• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

kown

Smash Lord
o.o That's so silly. I don't care if they're asian or not, if the women are hot then I am SO there. :D ( Um, til my boyfriend pulls me away. ;-; ) However I tend to like olive-skinned women and lighter, and I have a personal grudge against latinos. >>

On the other hand, I hate guys who generalise women ( or anyone for that matter ) by "white". ;) ( Flamewar meybi? :D )

Sometimes true. ;D

Wow ok I'm glad I'm not really a redhead. :D
redheads are ugly...

indians (asians) are the hottest women. perfect skin color and everything.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sybawave, don't post Melee related stuff in this thread. Houston Melee players hardly visit this thread...

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ok. "Modding" your Wii isn't hard at all, and that is very nice. However, all this "modding" requires a lot of extras. Instead of bringing a regular setup (TV, Wii, Brawl) to a tournament, a new setup (TV, Wii, Brawl in case something goes wrong with mod, TP, SD card) is required. Bringing setups to a tournament is almost entirely based on the hope that the players attending will bring their own equipment. Unless the SBR mandates that the mod is necessary, most players are probably not going to spend the extra money necessary to mod their Wii. Also, I doubt that an individual will be willing to supply that many SD cards and copies of TP.

This may be a stretch, but what about checking to ensure that all copies of the mod are the same? All copies of the mod must be the same, so what if someone brings an altered copy of the mod to try to gain some kind of unfair advantage? I have no idea how long it takes to check the code that is required for this mod, but in order to ensure uniformity, this must be checked at some point. If it takes a long time, this could possibly prolong our already long tournaments. Again, I have no knowledge of checking code or anything like that.

Question: Has the freezing issue been fixed. At Hylian's tourney, we had a lot of trouble with the Wii freezing due to the mod.

Side Note: Also, Wavedashing and L-Canceling have no place in Brawl. I play Melee for that. Brawl and Melee are two different games.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Well they invited me to Smashfests and play melee from this thread. Plus, a lot of the old SSBM players are on this thread so I thought that maybe they would like to know. It just came out and I thought some people would be interested. Some of us aren't entirely stuck on one game

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bear, I thought they already got the right set of codes for the no-trip Wii? I think someone said that they used the glitchy first-generation codes, and the second generation codes actually worked properly.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Ok. "Modding" your Wii isn't hard at all, and that is very nice. However, all this "modding" requires a lot of extras. Instead of bringing a regular setup (TV, Wii, Brawl) to a tournament, a new setup (TV, Wii, Brawl in case something goes wrong with mod, TP, SD card) is required. Bringing setups to a tournament is almost entirely based on the hope that the players attending will bring their own equipment. Unless the SBR mandates that the mod is necessary, most players are probably not going to spend the extra money necessary to mod their Wii. Also, I doubt an individual will be willing to supply that many SD cards and copies of Wii.

This may be a stretch, but what about checking to ensure that all copies of the mod are the same? All copies of the mod must be the same, so what if someone brings an altered copy of the mod to try to gain some kind of unfair advantage. I have no idea how long it takes to check the code that is required for this mod, but in order to ensure uniformity, this must be checked at some point. If it takes a long time, this could possibly prolong our already long tournaments. Again, I have no knowledge of checking code or anything like that.

Question: Has the freezing issue been fixed. At Hylian's tourney, we had a lot of trouble with the Wii freezing due to the mod.
You only need TP once. The SD card fits inside your Wii. How hard is that exactly? Does the extra ounce from the SD card weigh you down?

You can find 1gb SD cards online for under $5 AFTER shipping. You can find them in a store for $10. You're going to tell me someone who spent $250 on a Wii, $35 for a GC controller, $50 for Brawl, and probably more for accessories can't spend $10 at most on an SD card?

And as far as the cheating thing, I could come up with a way to watermark the game and check it from the inside. I would have to ensure that I did not leak the information so that no one could replicate the watermark. It's not as easy as just modifying something because the final product is a hashed file that cannot be modified - only replicated.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Alright. That is good. I never looked up the prices.

So, only one copy of TP is necessary? It can then be removed and placed in another Wii? If so, that is very nice.

This argument is for the future:

MLG purchased smashboards.com. This action makes me think that they are going to add Brawl to their circuit next year. Assuming they do this, do you think that they will allow modded version of the game to be played in their tournaments? If they do decide to add Brawl to their line up, I think that they will have made that decision on the basis that they will be using a "pure" version of the game. Like Melee, the revisions to the game will be made within the parameters of that games programming.

I have no idea if MLG has to go through some sort of contract or agreement with the creators of the games and the counsels that they use in their tournaments. If they do, I don't think they will be open to using a modded version of their product.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I have a common exam tonight.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
This Friday: PASADENA SMASHFEST(east Houston) !

I'm having a Brawl/Melee smashfest this friday starting at 7 p. I have a 2 story townhome and we can use the bottom story for the fest. I'm guessing there can be about 20 people give or take. I've got plenty of room for setups, so bring 'em! We can order pizza from Little Caesar's down the road. People can stay the night, but I only have one spare twin size bed and a couple of blankets; other than that a buncha carpet.
This is my place, so no parents or anything like that to worry about. I've got 10 chairs, maybe bring a collapsible one if you want. That's it, let me know if you can make it. Don't come earlier than 6:30, I may not get home until 6. Fest absolutely ends at 9 am the following morning.

My, Paul's, cell:
832-262-8416

Deer Park Village Apartments
7201 Spencer Highway, Pasadena, TX 77505
Apt 461

The complex is between Red Bluff road and Mamacita's restaurant. When you enter, just go straight and take a left immediately past the leasing office. My apartment will be dead ahead to the left of the dumpster.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This Friday?!

Noooooooooooooo!

How do I keep having work when there are smashfests? :(

onii-chan

Smash Ace
yesssssssssssss
flacooonnnn thrust!!!! impregnates every woman in a 3 mile radius of the hear said thrust...

but...yeah modified brawl?stupid in my opinion...who cares about balancing characters wieghts and such...leave them be...god......look at other fighting games...like SC4 its prodecessors where so ****ing awesome and this game comes out and its much different from before

yes characters where nerfed to crap but it didn't make the game unplayable as a matter of fact there are SC4 tourneys just like brawl; yet unlike brawl there isn't ppl out there tryin to change the way the game is played just because they want it to be the way the prodecessors where...

really i am not tryin to sound like an a hole or anything...but be real ppl get off melee **** already...jesus...

also go ahead...feel free the flame the hell out of me see if i care...your gonna be the one looking like a stupid jerk

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
flacooonnnn thrust!!!! impregnates every woman in a 3 mile radius of the hear said thrust...

but...yeah modified brawl?stupid in my opinion...who cares about balancing characters wieghts and such...leave them be...god......look at other fighting games...like SC4 its prodecessors where so ****ing awesome and this game comes out and its much different from before

yes characters where nerfed to crap but it didn't make the game unplayable as a matter of fact there are SC4 tourneys just like brawl; yet unlike brawl there isn't ppl out there tryin to change the way the game is played just because they want it to be the way the prodecessors where...

really i am not tryin to sound like an a hole or anything...but be real ppl get off melee **** already...jesus...

also go ahead...feel free the flame the hell out of me see if i care...your gonna be the one looking like a stupid jerk
You must be the first person on the internet to actually not like Soul Calibur IV (assuming that you're a fan of previous games in the series). Honestly, I haven't met anyone that complained about it (other than little character nerfs).

And SCIV, unlike Brawl, gets patches and updates. It's already on 1.03

Big difference sir.

Gea

Smash Master
I dont know who shiva is but Indian women can either be amzingly sexy or amazingly good at cooking...

its a win win. but i prefer sexy.
I never liked my women to smell like curry. Especially if they aren't cooking at the time. Plus the whole Bindi thing makes me jumpy because I always think someone's about to get sniped.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
You must be the first person on the internet to actually not like Soul Calibur IV (assuming that you're a fan of previous games in the series). Honestly, I haven't met anyone that complained about it (other than little character nerfs).

And SCIV, unlike Brawl, gets patches and updates. It's already on 1.03

Big difference sir.
never said i didn't like SC4 so you sir read too much into things

yes and this patches in no way change the way the character act...trust me pimpslaps owns the game and there is no difference between the patches except for the few tweaks in stuff that needed fixing long ago...

so i wouldn't be acting so superior to ppl...he who tourneys blow

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
whoa now....no need to be harsh....it was probably an honest mistake on his part

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
never said i didn't like SC4 so you sir read too much into things

yes and this patches in no way change the way the character act...trust me pimpslaps owns the game and there is no difference between the patches except for the few tweaks in stuff that needed fixing long ago...

so i wouldn't be acting so superior to ppl...he who tourneys blow
I wasn't even trying to have an arguement dude, and now you're becoming the cocky one.....

Have you even been to one of my tournaments?

Geesh... I have one overcrowded monthly tournament and suddenly everyone thinks I suck at running tournaments despite all that I've done? Ya gotta remember I have to work with what I got.

whoa now....no need to be harsh....it was probably an honest mistake on his part
Thanks Quincy. I really wasn't sure what his opinion on SC IV was, actually.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
dunno if that vid is hacked or not....not gonna accuse anyone....but that, more or less, looks like the air-dodge from melee =/

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yea it's a hack using that homebrew ocarina channel thingy.. Looks intense.. Oh well I'LL STICK TO MY DIDDY DRIBBLING YESH

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Not only do hacks alter the way the game was created/meant to be played in the first place [...]
Oh, you mean like in tournaments? By omitting items, stages and even a character?

Hacks aren't practical by far, but at least they are trying to make the game more interesting and balanced. And what I mean by that isn't adding technical fluff such as L-cancelling, wavedashing and the like.

The game was meant to be played casually. Melee is no different. Getting a bunch of goofball buddies together and playing a wacky Nintendo All-Star fighting game once every 2 weeks or so. Not 80 people in a commercial building putting money down to hopefully be in the top 5 after spending months practicing.

If you want to play the game "as it was meant to be played" I \would never suggest going to a tournament.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
I wasn't even trying to have an arguement dude, and now you're becoming the cocky one.....

Have you even been to one of my tournaments?

Geesh... I have one overcrowded monthly tournament and suddenly everyone thinks I suck at running tournaments despite all that I've done? Ya gotta remember I have to work with what I got.

Thanks Quincy. I really wasn't sure what his opinion on SC IV was, actually.
oh is that what you where ddoin/ yet every time you come here to condesend everything i say...but still you say you didn't won't to agrue...

its a while known fact all your tourneys have been major fails and remains a fact to this day...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
oh is that what you where ddoin/ yet every time you come here to condesend everything i say...but still you say you didn't won't to agrue...

its a while known fact all your tourneys have been major fails and remains a fact to this day...
wow.... these has to be one of the most unintelligible sentences ever.... you don't make any sense.

And chances are you've never left Houston, so you don't have a whole lot to go on.

Nike.

Smash Hero

You do realize that his tournies are the only ones that out-of-towners travel to for san antonio, right? The one time he had SC4 in the same room with smash, ALOT of ppl showed up. And it's only a monthly. He just had one this past saturday, and it was the smoothest tourny ive been to in over a year.

Did you even attend, dude?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

You don't get to say his tournaments are bad if you don't go to them. I can complain all I want because I travel, but if you don't go to someones tournaments then what right do you have to complain about them o.O?

It's like..."

"Ha! Your tournaments are BAD!"

KM: "You don't even go to my tournaments..."

You:"Don't be so condesending! Your tournaments are BAD! HA!"

>_>.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You do realize that his tournies are the only ones that out-of-towners travel to for san antonio, right? The one time he had SC4 in the same room with smash, ALOT of ppl showed up. And it's only a monthly. He just had one this past saturday, and it was the smoothest tourny ive been to in over a year.

Did you even attend, dude?
*recalls hobo11*

azen,m2k,dsf,edreese,lee,affinity.....ect

west coast,east coast, mid west, and south

TGM wins.

However, ill admit the best melee tournament ive ever went to was in SA. it was the final smash where foward and dope went. that seriously will be with me till i die. oni-chan.....GTFO(in a nice way)

onii-chan

Smash Ace
You don't get to say his tournaments are bad if you don't go to them. I can complain all I want because I travel, but if you don't go to someones tournaments then what right do you have to complain about them o.O?

It's like..."

"Ha! Your tournaments are BAD!"

KM: "You don't even go to my tournaments..."

You:"Don't be so condesending! Your tournaments are BAD! HA!"

>_>.
uh...was i talkin to you?i believe i wasn't but if it makes yourself feel important to talk go ahead be my guess...i won't stop you
wow.... these has to be one of the most unintelligible sentences ever.... you don't make any sense.
And chances are you've never left Houston, so you don't have a whole lot to go on.
learn to read correctly and maybe someday you will be on my level of thought and yes like i said...you always have something to say about something i post...basically you come here just to condesend everything i say is that not why you are here?

if not...we have nothing to talk about so keep your mouth shut when i post and we won't have any problems..
*recalls hobo11*

azen,m2k,dsf,edreese,lee,affinity.....ect

west coast,east coast, mid west, and south

TGM wins.

However, ill admit the best melee tournament ive ever went to was in SA. it was the final smash where foward and dope went. that seriously will be with me till i die. oni-chan.....GTFO(in a nice way)
<.< >.> you should know by now i hate when ppl do that...just coming in and out to condesend what ppl say...its very annoying to me

and really puts me on the edge...also today i am not in the best of moods...

*onii GTFO*

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
onii just stop. who cares what he or anybody says online. i talk trash all the time but in real life im a decent guy. online doesnt mean anything.

Top Bottom