• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
^____________^

i dont think that any other tournament hosts are such drunkards. ^_^

i say that pound 3 will be awesome. who agrees?

chinesah is gonna try to set up commentary, only smashers i deem as respectable will be able to commentate XD

MaNg0

Smash Hero
^____________^

i dont think that any other tournament hosts are such drunkards. ^_^

i say that pound 3 will be awesome. who agrees?

chinesah is gonna try to set up commentary, only smashers i deem as respectable will be able to commentate XD

Do u deem me respectable

:laugh::laugh:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no dude u will be watching a fox vs marth match and go "WHY ISNT HE RESTING HIM!!!"

LOL jk tho but really yea i guess so XD

D20

Smash Lord
I would image it would be all the smashers that were unable to attend. Also, the audience could be newer players that did not feel they were good enough yet to come to a major event. Let's face it, nobody outside of the smash community knows this tournament even exists, so there is no sense trying to make the commentary mainstream. However, if AlphaZealot would be able to post the videos on mlgpro.com, then we might want to consider an audience of non-smashers.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I would image it would be all the smashers that were unable to attend. Also, the audience could be newer players that did not feel they were good enough yet to come to a major event. Let's face it, nobody outside of the smash community knows this tournament even exists, so there is no sense trying to make the commentary mainstream. However, if AlphaZealot would be able to post the videos on mlgpro.com, then we might want to consider an audience of non-smashers.
I still think we're better off gearing towards the smash community when it comes to commentary. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want another Evo East style thing where the commentary is completely useless at giving any insight as to what's actually happening. I also think it would just be sort of annoying for commentators to be explaining what a wavedash is, or how you meteor cancel or whatever, mid-match. That's just me though.

soap

Smash Hero
i saw a couple matches where drephen and watty are commentating... they were pretty bad at it.. i hope da dave comes and commentates

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I wish I knew already who would be in each crew to increase my amazing anticipation for this.

P.S.
Why did you decide to do a round robin? Doesnt that lower its epicness. Not having finals isnt as exciting IMO.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I wish I knew already who would be in each crew to increase my amazing anticipation for this.

P.S.
Why did you decide to do a round robin? Doesnt that lower its epicness. Not having finals isnt as exciting IMO.
with so few crews, its not practical to have a bracket. it wouldnt really be fair to certain crews either, everyone should have a chance to play everyone

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Make the commentators people that will put feeling and comedy into a match instead of....Forward smash....oh he got tipped.......looks like he isnt coming back again...........

Watch some of the Denjin-videos of 3rd strike or the MvC2 commentators. They don't use terminology a lot or do play by plays, they just made it really enjoyable and funny to watch.

http://www.denjin-video.com/3s-ranbat-season-3/index.php great videos to watch ^_^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Dude, the commentary on Wes's MLG matches >_>

"Now you see Samus charging up that B move. It's a very deadly move that you have to watch out for. The longer you charge, the more damage it does"...

"As you can see, Samus can use her down b move to actually come back on stage by"...

too good <_<

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Make the commentators people that will put feeling and comedy into a match instead of....Forward smash....oh he got tipped.......looks like he isnt coming back again...........

Watch some of the Denjin-videos of 3rd strike or the MvC2 commentators. They don't use terminology a lot or do play by plays, they just made it really enjoyable and funny to watch.

http://www.denjin-video.com/3s-ranbat-season-3/index.php great videos to watch ^_^
aka Evo east commentary.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Whoa.
Forkgirl is actually a GIRL!?

Honestly. I always though that person was a guy.
why does everyone think that!? lol, i've gotten that sooooo many times...forkgirl....how do you get boy from forgirl?!!?

Is it because my amazing smash skills make it that unbelievable?! :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
i wish i had amazing smash skill :)

edit: whoops i posted this in the wrong thread. or i though it was a different one. sorry for the double post and spam

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Mango is not respectable.

He will spend the entire match speaking of how beautiful PC's hair is.
Hugo u no me so well

<3

And Plank

i do other cool things then rest like uhhh

Bair air combos ^_____^

" Pc With the uPsmash o wait what is this He flipped his hair... What a champ"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom