• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TeamNyla Presents: The Sauga Outbreak! - RESULTS!~

Iliad

Smash Lord
Sanuzi he's allowed to brag. ****ing NOTHING beats lawlstalking scrubs who walk in saying they're the best because they beat their friends. NOTHING.

Hype

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!

*1: SilverDoc: You won for the first time, good job.
*1: Toronto Joe: Good games. Lol at "Let's money match, if I win I get the baby"
4: Cruxis: Fun set, I think your PR material. Your always gonna be Fatal lol.
5: Fool: Icicle mountain?
5: Jaske: We didn't get to friendly...next time.
7: Illiad: It was because Marth is broken and MK sucks ;)
7: Sauc3: Close set, You should be on U&Cers soon.
9: MarikYoshi: GGs
9: AvariceX: Fun friendlies, I hope the Wifi training goes well.
13: BOB SAGET!: We didn't get to play :/, next time.
13: Zedf: Fun friendlies.
13: Ricky: We were supposed to play In brackets but I guess you left :/.
13: Mz: I think you were in my pool ggs.

KirbyKaze: Thanks for explaining Melee Jiggz to me.
Zen: Nice seeing you again.

It was really cool to see the all Melee people there for the first time.

Thanks Adnan and Tameka for hosting this great tourney, it was really fun.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Josh, I wish I could teach you the Falcon - Peach match-up, except thats my 2nd worst match-up! TEACH ME THE FALCO - PEACH MATCH-UP! its omgfail hard.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
here comes some long shoutouts lol, i like being thorough

1: RayneX - good job with first again, and thanks for much for your time in friendlies xD i'm happy i did so much better this time around then the last time we played lol, hopefully next time we play i'll take at least one more stock off of you xD thanks so much for the tips, and it was really nice just talking. i really loved the jackie chan references LOL and the chi spell and crap i like how you understood my chi jokes haha, i really wanted to see how it'd turn out in crews but oh well next time

2: Pumba (Unknown522) - lol too good, JV5stocked by you, it'll probably never happen again, especially when i'm doing something and not just jumping around =P LOL thanks for the tips and all, but you're too technical for me lol, it's so gay and hard to get control ever during the match lol, thanks again for the friendlies, i'll hopefully take another stock off you next time =D

3: KirbyKaze - thank you a lot too for all the friendlies lol, sucks so much that i played you second round >_> your chaingrab/techchase/reflexes/punishes are way toooo goooood, there's literally no way out of them, i really gotta learn to not get grabbed haha, but i get so nervous and it's so different playing such a good sheik haha i need to get my fox tech skill back up and just **** you ;) lol like that'll ever happen tho... someday

4: 4Serial - really good job on getting 4th, haha 4 4 4serial lol (4th for 4serial)... you really surprised me wtih your reading/covering options with your falcon, really really good job... i shouldn't have went sheik or maybe i'd have taken the set, but i didn't go fox and i didn't win so no johns. our friendlies were really good tho, and it makes me happy that you somehow heard so much about me lol, next time we need to mm again or play again in bracket, and i'm not gonna play sheik anymore since my sheik is so fail. you play so well on kongo64 too, it was kinda surprising to hear you cp it after fickling around BF and YS for so long lmao... you really cover the recovering options sooo well on the falcon, like jumping from the ledge to DJ bair dang i've never had that done to me lol since i like to choose between ledge and top platform, but again you cover them so well, really good falcon overall, relaly keep it up. your reading isn't THE best, but your covering options skills really adds to it,. i hav elike no falcon experience so i really just improvise lol, i relaly really want to play you again soon

5: Sanuzi - once again i lose to you, i don't know why LOL, maybe just cuz i suck vs peach and your peach is weird LOL jk don't worry i'll work up vs peachs some how and not lose to you ever again haha, stil haven't played you in bracket yet, and i miss your spacies, not enough friendlies, oh well - i'll still beat you next time for sure :D haha

5: Destroyer of Biscuits (Desh) - i think this was our first time actually sitting down and playing besides that one random match we had at Prepare Yourself (i don't even remmeber the matchup), but it was nice playing a doc, lol, it's weird at first, not too familiar, i just space and do crap haha, my doc vs your peach was also pretty tense lol, fun, i htink it was recorded, i wanna see how my doc plays, gj on fifth, play more next time (:

7: Nightmare - really fun playing you... i remember the first time you came out at OiN? i think back in dec '08 or the more distant starfurries where you just started playing then you came back at... prepare yourself?? and improved so much. our mm's were good, you just couldn't get enough lol, falco dittos didn't work out too well for you but oh well, just gotta work on it, space, have fast reflexes vs lasers, keep control, don't mess up the combos, lol etc good bo3 and bo5 tho, both sets were fun. i forgot you were falco/marth/puff tho, cuz when you cp'd brinstar i'm like ooooo falco ditto on brinstar!?!?!?! SICK lol then you went puff and i was like -____________-''' lol, it was fun tho, stupid lava got me to like what 70%? LOL oh well... i didn't remember how to punish a rest either LOL i was aiming for dair/fsmash or something like that but that didn't work out LOL so i just simply charged an fsmash the next time >_>, anyways keep up the skill level, and take my money next time =D, or play me in bracket someday lol

7: Jacky - did good, play more, mess up less, know what you're doing, lol, adapt more lol, uh... i don't know we play too much already... oh and get a harder bracket for once lol

9: SummonedFist - work on fox, work on fox, maybe sheik, but fox first, marth and falco too, then sheik lol, stop failing vs falcon and josh's peach haha, play better next time, and sleep moar

9: SUP3RCANS1R - your marth had me on the run lol, didn't really play you enough tho, i just think you should maybe learn to punish more on my recoveries rather than just fsmash me off again... at least space it for a tipper, or even grab me into a combo... play more next time =)

9: SD - it was nice to see you again paul, keep up the marth skill, it really freaked me out when you had such niceeeeee counters vs my falco.... like counter counter .... counter and i was like wtf? loooool so i grabbed more but i suck on grabs so i'll work on that more. sry about the gay cp to corneria... did i go fox? i think i did that or i stayed falco... i kinda planned on camping you a littleeeeee lol but then i realised the freaking timer wasn't on so i had to rush to you and beat you hand to hand lol and sry for going sheik too i know 2 gay things against a marth main... but i didn't just whip her out randomly lol she's my answer to marths >_> you're good vs sheiks tho lol so that was scary xD keep up the playing and we'll play more next time =D

9: Omni - andrew andrew andrew one week and your samus is looking soo good. you're getting your screw atk OOS now which is good, i have so many friendlies vs you they're so much fun. just work on your PS'ing on my lasers and you'll **** next time. i still had your 2 stocks taken clean tho during crews =D my YS cp worked lol

13: Jamie - sorry i don't know anyone by this name =\ remind me pleasee if we played?

13: Timon (Adnan) - thanks for such a good tourney man, but you wouldn't even give away lefties >=( lol anyways we had a nice friendly match tho it was rushed, work more on peach =) and so shall i someday haha, thanks again for a great tourney!!

13: yELo_ - i didn't play you, but apparently you were good, lol, it was funny cuz i was asking about who you were when i read the bracket thing and someone was like "oh yellow's the guy in green" and i was like "huh?!?!?" lol "is he green or yellow or whaaa?" haha, hopefully you'll come to another tourney and we'll play

13: NHA7 - lol so rusti, go practise your tech skill/learn the game/stop messing up your l-cancels =P then you'll own :) also train with me more =D lol

9: SummonedFist - Ooh mann our set was intense! When I heard I had to play against you in brackets I was madd nervous!
lol nervous vs. a scrub like me? xD lol you did so good, congrats again... not gonna lie but i would've been mad if you lost vs. nightmare lol and congrats on beating josh =)

9: SummonedFist - legit falco, but i like your fox more! needa play you more next time.
lol you like my fox? have you ever seen my fox? it messes up every little tech skill when i get nervous =( i play safer with falco haha, but fine i'll play fox vs you, but fox vs doc/peach is ugly imo LOL, but sure play more or even mm next time :)

9: SummonedFist - sorry for the gayness, get some sleep O__O your eyes looked so red and angry and sleepy D:
lol don't worry next time i'll sleep and look at you with the prettiest eyes i can make LOL but yeah it was like a personal record of being up for like 32+ hours by the time the tourney ended xD i didn't know this tourney had its date resheduled so i signed up for night shifts the whole week including the night before >_> no time for even a nap or coffee T_T i don't even like coffee LOL

9: SummonedFist - Outplaced by lack of sleep XD funny, we need moar friendlies
lmao, moar sleep and moar friendlies next time =D

I.B - thanks for the friendlies, even tho there were only two lol, rusti or not, you **** spacies (maybe not my amazing sheik tho haha jkz), hope you don't completely stop melee

stos - friendlies were so sick, i def know the link matchup so much better now =D link ditto -> sudden death -> BOMB ON YOU was so jokes LOL pretty sure it was recorded xD even tho i was on what? JBOB's tag or something hahaha, yoshi ditto was jokes too at the start... jump -> dj -> jc -> fair LOL mirror'd and then i sneak in the dtilt for 10% more before adnan makes us stop xD you better enter next time so you can 2-0 me in pools ;)

silverdoc - it was nice playing you in melee and it was a pleasure meeting you. you're a pretty chill guy, now go buy a copy of melee lol, you're good for a guy who just started, now go play moar lol, hope you enjoyed our friendlies

flan/sylar/brian - you guys fail you guys should've came lol, god no excuses lol even i made it from no sleep whatsoever

zen - good friendlies once again lol, you shoudl've mm'd someone and entered with that money, no 2-hour sleep johns, as i had none lol jokes guy i really enjoyed our matches, lol my pika vs your peach was weird lol fun times man

---that is alllol

Cruxis

Smash Lord
*1: SilverDoc - didnt get to play u this time my ******
plank me next time ;) lolol good **** gettin first for the first time

*1: Toronto Joe - i honestly am never going to fukken let that SD go. im sorry but that was TOOOOOOOO GAY seriously me and fool even tried to do that on purpose after, IT DIDNT WORK like what are the chances it happens to me in a match. ****. lol ggs anyway

3: Hype - man too close ggss, ill get u next time

5: Fool - ggs bro keep training that snake

5: Jaske - **** u almost had me lol def worthy for U & C

7: Illiad - DOUBLE KNEEEEE haha awesome friendlies bro

7: Sauc3 - omg ure kirby > my snake ;)

9: MarikYoshi - ggs nice yoshi

9: SUP3RCANS1R - good to see u again

Josh: omg ur driving is toooo epic
thanks again for the ride
barely made it haha

4Serial

Smash Lord
heheh Jack, Kongo Jungle was like a super impulse counterpick in all honesty.. I'm really bad at counterpicking stages because I don't have enough tournament experience. Plus I haven't been to an actual tournament in MONTHS, and this was the first tournament I went mostly Falcon. I always ask other people to help me choose a counterpick XD I figured YS wasn't a good choice vs your Fox or BF wasn't good vs your Falco or Sheik and I wasn't confident on it with Falcon. I randomly thought about Kongo Jungle and thought it wasn't spectacularly good for Fox or Falco or Sheik, and it gave recovery options for Falcon that I needed lol I had a feeling you would go Sheik for some reason O_o But yeaahh I love that stage now XD

Thanks for the compliments about reading and covering options =D I need to time tech chasing better and be more consistent with stuff and gentlemen better >_< You were really good with edgeguarding me so I really needed that stage! We need to play more friendlies :)

Ahh yeah I was soo close to losing to Nightmare, I wasn't sure if I could win towards the end, I messed up a super combo, but I didn't lose hope! LOL I think it's good that I got really nervous.. looks like I do well under pressure.

MarikYoshi, I think it was you but I'm not sure.. I was the asian guy in the red tshirt lol

Any chance that brackets will be posted? lol And group pictures!

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
1: RayneX - split: You murdered me >.<
2: Pumba (Unknown522) - split: I didn't see you alot in here :*(
3: KirbyKaze - split: MOAR FOX+NESS! XD Too fun
4: 4Serial: I forgot you but I think I played you; they were fun =D
5: Sanuzi: Waahhh! Awesome matches!
5: Destroyer of Biscuits (Desh): Thanks! Teams were too awesome ^.^
7: Nightmare: I dunno? 0.0
7: Jacky: I dunno? 0.0
9: SummonedFist: I dunno? 0.0
9: SUP3RCANS1R: I dunno? 0.0
9: SD: Awesoem pool matches
9: Omni: I dunno? 0.0
13: Jamie: This person is weird >.<
13: Timon (Adnan): I dunno? 0.0
13: yELo_: I dunno? 0.0
13: NHA7: I dunno? 0.0
Stos: I WILL FACE YOUR LINK ONE DAY! ONE DAYYY!!! XD

*1: SilverDoc: WHY DO YOU HATE ME! You help others but not me :*(
*1: Toronto Joe: Vaughan Plank is sandbagger >.<
3: Hype: I dunno? 0.0
4: Cruxis: I dunno? 0.0
5: Fool: Awesome time! Needs more mindgamezs in Melee.
5: Jaske: IC Dittos >.< Good matches
7: Illiad: Your Marth is GAY! I never actually faced a good Marth so lol.. but nevertheless awesome games! (Captain Falcon FTW)
7: Sauc3: I dunno? 0.0
9: MarikYoshi: I HATE METAKNIGHTS TOO XD
9: SUP3RCANS1R: I dunno? 0.0
9: Jamie: This person is weird >.<
9: AvariceX: Awesome Melee matches, I wanted to face your Ness in Brawl too >.<
13: BOB SAGET!: BOB SAGETTTTTTT! =D
13: Zedf: GANONDORF! W00t!
13: Ricky: I dunno? 0.0
13: Mz: I dunno? 0.0

And thank you tourney organizers! It maybe small, but it was hell of alot fun! Thank you for an awesome time ^.^

Desh

Smash Ace
Josh, I wish I could teach you the Falcon - Peach match-up, except thats my 2nd worst match-up! TEACH ME THE FALCO - PEACH MATCH-UP! its omgfail hard.
Lol peach falco is easy.
For peach.
Imo.
Meh.

Just dont bother approaching.

Its just a matter of not losing control, cg'ing when you can, and gimp as soon as possible. It sounds a lot harder than it is against most falcos. =/

Again. Imo.

Sanu

Smash Champion
SPECIAL ZEN SHOUTOUT: Man... don't quit, you're too awesome for that. I know it's a long trek here every time, that you don't get too much practice and that Ben is moving away... but you're way too awesome to drop out now. Don't do it man, I can't imagine a tournament with out you... my eternal rival!! Too much <3 here ;_;

Please reconsider, I'm looking forward to our rematch.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Lol peach falco is easy.
For peach.
Imo.
Meh.

Just dont bother approaching.

Its just a matter of not losing control, cg'ing when you can, and gimp as soon as possible. It sounds a lot harder than it is against most falcos. =/

Again. Imo.
Falco shoots one laser, he has control.

Wtf are you talking about NOT approach lol. You have to bait him TO approach/ PSing lasers does that, but if you can't do that it's laser to the skank's **** or laser to the sheild.

Bad advice is bad, come on Mr.5th place, where's your game at?

To Josh and Art/Zen: Josh gtfo he's MY eternal rival. He was the VERY FIRST pro player I played back at Head2Head games tournament. He beat me and I had a burning passion to beat him in tournament set. CotS2 and OiN420 were the other sets I played him in and lost to him game 3 high %s lol. Art <333 you're such an awesome player, you have so much talent. It's so upsetting to see you get bummed out, I know you have a lot of interest to be good and get better but your surroundings doesn't help you. Get Deox to play again LOL but whatever you do I'd be cool with it, it'd just be tough to see one of the few vets that I had played with go D:

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Jack, I wish I could come to like every tournament and just collapse smashing all day long. Unforunately, only just got my G1 so I can't drive. Brian doesn't have his G2 yet so he can't drive me. I have parents that are very untrusting so that doesn't help either. I am just limited to when Peter goes to a smash tournament and its pretty close. Thats why I get stuck mainly just only going to small K-W-C tournaments.

Canadian Peachs > All other Peachs except Armada, seriously Canada is too legit.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Bored, so added characters. How come I was out second and david third? We didn't play out LF.

Also, wow, I didn't go falco at all. Next time.
It shooooooouuuuuuuuuld be

1st RaynEX (split)
1st Unknown522 (split)
3rd KirbyKaze

'cuz there's no real way I could beat you in tournament ^.^

edit: Adnan, all Peaches, Vwins included, are ugly, with the exception of Armada. Armada is somewhat cool. But all other Peaches are hideously ugly.

Desh

Smash Ace
Why on earth would you run approach a character with infinite times more priority than your entire move set. Not to mention one with a better projectile.

Falco isnt going to get anywhere camping you. Just camp him right back, hes gonna be scared as **** that you get a stitch or a good knock back turnip.

You bait. You do noooottt. approach falco. He'll take advantage of the fact that you're coming to him, and just hit you away with wichever move he feels appropriate, and then continue to spam lasers.

You camp, undershoot, and look for oppurtunities to grab. Predict when hes finally going to realize that the camping isnt doing anything, and bait a grab.

If you act agressively you get ***** because he has so much more options/priority/gayness.

You want the falco to approach and be agressive, but you camp, and you look for the opening to grab, dsmash, etc.

Face it, one laser isnt going to do jack ****, neither is 2, 3, 4, 5. Hes going to need to come at you in order for you to lose a stock.

You can kill him from a grab. Or a stitch, or just a lucky bair near the stage if you're good enough.

But approaching him persitently will just get you knocked away, and eventually your going to get knocked into your next stock.

Good advice is good.

Lasers arent even that as massive a problem as they could be if you play smart and pick up on what the falco does concerning his laser game.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Edited then qft. Let's not kid ourselves, outside of vwins our peachies aren't pretty.
outside of the top 3 Peachs, I think we have more top level Peachs than America. I think but I'm not sure.... Not to say that any of our other Peachs are outstanding.

Why on earth would you run approach a character with infinite times more priority than your entire move set. Not to mention one with a better projectile.

Falco isnt going to get anywhere camping you. Just camp him right back, hes gonna be scared as **** that you get a stitch or a good knock back turnip.

You bait. You do noooottt. approach falco. He'll take advantage of the fact that you're coming to him, and just hit you away with wichever move he feels appropriate, and then continue to spam lasers.

You camp, undershoot, and look for oppurtunities to grab. Predict when hes finally going to realize that the camping isnt doing anything, and bait a grab.

If you act agressively you get ***** because he has so much more options/priority/gayness.

You want the falco to approach and be agressive, but you camp, and you look for the opening to grab, dsmash, etc.

Face it, one laser isnt going to do jack ****, neither is 2, 3, 4, 5. Hes going to need to come at you in order for you to lose a stock.

You can kill him from a grab. Or a stitch, or just a lucky bair near the stage if you're good enough.

But approaching him persitently will just get you knocked away, and eventually your going to get knocked into your next stock.

Good advice is good.

Lasers arent even that as massive a problem as they could be if you play smart and pick up on what the falco does concerning his laser game.
I have a wierd edge game that falls short against Falcos. I had to learn all of it against one Fox player. If he is right near the ledge or coming straight at me, I will use a nair or fair. If he is coming up at a diagonal direction or straight up but not able to sweetspot the ledge, then I prefer to f-smash because of its powerful knockback (unless you get a frying pan, which sets you up for a nair/fair). Falco screws me up because he doesn't have all those options. Its really just those lasers on a flat stage that affect you badly.

Falco also doesn't have to just sit back and camp the lasers. He can use them as an approach rendering you useless and easily set up for a shine or even a powerful f-smash. Falco can travel around the map quickly spamming lasers but Peach has to sit in one position pulling out turnips with a slim chance of ever getting a stitch face.

Good advice is maybe good advice. If it works for you at least.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Matt: SUPER MAN WITH THE SUPER PIPE!! It was really nice seeing you again, fun Brawl matches xfd. You're actually really good, I cried. I WILL SPAM YOU WITH TEXTS... although you never reply o.o
I think I might start making and selling pipes like those, because everyone seems to love it when they see it and try it. I shall call it: Meta-pipe, loved by everyone, auto-chokes, and broken compared to all other pipes

I'm not that good, but my high wolf is awesome

and I use a different msn, add me up: matthew-dot-oyarce-at-gmail-dot-com

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Jack, I wish I could come to like every tournament and just collapse smashing all day long. Unforunately, only just got my G1 so I can't drive. Brian doesn't have his G2 yet so he can't drive me. I have parents that are very untrusting so that doesn't help either. I am just limited to when Peter goes to a smash tournament and its pretty close. Thats why I get stuck mainly just only going to small K-W-C tournaments.
lol flan it's all good

as for peach... powershield, have a turnip handy, float at the right height to avoid lasers, cg when possible, nair/umbrella OOS, keep them off stage, dsmash on platforms above them, and be really fluent with float and especially the wavedash, then you win LOL that's my theory

heheh Jack, Kongo Jungle was like a super impulse counterpick in all honesty.. I'm really bad at counterpicking stages because I don't have enough tournament experience. Plus I haven't been to an actual tournament in MONTHS, and this was the first tournament I went mostly Falcon. I always ask other people to help me choose a counterpick XD I figured YS wasn't a good choice vs your Fox or BF wasn't good vs your Falco or Sheik and I wasn't confident on it with Falcon. I randomly thought about Kongo Jungle and thought it wasn't spectacularly good for Fox or Falco or Sheik, and it gave recovery options for Falcon that I needed lol I had a feeling you would go Sheik for some reason O_o But yeaahh I love that stage now XD

Thanks for the compliments about reading and covering options =D I need to time tech chasing better and be more consistent with stuff and gentlemen better >_< You were really good with edgeguarding me so I really needed that stage! We need to play more friendlies :)
lol i just think kongo 64 is awkward for waveshining and there's a lot of oppurtunities to escape some grab combos and high ceiling which mainly discouraged me from going fox... but now i'm gonna be fox alltheway x)

Desh

Smash Ace
outside of the top 3 Peachs, I think we have more top level Peachs than America. I think but I'm not sure.... Not to say that any of our other Peachs are outstanding.

I have a wierd edge game that falls short against Falcos. I had to learn all of it against one Fox player. If he is right near the ledge or coming straight at me, I will use a nair or fair. If he is coming up at a diagonal direction or straight up but not able to sweetspot the ledge, then I prefer to f-smash because of its powerful knockback (unless you get a frying pan, which sets you up for a nair/fair). Falco screws me up because he doesn't have all those options. Its really just those lasers on a flat stage that affect you badly.

Falco also doesn't have to just sit back and camp the lasers. He can use them as an approach rendering you useless and easily set up for a shine or even a powerful f-smash. Falco can travel around the map quickly spamming lasers but Peach has to sit in one position pulling out turnips with a slim chance of ever getting a stitch face.

Good advice is maybe good advice. If it works for you at least.
I dont think you're realizing that you play peach, and you can float, and cover massive distance with your DJ. Just keep bairing/nairing falco once he gets off the stage. it outprioritizes all of his options. Or trades. His recovery is short, has about 2 seconds to charge firebird, and like 1 to do illusion, going off and hitting him should be a piece of cake.

Really work on the edge game. Doesnt sound like you got it right lol.

Also, you want a flat stage against falco.

Its harder to control laser height without platforms, so floating above/inbetween lasers is easier. not to mention you cant cg on a platform stage.

If you go to a platform stage against falco, he literally can just dair camp the top plat. his dairs hitbox is big enough that it trades with even your upb, wich has invincibility frames.

And for him to approach with lasers, it'll end up being sh lasers, so if you're floating about his max laser height, you can fair, dair, nair, bair him after her lasers/while he aproaches. This is harder to do on a platform stage because adjustic height of a laser is easier/ and you have less space.

on a flat stage (fd) he has to use double jumps and other things to control laser height . Wich leaves him in danger. Especially against peach. lost double jump in cg = bad. Being hit out of your dj in general = bad -_- especially when your recovery is as ****ty as falcos.

You can cg falco to about 110%. On fd thats a stock. if it isnt, then work on your cg's, and what you do out of grab, and definitely what you do once hes off the stage. :urg:

You really gotta work on that shi. lol.

edit: and learn to edge cancel turnip pull if you dont wanna stay in one spot pulling turnips :chuckle:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Just do what Xelic does and float over the laser height and do Fair and remember that he'll have to full jump to hit you but Falco is slow so if you move back while doing it, he'll crash into your Fair and die.

Do Fair really early.

Do Bair in the same way only make sure your back is turned to him and you don't need to do it quite as early because it comes out as fast as a normal aerial, not a Ganon aerial.

Turnips suck.

D-smash will never hit a good Falco unless you're comboing into it or pressuring him with it because nothing Falco does can possibly be CC D-smashed.

I can't speak for WC, having never played them, but for EC Canada we have one good Peach. After that, nobody in EC Canada plays a Peach worth noting. Period. That's pretty much the same deal with the vast majority of regions. We're not special. Canada sucks. Step it up, or become bitter about it like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Desh

Smash Ace
Just do what Xelic does and float over the laser height and do Fair and remember that he'll have to full jump to hit you but Falco is slow so if you move back while doing it, he'll crash into your Fair and die.

Do Fair really early.

Do Bair in the same way only make sure your back is turned to him and you don't need to do it quite as early because it comes out as fast as a normal aerial, not a Ganon aerial.

Turnips suck.

D-smash will never hit a good Falco unless you're comboing into it or pressuring him with it because nothing Falco does can possibly be CC D-smashed.

I can't speak for WC, having never played them, but for EC Canada we have one good Peach. After that, nobody in EC Canada plays a Peach worth noting. Period. That's pretty much the same deal with the vast majority of regions. We're not special. Canada sucks. Step it up, or become bitter about it like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

QFT ktnx bai

Flan

Smash Journeyman
everyone has different options on how to play Peach lol. Good Advice is good. Thanks for the advice.

I think I'm too ground based with my approachs and thats probably what gets me.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Every Peach I've ever seen that is successful just floats and waits against Falco in some way. You're right that there's some variation, like Nair, or Bair, or Dair, but everyone just float above lasers, does moves, and waits. I don't think there's much else to really do against him. You can do ground stuff or chain grabs or whatever once you get inside him but until then, it's mostly just floating attrition vs him waiting for you to come down and do stuff.

Ground games generally fail against Falco. Shine, shield pressure, loss of cc, loss of mobility, and him getting free damage are all good reasons as to why ground games don't work against him.

Peach is only good at the matchup because she can play in a way that actually out-grinds him. Because she'll die at like 150 and he can die at like 50.

Desh

Smash Ace
Yeah just learn to wait a long time if the falco is campy XD And get them CGs! =D

We turned the results thread into a how to play against falco with peach thread. XD

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Great tournament. Thanks for showing up everyone.

2: Unknown522 - Don't let camping get to you. It was nice to see you in bracket for the 12903781047938724th time.

2: KirbyKaze - Thanks for letting me crash so many days for the practice. I'll be quieter I promise.

4: 4Serial - You are way too good. I'm really impressed with your improvement, and can't wait to see how much better you get.

5: Sanuzi - Peach seems to be working for you. More experience is needed with her, and I'm sure you'll eventually be more comfortable playing her than your spacies. When that happens, you'll have 3 solid characters to choose from. I'm amazed at your improvement too Josh. Not just in game, but attitude wise as well.

5: Destroyer of Biscuits (Desh) - You didn't tell Andy where the business-saurus nametag came from. ANDY IT WAS ME. YOU OWE YOUR NEWFOUND NAMETAG POWERS TO ME!!11!!1 GGs Desh, your Doc needs better edge-guarding. More bair, less cape when I'm obviously upBing straight up.

7: Nightmare - GGs in Marvel. You'll get better at both games soon enough. Just don't stop playing melee for weeks at a time. It'll be assloads harder to improve that way.

7: Jacky - Jackie Chan. Too good in crews. We never played friendlies though. I should have reminded you to play before you left. "ONE MOOOOORE THINNG"

9: SummonedFist - Jackkkkkk...I'll talk to you on msn. Must teach you secret Fox gayness. Your Falco is good. :psycho:

9: SUP3RCANS1R - Nice Falcon. Your techchasing is alot better than I remember it being.

9: SD - I'm glad I could answer alot of your questions. Start posting in the GTA thread and maybe I can send more advice your way. I was really impressed with your improvement since the last Sauga tournament.

9: Omni - That set felt off, I know. Good showing, and I hope your nerves don't get the best of you next time. Your Samus is on its way up!

13: Jamie - Falco v Ness is a terrible match-up. I'm so sorry for doing that to you. lol fun matches though.

13: Timon (Adnan) - Those shrimp wraps were the **** right!? Thanks for hosting a kick *** tournament as usual man. You need to play more smash!

13: yELo_ - I don't remember you. :(

13: NHA7 - You PLAY SHEIK DON'T YOU. haha I'll never mix you and jacky up ever again, I promise.

1: SilverDoc - You got on dat Fox tip son. Good **** in crews and in brawl singles.

5: Jaske - **** friendship, WINNING IS EVERYTHING

7: Illiad - Illiad > Stos all daaai.

7: Sauc3 - I see your Fox is slowly improving. Where do you live again? We should definitely get some practice in so I can help you step your Fox game up.

9: MarikYoshi - I still haven't met you dude.

9: AvariceX - It was nice seeing you again. Tell Zen that he SHOULD NOT QUIT. You shouldn't stop coming out to events too Avarice, if you can help it. I hope to see the both of you in the near future. Abel dittos!

idea

Smash Master
this sounds like it was a lot of fun. i request a bracket image for this, and unrelatedly, for SNES (according to that thread, hax placed higher than M2K <_< ).

yELo_

Smash Rookie
Man that was an insane first tournament for me lol, great experience, gg to everyone.

RaynEX you played me in sf4? Lol. I was the guy in the green shirt.
4Serial great pool match. You have an ill link.

C 3

Smash Ace
Ryan posting:
I dont think you're realizing that you play peach, and you can float, and cover massive distance with your DJ. Just keep bairing/nairing falco once he gets off the stage. it outprioritizes all of his options. Or trades. His recovery is short, has about 2 seconds to charge firebird, and like 1 to do illusion, going off and hitting him should be a piece of cake.

Really work on the edge game. Doesnt sound like you got it right lol.

Also, you want a flat stage against falco.

Its harder to control laser height without platforms, so floating above/inbetween lasers is easier. not to mention you cant cg on a platform stage.

If you go to a platform stage against falco, he literally can just dair camp the top plat. his dairs hitbox is big enough that it trades with even your upb, wich has invincibility frames.

And for him to approach with lasers, it'll end up being sh lasers, so if you're floating about his max laser height, you can fair, dair, nair, bair him after her lasers/while he aproaches. This is harder to do on a platform stage because adjustic height of a laser is easier/ and you have less space.

on a flat stage (fd) he has to use double jumps and other things to control laser height . Wich leaves him in

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
9: SummonedFist - Jackkkkkk...I'll talk to you on msn. Must teach you secret Fox gayness. Your Falco is good. :psycho:
bernard that means a lot to me ^_^ lol i was surprised my falco did as well as it did :)

anime_fan737@msn.com is me

or i'll just ask ryan or someone for your msn

edit:
Ryan posting:
on a flat stage (fd) he has to use double jumps and other things to control laser height . Wich leaves him in
lol ryan your quote screwed up

but yeah on flat stages what i do vs gay float is just simply walk off the ledge and returun dj with lasers and adjust the height until it hits... once they lose their float hopefully just keep lasering so they can't get back up or if they do just ledgehop laser again

Desh

Smash Ace
Yeah i know how to control laser height and that he can do it with out platforms.
But its still a lot harder than it is with platforms and using your double jumps vs a gimpy character is really risky.

And jack you'll end up getting ***** if you do that because peach can just float above ledge hopped double lasers and hit you...and you will die. because you wont have your double jumps...and the peach will know how to gimp you. Wich shouldnt be hard at all if your falco.

Also you shouldnt do ledge hop double lasers unless your opponent is half the stage away from you, cuz you'll get punished. or gimped. David taught me that.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Yeah i know how to control laser height and that he can do it with out platforms.
But its still a lot harder than it is with platforms and using your double jumps vs a gimpy character is really risky.

And jack you'll end up getting ***** if you do that because peach can just float above ledge hopped double lasers and hit you...and you will die. because you wont have your double jumps...and the peach will know how to gimp you. Wich shouldnt be hard at all if your falco.

Also you shouldnt do ledge hop double lasers unless your opponent is half the stage away from you, cuz you'll get punished. or gimped. David taught me that.
oh well i know if they're far away lol i always do that to the ppl i play on their lhrdl. what i meant was if they float camp you you just run away and run off the ledge and dj laser to hit them

i know you get gimped lol, i've experienced it xD and i don't know the speeds from falco vs. peach's float but usually they won't go after you unless they know what you're doing lol

then again i'm not talking from a lot of experience haha

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
Hey this is a lil late but thanks everybody for showing up and making this tourney completely awesome!

1: RayneX - Wow thanks sooo much for all the advice and teachings. I'll definately try to improve further. It was an amazing experience playing friendlies with you. lol undisputed **** from fox, it was so **** fun. You're a really friendly guy and a great teacher.

2: Unknown522 - Hey! thanks so much for being so friendly and giving to opportunity to play against you. You play amazing spacies and I'll never forget the pure destruction I received haha. I think there was one time you brought me from 0-death in a combo. I hope you didnt get too bored and I'd like to play against you again =D.

3: KirbyKaze - You soo friendly and outgoing and at the same time take sheik to a whole new level of danger o.O. All your tips and encouragments on my marth vs sheik game really impacted me. I wanna get stronger on this matchup by playing you more next time.

4: 4Serial - Hey, sorry I haven't met you in person yet but I got to watch some of your performance. You have a pretty ownage Capt. Falcon and I'd like to try against that next time!

5: Sanuzi - Grrrrrr Peach! Still too awesome. I need to find away around your edgeguarding. You always grab me... ALWAYS >_>. Haha ur a great guy, and its fun as hell to face ur peach. I'll definately face you more in UW.
5: Desh - Sorry, I don't think I've met you yet =/. I'll try to find out who you are next time or if I simply forgot who you are I'm sorry.

7: Nightmare - Hey, that was some intensive marth dittos. It was a lot of fun and now I have some real practice against a good marth. We had a couple of good laughs too at gay or ******** plays that happened in our matches.

7: Jacky - Yoooo, sorry if I seemed unfriendly during our match. You're really friendly and you really have a solid sheik that pushed me to the edge. I just get edgy whenever I get faired by sheik too often haha. Anyways I'll definately hunt you down for friendlies cause I need more practice vs sheik.

9: SummonedFist - Haha, not mad at all about Fox and gay counterpick. It was actually very innovative and effective. It gave me hell that I need to learn to adapt to. The secret weapon sheik you pulled out was also real interesting. I'll face you more often next. And I want a money match sometime =).

9: SUP3RCANS1R - Errr I don't know if I have met you either, if I should know I'm sorry.

9: SD - Get better you noob >_>.

9: Omni - Always a good samus. Always interesting. Your falco and sheik was quite fun as well actually. Its always enjoyable playing and talking to you. Thanks for heading up to the tourney w/ me. We'll definately play more later on in the year. I hope you come visit KW!

13: Jamie - Man, I don't know enough ppl, sorry I should rly get to know who you are as well.

13: Adnan - Wow thanks sooo much for organizing this completely amazing tourney as well as making all that delicious food for such low price. The tournament was so much fun and everything was really convenient thanks to you guys =D. Hope you do this again!

13: yELo_ - Yooo, a wicked marth, no questions. For your first tournament, you pushed me to nearly breaking point and I almost freaked out hahaha. Such an intensive set. You gotta come out more often eh. More marth dittos!

Stos - **** that good link! I want a rematch lol. It was frustrating, interesting, and **** fun at the same time. Haha good stuff. I'll hunt you down next tourney =D.

Zen - Get more sleep lol. I think sumwhere during our friendlies you just crashed and your spacies stopped performing properly. I want a money match next time after you get some more sleep =D. Btw its lots of fun talking to you as well cause ur such a smash enthusiaste =D.

I'd also like to extend the same gratitude to Tameka for all her hard work put into this tourney! Great organizing, great food, low prices, priceless experience! I'd also like to extend thanks to every1 else who I may have missed for making this an awesome experience for me.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Super LATE SHOUTOUTS.

1: RayneX - split : thanks for tips funny ride back home.
2: Pumba (Unknown522) - split : boxing mm lets go! lol Young Money Cash Money Ryan522
3: KirbyKaze - split: good **** DAVID! I seriously think you can get higher.. GROUP PICTURE!!!!!
4: 4Serial : GOOD ****! <3<3<3<3<3 4thSerial, you destroyyyyyyeddd itt! You aint playing you givin tha busssssiinesssss.
5: Sanuzi: We should of done some friendly double. We always pull off something crazy.
5: Destroyer of Biscuits (Desh): Its good you stepped it up. Man after you told me what happened to you during pools you went madd emo. But you really ripped this tourney apart. Especially having the mindstate of "Im not gonna make it out of pools i'll just play friendlies" and still makes it outt and take 5th.. good****.
7: Nightmare: **** Nightmare getting 7th.. Good ****.
7: Jacky: Not sure if i played you. I really dont know lol.
9: SummonedFist: LOL YOUR GETTING BETTER IN vs. LINK MATCH UP HUH. GOOD ****. Friendlies with you is to gooooooooddddddd LOL SIlly sudden death bombs ;D
9: SUP3RCANS1R: LOL GOOD **** TAKING 9th
9: SD: We shall play more next time. I love this match up ;D
9: Omni: OMNI your buzzin' right now in this community. Its ridiculous, your getting better FAST! Dont stop.
13: Jamie: I didnt play you at all.
13: Timon (Adnan): Special shout out to you.
13: yELo_: I didnt get to play you. Next time for sure.
13: NHA7: Im not sure if we played.Next time though.

CHARLES!!: Thanks for all the tips when we got home. It actually got my thinking about what I should work and focus more on. Also we really need to do doubles in tourney. You did soooooo good in crews. You know what it is.. GET MONEY GREEN THEM!!

Eric: Thanks for driving man. Also I need to **** you in blazblue XD One button..

Marikyoshi: LOL LOL LOL GET EM NEXT TIME REMEMBER CHAIN GRABBING IS GAY BUT ALLOWED.

ILLAID: LOL FUNN CHILLIN WITH YOU. YO LINK IS SEXXXXXY. WE SHALL PLAY MOREEE WAY MOREE.

Sauce: It was soo fun doing those friendlies with you haha. FALCON DITTO ALL DAI!.

Frog: MAN! I SWEAR YOU WERE GONNA MAKE IT OUT XD GET EM NEXT TIME AND GET TOP 5! YOU GOT THIS LOCKED!

TAMEKA/ADNAN: WOW THIS TOURNEY RAN SMOOTHLY. VENUE WAS GOOD LOTS OF SPACE LOTS OF TVS/SETUPS . Food.. OH MY GODDD SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD. THANKS FOR HOSTING. SUCH A FUN TOURNEY. BEST TOURNEY I EVER HAD. ONCE AGAIN THANKS ALOT TAMMY & ADNAN AND NYLA IS SOOOOO ADORABLE haha. THANKS AGAIN!

Top Bottom