• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Australia - Lain/Oats/Havok/Hall Fan Club (July 2 - July 26)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
lain 7th
Dojo a metaknight user is still in even though there was a massive debate about him air stalling against DEHF's falco. The match ended 2 stock each and dojo had a 20% lead........that is soooo gay.
hows does one stall for that long? i wanna see this match...

anyway, its stalling banned?

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah i dont understand how he did it for so long, but i think he was just staying away from falco's laser camp....
yes stalling is band thats why they had a debate afterward. so the DBR had a vote after reviewing the match and it was 7-2 in favour for dojo not cheating.
its confusing until we see the match i guess.

tibs7

Smash Champion
dekar your puff is good but no where as good as mango's. he rested armada's peach while he was dash dancing, thats to pro.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
got 49th! Wubbbbbb (Melee)

Got 3rd in my Pool, below Cyrain and Lucky

Lost 1-2: To Bob Money (CA) (should have really won, did something dumb at the end)
Won 2-0: To Chamberlain (AR)
Won: 2-1: To KFC (CA) (never been hardcore camped this hard in my life, I literally died solely to Fox laser on DL64)
Lost 0-2: To Phil, some guy, Fox is too good

Dammmn this tournament was hard =<

tibs7

Smash Champion
cao do you know brawl results????

EDIT:is it true there taking it back to the hotel?? thats so epic.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Tyrant got 3rd.
Lain 9th.
SK92 was in the top 8.
Not sure about anyone else.

M2K and Ally should be playing grand finals downstairs right now.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Lol M2K rage quit. Ally's beast, ***** him with Dthrow techchase. That was so good to watch. Also Shaya 65th thats awesome, and Vyse still made it too brackets, and Cao did good great job guys.

Splice

Smash Hero
GJ Shaya and Cao and Vyse and all you guys !!! ^_^

M2K didn't win =( but he still made the most money! Thats what he gets for being good at Brawl AND Melee.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was in the room with only like 10 other people during the doubles and singles grand finals. Was quite intense.

If you didnt know M2K and Fiction beat Ally and Sean in doubles.

Splice

Smash Hero
That means M2K made $4,502 from Genesis.
Mango made $2,736 and Ally made $3,180.

VYSE!!! You Vsed UTD ZAC!!! Thats awesome. Tell me all about it!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
GG Shaya 65th! He's actually had buttloads of training with some of Socal's finest for the past week - he's improved immensely since leaving Australia, so watch out!

I LAG

Smash Lord
OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fogo u dont know how hard i laughed when i read that.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
zomg, its fogo.

idk if ur being sarcastic, lol, just incase ur not, i think he means versed, as in, played against him. :laugh:
LOL no i was serious, i thought i was some special combo that vyse does or something :lick:

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fogo u dont know how hard i laughed when i read that.
Glad i could help lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
americans cant spell

was roll to jab shaya and toby or ted and luke?
ok I'm only going to say this one more time, roll to jab was shaya and toby but after pools toby went back to the hotel to sleep and bardull took toby's place for the bracket (technically cheating? but the TO's didnt mind it)

me and ted were supposed to be Elysium but we ended up being Elysia team because people's ears dont ****ing work, even when you go make them change it on their system.

all in all I was quite disappointed in DBR, basically it was one of the ****test ran tourneys I've ever been to

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Did you f*cking see that?

Hola Amigos!
all in all I was quite disappointed in DBR, basically it was one of the ****test ran tourneys I've ever been to
The tournament finished 4 hours behind schedule because the TOs didnt do their job a lot of the time. And the Brawl grand final was held in a private room at the ramada inn because the time on the venue expeired. Also the Brawl Regional crew event never made it past Round two and because of that they decided not to contunue it because the tourney would have ended way later. Australia+Mexico was supposed to play Canada+Europe in brawl crews loser's bracket but it never happened and Southern California didn't finish their battle against the Atlantic North (it was stopped half way.)
At any rate Genesis was an insane ammount of fun despite being a tournament that lacked organization and some of the things that were promised.

Ant1

Smash Ace
We all knew Genesis was never going to finish in time. It was just like clash of the titans 4?
They finished melee after what like 1 day? And melee has a lot less entrants than brawl does.
Regional crews sounded cool, too bad it didn't work :(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We all knew Genesis was never going to finish in time. It was just like clash of the titans 4?
They finished melee after what like 1 day? And melee has a lot less entrants than brawl does.
Regional crews sounded cool, too bad it didn't work :(
Melee had like, 2 less entrants than Brawl (290 vs. 292). Don't talk like you know what you're talking about.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, because we're not cool and in America at the moment.

Yeah.

Don't know what **** is going down.

Word.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol, I get the feeling this attitude wont die down even through till next year

They did say there would be 64 brawl singles pools @ 7-8 people each only 2 weeks before the actual tournament which is like 448-512 entrants.

come to think of it...

this wasnt even the biggest brawl tournament :/ wasnt there one which I believe f1ction won last year, around oct/nov which had 303 entrants?

nvm that was 243

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
They had like 900 people registered; that in no way means there were actually going to be that many people there, only that 900 people expressed interest.

They were both basically identical, had the same amount of entrants, started at the same time and took about the same time to finish (2 days).

Top Bottom