some other nifty stuff too), as well as some premade folder infrastructures for textures.

I am also sure there are texture packs made that contain the premade infrastructure too. There are threads with download links. I do not know exactly though, as I never felt the need to texture every character.

TEECO

Smash Ace
This is where I'm stuck...

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs

So for every color/texture hack, we have to make a seperate file in it in the character's file?

For example: fighter----> captain ----> Fitcaptain01.pcs / Fitcamtain02.pcs ect.

???

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
ok...I had my textures working perfectly fine...and then the next day they just stopped working...everything remained the exact same way...and it stopped working... wtf?

2Sko

Smash Cadet
I got one question, now I play online like everyday with my friends, I gave my friends the exact same textures i have, when we play online, why do they only work sometimes? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom