• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI! Cleveland, OH (July 18th)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
melee role call

Slarti?
Panera guys?
We should be coming.

and i want some feedback, should i enter brawl singles?
No, because you should be playing melee friendlies with me during that time... Nah, just do what you want. You'd better place well in brawl if you enter though. We need to show what melee players are capable of. I keep toying with the idea of getting back into brawl but never do...

If slarti's bringing me up there again, I guess I'll be entering melee too.
Don't suck so bad in melee this time XD. Seriously, you lost to me, that's terrible.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Pops, Crunch, Hunger, Omniswell, Bluerogue, Quik, 7fo, BC...more that i probably don't know : (. Oh and what other sonic mains are there besides me and ITT in Ohio?! O:

Suyon

Smash Lord
More than 1 sonic main is already pain. Seriously....spindash> pit... 50:50 my arse.....
Diddy's aren't that bad...and not annoying as much as sonic users....
I haven't fought any warios beside Hunger and Sole...Hunger ***** me =\
I should get back to Brawl since I've been playing BlazBlue nonstop now lol.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Pops, Crunch, Hunger, Omniswell, Bluerogue, Quik, 7fo, BC...more that i probably don't know : (. Oh and what other sonic mains are there besides me and ITT in Ohio?! O:
T-800 mains or at least sort-of-mains Sonic as far as I know, and there's at least one other that I can't remember the name of.

King~

Smash Champion
shugo, itt, blazing katakiri, t-800 and theres atleast one or two more im forgetting

sonic is what causes tournies to run so long 8p

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm going to try to come to this (especially if M2K is coming.)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
The Midwest has a Sonic deficit. There is like 5 of them in the MW alone. Shugo, ITT, T-800, Me, J-Kip, Blue Rogue and Blazing Katakiri. Although I've only seen Shugo, ITT, T-800 and J-Kip. Get on Northeast status, L2Sonic people!! M@v knows whats up.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
The Midwest has a Sonic deficit. There is like 5 of them in the MW alone. Shugo, ITT, T-800, Me, J-Kip, Blue Rogue and Blazing Katakiri. Although I've only seen Shugo, ITT, T-800 and J-Kip. Get on Northeast status, L2Sonic people!! M@v knows whats up.
He didn't say MW, he said Ohio. You've gone to enough Ohio tournaments that you can be considered an Ohio sonic, same with joshkip. I think there are more Sonic mains in Ohio than Sonic mains on the entire West Coast and Southern US combined. I converted someone at the MWC Champs, so there's another sonic main.

he Didn't Say Mw, He Said Ohio. You've Gone To Enough Ohio Tournaments That You Can Be Considered An Ohio Sonic, Same With Joshkip. I Think There Are More Sonic Mains In Ohio Than Sonic Mains On The Entire West Coast And Southern Us Combined. I Converted Someone At The Mwc Champs, So There's Another Sonic Main.
Fuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

King~

Smash Champion
He didn't say MW, he said Ohio. You've gone to enough Ohio tournaments that you can be considered an Ohio sonic, same with joshkip. I think there are more Sonic mains in Ohio than Sonic mains on the entire West Coast and Southern US combined. I converted someone at the MWC Champs, so there's another sonic main.

what the gay.................

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
I really don't think your ness is good enough to use in a tournament, compared to your other characters... But I really shouldn't be talking since I've gone pika in tourney before XD.
Fine, I'll only open with Ness. If I lose horribly first round, I'll switch to Pichu for the whole thing :/

M@v

Subarashii!
...And PA and NY have more sonics than everyone else combined.

That's also the main reason everyone considers PA to be terrible. Well, that and Chibo =P

4% APR

Smash Champion
Aw yeah dawg ;)
you guys gotta keep me busy during brawl singles so i dont try to join haha

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm still coming. I'll play Melee too. =P
Good, I like to hear that people are coming instead of ditching at the last minute *ahem* camalange *ahem*

Also, We gotta sit down just you and me and Shugo and play a bunch of "unfriendly" friendlies. We'll re-invent the Sonic vs. Peach matchup as we know it.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Also, We gotta sit down just you and me and Shugo and play a bunch of "unfriendly" friendlies. We'll re-invent the Sonic vs. Peach matchup as we know it.
Angries.

That's what my crew calls friendlies when I pick peach, lol. They all fail at that matchup, it's how I'm able to beat them in tournament matches XD.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Angries.

That's what my crew calls friendlies when I pick peach, lol. They all fail at that matchup, it's how I'm able to beat them in tournament matches XD.
Barring the fact that I haven't played your Peach for over a month, sure.

Also, I just coined "angries" on the spot. Friendlies with people who you aren't particularly friendly with. On a Smash level, of course.

Slarti is a cool guy. eh drives his crew to tournaments and doesn't afraid of anything.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Haha, sounds like fun. I'm in. :3

I've actually been working on subbing Diddy as well. He's "ok" right now but I'm getting better with him as I play more. Hopefully I'll have him tourney ready sometime soon, so I can deal with some of my tougher matchups (broken meatball ******, mainly) more effectively.

I've actually been working on subbing Diddy as well. He's "ok" right now but I'm getting better with him as I play more. Hopefully I'll have him tourney ready sometime soon, so I can deal with some of my tougher matchups (broken meatball ******, mainly) more effectively.
Hope she made lota SPAGHETTI!

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I didn't agree to this Sonic vs Peach nonsense! It's absurd! lolol : ). Seriously though...i hate that matchup xP.

M@v

Subarashii!

Stop johning and start learning the matchup like I did. Since Peach, well, sucks vs MK, learn someone as a backup who's better vs mk (Falco/Fox[imo]/Marth/Diddy/Snake/Wario).
The reason I don't mind using MK as a second is because I know I can beat him with other characters(Fox is my favorite mk fighter). If you keep calling him broken and gay, you've already lost, and might as well not even try.

PS Sonic vs Peach is soooo ******** lmao. Takes forever.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
lol im gonna be working 10 PM friday night to 6 AM saturday morning. No johns at all, but dont wake me up when you see some bearded kid sleeping at the venue before melee starts.

PS I talked some friends into bringing a second car that will have 2-3 people including the driver for melee. Hopefully they wont last minute work john.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Stop johning and start learning the matchup like I did. Since Peach, well, sucks vs MK, learn someone as a backup who's better vs mk (Falco/Fox[imo]/Marth/Diddy/Snake/Wario).
The reason I don't mind using MK as a second is because I know I can beat him with other characters(Fox is my favorite mk fighter). If you keep calling him broken and gay, you've already lost, and might as well not even try.

PS Sonic vs Peach is soooo ******** lmao. Takes forever.
I'm not johning, and I hate it when people immediately dismiss a negative connotation as a form of johning. I learned the Peach vs. MK matchup as much as I possibly could. I know what to do and when to do it. The bottom line is that a MK of equal or greater skill will more than likely defeat me (with OS taking me out 1-2 with me going all Peach being my prime example). Believe me, I'm not whining at all.

Also, if I use a term like "broken" I am more than likely poking fun at the character. I don't see how that would in any way automatically result in me losing. Lol @ the "might as well not even try" comment. Ok, I don't like MK very much. Am I not entitled to that?

I tried to pick up Diddy as a secondary but I just don't feel like I'll get very far with him in that matchup; the same goes for Wario. Zelda is a bit of an...odd choice to fight MK with, but I am more comfortable with my choice for that specific matchup so I'll roll with it. I'm not trying to sound like one of those low tier nazi's but I will say that I don't feel like conforming to what most others would prefer to fight MK with. Most of the higher tier characters in Brawl don't really appeal to me anyway. They're too "systematic" imo. If I were to try and sub one of them, I wouldd continue on with Diddy before any of the others.

M@v

Subarashii!
The only problem with diddy is that he does the best vs mk at FD, and any sensible mk is going to ban it instantly.

Top Bottom