• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
i may be coming, i'll need to check my schedule
If you come, I will challenge you to a Scooby/Gorilla/Birthday suit match!

Ah!!!! Leeeeeeee Harris, why do you do this to me?! What did I ever do to you?! That you'd make your tourney on the same day as my shoot?! Cho! Now I have to decide between the film date or Smash. Duty says I must fulfill my requirement to the Director, but Passion says I like Ganon's Balls. And Duty can't win against Ganon's Balls. It just can't! Oh, the dilemma!
Haha. You should be a poet! What is this shoot you speak of? If you come, I will guarantee to shoot at least 5 people for you.

guys, we need anther at the next HOBO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6boOKl674kI

dear god..........
To be fair, that was Panda's first tournament as DK... I doubt Anther will ever come to any non-MW tournament though, because it would prove that the MW can't even hold a candle to the metaknights of the EC/SW/WC.

Fixed. :)

10bears
If my balls were enlarged any more, the Earth's gravitational pull would be too strong and the moon would crash into the Earth!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
oh also. there were some people who did LOTS of LOCKS. this is unacceptable. magik and mr. 3000, do not do them again(magik did 6 in a row and 3000 did 9 in a row)

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Exact details on my tourney will be released after this thursday. The dates I'm shooting for are Nov 1st or 8th. Can I get a little tally action on which date would be more popular? It'll be the date I push for more in the meeting I'll be going to.

But besides that, typical tourney stuff. I'm gonna need set ups, 10 dollar entry fee, 5 dollar venue fee, and I plan on starting it early, 10 am - noonish. This venue is much bigger than the space we had in PZ. If we get enough enough set ups and things move smoothly enough, I may have a side tourney. I'm thinking Guitar Hero, so my little bro will finally get off my nuts about having a tourney for that game.

Anyways, meta will be banned. I noticed people mentioning it would be wise to have a few "guinea pig" tourneys for this dilemma so I figured my tourney was a perfect candidate.

Thx Dugfinn. I welcome any and all help. Though I do prefer the help of fellow TOs. : P

Trela

Smash Lord
LOL at MK being banned there :laugh:

I tried to Banana Lock some people to about 4 hits. I failz.

I'm definitely gonna practice for next months HOBO. I love that place!

=Trela=

Magik0722

Smash Champion
oh also. there were some people who did LOTS of LOCKS. this is unacceptable. magik and mr. 3000, do not do them again(magik did 6 in a row and 3000 did 9 in a row)
What lock did i do? The only lock I know PT has was squirtles jab lock but i never pulled that off.

Doxa

Smash Rookie
Exact details on my tourney will be released after this thursday. The dates I'm shooting for are Nov 1st or 8th. Can I get a little tally action on which date would be more popular? It'll be the date I push for more in the meeting I'll be going to.

But besides that, typical tourney stuff. I'm gonna need set ups, 10 dollar entry fee, 5 dollar venue fee, and I plan on starting it early, 10 am - noonish. This venue is much bigger than the space we had in PZ. If we get enough enough set ups and things move smoothly enough, I may have a side tourney. I'm thinking Guitar Hero, so my little bro will finally get off my nuts about having a tourney for that game.

Anyways, meta will be banned. I noticed people mentioning it would be wise to have a few "guinea pig" tourneys for this dilemma so I figured my tourney was a perfect candidate.

Thx Dugfinn. I welcome any and all help. Though I do prefer the help of fellow TOs. : P
I will bring a setup. I'll be game for either date, though Nov 1 is the day after halloween so starting early then or even that date may discourage a few people. Nov 8 is probably a wiser choice, I'm sure the election will have wrapped up and everyone is done partying or moping (for those who care, I know I will).

Magik0722

Smash Champion
i posted it wrong. 300 did 9 jab locks and u did 6 release grab thingies. i posted wrong.
Oh you mean squirtles pusedo chain grab. I think i only got the 6 grabs during a friendly right? I was just amazed when i got 6 grabs in a row since i only have a 3.1% chance to get 6 grabs in a row with squirtle.

Xyro77

I will bring a setup. I'll be game for either date, though Nov 1 is the day after halloween so starting early then or even that date may discourage a few people. Nov 8 is probably a wiser choice, I'm sure the election will have wrapped up and everyone is done partying or moping (for those who care, I know I will).
trust me, i will need a a good time on the 8th. the usa will be handed over to obama......im gonna need all the fun i can ge tto get my mind off of that.

SParklez

Smash Rookie
Sparklez: Your sig got cooler. I was actually thinking about using that one myself, heh. You play Garou, KoF or CvS2?
I played KoF for awhile but then found a PC fighting game (Mugen) to be much more fun

trust me, i will need a a good time on the 8th. the usa will be handed over to obama......im gonna need all the fun i can ge tto get my mind off of that.
Not if I can help it good sir!
Obama is going down

T

TerryTheLovable

shut the **** up you cocacola mcdonald vista you know that anything new and popular youll suck its **** so get with the times ***got

nevershootme

Smash Master
:( I'm wondering if anyone is gonna be in downtown Houston (That's where i'm gonna be at) during this weekend since i definitely want to come play with you guys outside of my conference time.

anyone wanna send a pm to me if interested?

Actually. Are there any lan centers in the downtown area that i could go to and check those out? Oh and what about arcades?

kown

Smash Lord

November 8th because SATs are on the 1st.

Doxa

Smash Rookie
i'm still trying to decipher that
yeah, i wasn't quite sure what the hell was going on

I'll be celebrating obama. better than McPalin. It may get the GOP to step away from their Nixonization to a more respectable party that doesn't live off of fear mongering.

Xyro77

yeah, i wasn't quite sure what the hell was going on

I'll be celebrating obama. better than McPalin. It may get the GOP to step away from their Nixonization to a more respectable party that doesn't live off of fear mongering.
We should have it on the 8th because it will be an amazing day when Obama gets elected. We will celebrate by smashing the **** out of each other in a video game
no politics, liberal scum. save it for PMs

view treeman instead!!!! http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-10-01-treeman-cure_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stiltz, please let a group of people help seed the tournament. The past few tournaments have had seedings that were very weird.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am confident I could seed the entire tournament by myself fairly.

But that's a lot of work :/.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
HOw many are like RSVP'd cause i dont wanna go for like 20 people, of which majority of them like melee more than brawl.
Many local players from San Antonio and Austin, almost all of Dallas, many from Houston...

It will be a good turnout and there will be no Melee being played except unless someone wants to put up one TV in the back for friendlies. This is a Brawl tournament with all of TX's best players.

so... mk is banned at hobo12?

>_>
you're banned from hobo 12!

Top Bottom