• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
commentary sucks, there probably wont be commentary. plus, commentary wouldnt nearly be as entertaining and epic as just audio of the match itself, i.e. the sound of the players and the crowd, and their controllers.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
honestly, wouldnt it be priceless if we had the audio of Forward saying "YOU CANT JUST KILL YOUR PARTNER", right before Taj kills forward, then himself, ultimately losing the match at pound 2 teams bracket?!?!?

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
honestly, wouldnt it be priceless if we had the audio of Forward saying "YOU CANT JUST KILL YOUR PARTNER", right before Taj kills forward, then himself, ultimately losing the match at pound 2 teams bracket?!?!?
That was the best part of my day at pound 2

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well... okay, I'm officially able to make it to this. I'm purchasing my ticket tomorrow and would like to work out housing details with anybody willing to help out.

I will, of course, pay for gas and possibly spot some food for the person driving me to and from the airport and I'll bring my own sleeping stuff. I can curl up in any corner of any house, pretty much.

AIM: excelexcel25 if you want to get in touch with me and help me out. Thanks a lot.

Cort

Apple Head
Well... okay, I'm officially able to make it to this. I'm purchasing my ticket tomorrow and would like to work out housing details with anybody willing to help out.

I will, of course, pay for gas and possibly spot some food for the person driving me to and from the airport and I'll bring my own sleeping stuff. I can curl up in any corner of any house, pretty much.

AIM: excelexcel25 if you want to get in touch with me and help me out. Thanks a lot.
yesssss a talented player that can take out all the players I could lose to

and then lose to me <3

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Why is it that the only people who like me are the ones who crush me in tournament play?

Oh, right. XD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
AIRPORT/TRAVELLING INFO

Airport to Quality Inn

At BWI there will be a shuttle bus that will take you to the light rail station, this bus will be free of charge.
From there you will the light rail to the Patapsco stop. At the stop you will take the Number 16 bus route towards Mondawmin which will lead you directly to the hotel.

Quality Inn to UMBC

Take the directions I listed above and reverse them. Get on the Number 16 Bus going the opposite way to which you came, and head back to the light rail station. From the light rail station take the light rail to Downtown Baltimore (The Convention Center). From there, there will be a bus that takes you directly up to UMBC.

BWI Airport to UMBC

Take the shuttle bus to the light rail station. From the light rail station head Downtown (Convention Center) and then once there take the bus that says "UMBC" on it, it should also be bus #35.

BWI Airport to HAT's house

Take the shuttle bus to the light rail station. Once you are there take the light rail to Downtown (Convention Center). Take the Number 10 bus route which is towards RT.40/Rolling road. This will take you to HAT's house. (Catonsville, MD, a store named PIANO MAN. Watch out for it).

Bus routes are generally ~$1.50 one way or $3.50 for a full day pass.

From the light rail station, take the light rail to the Patapsco stop. Light rail trips should be ~$1.60

The shuttles from the airport to light rail station should be free.

At the light rail station there should be a schedule posted on the wall for light rail times.

Busses generally come twice per hour, sometimes more, sometimes a bit less. The standard is at the :15 and :45 points of an hour (3:15, 3:45, etc etc).

Umm, i think thats all for now, hope that helps.

Also, there have been no reservations at the hotel yet. If there is no interest shown soon the deal might be cancelled, so people need to get on it if you actually want it. eek.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Good stuff Plank. But what about the people arriving from the Baltimore Bus station (us) to the hotel or Hats house?

Eggm

Smash Hero
I just looked at the roster on TA's website only 50 people so far. We need about 8x this amount to make it epic. One thing to say to people.

STEP. IT. UP.

Wobbles is coming, regional crew for south gets stronger. :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
phist it- what station is it exactly? i can get you directions if you can get me that info.

penn station?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
my guess is most people are going to have to get rooms at the hotel. its pretty cheap, especially for the fact its in the baltimore area. i got a good deal of $68 a night (plus tax) so split between 4-5 people thats not so bad, there are two double beds as well. info is on the first page. should be lots of smashers there so aside from actually having a bed to sleep in and some quiet (if u so desire) there will be lots of smashers around and it should be fun

soap

Smash Hero
do we have to book these hotels in advance? mathos did you guys do this already? i want to stay at the same place.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
FORWARD ISNT GOING =//////////////////////

dammit

im on the search for a good teammate

no forward =(((((((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom