• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Make Peach's fthrow Melee-esque. Yay she's fixed.

It's worth noting that in the E for All demo, Peach's fthrow WAS Melee-esque, perhaps better. Killed under 100%.

They gimped her further even after the demo was released >_> Fthrow's the best way to fix her. She just needs a kill move.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Who's up for a smashfest at my place this weekend in Pasadena? It would be Brawl/Melee on Friday, but it isn't going to be declared for sure until I know who wants to come.

Gnes

Smash Master
Only when he has goggles.
Don't ask how I know that.
XD
Ok enough gay ****.

Santi's Bday tomorrow!!!
The ****er is 18. He's legal!!
Everybody come down to San Angelo for a huge smashfest tomorrow!!!
I'm not talking about smash brothers!!!
My kind of party :laugh:....no seriously sex partys are AMAZING...until the STD's come...

Kirbys hammer should autocancel...****!!!!...Also fox should be able to cancel shine faster(wave shine combos >.< >.< >.<)

edit: Flip, get out of the library

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If it was like the E for All Demo..... then Brawl wouldn't have ended up as it was. It's a shame they used feedback in a negative way against us by taking things out like crouch canceling.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Things like crouch canceling were never there. They just thought they were. Look at E 4 All videos and you'll notice no L canceling, no crouch canceling, etc.

Anywho, I love Brawl the way it is; I just think it has some balance issues (like any other game).

And also, to the logic of, "this isn't how the game is meant to be played," I'll respond that Brawl was never even meant to be played competitively in the first place. I mean come on, it has TRIPPING.

Also: SBR application thread is up http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5567426

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Things like crouch canceling were never there. They just thought they were. Look at E 4 All videos and you'll notice no L canceling, no crouch canceling, etc.

Anywho, I love Brawl the way it is; I just think it has some balance issues (like any other game).

And also, to the logic of, "this isn't how the game is meant to be played," I'll respond that Brawl was never even meant to be played competitively in the first place. I mean come on, it has TRIPPING.

Also: SBR application thread is up http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5567426
Of course then I would definitely bring up why in the world are people trying to make this a competitive game regardless? Other fighting games never had such handicaps in place like Brawl forced on players.

NOT TRYING TO MAKE AN ARGUMENT HERE. Just stating the obvious.

And to finish, if life gives you lemons, make lemonade?

But I wouldn't mind playing the modified version if it buffs the veteran characters a bit more. Most of the top tier is made of newcomer characters.

Come on, it'd be like SF HD Remix ;)

Of course assuming that ever gets out of the Ryu/Ken beta.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Of course then I would definitely bring up why in the world are people trying to make this a competitive game regardless? Melee never had such handicaps in place like Brawl forces on players.

But I wouldn't mind playing the modified version if it buffs the veteran characters a bit more. Most of the top tier is made of newcomer characters.

Of course assuming that ever gets out of the Ryu/Ken beta.[/QUOTE]

Melee was not meant to be a competitive game. We had to ban items, stages, stalls, etc. Nearly everything that made the game so advanced was unintended and a result of them rushing the game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Of course assuming that ever gets out of the Ryu/Ken beta.
Melee was not meant to be a competitive game. We had to ban items, stages, stalls, etc. Nearly everything that made the game so advanced was unintended and a result of them rushing the game.[/QUOTE]

Lee Harris is gawd.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Melee was not meant to be a competitive game. We had to ban items, stages, stalls, etc. Nearly everything that made the game so advanced was unintended and a result of them rushing the game.
This IS true, but I'm referring to things like the auto sweetspot, infinite airdodges, tripping and Final Smashes. These are handicaps for less skilled players.

Banning stages and items is not a handicap, they are just things unfit for tournament play (like the special mode in Soul Calibur).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Seriously, that's the only real gripe I have with Brawl, besides Meta's ease of use.

I play Sonic, and I need to be sure that I can dash without tripping. It's not fun to trip.

Oh, and Sonic STILL needs to be faster. I expect him to run TWICE as fast in Smash Bros. 4.

He needs to run Final Destination in less than half a second, or it just isn't justice.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Seriously, that's the only real gripe I have with Brawl, besides Meta's ease of use.

I play Sonic, and I need to be sure that I can dash without tripping. It's not fun to trip.

Oh, and Sonic STILL needs to be faster. I expect him to run TWICE as fast in Smash Bros. 4.

He needs to run Final Destination in less than half a second, or it just isn't justice.
Fine, fine. But only if Sonic gets NO kill moves.

And all his moves must consist of spin attacks. Even the jabs.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799

lol your still on the whole sonic needing to be faster?

they should've made him 10 times faster

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that I hate about brawl is not being able to enjoy playing melee. I'm Monday, Wednesday, Friday brawl. Tues, thursday, saturday melee. Sunday, I'm supposed to be taking a break..but I'm a sinner so more BRAWL WOOOO!! I can't even play brawl tournaments on melee days. Oh noes

Sachi

Smash Rookie
Everyone that lives on the net, video games, or anime thinks asian chicks are amazingly hot. Fact of the matter is they are mostly short with little to no *** or ****. I'm a legs and *** man, so I don't like em (or their faces). However, I really REALLY like halfies. Half asian, black, latina with white = as hot as it gets (when they're athletic).
o.o That's so silly. I don't care if they're asian or not, if the women are hot then I am SO there. :D ( Um, til my boyfriend pulls me away. ;-; ) However I tend to like olive-skinned women and lighter, and I have a personal grudge against latinos. >>

On the other hand, I hate guys who generalise women ( or anyone for that matter ) by "white". ;) ( Flamewar meybi? :D )

girls are overrated. guys is where it's at.
Sometimes true. ;D

I think redheads are hot. Just throwin' that out there.
Wow ok I'm glad I'm not really a redhead. :D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You do know that Aryan = the original whites which was considered a race, right? Where do you think all the white supremacy stuff comes from? XD I'm just using the most recognized nomenclature. Hell, even the Asians themselves used to believe that pale/light complexion was a sign of better breeding and genes (as evidenced by the copious amounts of white make-up that was worn by the higher class ladies).

And hotness is purely subjective, so it's all pointless bickering. I just stated why I didn't find Asian women attractive, and also pointed out that it seemed an odd trait that most people into video games/anime/forums/roleplaying/etc find Asian women incredibly attractive (unlike myself, who also partakes in many of the aforementioned activities).

I agree with Tallman, redheads are hella fine, and, from my perspective the best :D

Sachi

Smash Rookie
You do know that Aryan = the original whites which was considered a race, right? Where do you think all the white supremacy stuff comes from? XD I'm just using the most recognized nomenclature. Hell, even the Asians themselves used to believe that pale/light complexion was a sign of better breeding and genes (as evidenced by the copious amounts of white make-up that was worn by the higher class ladies).
Lawl. Not to start anything, but don't confuse me with the German's screwed up idea of the "perfect race". I really despise being called or confused with being one of them. I'm not even from the South - I haven't experienced what all this "white supremacy" shiet is, we didn't and still don't give a sh*t up in Oregon. Your example fails. ;)

I live in the present, I don't care what WAS better.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I can't wait till Friday so i can test this wavedash stuff out. I wonder how much it could really change the game, because not only is there wavedashing but there is also the old SSBM airdodge which means no more infinite airdodging which means some combos can now be possible. This is very exciting.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Too bad that stuff will never be tourney standard.
The only thing that could keep it from being the tournament standard is people saying it can't be the tournament standard. I'd love to debate someone on why they think it can't be. :)

But I agree that wavedashing shouldn't be in a patched Brawl. I think a patched Brawl were to become used at tournaments (even for side tournaments), I think that the engine should remain untouched and the characters should just be buffed/nerfed to have a more equal game.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The only thing that could keep it from being the tournament standard is people saying it can't be the tournament standard. I'd love to debate someone on why they think it can't be. :)

But I agree that wavedashing shouldn't be in a patched Brawl. I think a patched Brawl were to become used at tournaments (even for side tournaments), I think that the engine should remain untouched and the characters should just be buffed/nerfed to have a more equal game.
Just so you know, I'm 100% with you on this. I'm not about to declare my next tournament to be a hack, but Gamelot wants to do FREE byoc weekly gaming nights and I can't imagine a better place to test the waters with whatever people come up with.

Regardless I'm sure it'd be more fun that I'd currently have with Brawl.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lawl. Not to start anything, but don't confuse me with the German's screwed up idea of the "perfect race". I really despise being called or confused with being one of them. I'm not even from the South - I haven't experienced what all this "white supremacy" shiet is, we didn't and still don't give a sh*t up in Oregon. Your example fails. ;)

I live in the present, I don't care what WAS better.
This is the last I'm going to say on this subject, as I don't want to derail or interrupt the thread anymore. If you feel like making one last post on the subject, by all means do. However, I will not grace it with a response unless it's in my PM box.

1) You're a bit naive if you really think the Germans came up with the concept of the Aryan race. The concept was around all over Europe way before they decided to make that the subject of their ill endeavors. I was just providing an easy example of supremacy for you. If you are not pleased with that one, the Anglo-Saxons (which includes every type of white, as opposed to just blonde hair and blue eyes) often imposed their superiority over other colors/races.

2) Your opinion on what people should be called is of little consequence, as it is history and society that dictates denominations and nomenclature. I'm sure you've filled out questionnares before. White is quite clearly considered a race by general society, therefore it is... and by correlation, there are white women.

3) I'm amused you really think that the KKK, the Neo Nazis, and other such supremacist groups are/were solely a Southern problem. They were dominant and more active in the South (and many were founded in the South), but their influence extended everywhere (including Oregon)... and the North is plenty racist as well.

4) You're a bit naive with your "living in the present" response. History shaped and influenced what we are today, it can't be ignored, nor eradicated just because you say it's the present now. We may have, as a whole, attempted to fix many of our mistakes/biased preconceptions/etc, but by no means does that remove all our underlying bias or tendency.

5) I laughed at the "no u" ness of your statement "Your example fails." when you provided no real counterargument. Then again I shouldn't have expected much, this being a random forum on the internet and all.

Back on topic: I agree with Lee on the idea that balancing could be accomplished much more simply and with less dangers by just tweaking weights and knockback.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
as much as i love melee, i don't think we should be trying to "patch" brawl for any tournament format. i do think the whole "wavedashing in brawl" is pretty cool though, just because its amazing to see what people can do.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I'm down for a debate. However, if I start to lose, I'm just going to yell out, "**** YOU" and leave. :psycho:

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Ok, I'll start.

"Modding" your Wii in this sense is merely installing an exploit that allows unsigned code to be ran. The hackers that developed the Twilight Princess exploit have repeatedly stated there is nothing Nintendo can do to seal the hole they left open. This means that regardless of Nintendo's actions, this exploit will forever be possible.

The exploit is unbelievably easy to do as well. All you need is a copy of Twilight Princess and an SD card. If the hacked version became the standard, a zip could be distributed with the TP hack and the already included Brawl hacks, and all the user would have to do is this:

Step 1: Put in Tp
Step 2: Load the save file
Step 3: There is no ****ing step 3

And they have now installed the hacked version. To use it, they would click on the custom channel I would make that says, "haxx0red gay brawl" or something and it would boot the game in a modified form. If you wanted to use regular Brawl, you would just launch it using the normal method.

Your turn!

Top Bottom