• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

SParklez

Smash Rookie
Hmm, let me go down the line of trashy MMOs... how bout RO.. Massive grind fest there -_-;
Whaaaaaa!!! RO!
**** dude... talk about grinding... I had a lvl 86 lk once. It took me 13 months

But you ultimately play for the WoE part of the game, which to this day is still epic by all forms of PvP in any game.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
People would just choose rand since CF PT and TL suck.
TL doesn't suck :).

I would play TL and Random :).

All though I would be broken if everyone had to use random lol. Ask Lee Harris :).

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I've been very active in "The Official Should/will metaknight be banned v2" thread. The main reason why people are considering the ban are largely over two things.

1-Matchup analysis. Any logical player would recognize that he/she has the largest chance (statistically) at winning a tournament using Metaknight.

2-Based on how the brawl engine supports said character, smash communities are finding no resolve for playing any character other than metaknight. This leads to MK being in the top of the top in tournament placings.

These two main points together bring players to believe that a change needs to be made regarding this character in hopes of improving the metagame.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
QFT i know first hand.
I got wrecked by some nasty IC chain grabs in cali,

but then again I'm like one of the ONLY texans who consistently goes OOS
u got wrecked cause u didn tech or they used the INFINITE on you(which means you cant prevent it from happening). the blame is on you or the ICs.......not my tournies

oh and to the rest of you.....READ MY WORDS CLEARLY!!!!!!!!! im not banning meta any time soon. i want feed back on what u think about HIM and how well he did in this HOBO

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I've been very active in "The Official Should/will metaknight be banned v2" thread. The main reason why people are considering the ban are largely over two things.

1-Matchup analysis. Any logical player would recognize that he/she has the largest chance (statistically) at winning a tournament using Metaknight.

2-Based on how the brawl engine supports said character, smash communities are finding no resolve for playing any character other than metaknight. This leads to MK being in the top of the top in tournament placings.

These two main points together bring players to believe that a change needs to be made regarding this character in hopes of improving the metagame.
PREACH AAAWN, brutha. :p

Hmm...I've recently noticed that I'm THE ONLY link who attends HOBOs. Forget link MAINS, I haven't seen another link USER ever since the U of H HOBO! Does this mean I'm the best link in Texas? ;D

All joking aside, I am desperate to see more links at these. I'm assuming everyone just drops him as an option of character choice just because of how he does against MK, like MANY OTHER CHARACTERS. This is another reason MK should be banned...once you ban him, more and more people will use those characters in the mid/low tier list that are so neglected so much of the time. Otherwise, hardly anyone will know how to PLAY WITH, let alone UNDERSTAND any of those characters' metagames. A large chunk of brawl's metagame has gone to waste, all because of one character.

On a final note...

There are no such things as tornados. MK just hates trailer parks.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No one uses Link because he is just trash.

Not really, but he's stupidly easy to gimp and requires a stupidly high learning curve to get good with compared to other characters. D:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Eh, yeah. That was me. But, shhhhhh, I'm a figment of imagination it would seem.
[+13 Valor]

Soooo, pretty darlin'...

A/S/L?

Oh he won, so close banana gimped recovery while we both were at 140%ish. Good to see more Diddy's representing.
Hollaaaaa, lucky Z-dropped bananas off the stage to lock down a hard-fought victory! Seriously, man - I think it was probably my favorite match of the day, and it was a friendlies warm-up. =) I got pretty nervous when we started matching glide-tosses and gimping the **** out of each other. I'm going to be severely disappointed if you don't make it up for OH SNAP!, brother.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
[+13 Valor]

Soooo, pretty darlin'...

A/S/L?

Hollaaaaa, lucky Z-dropped bananas off the stage to lock down a hard-fought victory! Seriously, man - I think it was probably my favorite match of the day, and it was a friendlies warm-up. =) I got pretty nervous when we started matching glide-tosses and gimping the **** out of each other. I'm going to be severely disappointed if you don't make it up for OH SNAP!, brother.
Seriously, that ditto had me on the edge of my seat!!! :). Tooooo good.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
No one uses Link because he is just trash.

Not really, but he's stupidly easy to gimp and requires a stupidly high learning curve to get good with compared to other characters. D:
ARIGHT THAT'S IT $sideways 8 MM NEXT TOURNEY FOOL! >:O

Jk, jk, yea I totally agree on the learning curve for link, but gimping him isn't as easy as people make it out to be. Link is one of the fastest falling char's in the game, which can totally fake out your opponent, not to mention his hookshot comes in handy when recovering from a short- to mid-range distance from the stage, his upb has high priority, and his bombs can save his hide from time to time. Granted, it takes awhile to be able to comfortably manipulate all of Link's recovery strategies (never mind how to use him xD), but his opponents will have trouble with such a tricky character as well.

I dont banning MK would have a huge effect on low tiers characters placement in touranments. They still will have trouble.
Well, of course they will have trouble, that's why they're in the low tier. xD
That doesn't mean that they are as useless as the low/bottom tier chars in Melee, however.
They will have more trouble than other characters, but, if MK is banned one day, people will figure that they still have a chance with them. People will drop their MKs and pick back up their good ol' lucas, mario, ness, sonic, PT, etc. I'd like to see that. :)

Edit: Speaking of PT, VGGs in friendlies Magik. Ur PT was quite beastly, and it looks like the tourney results agree with me. xD

BlueJx23

Smash Cadet
as for the whole ban Metaknight feeling i was getting from the event, i personally am neutral. my friend, TheJerm, who got stuck in a pool with three MKs (who so happened to advance) might feel otherwise, though. i should mention i got eliminated both times in the brackets by MKs, but from my perspective, they're just another difficult matchup. alright, that sums up my post, i had fun and can't wait for the next HOBO.
copy and pasted the end of my post in the tourney results thread. i hate MKs just as much as DDDs and Falcos. it's a bad matchup for Mario, but i don't hate him enough to ban him.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember who it was that asked (and I don't want to go fishing through 15+ pages of MK fashion), but here's one of the vids up for Hobo 11. Sorry it's so short. I didn't film enough I guess... The song seemed appropriate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPoxPjWbZo

I'm too tired right now to post about the other stuff... I'll do it tomorrow. Stupid school. Makin' me tired with itz homework and itz "you have to attend class" policy. Che.

Also, SParklez, I love your sig! Rock Howard, FTW!

How'd you get a .gif to work as a sig? Are the boards allowing it now...?

Arturito_Burrito: I'll PM you special.

[+13 Valor]
Soooo, pretty darlin'...
A/S/L?
[+19 to burn] I ain't your darlin'... Darlin'.
Eh heh, kiddin'. But seriously - I don't know what A/S/L means.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
DF im guessing you'll upload the pics tomorrow too?

Edit: a/s/l = age/sex/location, so i'd be 19/m/houston

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't remember who it was that asked (and I don't want to go fishing through 15+ pages of MK fashion), but here's one of the vids up for Hobo 11. Sorry it's so short. I didn't film enough I guess... The song seemed appropriate.

I'm too tired right now to post about the other stuff... I'll do it tomorrow. Stupid school. Makin' me tired with itz homework and itz "you have to attend class" policy. Che.

Arturito_Burrito: I'll PM you special.

Speaking of sigs, you should make that sig for me so I can pay you at Hobo12 :).

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
DF im guessing you'll upload the pics tomorrow too?

Edit: a/s/l = age/sex/location, so i'd be 19/m/houston
Yes. Pics will be up tomorrow for sure.
Oh. I see. Sorry, I'm very oblivious when it comes to the whole internet communication thing.

Hylian: Green Samus correct? I'll have it for you tomorrow.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes. Pics will be up tomorrow for sure.
Oh. I see. Sorry, I'm very oblivious when it comes to the whole internet communication thing.

Hylian: Green Samus correct? I'll have it for you tomorrow.
I PM'ed you about it.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Ooooooooh, Zing of the Week! Someone pass me some aloe vera for that one. But seriously? A/S/L? That's like the most fundamental introductory window in order to profile prospective cyber-sex companions, especially back during the good ol' America Online days. You can't be that young. =)

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Attention Houston:

Come to Centex2! We're doing Doubles using the Swiss system and singles using the new 2 stock format that every other region is trying out at the moment. It's a fairly short drive from Houston and I can provide free housing. Most of TX's best players will be there as well as lots of newcomers! Make sure to come and rep Houston!

October 18th! Gogo!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192677

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
[+13 Valor]

Soooo, pretty darlin'...

A/S/L?

Seriously, that ditto had me on the edge of my seat!!! :). Tooooo good.
Lol, yea it was the highlight of my day closest match I dealed with. hmm TOO BAD I WASN'T TRYING LULZ [/fakejohns] I need a new controller I think, when I wanted diddy to run he would just ftilt and get punished so hard lol.

SParklez

Smash Rookie
Haha, I remember that, I was the guy in the red and white baseball shirt with the aviators.

I just tried it out, I was going for one of the .gifs where he is powering up. But the amount of space given for sigs are too small for it. =[

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stiltz, need more info on your tourney, ASAP.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
So...

I just realized I have almost $250 worth of money matches at Centex2.... lol. I need to challenge more people to balance out the matches I might lose >_>

Who all is coming from Houston and wants to donate to my the "Fund for LeeHarris' Ball Reduction Surgery."

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Meta is being banned at my tournament. I'm not changing my mind.
I approve this decision (not that I hold any weight though, eh heh).
We can use this as the test that the SBR has SO been hinting that they want someone to do. That cool with you Stiltz? I'll be there to support and can provide equipment if you need it. Details on the tourney?

Le_THieN: I never did the talk on the internet thing with other people. I just automatically assumed they where all either 13 years old teeny-boppers, or 43 year old men pretending to be 13 year old teeny-boppers. Bleh. So, I never got the 'internet chat experience' you see. .... Also, boys are icky and have cooties. Ew.

Sparklez: Your sig got cooler. I was actually thinking about using that one myself, heh. You play Garou, KoF or CvS2?

Ah!!!! Leeeeeeee Harris, why do you do this to me?! What did I ever do to you?! That you'd make your tourney on the same day as my shoot?! Cho! Now I have to decide between the film date or Smash. Duty says I must fulfill my requirement to the Director, but Passion says I like Ganon's Balls. And Duty can't win against Ganon's Balls. It just can't! Oh, the dilemma!

Van Jones

Smash Lord
So...

I just realized I have almost $250 worth of money matches at Centex2.... lol. I need to challenge more people to balance out the matches I might lose >_>

Who all is coming from Houston and wants to donate to my the "Fund for LeeHarris' Ball Englargment Surgery."
Fixed. :)

10bears

Top Bottom