• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
The whole thing that's wrong with it is that the bombs grew out of the ground.
That makes these bombs veggies that explode which is debunked like Deku Nuts and Orange Grenades having any type of explosive/stunning properties.

Realistically, bombs don't grow out of the ground.
Bombs aren't veggies that explode.
They aren't legit bombs.
How do you know they grow out of the ground?
Regardless, Tomahawks>bombs

REL38

Smash Lord
How do you know they grow out of the ground?
Regardless, Tomahawks>bombs
They're kinda rooted everywhere in the entire land.
They hold absolutely no strategic value to the desidents of the land as they don't serve as mines to protect treasures or vegetation.
They are terrible traps as they take well over 5 seconds to explode upon plucking them.
They are grown along with other turnips throughout the land.
Enemies aren't known to even use these veggie bombs to their advantage.
Manual planting of these bombs would be stupid on King Wart's part. They offer him no strategic advantage; only disadvantage.

Also:

I'm pretty sure Wario will make better use of his bombs than Luigi in regards to range.
Wario will chuck a bomb at a distance well over what Luigi can accomplish with the tomahawks.
Wario has better range with those muscles.

Sieguest

Smash Master
yeah, because in Zero Mission, she was fighting space pirates.
With much, much, more armor than fox.
Brawl just had to follow that mechanic or else it wouldn't make sense to the ppl who didn't stop and think "I wonder what would happen if this was in RL"

that's what this thread is for.

I thought we were taking them from brawl and applying RL on them from there.....

>_____>
*looks back at OP*

EDIT: Rawr OP jack and I'm willing to go find the super old thread to pull out the roots too >___>
OP of this said:
This is a contest of real world fights between members of the cast of super smash brothers. This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible.

For example, week one featured Link vs Marth. We took into account that Link had better armor overall than Marth due to having leather clothes, chainmail, and a shield. Marth only sported shoulderpads, while good for attacking his neck...left the rest of his body wide open.
EDIT2: Well dang, looks like they keep this thing at four pages max, no digging for roots then >_______>

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
they *can*, but ZSS's is meant as a paralyzer
For the record, it's only been called the/a paralyzer in Brawl. If it did more than paralyze in the game, it'd be 2wtfh4x, and as it's been stated, it paralyzed heavily armored enemies.

@ current MU - Even if Luigi had bombs, Wario would outrange him. Luigi approaching with tomahawks = lol

TWBB reference is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Bombs >>>>>>> Tomahawks.
Wario >>>>>>>> Luigi
Nice try Xeph, but Weegee isn't pulling this one with veggie bombs.

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, I actually got that from the guide for MKW.
Luigi has tomahawks and bombs IIRC, and you should know better than to believe wario can use his bike.
We don't see landmasters here, do we?

My computer lost it's connetion yesterday, but I wanted to answer this. so better late than never, I guess.

Really? I looked through it before and couldn't find anything about an oil factory. Oh well... the more I know~

Anyway, I wasn't here for any recent Wario activites, so I didn't know he couldn't have one, why was that?

Adding to REL's post, if you want to get technical, the american SMB2 was a dream, right?

Anyway, Wario does have pirate bomb, but in like a minority of the matches.

EDIT: After reading Xep's article, does Wario have acess to bombs? It said he just took one from the enemy.

I know of a bomberman game, but I don't think that's canon.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Justaway

Right.
SMB2 was all a dream so technically, we can't take anything from it.

Wario has an inventory of bombs, I believe.
That's enough for him to have it as he continually used them, even if he got them in such a way.

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't belive he had any in Shake it, he shook an enemy and took it off him to throw. I think the bombs enemies in Wario world as well.
Could be wrong.

Items

Blocks and Collectibles in the game.
Blocks

* Arrow Block
* Drop Block
* Marshmallow Block
* Rock Block

Collectibles

* Coins
* Red Diamonds
* Mr. Wario's Golden Statues
* Spritelings
* Wario's Treasures
* Garlic
Objects

Various objects to help or hinder Wario on his quest.

* Treasure Buttons
* Wooden Chests
* Bunny Springs
* Escape Springs
* Glue Globes
* Smiley Bombs<-------
* Columns
* Sculptures
* Garlic Dispensers
* Swirly Slabs
* Swirly Spinners
* Battle Rings
* ByeBye Balloons
I don't belive they were items in WarioWorld, since they aren't collectables, really not sure though.

If that's right, Luigi wins?

Tomahawks >>>>>>>Wario (?)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Maybe. Tomahawks are deadly. But what Luigi has are more like throwing hammers, not axes. Doesn't make a difference, though.

Anyway, maybe Wario has a sleeve up his ***?

Edit:

I checked. He has a futuristic pistol.

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/1/1d/Space_Wario.jpg

There is a problem though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEffK5aZqig

3:25

It shoots failzers.

So yeah, tomahawks **** Wario. They will just end up breaking his bones, even if he catches them.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I agree with Toc. Weegee only had a vacuum to my knowledge, unless we going to give him Mario weapons now. And if Wario doesn't have bombs, Falcon wins that MU.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
True indeed...for a second I thought that it was based off of the original SMB.

So he gets the outfit Mario has. And why doesn't Wario have bombs again?

And if he doesn't then Falcon wins against him.

justaway12

Smash Master
Mario didn't have hammers in SMB.1, you're thinking of Bowser.

Wario doesn't get bombs because I don't think he has access to them, the only times he got it were in Warioland and Shake it, I don't think it's in his items place and the only way he can get it is by defeating an enemy with it. Could be wrong.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I was referring to the giant axe ppl kept bringing up.

And if he doesn't, then Weegee wins and Falcon also beats Wario.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I thought we were taking them from brawl and applying RL on them from there.....

>_____>
*looks back at OP*

EDIT: Rawr OP jack and I'm willing to go find the super old thread to pull out the roots too >___>

EDIT2: Well dang, looks like they keep this thing at four pages max, no digging for roots then >_______>
ahuhuh dur
"as realistic as possible"
take it into RL and we have a very deadly weapon sawn.
as my location says "defending cases"

JOE!

Smash Hero
true sam, but current ones arent a gaurenteed kill, Ill have to bring up the link about th hand-held ones in a sec...

Nova9000

Smash Lord

justaway12

Smash Master
Again, REL, that wasn't his items =P

He could purchase 1, and he didn't even use it xD

That stickman did.

It was help vs. the final boss, it wasn't on his item list an it's not even his, he just hired that stickman.

Not mention in Wario Land 4, the place blows up, therefore losing the only access he has to the bombs =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICNH7iB1NKI&feature=related

= ♥

I would be surprised if was the only one who thought she was cuter than the first princess =/

The sprites weren't though.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So again I say, if Wario has Bombs, then he wins. If not, he loses. Frankly, IDK at all so I'm taking back seat to the discussion. But if he doesn't have them then Falcon earns 1 victory over him as well.

UncleSam

Smash Master
true sam, but current ones arent a gaurenteed kill, Ill have to bring up the link about th hand-held ones in a sec...
you said that yesterday and still nothing? it's a tie bro, get used to it.

kk, now to Wario vs Luigi...
oh wait it ended already?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
you said that yesterday and still nothing? it's a tie bro, get used to it.

kk, now to Wario vs Luigi...
oh wait it ended already?
Seems like it unless someone can find bombs for Wario. And Falcon kicks his *** as well.

REL38

Smash Lord
Again, REL, that wasn't his items =P

He could purchase 1, and he didn't even use it xD

That stickman did.

It was help vs. the final boss, it wasn't on his item list an it's not even his, he just hired that stickman.

Not mention in Wario Land 4, the place blows up, therefore losing the only access he has to the bombs =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICNH7iB1NKI&feature=related

= ♥

I would be surprised if was the only one who thought she was cuter than the first princess =/

The sprites weren't though.
I keep seeing the Princess and it feels like I'm being unintentionally mocked ;__;
Wario got this!

Anyways, I think I'm onto something for Wario.

btw
Falcon's lasers are pathetic and he'd still lose in close combat.

Edit:

Wario proceeds to go Super Saiyan and pwns the n00bs.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
That would be Paya. He found items for a third of the cast in TDB and was the one who brought up bombs for Wario. I haven't played a Wario game before so I have no knowledge of it. Just says he was in a game with Bomberman so that wouldn't be canon if the bombs were derived from that game. But maybe someone else found them; seems it's only like 5 of us posting here.

I keep seeing the Princess and it feels like I'm being unintentionally mocked ;__;
Wario got this!

Anyways, I think I'm onto something for Wario.

btw
Falcon's lasers are pathetic and he'd still lose in close combat.

Edit:

Wario proceeds to go Super Saiyan and pwns the n00bs.
False Kaka-REL. If Wario only has a gun then they both fail. So it becomes a lol shootout. Wario seems a bit too lethargic to dodge as well as Falcon and such Falcon would get the first hit it with his gun. If he has something else then I can reconsider it but as of now I don't agree with that MU.

And you of all people should know what a true Super Saiyan is....that is preposterous. Wario-Man seems more of his style.

REL38

Smash Lord
. . . . In other news, Wario has met an unexpected occurance.
Due to the sudden influx of weapon upgrades and bias/fanboy-ism as of many pages ago, Luigi has recieved the usage of Hammer Bros. projectiles (hammers) raising his performance. Unfortunately, Wario has been stripped of his trump card; bombs. This puts him at a huge disadvantage against characters with any ranged weapons and limits Wario to semi-close/close combat.

Quite an unexpected turn for Wario.
Fortunately, his match against Captain Falcon remains as it is as Falcon's laser has no lethal properties behind it. Wario overshadows Falcon in close combat and thusly wins that match.

Tune in after 72 posts from UncleSam as he celebrates/brags about accomplishing to make 2000 posts in The Deadliest Brawler Thread.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Tune in after 72 posts from UncleSam as he celebrates/brags about accomplishing to make 2000 posts in The Deadliest Brawler Thread.
So you finally realized what I was counting to?
GJ slowpoke jk

JOE! - 2 days... nothing... ZSS vs. Fox is a tie.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
. . . . In other news, Wario has met an unexpected occurance.
Due to the sudden influx of weapon upgrades and bias/fanboy-ism as of many pages ago, Luigi has recieved the usage of Hammer Bros. projectiles (hammers) raising his performance. Unfortunately, Wario has been stripped of his trump card; bombs. This puts him at a huge disadvantage against characters with any ranged weapons and limits Wario to semi-close/close combat.

Quite an unexpected turn for Wario.
Fortunately, his match against Captain Falcon remains as it is as Falcon's laser has no lethal properties behind it. Wario overshadows Falcon in close combat and thusly wins that match.

When did we decide that lasers aren't lethal? This is a brand new occurrence to me, considering how it can fry a giant lizard yet isn't considered lethal. And with the gun CQC isn't necessary since Wario lacks the mobility to dodge it.

UncleSam

Smash Master
When did we decide that lasers aren't lethal? This is a brand new occurrence to me, considering how it can fry a giant lizard yet isn't considered lethal. And with the gun CQC isn't necessary since Wario lacks the mobility to dodge it.
comic strip based off a racing game =/= RL
lasers are just light that generate heat over a period of time. good luck killing somebody with it in a second.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
comic strip based off a racing game =/= RL
lasers are just light that generate heat over a period of time. good luck killing somebody with it in a second.

Is that so? It still can kill, just not in one second. Wario has like -2 mobility, not to mention how does he stay on two feet when he is all belly and upper body strength. Faclon could just keep away and burn away at Wario until he dies.

REL38

Smash Lord

Is that so? It still can kill, just not in one second. Wario has like -2 mobility, not to mention how does he stay on two feet when he is all belly and upper body strength. Faclon could just keep away and burn away at Wario until he dies.

Imagine, if you will, Falcon trying to keep his laser pointer focused in precisely one concentrated spot just to cause a very minor burn.
Wario may not have great running speed, but it's rediculous to assume that Falcon has the best best best precision aiming non-scope targeting skills to keep his laser point set on a single location at a constant rate.
If his laser moves off the tiny set target at all, then the laser will not burn diddly squat.

It has no lethal properties behind it.
It's only good for lighting matches.
It can't cause a giant lizard man to combust into flames.

JOE!

Smash Hero
http://panda.unm.edu/AcadAdv/lightning.html

couldnt find the exact link Sam (also been very busy in RL, sorry guys) so i did some research on electrolasers.

What we arent focusing on is this: An electrolaser is simply a device using a laser to direct electricity.

That being said, how much can Samus' pistol produce to be sent through the laser, and can it be lethal if it's shown to really only be "taser" strength?

(granted the link is old, it still shows what an electrolaser "is")

JOE!

Smash Hero
yeah, Sam (and HOLO) romanticised it into being essentially what Falcon is shown having in that comic, when it's really nothing more than a fancy ranged taser for ZSS

(PSS on the other hand.....)

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Imagine, if you will, Falcon trying to keep his laser pointer focused in precisely one concentrated spot just to cause a very minor burn.
Wario may not have great running speed, but it's rediculous to assume that Falcon has the best best best precision aiming non-scope targeting skills to keep his laser point set on a single location at a constant rate.
If his laser moves off the tiny set target at all, then the laser will not burn diddly squat.

It has no lethal properties behind it.
It's only good for lighting matches.
It can't cause a giant lizard man to combust into flames.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser#Lasers_as_weapons

Going into RL Wario has eyes right?
Unless the guy blinks it's not hard to accomplish.
And I'm even willing to go as far to say Wario can't run.
He only needs to blind him. Then Falcon Punch.
jk but seriously, if he cannot see then Falcon has him where he wants him.
And why is it so riduclous to assume Falcon can aim? Peach has aim with bombs; I can't accept that.

Top Bottom