• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, i really need you guys to be on time. we have a time limit on this venue(i know, it sucks) but we will get 1vs1 and 2vs2 done. there will be no side events or hacked wiis. if i see a hacked wii. the owner is disqualified.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Maybe. Let me talk to lee and see if we are carpooling. How far away is the Venue from your house?
it's on the other side of houston, so it'd be a 3 hour drive from austin. (going an hour away from my place)

so i mean, unless you wanna drive all that way in the morning ><

Xyro77

there Is A New Smash Series Going Down In Houston. They Wont Be As Big As Hobos But They Provide Money!!!! Go To Front Page

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys, i really need you guys to be on time. we have a time limit on this venue(i know, it sucks) but we will get 1vs1 and 2vs2 done. there will be no side events or hacked wiis. if i see a hacked wii. the owner is disqualified.
Uh, it doesn't work like that TGM. Define "Hacked Wii". Many Wii's have the homebrew channel installed.

Hacks are not present unless loaded with Homebrew. So all you have to do it make sure each wii is turned on and then goes to brawl and not the homebrew channel.

Xyro77

Uh, it doesn't work like that TGM. Define "Hacked Wii". Many Wii's have the homebrew channel installed.

Hacks are not present unless loaded with Homebrew. So all you have to do it make sure each wii is turned on and then goes to brawl and not the homebrew channel.
i shouldnt have to define it. people know what im talking about. if they dont.......they are dumb.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i shouldnt have to define it. people know what im talking about. if they dont.......they are dumb.
Ok. I'm just saying if you turn on all the wii's then you will know they don't have hacks activated. I don't want to be disqualified halfway through the tournament just because my wii has the homebrew channel on it.

Xyro77

Ok. I'm just saying if you turn on all the wii's then you will know they don't have hacks activated. I don't want to be disqualified halfway through the tournament just because my wii has the homebrew channel on it.
you wont. u dont break rules. your a good guy

-Ran

Smash Master
If you're worried about what codes are being used, you can have someone just use ONE SD card to go around loading the games.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Most people have "hacked" Wiis nowadays for extended replays... you're gonna be limiting yourself to very few setups by banning them altogether.

-Ran

Smash Master
hey ran is your g/f coming?
:p j/k
Lol. Well, probably not. She doesn't work so I have to pay for her to go + eat. Last trip to Hobo cost me 100 dollars. As someone that has yet to win any tournament money from Brawl, or money matches, it isn't really worth her coming, especially if her seat can be filled with someone that is going to split gas with me.

Xyro77

TSM is on my B-day. ill be with family and GF that day(nov 15th). if u ever go to houston or hasv a TMS again....ill play you.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol. Well, probably not. She doesn't work so I have to pay for her to go + eat. Last trip to Hobo cost me 100 dollars. As someone that has yet to win any tournament money from Brawl, or money matches, it isn't really worth her coming, especially if her seat can be filled with someone that is going to split gas with me.
You should bring her so everyone can gawk again lmao.

I didn't really get a chance to talk to either of you for very long last hobo. I was hoping you would bring her so I could have lunch with you two or something :).

Also, TGM...If you want I can check all the Wii's for hacks etc. I can also bring my SD card(assuming you trust me) which only currently has infinite replay time. So we could save any match we wanted on my wii, or any wii with homebrew installed. Just make sure you have me use my SD card so you know that's the only hack activate. You can check my SD card if you have an SD card reader on your laptop if you don't trust me :).

Or I could just check and make sure none of the wiis are booted with homebrew :).

-Ran

Smash Master
You should bring her so everyone can gawk again lmao.

I didn't really get a chance to talk to either of you for very long last hobo. I was hoping you would bring her so I could have lunch with you two or something :).

Also, TGM...If you want I can check all the Wii's for hacks etc. I can also bring my SD card(assuming you trust me) which only currently has infinite replay time. So we could save any match we wanted on my wii, or any wii with homebrew installed. Just make sure you have me use my SD card so you know that's the only hack activate. You can check my SD card if you have an SD card reader on your laptop if you don't trust me :).

Or I could just check and make sure none of the wiis are booted with homebrew :).
Well, originally I was trying to ride with Lee, Pierre, Sudai, Vaughn, but the seat was filled by Pierre's girlfriend. I didn't find out that I was getting off till today. So, now I'm working on getting Cyphus / Houma players to come with me. Due to this, I actually will probably have a spot for my girlfriend to come. It's just a matter of paying for it. Really, if my car has two other people in it, with gas being lower, shouldn't be too bad.

Yea, it sucked that during Hobo I didn't really talk with anyone. The noise -really- ****ed with my head. I just didn't want to be there after an hour of being in the venue, even before the tournament started.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
TSM is on my B-day. ill be with family and GF that day(nov 15th). if u ever go to houston or hasv a TMS again....ill play you.
johns haven't you heard its smash>RL. Even sethlon is scared of coming over here houston is just trash vs el paso.

and I traveled 40 hours from another country to get to your tournament and this is how you repay me? by celebrating your birthday?

Well hopefully we can host another big tournament soon too since this seems like a real good chance to build up the smash community here. But I think the next time we meet would be at hoboW or Whobo forgot how it goes. I've already told these guys about it but they're like we still have time we can plan later.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
One day I'm going to open a restaurant called Arturito's Burritos. I'll host the biggest smash tournaments ever grand prize will be 20000 burritos.

edit: well since Houston isn't coming I'm going to introduce El Paso to the cinnamon matches in your honor. Now where ever Austin travels they well meet people throwing up every time.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199961&page=45

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
She wants to know if you'd want her to where a bikini and a mini skirt? =P
YES. That's perfect. Tell her she should stand by the TV I'm playing on in all my tournament matches as well.

I can't lose :). My opponents will be too distracted.

-Ran

Smash Master
So you're saying you don't like hot white women?

PS: I'm starting a fund to get Sachi to come. [It's for her birthday] Any donations are welcome if you'd like to have more than one female at the event to stare at.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So you're saying you don't like hot white women?

PS: I'm starting a fund to get Sachi to come. [It's for her birthday] Any donations are welcome if you'd like to have more than one female at the event to stare at.
Not at all. I'm saying I'm going to be smart about it and look at her in between stocks, while my opponents will be distracted the whole time.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Alright, we're only two days from the tournament. I encourage everyone to bring set-ups, we only have the place from 1:30 to 11:00 so we're going to have to be efficient. It goes without saying that I will not hesitate to dq someone for being late to a match.

I will have a few members from my club helping out so don't be alarmed if a person you haven't seen before comes up and starts telling you stuff on behalf of me. Hopefully this won't happen since I will try to keep them busy with setting stuff up and concessions.

Since this is a game room, there will be pool tables in the middle of the room. I ask that you just leave these things be, please don't sit on them or anything like that. There will also POSSIBLY be a foosball table, ping pong tables, and a couple of dart boards. Same thing applies to these things.

Besides that, if you get lost in the college or in Baytown in general give me a call at 832-262-0373. I don't really expect that though since Baytown is fairly small and there are signs all over town that lead to Lee College.

I believe that covers almost anything, I'll post again if anything else comes to mind.

Top Bottom